Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (57077 Views)

Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / Nigerian Mom In Tears As Her US Soldier Son Pays Her A Surprise Visit (Video) / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by KevMitnick: 12:35am On Aug 21, 2019
MobilityExpress:

So doing your own chores, or chores in your parents house as a teenager, parents that feed, cloth, provide, shelter, pay school fees, medical fees, and all kinds of other bills, this is hard work in your dictionary? Hard work that the parents have to pay for them to clean up after themselves? Ok, raise you child that way, and let's see whether your child won't be begging for handouts all his or her life. I can only imagine the kinds of conversations you will be having with your children - Why are you sitting there watching TV all day long, watching that useless BBN show, why are you not in school? Daddy, you have to pay me money before I go to school? I'm sure you will love that grin. You see people like you who love to deceive themselves, people like you who raised their children the way you talk about, go and see how they end up, they end up alone, broken, depressed, brokenhearted, sorrowful, infirmed and abandoned in one old people's home somewhere being looked after by the government charity because they raised their children to be useless, self centered and vain. Since they had nothing to offer their children again, the children abandoned them to their fate of old age. Go to old people's homes, maybe you will learn a few things, whether you want to end up there too, or raise your child the proper way, so that when you are old, your child will take care of you genuinely, not because he's waiting for you to die or kill you himself so he can inherit your property.
You are missing the point here. With your write up, I see that you still don't understand what the woman is doing. All the things you have mentioned still happen to parents who did otherwise to raise their children. These are some of the points you're missing, let me break them down; The woman has successfully taught her kids accountability and responsibility in earning a living, introducing tax literacy to them at an early age, opening their minds up to a real job interview scenarios preparing them for the real world out there...remember that she can still pay them monthly allowance even without attaching responsibilities to it. But you see, it's a win-win situation for her and the kids. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 2:07am On Aug 21, 2019
Debramaye:
United States is not Nigeria, if you can't take care of your children properly in the United States child services will give them to foster homes until you're financially able to take care of them again, that's how it works there they have children in their interests, unlike Nigeria where it's oyo lol so what she did is good because that way they can afford what they want without coming to ask for it all the time, and also here in the US you can't work until you're at least 14 yrs old, any age below that is termed child labor
Madam, if you teach your children to be content with the little they have and to refrain from developing a greedy nature, then they will not be coming to you to ask for things, all the time....

Contentment is a great virtue.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 2:27am On Aug 21, 2019
Debramaye:
United States is not Nigeria, if you can't take care of your children properly in the United States child services will give them to foster homes until you're financially able to take care of them again, that's how it works there they have children in their interests, unlike Nigeria where it's oyo lol so what she did is good because that way they can afford what they want without coming to ask for it all the time, and also here in the US you can't work until you're at least 14 yrs old, any age below that is termed child labor
United States is not Nigeria, agreed. undecided But giving my children cash to wash their clothes, or do household chores, is a wrong way to train them to get things done.

Children learn by watching real life examples, of how things are done. If you model the right behaviour for them to follow from a very early age, they would do it, without seeking for a cash incentive.

Not paying kids to do household chores, does NOT mean that their parents are not taking proper care of them. So your analogy is really not valid, here....

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by psucc(m): 7:02am On Aug 21, 2019
Khaleell001:

I think the take home here is not really the money or working to earn,but about building a mentality that will make you value work itself and be contented with the little you earn.
Did you not read the part where she said one of them was asking for tax payment?
Bro, is not really about the money but about being responsible and ethical in all you do.

And this for me shows mothers are the real women behind a successful man(her child).
There is a better way to inculcate in the children values and home management.

Sir irrespective of how you view it, it is a bad omen to expose the children to such knowledge at this age. They will grow with that mentality about chores.

If you have raise a child, you will understand some points here.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by LordKO(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2019
blingxx:

grin well..... This is something we don't see everyday.. Laslas na rubbish you type

I couldn't have expected anything better from a boy whose parents are insane.

Wretched and mentally parochial elements, like you, are always easy to spot by any discerning person.

Bumpkin, direct your further mentions to your lunatic parents because I don't put up with small-minded people.

4 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by blingxx(m): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2019
LordKO:

I couldn't have expected anything better from a boy whose parents are insane.

Wretched and mentally parochial elements, like you, are always easy to spot by any discerning person.

Bumpkin, direct your further mentions to your lunatic parents because I don't put up with small-minded people.

