Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (71556 Views)

Lagos House Where Female & Male Sex Workers Are Camped Busted By Police / Court Grants Obinwanne Okeke "Invictus Obi" Permission To See Dentist / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by healthserve(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
Basher8583:

By doing a bigger fraud?

Did it occur to you that that unguided youngster knows nothing but fraud.

I feel sorry for the younger ones. Let justice serve its cause
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by healthserve(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
santafe:

Evans that should have been executed Tay Tay. We are sympathetic to criminals in Naija. We idolize them and talk about them in our blog spaces.

Na only for Naija you can be a millionaire without any source of how you got there .

Everybody is desperate to be rich.

If I were the justice system, Evans won't see two days extra I swear down.

Dirty money everywhere. Last year Britain complained vehemently about dirty money ending up in their instituitions
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by DavidEsq(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
madridguy:
You know you're into shady deals yet you're going around fighting for Forbes list. You can use money to buy chief title, ceremonial award here in Nigeria but anything that has to do with international award expect FBI to go after you.

This case made me to remember the first law of hacking which is IP address. If you cannot protect your IP address then forget anything you're doing online.
That 1st law of hacking has been known by Edo boiz since 2003
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Torg77: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2019
WalkerMichael:
Listen to his BBC interview here too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p065dtt3

Crime doesn't pay!

http://instablog9ja.com/2019/08/16/how-high-tech-fbi-investigation-led-to-the-arrest-of-forbes-celebrated-nigerian-obinwanneokeke-invictusobi-for-12m-wire-fraud-during-his-recent-trip-to-the-u-s-swipe/

You can only start to imagine the thoughts that ran through his mind when the FBI put those cuffs on his..sweat must have ran through his yansh lol

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Sterope(f): 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
Mental illness is not an excuse.

When they claim that a white mass hooter is mentally disturbed, do you see comments emphatising with the shooter? Do they conclude that we should not blame him.

Elizabeth Holm's is a comparable example, are they making excuses for her?

Thoughts like yours justify fraud. It is the same thinking Naira Marley and his cohorts have. I would understand if this action benefits Nigeria in any way but it doesn't.

Yonce:

The U.S makes excuses for mass shooters who are white and male.
If he's a black man, he's a thug.
If he's an Arab or a muslim, he's a terrorist.
If he's a white man, he's mentally disturbed. And maybe lonely.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by abdullahi45: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
Nice work by the FBI. But, I hope some fools won't try to utilise the cyber-skills sandwiched in the investigation file for their criminal motives.. angry . I hope other scammers learn from this too...
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Wickedfacts: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
generationz:

I remembered the day Alakija came to speak at a program in unilag.

We were all excited to learn something from Africa's richest woman.

Alas one hour into her talk everyone was tired

I kid you not, people literally had to start clapping in advance before she finished her speech like" come and be going ma" grin grin

It was an awful experience.

All she did was tell her same old story of "how God did it."

Alakija has nothing upstairs to tell you.

She made her money by being the hairdresser to the Wife of a Head of State. She was granted an oil mining license to explore an oil well. That oil well was taken away from her and then she went to court before the Supreme Court gave her back.

She can't tell you anything cos she doesn't know anything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by piagetskinner(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
Most of these young people that suddenly make it big do it through illegal means
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Yonce(f): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
Sterope:
Mental illness is not an excuse.

When they claim that a white mass hooter is mentally disturbed, do you see comments emphatising with the shooter? Do they conclude that we should not blame him.

Elizabeth Holm's is a comparable example, are they making excuses for her?

Thoughts like yours justify fraud. It is the same thinking Naira Marley and his cohorts have. I would understand if this action benefits Nigeria in any way but it doesn't.

I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about? grin
Did you see me justify fraud in anything I typed?
You said America doesn't make excuses for their mass shooters and I pointed out tons of scenerios where they do. Especially if he's white.

An arab guy blew up the Boston marathon and it was labelled a terrorist attack.

A black man with a licence to carry guy has a weapon and is instantly killed by the police in traffic.

A black underage teenage boy plays with a toy gun and he's instantly killed by a cop.

A white supremacist shoots down a school or a hispanic mall or a gay club and he's labelled disturbed or mentally ill and the cop manages to chain him down and arrest him. And FOX news tells us he's lonely and just being bullied hence his actions.

America racially profiles people. Elizabeth today is not in jail, she's engaged to be married to a millionaire.
If she was black, or hispanic. . . She'll be locked up for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by 0ldirtybastard(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2019
Any way na way. Hypocritical and jealous vultures remain preponderantly countless.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Infinityk: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Timmyprox:

Okay sir
You just dey deal with Dem Igbo.....kilode
I told u I had many info
It's just that I'm busy with work now
Can u believe most of those guys have run away
It's a shame I can't post topics again

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by generationz(f): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Alakija has nothing upstairs to tell you.

She made her money by being the hairdresser to the Wife of a Head of State. She was granted an oil mining license to explore an oil well. That oil well was taken away from her and then she went to court before the Supreme Court gave her back.

