Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,995 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (57079 Views)

Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / Nigerian Mom In Tears As Her US Soldier Son Pays Her A Surprise Visit (Video) / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Xano(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
I appreciate this. Awesome. I may have to implement it.

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by KevMitnick: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Debramaye:
you're looking at everything from the Nigerian perspective... If you decide to have children it's a must to take care and provide for them the best way you can which of course includes giving them what they might need from time to time, reverse is not suppose to be the case until they're grown to fend for themselves.. What the mother did is good actually
Seriously, the Nigerian situation has bred a generation of people with very low self esteem who don't think they deserve good in their lives. I call it the slave mentality.

4 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by needful: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
I love that type of parenting very well and will go in line with it. This is the reason why yankee men help in every chores at home and they appreciate u very well when they are not able to do it because they understood how much u could have made if done outside and also how difficult it can be doing them. For all of u saying that u did it for free here in africa, why do u always shift the responsibilities to ur wives.

Mtchewww, wrong mental set of Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Femi316: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Dreeeeeam,dream,,dream,,,dream....?
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by needful: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
KevMitnick:

Seriously, the Nigerian situation has bred a generation of people with very low self esteem who don't think they deserve good in their lives. I call it the slave mentality.

You never see anything and to think that after all those beating for discipline, they will end up becoming prostitute, thieves, armed robbers. Do u know that, with the level of poverty in naija as at today, an average boy or girl wouldn't condescend so low to even wash plates for money, they believed in making millions and manners falling from heaven because that is what the parents thought them. The rich ones, will prefer getting an underage girl as house maids and pay them why their children slay. Nigerian mentality is zero that's why we cant even produce a good leader. I have already adopted that type of parenting and is helping alot in my home. Let them know how to do it and I will give them incentives so that when they grow old , they will appreciate their partners for doing it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
America is highly developed but is almost socially corrupt than Nigeria that is retrogressing. Why? Because of poor parenting that is traded in modernization packages.

This is made possible through laws that has crippled good parenting and over pampered the child, researches that are over-stretched, most times by parents who don't actually study the negative effects of these new findings (which most times appear on the long-run, when the child has grown into adult hood) on the child.

These effects are mostly in forms of, Gangsterism, drugs trading and intake, homicides, disrespect to elders including ones parents, cyber crimes etc which is rampant in the developed world, which the American society represent.

While you will mention Nigeria as also a source of these vices, i will also love to remind you that most of these vices are also the effect of the white modernization that has crept into our society. And also poor leadership, unemployment, poor education, poverty that is highly present in Nigeria but minimal in the developed world i.e. USA.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by afroxyz: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
Rubbish. Children should be groomed to assume roles because it is their responsibility and would help in character development not by bribing them.
This model would have made more sense if they were teenagers

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by King44(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
This is so cool n good it would help the children be hard working and professional and also help imbibe some saving skills in them, but I think it might not work for all household different strokes for different folks
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
I don't buy this form of parenting. My kids should know their duties as children which is do the house chores and as a parent I take care of their basic needs (school, feeding, housing etc) in as much as they ask frivolities I would provide some but not all. Kids can't have all what they want. #Shikenah.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by gbishman: 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Awesome mum

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by havilla(f): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:

This is not modern parenting, this is stupid parenting. So you will pay your child to wash his clothes or sweep his room? Do you know what you are doing? You are raising a child that will grow up to be useless to himself and useless to society and greedy and selfish, whose only motivation is personal gain, a child that will later becoms someone that will sell himself for money. That is exactly the kind of mindset you find with prostitutes and thieves.
exactly what came to me mind, people don’t think deeply

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Have u paid her for giving birth to u; for all the morning sickness, stretch marks, sag breast, in some cases CS.

undecided
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
needful:

You never see anything and to think that after all those beating for discipline, they will end up becoming prostitute, thieves, armed robbers. Do u know that, with the level of poverty in naija as at today, an average boy or girl wouldn't condescend so low to even wash plates for money, they believed in making millions and manners falling from heaven because that is what the parents thought them. The rich ones, will prefer getting an underage girl as house maids and pay them why their children slay. Nigerian mentality is zero that's why we cant even produce a good leader. I have already adopted that type of parenting and is helping alot in my home. Let them know how to do it and I will give them incentives so that when they grow old , they will appreciate their partners for doing it.
And do you know that the features u made mentioned of in Nigeria are still highly present in the developed world even with their high rate of employment, sound education system, high standard of living, stable political environment etc.