Tell me what's your present mental condition grin.. Well it's too early to argue with uncultured swines, shoyinka referred people like you as "reprobates", you must isolate yourself from socializing undecided

"Small minded people" coming from a dude who takes things overboard, meanwhile no reason to involve from parents that just shows how immature you are, make better use of your IQ next time. this is nairaland, you don't know anyone or your age mate undecided.. If you think that was an insult just ignore, I hate rubbish bro
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2019
chival:
And what happens when parents can't afford to pay? You endure a dirty and unkempt home? It all sounds nouvelle now but it will just end up fostering an attitude of entitlement in children. No pay, no chores mummy. Soon children will form their own labour union complete with strikes and sit at homes.

I was not paid to do chores and my kids aren't getting paid to do chores now. It is their responsibility to pitch in with the chores since they live in the house rent free grin The old way is still fine by me, thank you.
Thank you, o! This your post make sense, die! cool
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Horlubunmmy: 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

This is wubbish parenting. angry Any parent that does this, is just breeding self-centred kids with an entitlement mentality, who will end up putting a price, on everything.

If the children are entitled to eat good food for free, and also attend schools whose fees are paid by their parents, then they need to learn how to do house chores for free.

It is for their own good, so that they would not be a burden to others, in future. undecided

Anyway, every mistake in America like this one, can soon become a fashion statement, in Nigeria.

Any child that wants to be paid for doing house chores, had better learn how to pay his mum for making good food for him. How much is a plate of akamu and akara again, sef? shocked
I concur.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2019
LordKO:

I wish you the same.
Still waiting for you to tell me my ethical leanings and your passive divination. tongue

And please don't say you will tell me at the right time or place.cry because it's like those two conditions aren't real. grin grin
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by LordKO(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ariza:
Still waiting for you to tell me my ethical leanings and your passive divination. tongue

And please don't say you will tell me at the right time or place.cry because it's like those two conditions aren't real. grin grin

Na for one newspaper house I been wan go now to tell dem help me broadcast say my person de miss, but now I hapi say you dey safe. I go do de needful ASAP, no worry you hear.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
LordKO:

Na for one newspaper house I been wan go now to tell dem help me broadcast say my person de miss, but now I hapi say you dey safe. I go do de needful ASAP, no worry you hear.

Laughing so hard here! Thank God you never go yet.grin I dey very okay, hope you are good too. I dey waaaaiiiitttt o.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 8:21am On Apr 10, 2020
It is common in American household for parents to pay their kids money for household tasks but I dont support it
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Alennsar(f): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
MagazineYugo:
An Atlanta based mum named ‘Shaketha Marion McGregor’ had begun recruiting her children to work in various house departments to enable them to earn income and build their credit score.

According to McGregor, her children had been requesting for money, new phones and allowances from her, so she decided to set up a home hiring office to hire her 3 kids so they can ‘earn’ their income rather than always requesting for money like it falls from heaven.

So, Instead of always giving them allowances and money whenever they need it, the Mum has introduced job titles and duties for each of them which means everyone gets paid for their work at home in their various departments and then they can purchase whatever they want with it, save and also pay taxes, lol!

McGregor posted a selfie which shows she’s now hiring for the roles of “kitchen manager, lead housekeeper and laundry supervisor” in her company which she named “This Mom Means Business.”.

These are the responsibilities attached to each job Role;

1- Kitchen Manager: Will make sure the kitchen stays clean at all times during business hours. Also responsible for making sure everyone washes their own dishes!

2- Lead Housekeeper: Responsible for the upkeep of the living room, hallway, and bathroom. Also is responsible for making sure everyone cleans up behind themselves.

3- Laundry Supervisor: Responsible for making sure roommates keep their clothes and shoes clean and neatly put away. Also will keep clean towels and wash clothes in the bathroom
The Photo also showed that interviews will be held for the various positions available in her “This Mom Means Business” Company. She didn’t forget to inform the applicants that the company’s’ pay is “High”.

The applicants are her 3 Kids named Jahkeem (13), Takeia (10), and Serinity (6).

McGregor also revealed that she’d had the interview with the applicants and so far, her youngest kid has proven to be the most professional among the others as he even asked if he will be paying tax after getting his payments for house chores.

She was quoted as saying; "Jahkeem pretty much laughed the entire time, which caused me to laugh a lot also. It was tons of fun. It was like never-ending bloopers," she continued; "His only questions were, 'How much do I get paid? How often do I get paid? And do I have to pay taxes?' It was hilarious."

The Mum also revealed that her kids are handling their new job roles very well and are performing really good, and they are also acting professionally since they got employed at home. It’s just been a week since they began working for the company and are all expecting their first paycheck.

So far, the post has gotten 203,000+ Likes, 33,000+ Comments and more than 125,000 Post shares on Facebook, and a lot of mums have begun implementing her style at their various homes.