She can't tell you anything cos she doesn't know anything.

grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by djon78(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
I will always say it
Evil, illegal money doesn't pay.
In fact truth be said
Illegal money has been the foundation of majority of big businesses we hear in Nigeria.
This were bequeathed via subsequent looted money from past.

This emboldened the younger generation
Almost all young people being praised today are involved in terrible thing's

As for those going tribal
I will call it hypocritical
Nook and cranny of entire Nigerian space is littered with very dirty financial/fraudulent crime
The oyibos don't know who is Igbo or any other tribe
All they know is that you are carrying Nigerian passport

I truly love this FBI investigation
In fact searchlight will be beamed on Nigeria
Young people need to learn that crime doesn't pay
Don't rush material things
Take it easy
At the due time you will succeed
Let me say it again
There is no absolute gain from crime
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by jamesbridget13(f): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
Na wa o
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Iziquiel(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
peacesamuel94:

Oga, if you want to steal, go and steal, that America makes excuses for their theives, (If that hogwash is even true) does not mean Nigeria too should do same.
You seem like one of those people who think Americans are Angels that don't commit crimes. We all know they protect their own, they hardly show the world what's happening in their country. Nobody is taking sides here but thinking that Americans are clean and don't protect their citizens is stupidity. Have you ever asked yourself how these frauds are carried out? How foreigners get information on what to do and how to go about it? Foreigners even file for millions of tax returns with the aid of some internal collaborators(Americans). Bro, there's more to all what you read/see.
Whatever crime people are committing was learnt from them and their government know it.

El Chapo is in Jail but Americans who aided his drug business are walking freely or do you think it was only Chapo and his Mexican crew that were involved in his drug business? Where are the US Customs and Border Protection and Homeland Security Personnels that allowed Chapo's drug and money in and out of America? Those are two of the four agencies charged with protecting the US borders. Abi na wire transfer dem dey do for drug business?
My point here is,we shouldn't see Americans as Angels, the US Government protects their, when you are caught as a foreigner along side an American for bring accomplices, you as a foreigner gets a much heavier punishment than your American accomplice.
Americans are not Angels and their system is not perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Iziquiel(m): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
Sterope:
They don't make excuses for their mass shooters. They don't downplay the grieve they cause to their victims.

However I am going to guess that you are talking about the ideological differences between the republicans and the liberals over gun rights. Which is entirely different from shielding fraudsters or giving them public support.
No, I'm not talking about the ideological differences in America's political sphere over gun control. The gun control issue is a bit complicated because it cuts across the divide. There are Liberals who are not willing to give up their firearms and there are Republicans who welcomes the idea.

It's a known fact that the present US Govt is shielding White Americans who have been carrying out these mass shootings in recent years. We've seen the media and government trying to colour these acts and not calling them what they are or calling the perpetrators who they are. We've seen and heard so many flimsy excuses made by the US Government as the cause(s) of these shootings. They attribute these shootings to things like mental health problems and video games. Lol... Now, ask yourself these questions, what's the difference between a White man who shoots at people on the streets and a Muslim Jihadist who detonate bombs on the streets? Why is the Muslim called a terrorist and the White man is tagged a mentally deranged person or someone who got propelled by GAMES? isn't that shielding?
El Chapo is in Jail but how many Americans are in jail for aiding him? Do you think he ran his drug business alone on US soil without the aid of American security agents? There are Americans involved in wire fraud and money laundering but you will never hear about it. The problem with Africans is that, we are quick to demonize ourselves just too look good in the eye of West. Have you ever seen pictures/videos of Slums in the US on CNN or Fox? They show ours but never theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by abdulazeez1002(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
Jarus and Phonon.

Do you guys remember helping this invictus guy name big management consulting firms in Nigeria?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by seunayantokun(m): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
Thank God he has been caught. Others will learn a good lesson.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by iPopAlomo(m): 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
He got caught.

All of a sudden, all the losers that habitually "tap" into someone's supposed blessings magically disappeared.

/

This post deserves 1 million likes...

It banged!!!
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by 400billionman: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
classicalbenson:
dude never understood the concept of lowkey...

The guy no try. Stupid liver.

He scammed a US company and still travels to US. Perhaps feeling Forbes had laundered his image successfully.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by peacesamuel94(m): 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
Iziquiel:

You seem like one of those people who think Americans are Angels that don't commit crimes. We all know they protect their own, they hardly show the world what's happening in their country. Nobody is taking sides here but thinking that Americans are clean and don't protect their citizens is stupidity. Have you ever asked yourself how these frauds are carried out? How foreigners get information on what to do and how to go about it? Foreigners even file for millions of tax returns with the aid of some internal collaborators(Americans). Bro, there's more to all what you read/see.
Whatever crime people are committing was learnt from them and their government know it.

El Chapo is in Jail but Americans who aided his drug business are walking freely or do you think it was only Chapo and his Mexican crew that were involved in his drug business? Where are the US Customs and Border Protection and Homeland Security Personnels that allowed Chapo's drug and money in and out of America? Those are two of the four agencies charged with protecting the US borders. Abi na wire transfer dem dey do for drug business?
My point here is,we shouldn't see Americans as Angels, the US Government protects their, when you are caught as a foreigner along side an American for bring accomplices, you as a foreigner gets a much heavier punishment than your American accomplice.

