Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (57076 Views)

Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / Nigerian Mom In Tears As Her US Soldier Son Pays Her A Surprise Visit (Video) / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by chibuezeroy: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by LordKO(m): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

Thank you, o! May the wisdom God put inside your mind, continue to flourish....

I wish you the same.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by olayinka63: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
I will be paying school fees, electricity bills, hospital, water, house rents etc and still be paying for house chores? Never. Kids with the OP treatment will place price on everything when they mature.

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
olayinka63:
I will be paying school fees, electricity bills, hospital, water, house rents etc and still be paying for house chores? Never. Kids with the OP treatment will place price on everything when they mature.
Ah, I no know say you sef don see am. Any child that wants to be paid for doing household chores, must also be ready to pay his mum for cooking, cleaning, rent and other things they do for him. Nothing spoil. cheesy
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Crysthaniel(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
thumbs up for this woman
am gonna copy her on this when i have my kids.. coz its going to prepare em 4 life..
and they will be disciplined...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
Its not news.

Obodo oyibo peeps do it.

I thinks its a perfect idea as long as the parents monitor how they spend it and what they spend it on.

It also teaches the male kids especially a valuable lesson. You are not too big to do domestic chores as it comes with monetary and sanitary rewards.

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Ebenezerk2: 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
She must be rich
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by blingxx(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
theButterfly:
The issue is not that they don't want to do house chores for free, but that they're asking for money and different things - which is typical of children. Instead of giving them money and buying them these requests, like other American parents do, the mother's making them work for them, which I think is VERY commendable. They'll grow up knowing that you've to work for money, wants and needs [although I'm sure their basic needs are being met]. She's also teaching them about job searches, interviews, taxes and many life skills in the process. So this isn't rubbish but great parenting! smiley

Best comment on nairaland so far undecided.... Your IQ is extraordinary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by freemi(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
czarina:
grin grin
hehe. I swear that line got me

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by blingxx(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2019
LordKO:
A very wrong decision. Altruism remains the thin difference between family and commercial corporate entity, so once it's eliminated in the scheme of things, automatically what will be left is self-centeredness/selfishness/greediness.

grin well..... This is something we don't see everyday.. Laslas na rubbish you type

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by DevilhimseIf: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:

[/s]
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by DevilhimseIf: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:
Nah normal thing for Yankee. I get a nigga wey him momma dey pay am for taking care of dia grandmom every morning. White women been doing this no be today!
[/s]
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
blingxx:

Best comment on nairaland so far undecided.... Your IQ is extraordinary
Thanks.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
well this is new African mum cannot do what this woman is doing because she a woman of generosity this will advise on anybody children to learn with the cash they have at hand and this will prepare them for the real future I don't know why Americans are so into the future and we Africans are backward into the future just so annoying I wish I was in America I would have been very great I would have built Mansions and many other investments if I have this kind of plan that is why I love America but I like Nigeria too

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by GeneralPula: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

Thank you, o! May the wisdom God put inside your mind, continue to flourish....

So he cannot take care of his grandmother out of the goodness of his heart, or because they share blood ties? So the day he is not paid, does that mean he will abandon her? shocked

Well I don’t even know. I’ve never asked any of those questions myself.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by HarryDuce(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

This is wubbish parenting. angry Any parent that does this, is just breeding self-centred kids with an entitlement mentality, who will end up putting a price, on everything.

If the children are entitled to eat good food for free, and also attend schools whose fees are paid by their parents, then they need to learn how to do house chores for free.

It is for their own good, so that they would not be a burden to others, in future. undecided

Anyway, every mistake in America like this one, can soon become a fashion statement, in Nigeria.

Any child that wants to be paid for doing house chores, had better learn how to pay his mum for making good food for him. How much is a plate of akamu and akara again, sef? shocked
Different societies I should think. Of course they would perform house chores regardless (and they did). If they're too big to obey house rules, then they're old enough to fend for themselves.
What people in our society fail to realise is that sanctions involves punishment or reward depending on the situation. Most of us choose to go with punishment because we feel reward breeds entitlement mentality. We may be right.
If they were older, they would've simply applied for jobs elsewhere probably doing exactly what they're doing presently.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by steve6: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nice concept !
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by northvietnam(m): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
Kai the mom set die , See lips for giving head and see huge boobi for pillow
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by DevilhimseIf: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:

Well I don’t even know. I’ve never asked any of those questions myself.
[/s]
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
KevMitnick:
This is modern parenting...reward for hard work will keep the children responsible and motivated...

This is not modern parenting, this is stupid parenting. So you will pay your child to wash his clothes or sweep his room? Do you know what you are doing? You are raising a child that will grow up to be useless to himself and useless to society and greedy and selfish, whose only motivation is personal gain, a child that will later becoms someone that will sell himself for money. That is exactly the kind of mindset you find with prostitutes and thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by bonnyhope: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
She get breasts o...ah!!!
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

As children, they would naturally ask for the moon and back. But as parents you need to deny their frivolous requests, and teach them how to be content with the little they have.