When asked when she came up with the idea, she was quoted as saying; "We lost a lot of things last year in a house fire and so I've been really working hard to recover the things that we need," She continued; "And my children continued to ask for things that they want so I figured it'll be best to have them earn it."

She continued; “The kids were doing chores around the house even before they got hired, but they would bump heads about who can do what. Now that they have specified job descriptions, that won't be a problem anymore.”

"They used to get an allowance but I had to stop with that for a little due to financial hardships," "I was hired as a correctional officer this past week and would be able to start paying them again as soon as next week."

According to McGregor, she wishes mums can implement what she just introduced so that house chores won’t be boring to children any longer.

Don't you think this should be introduced in our Nigerian Homes? wink grin

Read More Here- http://www.entgist.xyz/american-mum-just-started-paying-her-kids-salary-for-house-chores/

What a good mother. I'm very sure those children will be financially independent when they grow and they will also be a good manager of their resources

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by bendazum: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2020
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Really? Biscuits, sweets and ice creams nko?

Unless she wasn't paying it to you directly.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by RuggedSniper: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2020
MagazineYugo:
An Atlanta based mum named ‘Shaketha Marion McGregor’ had begun recruiting her children to work in various house departments to enable them to earn income and build their credit score.

According to McGregor, her children had been requesting for money, new phones and allowances from her, so she decided to set up a home hiring office to hire her 3 kids so they can ‘earn’ their income rather than always requesting for money like it falls from heaven.

So, Instead of always giving them allowances and money whenever they need it, the Mum has introduced job titles and duties for each of them which means everyone gets paid for their work at home in their various departments and then they can purchase whatever they want with it, save and also pay taxes, lol!

McGregor posted a selfie which shows she’s now hiring for the roles of “kitchen manager, lead housekeeper and laundry supervisor” in her company which she named “This Mom Means Business.”.

These are the responsibilities attached to each job Role;

1- Kitchen Manager: Will make sure the kitchen stays clean at all times during business hours. Also responsible for making sure everyone washes their own dishes!

2- Lead Housekeeper: Responsible for the upkeep of the living room, hallway, and bathroom. Also is responsible for making sure everyone cleans up behind themselves.

3- Laundry Supervisor: Responsible for making sure roommates keep their clothes and shoes clean and neatly put away. Also will keep clean towels and wash clothes in the bathroom
The Photo also showed that interviews will be held for the various positions available in her “This Mom Means Business” Company. She didn’t forget to inform the applicants that the company’s’ pay is “High”.

The applicants are her 3 Kids named Jahkeem (13), Takeia (10), and Serinity (6).

McGregor also revealed that she’d had the interview with the applicants and so far, her youngest kid has proven to be the most professional among the others as he even asked if he will be paying tax after getting his payments for house chores.

She was quoted as saying; "Jahkeem pretty much laughed the entire time, which caused me to laugh a lot also. It was tons of fun. It was like never-ending bloopers," she continued; "His only questions were, 'How much do I get paid? How often do I get paid? And do I have to pay taxes?' It was hilarious."

The Mum also revealed that her kids are handling their new job roles very well and are performing really good, and they are also acting professionally since they got employed at home. It’s just been a week since they began working for the company and are all expecting their first paycheck.

So far, the post has gotten 203,000+ Likes, 33,000+ Comments and more than 125,000 Post shares on Facebook, and a lot of mums have begun implementing her style at their various homes.

When asked when she came up with the idea, she was quoted as saying; "We lost a lot of things last year in a house fire and so I've been really working hard to recover the things that we need," She continued; "And my children continued to ask for things that they want so I figured it'll be best to have them earn it."

She continued; “The kids were doing chores around the house even before they got hired, but they would bump heads about who can do what. Now that they have specified job descriptions, that won't be a problem anymore.”

"They used to get an allowance but I had to stop with that for a little due to financial hardships," "I was hired as a correctional officer this past week and would be able to start paying them again as soon as next week."

According to McGregor, she wishes mums can implement what she just introduced so that house chores won’t be boring to children any longer.

Don't you think this should be introduced in our Nigerian Homes? wink grin

Read More Here- http://www.entgist.xyz/american-mum-just-started-paying-her-kids-salary-for-house-chores/
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by RuggedSniper: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2020
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy grin
^^^grin... OMG! Mums!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Posters Warning A Husband Snatcher In Enugu Flood The Streets / If You Know This And You Are Still Single, What Are You Waiting For? (picture) / UK: Mum Dies Suddenly While Cuddling Her Baby Girl, Leaving Doctors Baffled(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.