Why will the two society have almost thesame level of social vices and yet one is highly developed than the other?

Two simple answers i have got.
1. Poor laws than tend to over favor/pamper/protect the children than sound parenting.

2. Poor parenting. E.G. The OP news.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by EvangelistChuks(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
Promoting irresponsibility and indolency.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by tartar9(m): 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
Very soon the west will define making your kids perform house chores as a form of slavery.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
We need the American type of society to eradicate the high rate of social vices among Nigerians.

While the Americans need the type of nigerian parenting to eradicate the high rate of social vices present in their society irrespective of their great society.

But as this could not be implemented on both side, social vices will always be on the increase on both side.

The hard truth.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by cnonyechi(f): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
Horlubunmmy:
Nice one.
modern parenting.
such can't happen in naija, instead the the rich ones will look for an under age girl as house maid, and be paying her parent peanut.

On d contrary wrong parenting. Doing housechores is not negotiable

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
We need the American type of society to eradicate the high rate of social vices among Nigerians.

While the Americans need the type of nigerian parenting to eradicate the high rate of social vices present in their society irrespective of their great society.

No matter what the Americans do to eradicate social vices from their society, it will only be on the increase until they acknowledge the actual place of good parenting on the child live.

But as this could not be implemented on both side, social vices will always be on the increase on both side.

The hard truth.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by KevMitnick: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
needful:

Couldn't have said it better, well done. Your kids will grow up with a healthy self esteem.

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by needful: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
kingy1:

And do you know that the features u made mentioned of in Nigeria are still highly present in the developed world even with their high rate of employment, sound education system, high standard of living, stable political environment etc.

Why will the two society have almost thesame level of social vices and yet one is highly developed than the other?

Two simple answers i have got.
1. Poor laws than tend to over favor/pamper/protect the children than sound parenting.

2. Poor parenting. E.G. The OP news.

The last time I checked, those that does what u indicated mostly are blacks and who are the blacks, African American. Is that clear to u now?
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by needful: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
kingy1:

No matter what the Americans do to eradicate social vices from their society, it will only be on the increase until they acknowledge the actual place of good parenting on the child live.

The hard truth.

This is the problem we have in america, a Nigerian sees washing plate for money a low class work. Most of them are ashamed of doing it hence the reason for their drug dealings so as to make quick money, yahoo yahoo, hooking up with a white lady so as to make money off her, marrying the old ones so as to inherit her wealth. The list is endless. There is no job in naija , yet alot of jobs there are neglected because people feel too big to do them for money. My brother or sister, forget gist. I dont time have time to argue.

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
BusinessHub1:
If my mum paid me for all I did as a kid, who is Dangote? cry
This wan off me

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by chival(f): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
And what happens when parents can't afford to pay? You endure a dirty and unkempt home? It all sounds nouvelle now but it will just end up fostering an attitude of entitlement in children. No pay, no chores mummy. Soon children will form their own labour union complete with strikes and sit at homes.

I was not paid to do chores and my kids aren't getting paid to do chores now. It is their responsibility to pitch in with the chores since they live in the house rent free grin The old way is still fine by me, thank you.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
needful:

The last time I checked, those that does what u indicated mostly are blacks and who are the blacks, African American. Is that clear to u now?
And who do they learnt it from? the white.

Or

were the blacks the ones who started drug business in America?

Where they the ones who started cyber crime in America?

Where they the ones who started slave trade in America?

Where they the ones who started homicide in America? I guess your answer will be No.

The whites are the ones who introduce the blacks into these various vices. Because the blacks are visitors who are searching for Greener pastures in the white mans land, they easily fall prey to the white mans illegal ways and businesses in a bid to earn a living.

Also the white see the black as energetic, confidence and resilient which makes them pick a special interest in them for their illegal lifestyles and businesses. This can be confirm as to the way blacks were the center picture in the slave trade of those days.

