Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,747 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul (2552 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath / Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 12:10am On Jan 19, 2021
enilove:

Thank God you can identify that .

But why did the god of Islam claimed he is our god ?

To Allah Jesus is not God but a messenger whom he sent...

Christians see Jesus as God
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 12:39am On Jan 19, 2021
haekymbahd:
To Allah Jesus is not God but a messenger whom he sent...

Christians see Jesus as God

That was what I thought as well and that was the thought of Muhammad .
Ordinarily , it is absurd to call a human being God .
But what did the quran say about the birth of Jesus ?

Can a woman give birth without a father ?

Who then is the father of Jesus ? Man or God ?
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 1:07am On Jan 19, 2021
enilove:

That was what I thought as well and that was the thought of Muhammad .
Ordinarily , it is absurd to call a human being God .
But what did the quran say about the birth of Jesus ?

Can a woman give birth without a father ?

Who then is the father of Jesus ? Man or God ?
This is how Allah views Jesus
Allah SWT said:

"It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, Be, and it is."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 35)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

Allah regard him as son of Mary

Allah SWT said:

"And when they angered Us, We took retribution from them and drowned them all."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 55)

"And We made them a precedent and an example for the later peoples."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 56)

"And when the son of Mary was presented as an example, immediately your people laughed aloud."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 57)

"Jesus was not but a servant upon whom We bestowed favor, and We made him an example for the Children of Israel."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 59)

"And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 61)

"And never let Satan avert you. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 62)

"But the denominations from among them differed [and separated], so woe to those who have wronged from the punishment of a painful Day."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 65)

Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 1:39am On Jan 19, 2021
haekymbahd:
This is how Allah views Jesus
Allah SWT said:

"It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, Be, and it is."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 35)

Allah regard him as son of Mary

Allah SWT said:

"And when they angered Us, We took retribution from them and drowned them all."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 55)

"And We made them a precedent and an example for the later peoples."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 56)

"And when the son of Mary was presented as an example, immediately your people laughed aloud."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 57)

"Jesus was not but a servant upon whom We bestowed favor, and We made him an example for the Children of Israel."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 59)

"And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 61)

"And never let Satan avert you. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 62)

"But the denominations from among them differed [and separated], so woe to those who have wronged from the punishment of a painful Day."
(QS. Az-Zukhruf 43: Verse 65)

Who then was the father of Jesus ?
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 1:55am On Jan 19, 2021
enilove:

Who then was the father of Jesus ?
He didn't have same as Adam but he had mother Mary. He also had a God..

Jesus was called son of Adam, son of David, son of Abraham, son of Joseph, son of Man also son of God. Yet all are not his father...

Even though we as Muslims don't really trust the Bible like the Christians yet there instance that showed Jesus was not God...

Mark 12
28 Then one of the scribes came up and listened to them disputing with one another, and, noticing that Jesus answered them fitly and admirably, he asked Him, Which commandment is first and most important of all [[h]in its nature]?

29 Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;

30 And you shall love the Lord your God [i]out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul (your [j]life) and out of and with all your mind (with [k]your faculty of thought and your moral understanding) and out of and with all your strength. [l]This is the first and principal commandment.(E

I believe Allah is not saying christians should not follow Jesus but how did they arrive at Jesus being God while there is only one God...

As one reads the Gospel book of the bible one see that Jesus status kept increasing. John viewed Jesus higher in status than mark, Mathew and Luke.

He was the only one who said "in the beginning was the word and the word was God... "

I believe if Christians truly want to believe bible they should learn the language with which it was written they should read the old testament and new testament in the language it was written and not translated one....

The thing is did Jesus viewed himself as God while on earth?

The Jehovah witnesses follow Jesus yet do not see Jesus as God. The trintarians follows Jesus and see him as God how did that even happen..
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2021
haekymbahd:
He didn't have same as Adam but he had mother Mary. He also had a God..

Jesus was called son of Adam, son of David, son of Abraham, son of Joseph, son of Man also son of God. Yet all are not his father...

