Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) (51101 Views)

Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Condition Of Rivers State University Hostel: Pics & Video / COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Truths9ja: 10:32am On Nov 09, 2023
Unilag students share the present state of their #350k hostel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGZla3xS1Ws?si=vXnYca8xXbQCUoiW

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Truths9ja: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2023
Hmm 🤔 Nawaoooo

See the 350k hostel in Unilag that has got everyone buzzing

A video which surfaced online has left social media buzzing after a girl shared the hostel in Unilag her friend got which sells at 350k.

According to information, there is usually a balloting procedure done to get hostels in the University and not everyone is fortunate enough to get one.

However, some students who are lucky to get hostels, increase the price and resell to others who want to live in the hostel because of the proximity to classes.

The lady who shared the video of the Makama hostel, claims her friend got hers at an exorbitant price of 350k, but the environment is nothing to write home about.

See the 350k hostel in Unilag that has got everyone buzzing
State of Unilag hostel, Makama that sells at 350k.
The friend lamented how on getting to the room the door was detached, window net torn and there was no electricity coming into the room.

See reactions to the video:

@Ada_Ihiala said: If you have 350k to buy a hostel space, why not get an apartment instead? The point of getting a hostel is mostly the cost and close to school but omo! Since it’s this expensive kuku do your thing!

@softie0001 exclaimed: Ahhh. This is wickedness

@Haywonofficial said: Both of una no serious, you see this one and you do transfer?

@umorumona wrote: Even kirikiri prison no be like dis.

@naomi_akerele said: Na makama be this. Terrible place to stay

https://www.gistreel.com/see-the-350k-hostel-in-unilag-that-has-got-everyone-buzzing/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Truths9ja: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2023
Imagine, see where the students are staying? So pathetic.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by TANID(m): 10:46am On Nov 09, 2023
shocked
Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Ahmed0336(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2023
This is bad and disheartening.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Politicstoday: 11:05am On Nov 09, 2023
This is very bad. It’s very unfortunate situation in Unilag and its students that are seeking for shelter.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ILoveNG: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
grin And their students are everywhere shouting “Nation’s pride”

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by talk2hb1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
Management and Wahala

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by ravensckar(m): 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
Our Awo Hall in O.A.U says 'Hello'. cheesy cheesy

There's something about managing public infrastructure that Nigerians still can't get right. You'll see a beautiful building today, go back there and check it after 3 years and you'll feel like vomitting.

Besides, how a right-thinking human will pay 350K to live in such a deplorable and dilapidated building beats my imagination. Education without common sense is truly a waste of time.

138 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by APOPTOSIS: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2023
Is this a Hostel or Animal Husbandry?
I'm pleading with UNN not to upload theirs.
I don't want to feel nauseous & possibly puke this morning. Learnt UNN has got gutters inside dia rooms.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by APOPTOSIS: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveNG:
😭😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Natbrowny: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Students go grad and be shouting.. I rep this n that.

U care about ur sch.. Ur sch gives no shit about u while u r there and when u graduate.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Natbrowny: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveNG:

Schools just be like Eatery n Hotels

If u see d pot n frying pan used to put together ur packaged spaghetti n egg.. U go weak.. 😂

Ur pot for house clean pass am..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Politicstoday: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
Natbrowny:
Students go grad and be shouting.. I rep this n that.

U care about ur sch.. Ur sch gives no shit about u while u r there and when u graduate.
hmm 🤔 very true. Even the learning environment isn’t encouraging at all.

9 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Natbrowny: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
Politicstoday:
hmm 🤔 very true. Even the learning environment isn’t encouraging at all.

At all oo..naija schools go just build anytyn, gets approval and students bear d grunts.

Dem care not. Na students dey form great this, great that.

350k. Daaaamn. How much come b sch fees.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Politicstoday: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
Natbrowny:

At all oo..naija schools go just build anytyn, gets approval and students bear d grunts.

Dem care not. Na students dey form great this, great that.

350k. Daaaamn. How much come b sch fees.
school fees is very high too. It’s very unbearable for the poor parents to send their wards to public universities. Very unfortunate

7 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by tuzle(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
I don't blame the school sometimes and here is my reason. My school built a new building and commissioned it last year, just go to the buildings toilet and u will be wandering if it is the same building. Even the classrooms are now looking strange.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Natbrowny: 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2023
Politicstoday:
school fees is very high too. It’s very unbearable for the poor parents to send their wards to public universities. Very unfortunate

Officially
Nigeria has casted..

Leaders don dey share Subsidy.. Same subsidy bastards say go enter education.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Politicstoday: 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2023
Natbrowny:

Officially
Nigeria has casted..

Leaders don dey share Subsidy.. Same subsidy bastards say go enter education.

it’s very unfortunate , they have shared the subsidy money 💰 finish among themselves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Inspirer1: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
tuzle:
I don't blame the school sometimes and here is my reason. My school built a new building and commissioned it last year, just go to the buildings toilet and u will be wandering if it is the same building. Even the classrooms are now looking strange.

My thoughts too, you are right

For God's sake these facilities are used by adults (students), who feel comfortable leaving the place dirty, over time such facilities gets degraded such that a full renovation is needed for it to be suitable for use again
It's not that the school management uses the place with them.

However, I think it is also proper for the management to do necessary renovations at the end of every payment cycle.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Rexymania(m): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
Na by force to sleep for hostel?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Adewale1603(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
All these are mostly caused by mismanagement of these students by themselves. Nigerians don't have the culture of managing things well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Politicstoday: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
Inspirer1:

My thoughts too, you are right

For God's sake these facilities are used by adults (students), who feel comfortable leaving the place dirty, over time such facilities gets degraded such that a full renovation is needed for it to be suitable for use again
It's not that the school management uses the place with them.

However, I think it is also proper for the management to do necessary renovations at the end of every payment cycle.
but they have maintenance department in the school now. The school facilities are in the dilapidated state. Very bad

7 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by obawinner(m): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
False news, the hostel is charged at 40k by the school authority. but due to demand and greed, their fellow student removed the FG subsidy to resale at 200k -350k.
The school management are doing a great job keeping the hostel facilities clean at such ridiculous price inclusive of 24/7 power supply and 7am- 5pm cleaning service but of course it is overpopulated, overused by same students.

When a buyer eventually buys it for 250k, he or she will have another illegal occupants who pays 100k to squat another students effectively overusing the scares hostel facilities.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by Truths9ja: 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2023
obawinner:
False news, the hostel is charged at by the school authority. but due to demand, their fellow student removed the FG subsidy from it to resale at 200k -350k.

When a buyer buys it for 250k he have a squatter who pays 100k to cut cost.

hmm 🤔

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) by jeromestarks: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Shame on Peter obi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition / Masked Doctor Sneaked In, Tried Injecting Don Davis - Mother (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.