Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer (51082 Views)

ABU Zaria Student ConstructsLeemah Mobil Barrier Sensitive As Final Year Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
Too bad.
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Toscarel: 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
arrestdarrester:
Rape: the new name for transactional sex gone wrong

Can you believe this half wit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by nairalanduseles: 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
koyyess:

Are you HIV positive?

Funny thing I know my status and you have to be a citizen of most developed countries...........I am not but I learnt a lot about it once I done the test........it's nothing........the problem is people who never know their status .....and go about infecting people ........they be like I rather die than do a test.......do U know your status?

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Patrioticman007(m): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
arrestdarrester:
ABU too?

When the Catholic church is busy raping Boys & Girls internationally you are shouting ABU.

Don't let them COZA your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by SEEDORF441(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2019
You can have a PhD and still be a nuisance

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by AngelicBeing: 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2019
Adegokenath:
Buhari why
grin

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by DameB(f): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
The school's security unit should be encouraged and better equipped... It's good they are trying their best and not covering up those entitled abusers

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
BafanaBafana:
I had the privilege of getting first hand information from a staff of ABU. According to him, the girl wasn't actually raped, they had sex. The parents of the girl however thought their daughter was a virgin so when it was discovered she had HIV, she claimed she was raped. As a matter of fact, the doctor who examined her attested that there was nothing private about the girl's private part.

She probably was raped...

The problem with collecting evidence for rape is that one must do it within the first 24-48 hours. Delaying only means evidence vanishing (wounds heal, all we have left is the ruptured hymen...which could be a sign of rape or consensual act.).

I don't know if the girl gave consent , but then again, I won't be surprised if she was not coerced. Either way, a lecturer having relations with his student is morally reprhernsible. They may be both adults...but it leaves the man open to accusations of favouritism.

Either way, let him suffer the legal consequences of his action.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by koyyess: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Funny thing I know my status and you have to be a citizen of most developed countries...........I am not but I learnt a lot about it once I done the test........it's nothing........the problem is people who never know their status .....and go about infecting people ........they be like I rather die than do a test.......do U know your status?

So why the hell are you ranting?

Did you fully comprehend my comment?

Is there discrimination with people living with HIV as we speak...yes or no?
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by BafanaBafana: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Naijafull19:

She probably was raped...

The problem with collecting evidence for rape is that one must do it within the first 24-48 hours. Delaying only means evidence vanishing (wounds heal, all we have left is the ruptured hymen...which could be a sign of rape or consensual act.).

I don't know if the girl gave consent , but then again, I won't be surprised if she was not coerced. Either way, a lecturer having relations with his student is morally reprhernsible. They may be both adults...but it leaves the man open to accusations of favouritism.

Either way, let him suffer the legal consequences of his action.
Dude, they were having sex! Its not like it happened once
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Presh555(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
I wish this method of getting them could be employed in every university in Nigeria.

Sexual assault is of the increase daily.
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
nairalanduseles:

What rubbish are u saying is it the fact that he did not tell her or he raped her...
If he knows his status and he definitely is on medication so chances of transmitting is really slim
U sound really ignorant

Yes, the chances are 'slim'....but it doesn't mean that it can't happen.

Even a well supressed chap on drugs is STILL advised to use a condom....just to be safe.

It is also possible that the guy (lecturer) did not know his status. And could have had a high viral load, but still be stable .He could also have just commenced drugs...and it takes time to knock down the viral load...(I work in the medical field...have seen healthy people with high viral load who were still healthy)

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Dude, they were having sex! Its not like it happened once

Yes i know...and it is possible she was, as I said

1.Coerced.

2.Willing.

3.Actually raped.

I know,.....I used to be a university student too....but at the same time, I also know some lecturers can be very very funny. (I grew up in a university environment. Both parents were lecturers...now retired. I heard tales.).

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by nairalanduseles: 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
koyyess:

So why the hell are you ranting?

Did you fully comprehend my comment?

Is there discrimination with people living with HIV as we speak...yes or no?