Even though we as Muslims don't really trust the Bible like the Christians yet there instance that showed Jesus was not God...

Mark 12
28 Then one of the scribes came up and listened to them disputing with one another, and, noticing that Jesus answered them fitly and admirably, he asked Him, Which commandment is first and most important of all [[h]in its nature]?

29 Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;

30 And you shall love the Lord your God [i]out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul (your [j]life) and out of and with all your mind (with [k]your faculty of thought and your moral understanding) and out of and with all your strength. [l]This is the first and principal commandment.(E

I believe Allah is not saying christians should not follow Jesus but how did they arrive at Jesus being God while there is only one God...

As one reads the Gospel book of the bible one see that Jesus status kept increasing. John viewed Jesus higher in status than mark, Mathew and Luke.

He was the only one who said "in the beginning was the word and the word was God... "

I believe if Christians truly want to believe bible they should learn the language with which it was written they should read the old testament and new testament in the language it was written and not translated one....

The thing is did Jesus viewed himself as God while on earth?

The Jehovah witnesses follow Jesus yet do not see Jesus as God. The trintarians follows Jesus and see him as God how did that even happen..

Jesus was never called the son of Adam and Abraham.
Adam was created from the dust as the first man . No one expected him to have a father .
Was Jesus created like Adam ? Everyone born of a woman must have a father .

MY QUESTION WAS , IS THERE ANYONE BORN OF A WOMAN WITHOUT A FATHER ?

Joseph was an adoptive father from the lineage of David . Jesus is called son of David by lineage since Joseph the adoptive father had David as his ancestor .

Someone born of the Spirit belongs to the Spirit.
Jesus had to be born this way for a REASON which is not clear to Muhammad and Allah .

What was the reason Allah made Isa to come without a father ? Did he not know it will create misunderstanding ?

Who can create a living thing from non living thing if not God ? Why did Allah give Jesus such power ?
How many President do we have in Nigeria at any particular term of office ?

One president ?
Three president ?
The two answers are right . Would people say 'they have 3 Presidents in Nigeria ? No and yes .

We have One God because He is the Creator of everything . He has the power to make anyone to be like Him . God created Jesus and gave him power to be like Him .
A lion with give birth to a lion .
We have one God because you can't worship or serve them in isolation .

Even in the old testaments , we have proofs that God has a Son .

This was the reason Jesus was crucified . Jesus Christ recognised himself as a God even before he died .

John 10:33-38 KJV
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? [37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. [38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

I will give you more evidences and proofs , but first go through this post and let me have your opinion .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
enilove:

Jesus was never called the son of Adam and Abraham.
Adam was created from the dust as the first man . No one expected him to have a father .
Was Jesus created like Adam ? Everyone born of a woman must have a father .

MY QUESTION WAS , IS THERE ANYONE BORN OF A WOMAN WITHOUT A FATHER ?
No, Do you know Jesus Father is your Father and his God is your God. You both own the Father not only him Christians make it seem as though the father is only for Jesus
John 20
17 Jesus said to her, Do not cling to Me [do not hold Me], for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My brethren and tell them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.

enilove:

Joseph was an adoptive father from the lineage of David . Jesus is called son of David by lineage since Joseph the adoptive father had David as his ancestor .

Someone born of the Spirit belongs to the Spirit.
Jesus had to be born this way for a REASON which is not clear to Muhammad and Allah
Know that Body is different from spirit. How do spirit enters human body is not God who breathe in his spirit into everyone.. Is it God who give spirit or man?

Isaiah 42

5 Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6 I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

7 To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.(D)

8 I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.

enilove:

What was the reason Allah made Isa to come without a father ? Did he not know it will create misunderstanding ?
Why did the Father make Jesus the Almighty God while he had said to the Jew that
Isaiah 43
10 You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know Me, believe Me and remain steadfast to Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.

Why should people call Jesus God when God already said

Numbers 23
19 God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the son of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good?

