Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe (16719 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila / 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by SilasNwude: 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2019
[s]
NkemChukwudi:

Ok go and change the constitution. You want to claim other people's ancestral land abi? most of you will be smoked like fish sooner or later over your collective madness over Lagos!

[/s]
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

Trust me we don't want his igbotic dead body.........igbokwe, lzaa and immhotep and GMbuharii' s dead bodies should be taken to the erosion land or we would dump their carcass in the lagoon........awon flattrons gbogbo!
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

the okoro bastard is mad!!!!

So he has stayed in Lagos since 1985 and suddenly he is no longer a Biafra?

Bastd idiot better face his father land in NNewi

Lzaa immhotep

His name is joe yorubakwe
He is ya kaya grin
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by GMbuharii: 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2019
LZAA:

grin

Lolsssssss

It's too late for the likes of nkemchukwudi, Igbokwe wisoon be their honorable commissioner...

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod I told you guys this news was gonna cause them constipation and diarrhoea

grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by gidgiddy: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
Area4Area:
Before the British colonists came, what was your ethnicity and what do your people refer themselves as?
What is the meaning of Biafra in your language and who coined the name?

We have always been Igbos before Nigeria was created by the greedy British. Biafra just like Nigeria is the name of countries, not ethnic groups

Funny how people who were given.the slave name "Nigeria" by the British, after a common River, have now taken that slave name as their ethnic identity. What a disgrace
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Doktajay5: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
References:
Spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lagos State chapter, Joe Igbokwe, has described himself as a Nigerian and not belonging to any ethnic group.

Igbokwe, who stated this yesterday at the House of Assembly during the screening of the last batch of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s cabinet-nominees, lampooned those he described as ethnic bigots.

He hinted that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) vice presidential candidate, Peter Obi, was the reason for the attitude of easterners in the state during the last general election.

Lagos should take the lead and be more open to other ethnic groups by giving them political appointments, he asserted.

He said, “I’m proudly Nigerian; I don’t know about east, west, north or south. I have been in Lagos since 1985. My children were born here. It’s high time we started building this country.

“I get angry when people mention ethnicity. A young Nigerian lady was just made a minister in Britain. If I become the president of this country, nobody is going to fill form and put his state of origin. That’s the first thing I will do. It is when you take people for who they are that is when they will release their energy for the good of the country. One day, Nigerians will say, we are all Nigerians.

“The reason for the attitude of easterners in Lagos at the last election was because Peter Obi was on the ballot. If Atiku had won, he would be the vice president.

“If 70 to 75 per cent of a particular people dominate a region, they should be encouraged. If they don’t get council chairman, at least make them deputy. What Igbo people have in Lagos, they don’t have a quarter of it in their land. If you see anybody that is doing well in the South East, he must have a thriving business in Lagos.

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/i-belong-to-no-ethnic-group-says-joe-igbokwe/

Foolish man.. The joke is on you... Ode, just cos of nonsense commissioner appointment, that they are dashing politicians children in imo...

I trust afonja, the day they will take on u.

Foolish man denying his heritage for a plate ot portage in lagos.
Kuku add gbenga or gboyega or olatunde and remove igbokwe from your name, make e go down well... Shame!
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Ojiofor: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2019
This clownish slave should just mind whatever job he gets from his masters and keep Igbo issues out of his stinking mouth as he has no ethnic group as declared by him.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by gidgiddy: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
All hail Joe Yorubakwe, the man who was named after a common River by Lugards wife and is proud of his slave name!
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by TSRC: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
Commentor:

As you reminded them in 2015 and 2019?
When did buhari become a Yoruba man?
Do you command the same votes in kano and katsina like a buhari?
Because that is the only way you can win in.2023.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Commentor: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
TSRC:

And Buhari cannot sway opinion in those places right?

Anyway, maybe Peter Obi would convince them better.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by TSRC: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
Commentor:

And Buhari cannot sway opinion in those places right?

Anyway, maybe Peter Obi would convince them better.
He can certainly try.
But I am certain that if it is not panadol, it cannot be like panadol.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Banmeallday: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2019
And some people say I lie when I say there are psychologically homeless IGBO PEOPLE.....especially those in Lagos....

What a pity for his mother or rather does his mother know who his father is?
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Area4Area: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

We have always been Igbos before Nigeria was created by the greedy British. Biafra just like Nigeria is the name of countries, not ethnic groups

Funny how people who were given.the slave name "Nigeria" by the British, after a common River, have now taken that slave name as their ethnic identity. What a disgrace
. . . .bit you've always wanted a Biafra and you don't even know the meaning and deriding the word Nigeria because of hate even if you know the meaning
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Area4Area: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
gidgiddy:
All hail Joe Yorubakwe, the man who was named after a common River by Lugards wife and is proud of his slave name!
What is the meaning of Biafra
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by jpphilips(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
kettykin:
So innocent chukwuna, ibeto , oji kalu, Nest oil all have their investment in Lagos.
This apc na useless lying bastard, anyway uncle Joe make sure you are given a key ministry so that you can make money like Ambode before the bubble burst