So as the saying goes ''na rat wen dey house cal d ones for outside say food dey here''.

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Franklyspeakin: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
This one burst my brain.
BusinessHub1:
If my mum paid me for all I did as a kid, who is Dangote? cry

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Again, the issue is not that they don't want to do chores.

She's obviously a smart and strategic woman [look at how she organized everything] and I'm sure she wouldn't have come up w| this idea if she didn't have the funds to give them. She's probably going to be giving them small small money at a time too. She's still in charge and the one dictating everything going on.

chival:
And what happens when parents can't afford to pay? You endure a dirty and unkempt home? It all sounds nouvelle now but it will just end up fostering an attitude of entitlement in children. No pay, no chores mummy. Soon children will form their own labour union complete with strikes and sit at homes.

I was not paid to do chores and my kids aren't getting paid to do chores now. It is their responsibility to pitch in with the chores since they live in the house rent free grin The old way is still fine by me, thank you.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by ledaman: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
I feel like sucking her big boobs!
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2019
KevMitnick:

On the contrary, reward for hard work is what is being taught here. I think your mind has been clouded by the slave culture that is prevalent in Africa, especially Nigeria where employers would blatantly refuse to pay their employees and the latter would just remain there like people who are under a spell. You see, raising your kids like this will boost their self esteem and get them ready to face a cruel world that would most likely try to take advantage of them. I hope you free your mind soon, if not, you'll expose your kids to a cruel world that they are not ready to face.

So doing your own chores, or chores in your parents house as a teenager, parents that feed, cloth, provide, shelter, pay school fees, medical fees, and all kinds of other bills, this is hard work in your dictionary? Hard work that the parents have to pay for them to clean up after themselves? Ok, raise you child that way, and let's see whether your child won't be begging for handouts all his or her life. I can only imagine the kinds of conversations you will be having with your children - Why are you sitting there watching TV all day long, watching that useless BBN show, why are you not in school? Daddy, you have to pay me money before I go to school? I'm sure you will love that grin. You see people like you who love to deceive themselves, people like you who raised their children the way you talk about, go and see how they end up, they end up alone, broken, depressed, brokenhearted, sorrowful, infirmed and abandoned in one old people's home somewhere being looked after by the government charity because they raised their children to be useless, self centered and vain. Since they had nothing to offer their children again, the children abandoned them to their fate of old age. Go to old people's homes, maybe you will learn a few things, whether you want to end up there too, or raise your child the proper way, so that when you are old, your child will take care of you genuinely, not because he's waiting for you to die or kill you himself so he can inherit your property.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
psucc:
Much as this is plausible, it is a precedent that will breed a new form if crisis. Understandably, typical of the African setting, the children are groomed to be responsible home managers while having on-the-job training helping the parents in domestic chores.

What when the table turns and she could no longer afford to implement the scheme an bad the children insist she must pay before they could continue?

I think the take home here is not really the money or working to earn,but about building a mentality that will make you value work itself and be contented with the little you earn.
Did you not read the part where she said one of them was asking for tax payment?
Bro, is not really about the money but about being responsible and ethical in all you do.

And this for me shows mothers are the real women behind a successful man(her child).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
theButterfly:
The issue is not that they don't want to do house chores for free, but that they're asking for money and different things - which is typical of children. Instead of giving them money and buying them these requests, like other American parents do, the mother's making them work for them, which I think is VERY commendable. They'll grow up knowing that you've to work for money, wants and needs [although I'm sure their basic needs are being met]. She's also teaching them about job searches, interviews, taxes and many life skills in the process. So this isn't rubbish but great parenting! smiley

You dey mind dem.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
chival:

Many of your are just projecting your thoughts into what this woman is doing.
In fact, many of you misunderstood the essence of what she is trying to instill in her kids.

please, reread the post without prejudice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 21, 2019
KevMitnick:

you hit the nail on the head there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Posters Warning A Husband Snatcher In Enugu Flood The Streets / If You Know This And You Are Still Single, What Are You Waiting For? (picture) / UK: Mum Dies Suddenly While Cuddling Her Baby Girl, Leaving Doctors Baffled(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.