Hebrew 5:7
7 In the days of His flesh [Jesus] offered up definite, special petitions [for that which He not only wanted [b]but needed] and supplications with strong crying and tears to Him Who was [always] able to save Him [out] from death, and He was heard because of His reverence toward God

enilove:

Who can create a living thing from non living thing if not God ? Why did Allah give Jesus such power ?
John 5
30I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord--but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgment is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.

Allah SWT said:

"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 49)

enilove:

How many President do we have in Nigeria at any particular term of office ?

One president ?
Three president ?
The two answers are right . Would people say 'they have 3 Presidents in Nigeria ? No and yes .

We have One God because He is the Creator of everything . He has the power to make anyone to be like Him . God created Jesus and gave him power to be like Him .
A lion with give birth to a lion .
We have one God because you can't worship or serve them in isolation .

Even in the old testaments , we have proofs that God has a Son .
The jews also have there own interpretation for those proofs too.

enilove:

This was the reason Jesus was crucified . Jesus Christ recognised himself as a God even before he died .
Every prophet had problems not only Jesus even Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

"And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 112)

enilove:

John 10:33-38 KJV
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? [37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. [38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

I will give you more evidences and proofs , but first go through this post and let me have your opinion .

I believe it will be better if Christians read the old testament and new testament in the language it was written they cannot be taken serious some things will be clearer

John 10
34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

How many gods people are the "Ye" referred to here are they more than 3

Psalms 82
6 I said, You are gods [since you judge on My behalf, as My representatives]; indeed, all of you are children of the Most High.

Are God more than trinity

Who was talking there was it Jesus or God the father it is clear that the author of Gospel of John quoted I said, Yeah are Gods from psalm not that Jesus was the one who said it...

You know Christian call Jesus God and not god... Do you believe you are a God
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
haekymbahd:
No, Do you know Jesus Father is your Father and his God is your God. You both own the Father not only him Christians make it seem as though the father is only for Jesus
John 20
17 Jesus said to her, Do not cling to Me [do not hold Me], for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My brethren and tell them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.

Know that Body is different from spirit. How do spirit enters human body is not God who breathe in his spirit into everyone.. Is it God who give spirit or man?

Isaiah 42

5 Thus says God the Lord--He Who created the heavens and stretched them forth, He Who spread abroad the earth and that which comes out of it, He Who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

6 I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],

7 To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison.(D)

8 I am the Lord; that is My name! And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images.

Why did the Father make Jesus the Almighty God while he had said to the Jew that
Isaiah 43
10 You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know Me, believe Me and remain steadfast to Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.

Why should people call Jesus God when God already said

Numbers 23
19 God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the son of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good?

Hebrew 5:7
7 In the days of His flesh [Jesus] offered up definite, special petitions [for that which He not only wanted [b]but needed] and supplications with strong crying and tears to Him Who was [always] able to save Him [out] from death, and He was heard because of His reverence toward God

John 5
30I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord--but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgment is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.

Allah SWT said:

"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 49)

The jews also have there own interpretation for those proofs too.

Every prophet had problems not only Jesus even Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

"And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 112)

I believe it will be better if Christians read the old testament and new testament in the language it was written they cannot be taken serious some things will be clearer

John 10
34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

How many gods people are the "Ye" referred to here are they more than 3

Psalms 82
6 I said, You are gods [since you judge on My behalf, as My representatives]; indeed, all of you are children of the Most High.

Are God more than trinity

Who was talking there was it Jesus or God the father it is clear that the author of Gospel of John quoted I said, Yeah are Gods from psalm not that Jesus was the one who said it...

You know Christian call Jesus God and not god... Do you believe you are a God

You don't understand the Bible yet .

We children of God are gods . That is what the psalm is saying :

Psalm 82:6 KJV
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Jesus was reminding the Jews about the above scripture . He was just telling them that the scripture call you gods how much more the one who God sanctified and sent to the world :

John 10:33-36 KJV
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

That scriptures above was quoted to answer your question about whether Jesus recognized himself as God .

