Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe (16720 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila / 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Perkins2018: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2019
Ajibel:

shocked

Is he insinuating that 70% of Lagosians are Igbos

Go back to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by decasey(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2019
because of appointment and money., Dis men is a useless man.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Cantonese: 8:15am On Aug 16, 2019
Jagbajantis intete. Tell us your other names na. Since you have no ethnic tribe please go and live in Sambisa to prove yourself to us.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Xzellentgraphic: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2019
This man is very stupid with this kind of statement
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by sylve11: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2019
this man don match line............. grin grin cool
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by gratiaeo(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2019
Igbo are not interested in Lagos politics if it's Hausa that has population and resources of Igbo in Lagos by now they will be controlling some Local governments, state Assemble and even Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by WarriFirstBorn(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
Ha, this one will regret saying this, should he want to run for a political office, his opponents will just dug this rubbish up

Point out one thing he has said that is against the constitution or the law of nature.

He just spoke the truth. One of the major problems of this country is ethnicity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Ajibel(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2019
Perkins2018:

Go back to school.

I'm currently in school sir cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Perkins2018: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2019
MikelIbe:
The deeper truth is that SE would not have voted Bu.hari no matter where he picked his running mate from. Bu.hari's had picked two SE in the past- Okadigbo in mind. But we voted OBJ because we knew he was miles ahead of a NEPA bill certificate holder. If Stimulation had. Picked from the west, we would have still voted for him.

Now weve all seen what a disaster the country is.
Buhari picked a Yoruba in 2011 also. The reason you didn’t vote for him those times is because he contested under a regional party. Nigeria was a one party state until 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by MyGeneration(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2019
MikelIbe:
The deeper truth is that South East would not have voted Buhari no matter where he picked his running mate from. Buhari's had picked two South easterners in the past- Okadigbo in mind. But we voted OBJ because we knew he was miles ahead of a NEPA bill certificate holder. If Stimulation had. Picked from the west, we would have still voted for him.

wow... wetin buhari do una?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Perkins2018: 8:26am On Aug 16, 2019
Ajibel:

I'm currently in school sir cry

Pay attention to comprehension classes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by martowskin1(m): 8:28am On Aug 16, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
Ha, this one will regret saying this, should he want to run for a political office, his opponents will just dug this rubbish up

Trust me, the idiot will just throw money around and still win, is this not Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by olisaEze(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2019
I think this man is just a lackey and political jobber, and most of his statements are tailored to suit his boss Tinubu. However, if you remove the ‘tribal lens’ covering your eyes, Joe Igbokwe has made a lot of sense. The confab report recommended the same thing. As a Nigerian, state of origin should not be an issue where you have been resident for at least 10yrs. And if you decide to contribute and make a positive impact on your immediate environment, your antecedents & capabilities alone should be the determining factor and not if your forefathers were the first settlers on that soil. We can’t continue with the way we have been carrying on, Nigeria needs a total overhaul to survive this century!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Ajibel(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2019
RockHard:

Based on the council chairman or deputy context of that particular statement, I think he was talking about local government area or council (you can only be a council chairman or deputy at local govt level); else he would have said governor or deputy of he meant statewide. Implying otherwise would be tantamount to madness, and igbokwe I know won't dare imply such about Lagos. He's unlike the loud-mouthed ones.

Well, I think this is what you inferred from his statement and I kinda agree but some could interpret what he said implying otherwise which would be a shame if that's what Joe actually meant. You know you can't take it away from them to brag about their large numbers and business sagacity.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by martineverest(m): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2019
MikelIbe:
The deeper truth is that SE would not have voted Bu.hari no matter where he picked his running mate from. Bu.hari's had picked two SE in the past- Okadigbo in mind. But we voted OBJ because we knew he was miles ahead of a NEPA bill certificate holder. If Stimulation had. Picked from the west, we would have still voted for him.

liar... south east and south west never voted Obasanjo...south South and northerners did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by RockHard: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2019
Ajibel:

Well, I think this is what you inferred from his statement and I kinda agree but some could interpret what he said implying otherwise which would be a shame if that's what Joe actually meant. You know you can't take it away from them to brag about their large numbers and business sagacity.

The average igboman and hubris are like 5 & 6. They've been claiming to 'dominate' Lagos since before independence even. I've told you what I think he meant, even though he didn't express/articulate it clearly enough, but even if he was exaggerating overall igbo population statewide that won't be a new thing coming from an igboman based on their egoistic predisposition. I recall that even Fashola once made a grossly exaggerated statement (during electioneering) about igbo population in Lagos to get their votes, so such statements didn't start today. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by famouscargo4u: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2019
kettykin:
So innocent chukwuna, ibeto , oji kalu, Nest oil all have their investment in Lagos.
This apc na useless, anyway uncle Joe make sur you are given a key ministry so that you can make money like Ambode before the bubble burst

Yes, I know some of their investment. Innoson has offices at oshodi- Apapa expressway. Nest oil has tank farm in satelite,Apapa, Ibeto has offices in Lagos and Orji Uzor Kalu has more businesses and houses in lagos than in the East.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:42am On Aug 16, 2019
. If I become the president of this country, nobody is going to fill form and put his state of origin. That’s the first thing I will do. It is when you take people for who they are that is when they will release their energy for the good of the country. One day, Nigerians will say, we are all Nigerians.