Of course, no system is perfect, and who says it is. So if what you're is saying is true, then it means the American correctional system harbour only people from other countries, or better still just animals in their Prisons, so Americans don't go to Prison right? and when/if they do, they prevent us from knowing right?. So when people like Elizabeth Holmes, Timothy McVeigh and the likes go to Prison, its just Hollywood abi, I didn't know.

Infact this is not my main problem with your argument...the above...is not. It is rather your insinuating that since Americans shield their bad eggs or perhaps have a questionable legal system, then it therefore justifies us..Nigerians to do same.

Americans are not Angels. Yes. They are not. then what,? How does that affect Nigerians?. that one is a thief does not mean the other, should draw boldness from it. It is this bandwagon mentality that's killing the already dying remnants of hope in the Nation, what woe would betide her, if her youths totally embrace it. Ignore the number and calibre of people living the lie and spread truth. It is what matters.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Saucekide25(m): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
rose54321:
Thanks to Nairaland. .this forum played it part in his identification.

How bro?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by bxcode(m): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
Chai... and people will see all these guys online and be killing themselves.... only God knows how many of them are out there.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Jarus(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Jarus and Phonon.

Do you guys remember helping this invictus guy name big management consulting firms in Nigeria?

Did I?

I can't remember. But I know I always contribute to management consulting topics on Nairaland.

Make I go check
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by abdulazeez1002(m): 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
Jarus:

Did I?

I can't remember. But I know I always contribute to management consulting topics on Nairaland.

Make I go check
When he asked this question

Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by GMbuharii: 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
[s]
Infinityk:

This is why I laugh when I see and tundebricklayer and some Igbos boasting about Igbo people ,that they are industrialist and Jews, that Yoruba's envy them
The Yoruba people that don't know the name of their state
I had an igbo friend them,he told me some cold facts
He said most of the houses on Onitsha owerri road were built from criminal money
The thing about Igbos is that when they commit a crime,they invest the proceeds home,unlike Yoruba's who waste the money and buy houses in Dubai UK
That's one of the reasons I respect Igbos
If u notice the story about this invictus guy,u would realize that he built industries real estate and so on,he also imports like that criminal emoney
U see,If Yoruba's were arguing with Igbos on nairaland, that's how and tundebricklayer will be bringing us industries that yes Igbos are this and that
Sometimes I ask that where do these guys see money to build big houses have industries and so on,then I researched and asked some of my Igbo friends who know the real koko and are living in anambra
I noticed that delta and imo Igbos have conscience
Because most of the info I got were from delta and imo Igbos
This criminal that was just caught, u will c and tundebricklayer boasting about them,I will just laugh at him
Don't get me wrong, there are Igbo people getting legitimate money,but truth be told
Most of them are criminals
I even know some of them in south Africa,personally
There was one guy in anambra that had a big house,young guy,nobody knew how he got the money,but I got info then that the guy was carrying drugs,I was saying its a lie
After three months, Indonesia police arrested him and sentenced him to death
This was around 2015-2016 it was very popular in the news then
After he was killed,I saw videos of the man being carried into his huge house in anambra
Of course,someone sent them to me,but I won't mention
When was boasting about air peace
I was just like, doesn't this guy know who I am?
If I should reveal my info, hmm
Most of their businesses, where did they get the money to start it
They won't tell u but be boasting about their wealth
I know so many of them,even some personally
But the thing is that they invest in their homeland giving u an illusion of what's really going on in their state
I don talk my own
See how they will attack me that I'm jealous of them that I envy them
Monitor this thread[/s]

Height of joblessness

grin grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Jarus(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
When he asked this question

I have seen it.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Sprumbaba: 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
He will know that there is no SOAPY in American prison, him virgin nyash will be destroyed.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Commentor: 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
LordAdam:

[s]No one gives a F*CK about what you preach to your kids!

It's not like the story not getting rehashed stops you from preaching it to your kids.

For crying out loud you're a Nigerian living in Nigeria and earning within Nigeria; It is highly unlikely you haven't had a questionable financial dealing this year. Moralistic tw*t!

I'm sure as hell you support one of these politicians who send billions of dollars overseas annually; then turn around and try to make this guy the poster child of the reason for your poverty.

The guy committed a crime, he is doing the time. Like every criminal the world over. If your kids don't know that yet, you've failed as a father.
[/s]
-Lord

Shut up.

Hunger has ravaged your life so much you think everyone is at your base level.

If you need a bailout you can always ask politely.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by mediclife1987(m): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
madridguy:
Me too wan learn cyber security.

Me wan even start from the basics bra, I be total greenhorn meen...
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 18, 2019
Iziquiel:

That is not true Oga , no one is above the law here, pastors go to jail here just as ex governors do.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 18, 2019
Sprumbaba:
He will know that there is no SOAPY in American prison, him virgin nyash will be destroyed.
As in ehn!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account / 30-year-old Graduate Rapes Sickle Cell Woman / Lady Found Dead In A Hotel In D'line Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.