We are created in the image of God . That is why we are gods . That does not make us equal to God in anyway .

Do you get that now ?

I will be replying your posts one after the other for clarity .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
enilove:

You don't understand the Bible yet .

We children of God are gods . That is what the psalm is saying :

Psalm 82:6 KJV
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Jesus was reminding the Jews about the above scripture . He was just telling them that the scripture call you gods how much more the one who God sanctified and sent to the world :

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

That scriptures above was quoted to answer your question about whether Jesus recognized himself as God .

We are created in the image of God . That is why we are gods . That does not make us equal to God in anyway .

Do you get that now ?

I will be replying your posts one after the other for clarity .
What did Jesus meant here is it compulsory to believe him or just have faith in what he did since he is doing good deeds
John 10
37 If I am not doing the works [performing the deeds] of My Father, then do not believe Me [do not adhere to Me and trust Me and rely on Me].

38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe Me or have faith in Me, [at least] believe the works and have faith in what I do, in order that you may know and understand [clearly] that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father [One with Him

I guess Jesus is saying

John 10
24 So the Jews surrounded Him and began asking Him, How long are You going to keep us in doubt and suspense? If You are really the Christ (the Messiah), tell us so plainly and openly.

The jew disbelieved in him because he called himself messiah and they felt he was not the messiah they were expecting that he was blaspheming not that he was God....

If I were a Jew and Jesus called himself God I won't believe either. How can God do that after he said
Isaiah 43
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
haekymbahd:
What did Jesus meant here is it compulsory to believe him or just have faith in what he did since he is doing good deeds
John 10
37 If I am not doing the works [performing the deeds] of My Father, then do not believe Me [do not adhere to Me and trust Me and rely on Me].

38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe Me or have faith in Me, [at least] believe the works and have faith in what I do, in order that you may know and understand [clearly] that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father [One with Him

I guess Jesus is saying

John 10
24 So the Jews surrounded Him and began asking Him, How long are You going to keep us in doubt and suspense? If You are really the Christ (the Messiah), tell us so plainly and openly.

The jew disbelieved in him because he called himself messiah and they felt he was not the messiah they were expecting that he was blaspheming not that he was God....

If I were a Jew and Jesus called himself God I won't believe either. How can God do that after he said
Isaiah 43

The purpose for which they wanted to stone Jesus was because he said '' I am the Son of God ''.
and also for saying , '' I and my Father are one ''.

But Jesus did not dispute this . He told them that we ordinary humans are called gods by God , how much more him .

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I AM THE SON OF GOD ?
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
haekymbahd:
John 10

I guess Jesus is saying

John 10

Isaiah 43

As per Isiah 43 :10 above , this is not saying there are no other gods or God .
God himself said there are other gods by saying to the Israelites , ''bow down not to other gods ''
God also made Moses a god to Pharaoh .
God also called we human beings gods .
But what God was saying in the Scripture above is that those other gods are POWERLESS can't be compared with Him because those are idols or ordinary human beings

The same Isiah said 44 : 6 -10 reads :

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it ? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
[9] They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.
[10] Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?

Jesus is doing the things of God and not his . He said he and his Father are ONE.
Jesus called God his God and his Father .

After he ascended to heaven , he said EXACTLY WHAT IS WRITTEN IN ISAIAH 44 : 6

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Despite this statement of Jesus after his death , he did not make himself equal to God . He still called God his God in Revelation 3.

God created this world by HIS WORD OR COMMAND . This does not mean that all those things just sprang up by themselves . It means someone was carrying out those command . For this reason , Jesus was called the WORD OF GOD.

GOD SAID , LET US CREATE MAN .... God was talking to His only Son .
Jesus said he is not equal to his Father .

It is still one God Jesus is serving and it is the same God we are serving .

If we ordinary men are gods , how about the one who created you and I through the command of God . Is he not God to us .