This is the only reasonable thing he said!
State of origin should be abolished and replaced with state of permanent residence!
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by jaxxy(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2019
He spoke the truth bt people don’t always like the truth when it’s placed b4 them.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Rubicon67(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2019
Ajibel:

shocked

I am wondering the same thing.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2019
Ajibel:

shocked

t9ksy will not like that

cc lzaa

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by MachadoPreto: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2019
SilasNwude:
grin

there was a saying that if you put excess meat for a child in the soup he'll ask whether it's only him

hehehehehehe this one don see wetin pass meat for soup sef thanks to Sanwo olu grin

well well he's irrelevant and dead in Igbo land anyway so it doesn't make any meaning cheesy

As it stands "TODAY" in Nigeria, it's better to be dead in Igbo land and be alive in other parts. The political ideology now is anything the Igno's support goes down.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by koladebrainiac(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2019
kettykin:
So innocent chukwuna, ibeto , oji kalu, Nest oil all have their investment in Lagos.
This apc na useless, anyway uncle Joe make sur you are given a key ministry so that you can make money like Ambode before the bubble burst
mumu they all have,I was at INNOSON OFFICE AT ISOLO ROAD YESTERDAY. GO AND SIT DOWN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by 3Ceagle(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2019
olisaEze:
I think this man is just a lackey and political jobber, and most of his statements are tailored to suit his boss Tinubu. However, if you remove the ‘tribal lens’ covering your eyes, Joe Igbokwe has made a lot of sense. The confab report recommended the same thing. As a Nigerian, state of origin should not be an issue where you have been resident for at least 10yrs. And if you decide to contribute and make a positive impact on your immediate environment, your antecedents & capabilities alone should be the determining factor and not if your forefathers were the first settlers on that soil.

Joe Igbokwe is not saying anything new that we don't know. so i don't know about him making sense. APC, his party is in power, and his political godfather is a major force in the party, so he is in the right position to push this with his party. This how from 1999-2015 election, restructuring of the country was topical to Tinubu group but now what do we have? They have all gone to sleep. We all know what the problems of this country are and the solutions but the political players has used these sentiment and problems to climb the political leadership, and on getting there, they changed or suddenly become silent on major national issues. I trust no politician, even if he is my blood brother.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Guide777(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2019
Joe Igbokwe will soon realise the full implication of being a Bat. In Animal kingdom , Birds think Bat is a mammal and they don't trust him because he doesn't have feathered wings like them. Even mammals also look at him in astonishment because unlike other mammals he fly's . that's why Bats moves at night. Its good he knows that he is a Bat with no ethnic affiliation. Unfortunately for him, there is nothing like a Nigerian without ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by TSRC: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2019
Andhominem:
I blame Tinubu for this aberration. angry

Pigggidddiots deserve no political appointments in Lagos.

Allowing them to do their business and thrive in Lagos is good enough. smiley

Let me see the ministry they will give him.

Tinubu never learns! Piggiddioots will still not support his 2023 presidential ambition, let him give them his head if he likes. Neither will I myself!! angry
Which sane human being would support a tinubu presidency?
Is that the name of an animal, place or thing?

And how is Joe igbokwe an igbo man?
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Danwakae(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2019
Andhominem:
I blame Tinubu for this aberration. angry

Pigggidddiots deserve no political appointments in Lagos.

Allowing them to do their business and thrive in Lagos is good enough. smiley

Let me see the ministry they will give him.

Tinubu never learns! Piggiddioots will still not support his 2023 presidential ambition, let him give them his head if he likes. Neither will I myself!! angry
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by fedora04: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2019
Dear Uncle Joe
There is a little wisdom in what you said about State of Origin

It's my opinion that it should also not be put on forms. That is what has given birth to quota system which is one of the problems of this country

The quota system boldly points us to the fact that we are not one and some people are more privileged than the other tribe

Quota system should be abolished. Nothing like EDLS(educationally less developed State) etc

My child from Delta.schools in Zamfara in the same class with Usman who is from Zamfara. My son can't get an admission because he is not from ElDS yet having a far higher score than Usman

And you say we are one

Let's rethink This country can't move forward unless we address this issues

Do we really want to be united? The earlier we answer that question the better

My tots

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by TSRC: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2019
MachadoPreto:

As it stands "TODAY" in Nigeria, it's better to be dead in Igbo land and be alive in other parts. The political ideology now is anything the Igno's support goes down.
And you manage to ascertain that because of the eight years of the buhari presidency.
Where was the Yoruba people in 16years?
We would remind you in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by donprinyo(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2019
So dis man is dis reasonable? This should be a mentality for everyone dat loves dis country Nigeria.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Sonofthunder9(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2019
grin Nnewi man in action
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by MrFly(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2019
Zane2point4:
Am not suprised, since 1985 am sure you hvnt visited home, am sure he doesn't belong to any meeting and will be buried in a lagos cemetery.

All this ppl born in lagos behave like a sheep, i have so many of them here.
must he belong to any meeting?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria / PHOTOS: Fayose And Makarfi At PDP NEC Meeting / Beggars In Kano State Return To Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.