You know nothing about these people you mentioned.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by gidgiddy: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
Area4Area:
. . . .bit you've always wanted a Biafra and you don't even know the meaning and deriding the word Nigeria because of hate even if you know the meaning

At least with the Biafrans, they chose their name. With Nigerians, they went with whatever name of a River that Lugard chose for them

Good thing that Lugard did not go for Oceans, Joe Igbokwe would have been a proud "Athlantician" by now.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Guide777(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Area4Area:
What he was trying to say flew over your understanding.
He meant that he's a Nigerian and had lived in Lagos since 1985 meaning he has a right just like any Yoruba in Lagos.
If a foreigner having lived in Nigeria for 15 years or more can naturalize and become a Nigerian and choosing a state, what makes him as a Nigerian from not having such privilege.
He even said something about abolishing state of origin in any form to be filled if he was the president, is this not what is obtainable in advanced countries?
What he is trying to say perched perched on your understanding yet you fail to understand that Joe Igbokwe no matter how much he tries cannat be accepted as a youruba by the Yorubas. And you also failed to comprehend that it easier for a foreigner to be accepted as Osogbo indigene than for Joe Igbokwe to be accepted. Nigeria without state of origin? You are dreaming in New york.!
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
martineverest:
liar... south east and south west never voted Obasanjo...south South and northerners did
And who did South East voted for? See him mouth.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Area4Area: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

At least with the Biafrans, they chose their name. With Nigerians, they went with whatever name of a River that Lugard chose for them

Good thing that Lugard did not go for Oceans, Joe Igbokwe would have been a proud "Athlantician" by now.
You've not given me the meaning of the word or just say you don't know it.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by martineverest(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
Chiwude:
And who did South East voted for? See him mouth.
have u forgotten Ojukwu was contesting against obj?
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by poweredcom(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Guide777:

What he is trying to say perched perched on your understanding yet you fail to understand that Joe Igbokwe no matter how much he tries cannat be accepted as a youruba by the Yorubas. And you also failed to comprehend that it easier for a foreigner to be accepted as Osogbo indigene than for Joe Igbokwe to be accepted. Nigeria without state of origin? You are dreaming in New york.!

Bros why are you such a bigot

You see why we as a nation is a joke

This man just because he is Igbo you don't take him as your own tribe despite his brilliance

Look at America who belived a black man could become president

It's how we want Nigeria to be in the future that is what Joe igbokwe speaks about
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by sogodihno: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
TSRC:

And you manage to ascertain that because of the eight years of the buhari presidency.
Where was the Yoruba people in 16years?
We would remind you in 2023.

Chest beater, irrelevant 5% SMH!
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lolsssssss

It's too late for the likes of nkemchukwudi, Igbokwe wisoon be their honorable commissioner...

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod I told you guys this news was gonna cause them constipation and diarrhoea

grin grin
nkemchukwudi right now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by GMbuharii: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
immhotep:

nkemchukwudi right now

It appears mods yaff port that one to beans forum

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
GMbuharii:

It appears mods yaff port that one to beans forum

grin grin grin
To teach him that Igbo-phobia is evil grin grin

cc lzaa adaibeku amatarasha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Guide777(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
poweredcom:

This man just because he is Igbo you don't take him as your own tribe despite his brilliance

It's how we want Nigeria to be in the future that is what Joe igbokwe speaks about

If I am a bigot for saying the truth what about your sage who described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression?
The truth is you guys love Joe Igbokwe because he is serving your purpose. The question remains how long would the love last? I hope by then it would not be too late for the Bat?
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by TSRC: 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2019
sogodihno:

Chest beater, irrelevant 5% SMH!
We can see how relevant you are.
Perpetual opposition.
That buhari that is giving you wings would soon finish his tenure in 3 years.
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Banmeallday: 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

LOL or mountains and hills like Plateau State, or Cross River State, or “Rivers” state, so lazy
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by Banmeallday: 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
poweredcom:

The half cast Obama was not a black President, and did nothing for blacks, except comes to the shythole countries to tell them to accept GAY AZZ people that are practicing a satanic and self indulgent behavior
Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by oyatz(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2019
Joe Igbokwe didn't say anything bad at all.

Why can't we all just be NIGERIANS.
In Rwanda, they have abolished classification based on tribes and it's now an offense to refer to a citizen by the name of any tribe

AroleOduduwa2:
Ha, this one will regret saying this, should he want to run for a political office, his opponents will just dug this rubbish up

1 Like

Re: Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe by oyatz(m): 12:23am On Aug 17, 2019
And do you command the same votes as Kano, Katsina or Kaduna because that the only way you can prevent them from winning.

TSRC:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: It's Either You Give Southeasterners Presidency Or We Leave - Igbo Elders / Thugs Attack On PDP Rally: Atiku, Saraki Fume / Switzerland To Return $380M Looted By Abacha To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.