God is a title . Jesus is more than qualified to bear that title.
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2021
More Revelation from the old testaments :

Proverbs 8:22-36 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. [
23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
[25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
[26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
[27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
[28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
[29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
[31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
[32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
[33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
[34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
[35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.
[36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Take you time to read them meditate on them.
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
More revelation :

Daniel 3:22-25 KJV
Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.
[23] And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
[24] Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. [25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
Jesus is more than man .

John 8:56-59 KJV
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
[57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
[59] Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

ACCOUNT OF WHEN ABRAHAM SAW JESUS :
Genesis 18:1-3 KJV
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
[2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
[3] And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

HE SAW THREE MEN BUT CALLED ONLY ONE ''MY LORD'' .

I will be back in the evening to answer your query or questions .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 7:00am On Jan 20, 2021
enilove:
Jesus is more than man .

John 8:56-59 KJV
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
[57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
[59] Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

ACCOUNT OF WHEN ABRAHAM SAW JESUS :
Genesis 18:1-3 KJV
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
[2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
[3] And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

HE SAW THREE MEN BUT CALLED ONLY ONE ''MY LORD'' .

I will be back in the evening to answer your query or questions .

Mathew 4
8 Again, the devil took Him up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory (the splendor, magnificence, preeminence, and excellence) of them.
9 And he said to Him, These things, all taken together, I will give You, if You will prostrate Yourself before me and do homage and worship me.

10 Then Jesus said to him, Begone, Satan! For it has been written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him alone shall you serve

Jesus being one with God does not mean he is God. According to the Bible the angels are also son of God but it does not mean God gave birth to them it is just a title.

Satan would never have told God the father to worship him...

Job 2:1
1 AGAIN THERE was a day when the sons of God [the angels] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan (the adversary and the accuser) came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

When it comes to worship only God the father has the right to be worshipped and not Jesus or Satan...

You said Abraham saw the Lord, he saw angels

John
18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only [e]unique Son, or [f]the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2021
haekymbahd:
Mathew 4
8 Again, the devil took Him up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory (the splendor, magnificence, preeminence, and excellence) of them.
9 And he said to Him, These things, all taken together, I will give You, if You will prostrate Yourself before me and do homage and worship me.

10 Then Jesus said to him, Begone, Satan! For it has been written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him alone shall you serve

Jesus being one with God does not mean he is God. According to the Bible the angels are also son of God but it does not mean God gave birth to them it is just a title.

Satan would never have told God the father to worship him...

Job 2:1
1 AGAIN THERE was a day when the sons of God [the angels] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan (the adversary and the accuser) came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

When it comes to worship only God the father has the right to be worshipped and not Jesus or Satan...

John
18 No man has ever seen God at any time; the only [e]unique Son, or [f]the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].

Why was Satan cast down from heaven ? He was cast down because he wanted to be like God.

Why do you think there are different gods in this world ?

You realised the God of the Christians are different from the God of you Muslims . Does that not make one of them the devil ?

What is the reason for this religion , if not to bow down and worship the devil .

The worship honour and glory that Angels and humans give to God is what Satan wanted before he was cast down into the earth :

Isaiah 14:12-15 KJV
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! [13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: [14] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. [15] Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

He wanted to be like the most High.

Jesus is worshipping God the Father and God the Father is the one that has promoted Jesus Christ His Son to that level where you and I plus the host of heaven must bow down to and worship .

Philippians 2:7-11 KJV
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2021
haekymbahd:
Mathew 4

John

Jesus said no MAN has ever seen God the Father except him .
The Bible makes it clear that no man can see the Father and live but the Bible still said that some men saw God and lived . Why ?

Exodus 24:9-12 KJV
Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: [10] And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. [11] And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. [12] And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

This is an old testament confirming the new testament.

Abraham saw Angels and the Lord Jesus Christ.
He bowed down and called him Lord.

THE GLORY OF THE FATHER IS BEYOND HUMAN BEING . IT IS THE SON THAT DOES MOST OF THE EARTHLY WORKS FOR THE FATHER .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by shadeyinka(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
Decent09:

What you don't know is that the Qur'an had come to fulfill the prophesy of Jesus (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him).