Have u ever done a test?
Do u know your status?
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by NwaOhafia: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Most of this lecturers were in social sciences then, I dont know about now
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by emmnprince(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
Good job ABU management for putting in place a unit to handle sexual harassment related matters.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by koyyess: 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Have u ever done a test? Do u know your status?
Next time, read and comprehend you hear?
Not that hard.
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by pavoda: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
The rich also cry
pavoda:
Despite punitive measures being taken by the management of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) in Zaria, many students are battling to overcome the trauma of sexual harassment and abuse by their lecturers. Daily Trust Saturday takes a look.

Asabe (not real name) was excited to secure admission into the famous Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria. She has however never envisaged that her life would be ruined while in the course of pursuing knowledge. To her chagrin, one of the people responsible for training her in character and learning, forcibly had carnal knowledge of her, in his office.

An inside source in the university confided in Daily Trust Saturday that the incident took place in the Faculty of Education: “The security unit of the university handled the case before it was taken over by the police. Every one of us was disturbed when it was discovered that the man was both HIV and hepatitis positive.”

It was learnt that the alleged victim is a 100-level student.

The source added: “When such incidents happen, we subject both the victim and the suspect to various tests. It was after the tests that this man was found to be both HIV and hepatitis positive. This aggravated the case, where the police completely took over the prosecution. We are all not happy, because this is cruel, for somebody who knows that he is carrying serious diseases, to rape an innocent girl.”

The case of Asabe is presently being handled by the police in Kaduna. Daily Trust Saturday gathered that the father of the girl is close to top government officials, which is why the case is receiving prompt attention.

Investigations by Daily Trust Saturday revealed that many lecturers – and even students – who were caught over sexual harassment were dismissed by the university, with some even prosecuted. However, the disturbing trend is yet to subside.

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
BafanaBafana:
I had the privilege of getting first hand information from a staff of ABU. According to him, the girl wasn't actually raped, they had sex. The parents of the girl however thought their daughter was a virgin so when it was discovered she had HIV, she claimed she was raped. As a matter of fact, the doctor who examined her attested that there was nothing private about the girl's private part.
LOL. cheesy grin
Just to add to that, some female students actually deliberately go after lecturers. I have one whòre in my department whose job apart from not reading for exams is hunting on lecturers for a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by 12345baba(m): 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hausa Amaka
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by nairalanduseles: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
koyyess:

Next time, read and comprehend you hear?

Not that hard.

U can't answer simple questions
Do a test bro
Know your status
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by koyyess: 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2019
nairalanduseles:

U can't answer simple questions Do a test bro Know your status
Are you HIV positive?
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by descartes400: 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Wicked

2 Likes

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by nairalanduseles: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2019
koyyess:

Are you HIV positive?

Baba go and test yourself most of you guys living in Nigeria just fear test
Check your status
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by koyyess: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Baba go and test yourself most of you guys living in Nigeria just fear test Check your status
Simple question too, you can't answer.
Are you HIV positive?
Did you get it from raping people?
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by Fourwinds: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
koyyess:
Discrimination against people living with HIV will continue because of regressive baboons like this.

Disgusting breed of animals.
so someone who willfully raped an innocent girl is being discriminated against right?

When will some of you think normal?
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by pavoda: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
NCAN

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by koyyess: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
Fourwinds:
so someone who willfully raped an innocent girl is being discriminated against right?

When will some of you think normal?

Another person who has failed to comprehend.

Read and comprehend.

gosh!

1 Like

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by ada001(m): 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
Nastybrave2016:

......Teenaged student raped by HIV-positive lecturer

......Lecturers arrested, sacked

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/inside-sex-scandals-rocking-abu.html

only God can punish dat devil in disguise as a lecturer
Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by DaRuud(m): 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
That ABU lecturer that abused, Raped a 100 level girl and infected her with HIV should be made to pay for jeopardizing the future a young girl. I mean from health care support to everything from all he has then throw the slowpoke into d lion cage!
We need sanitation in our schools.

Nastybrave2016:

......Teenaged student raped by HIV-positive lecturer

......Lecturers arrested, sacked

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/inside-sex-scandals-rocking-abu.html

Re: Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer by pavoda: 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
Sad
koyyess:
Discrimination against people living with HIV will continue because of regressive baboons like this.

Disgusting breed of animals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. / Reactions As Student Flaunts His Lexus, Mocks Lecturer’s Car (video) / Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.