Adopting this tactic of paying them for house chores, is going to breed a set of selfish kids who will end up putting a price tag on everything, and treating every form of assistance, as a commercial transaction.

You will hear things like: "Why should I help old disabled Mrs Morris to mown her lawn for free, when my mom pays me for taking out the trash? Let Mrs Morris also pay me a fee, then I will help her out with the lawn." Na so e dey take start..

United States is not Nigeria, if you can't take care of your children properly in the United States child services will give them to foster homes until you're financially able to take care of them again, that's how it works there they have children in their interests, unlike Nigeria where it's oyo lol so what she did is good because that way they can afford what they want without coming to ask for it all the time, and also here in the US you can't work until you're at least 14 yrs old, any age below that is termed child labor

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Attempt: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
I swear u for don make am
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Burchester: 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
That’s nice
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

This is not modern parenting, this is stupid parenting. So you will pay your child to wash his clothes or sweep his room? Do you know what you are doing? You are raising a child that will grow up to be useless to himself and useless to society and greedy and selfish, whose only motivation is personal gain, a child that will later becoms someone that will sell himself for money. That is exactly the kind of mindset you find with prostitutes and thieves.
you're looking at everything from the Nigerian perspective... If you decide to have children it's a must to take care and provide for them the best way you can which of course includes giving them what they might need from time to time, reverse is not suppose to be the case until they're grown to fend for themselves.. What the mother did is good actually

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Elliot2(m): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

This is wubbish parenting. angry Any parent that does this, is just breeding self-centred kids with an entitlement mentality, who will end up putting a price, on everything.

If the children are entitled to eat good food for free, and also attend schools whose fees are paid by their parents, then they need to learn how to do house chores for free.

It is for their own good, so that they would not be a burden to others, in future. undecided

Anyway, every mistake in America like this one, can soon become a fashion statement, in Nigeria.

Any child that wants to be paid for doing house chores, had better learn how to pay his mum for making good food for him. How much is a plate of akamu and akara again, sef? shocked
Patient: Doctor,please help me! I have a problem —I forget things I hear too quickly. Just withing two seconds I forget what I heard. I am tired and frustrated. At times I could remember just the last word from the sentence people make.
Doctor: I am sorry about your condition. Don't worry,you will be fine. So,tell me. Since when did you start experiencing this thing—this forgetfulness?
Patient: Forgetfulness. Yes. Forgetfulness.
Doctor: OK,right. Forgetfulness. I mean,tell when you started noticing your inability to remember things.
Patient: Things. Yes. things. please doctor help me!
Doctor: Calm down. I want to help you but first tell me what I need to know. Tell me when you noticed it. (After two seconds of distraction).
Patient: What did you say?
Doctor:

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Bellotelli: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Cute milf tongue tongue tongue
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
Zionista:

I sincerely respect your viewpoint but you don't necessarily have to agree with me as our perceptions of life may not be from the same angle or prism.

In Psychology, you can reinforce behavior by rewarding acceptable conducts. You can condition a child to be exactly what you want him /her to be.
Reward does not only mean giving giving cash gifts (paying your children wages for their supposed responsibility).

Actually what that mother is doing may have a short/medium term positive effect on the children, but it is disastrous on the long run.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
The day my kids will utter such to my ears will be the day they will know what life is..... I hate entitlement.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by KevMitnick: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

On the contrary, reward for hard work is what is being taught here. I think your mind has been clouded by the slave culture that is prevalent in Africa, especially Nigeria where employers would blatantly refuse to pay their employees and the latter would just remain there like people who are under a spell. You see, raising your kids like this will boost their self esteem and get them ready to face a cruel world that would most likely try to take advantage of them. I hope you free your mind soon, if not, you'll expose your kids to a cruel world that they are not ready to face.

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
kingy1:

Reward does not only mean giving giving cash gifts (paying your children wages for their supposed responsibility).

Actually what that mother is doing may has a short/medium term positive effect on the children, but it is disastrous on the long run.

I can't remember saying that reward must be in monetary terms. I don't know where you read that.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
psucc:
Much as this is plausible, it is a precedent that will breed a new form if crisis. Understandably, typical of the African setting, the children are groomed to be responsible home managers while having on-the-job training helping the parents in domestic chores.

What when the table turns and she could no longer afford to implement the scheme an bad the children insist she must pay before they could continue?

if I may add this might end up corrupting the kid believing they most be paid for everything in life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Posters Warning A Husband Snatcher In Enugu Flood The Streets / If You Know This And You Are Still Single, What Are You Waiting For? (picture) / UK: Mum Dies Suddenly While Cuddling Her Baby Girl, Leaving Doctors Baffled(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.