Read John 16:12-14; "I (Jesus) still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come. He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify me, for He will take of what is mine and declare it to you".
This is about known HISTORY of Israel not some strange NEW knowledge. The Qur'an, I'm sorry goofed on this story. The average Muslim doesn't know because he wouldn't read the Taurat!
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
@ haekymbahd , are you ready to give your life to Jesus Christ and experience the love of God? undecided

The Bible says :

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3:17-18 KJV
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Don't harden your heart to the truth . Come back to God and be saved from eternal damnation that awaits unbelievers .
Let me know so I can pray with you and for you.

Peace be unto , in Jesus name .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
enilove:
@ haekymbahd , are you ready to give your life to Jesus Christ and experience the love of God? undecided

The Bible says :

Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3:17-18 KJV
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Don't harden your heart to the truth . Come back to God and be saved from eternal damnation that awaits unbelievers .
Let me know so I can pray with you and for you.

Peace be unto , in Jesus name .
Lol... Even though I am not an Islamic scholar Well I am sorry I have passed this stage I understand why you are saying this I have been there too now I believe that if Allah is not God Jesus ain't either...

I have tried to be open minded in the past and I have experienced both sides I must say I respect the Christians though I can't join any more...

I have put both spirit to test already and I have gone for the superior one to me. I know there is a God called Christ and I also know there is a God called Allah and they are not the same...

I have chosen Allah has my God he has convinced me enough..
Thanks

Allah SWT said:

"Say, What thing is greatest in testimony? Say, Allah is witness between me and you. And this Qur'an was revealed to me that I may warn you thereby and whomever it reaches. Do you [truly] testify that with Allah there are other deities? Say, I will not testify [with you]. Say, Indeed, He is but one God, and indeed, I am free of what you associate [with Him]."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 19)

"Those to whom We have given the Scripture recognize it as they recognize their [own] sons. Those who will lose themselves [in the Hereafter] do not believe."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 20)

Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
haekymbahd:
Lol... Even though I am not an Islamic scholar Well I am sorry I have passed this stage I understand why you are saying this I have been there too now I am certain that if Allah is not God Jesus ain't either...

I have tried to be open minded in the past and I have experienced both sides I must say I respect the Christians though I can't join any more...

I have put both spirit to test already and I have gone for the superior one to me. I know there is a God called Christ and I also know there is a God called Allah and they are not the same...

I have chosen Allah has my God he has convinced me enough..
Thanks

Allah SWT said:

"Say, What thing is greatest in testimony? Say, Allah is witness between me and you. And this Qur'an was revealed to me that I may warn you thereby and whomever it reaches. Do you [truly] testify that with Allah there are other deities? Say, I will not testify [with you]. Say, Indeed, He is but one God, and indeed, I am free of what you associate [with Him]."

"Those to whom We have given the Scripture recognize it as they recognize their [own] sons. Those who will lose themselves [in the Hereafter] do not believe."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 20)

Can you just brief me how you put the two to be test .
Can you give me a clue , may be I should try them also.
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by MightySparrow: 6:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Quran itself is ambiguous
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 7:17am On Jan 21, 2021
MightySparrow:
Quran itself is ambiguous

The guy was deceived by the devil .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by MightySparrow: 7:20am On Jan 21, 2021
enilove:

O yea
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2021
enilove:

At least is this guy also deceived by devil because he is not a Muslim he follows the same Bible you hold... I think the Bible is more ambiguous than Quran

Is Jesus the one God?
Allah SWT said:

Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by enilove(m): 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
haekymbahd:
At least is this guy also deceived by devil because he is not a Muslim he follows the same Bible you hold... I think the Bible is more ambiguous than Quran

Is Jesus the one God?
Allah SWT said:

I said you are being deceived because Allah is not God Almighty that created the heavens and the earth and everything that they contain .
He is not .
Allah is one of the gods of the pagans in Arabs.
The name had been in use , ever b4 Muhammad was born , by idol worshippers .

This was not the name God gave to Moses when he encountered Him .

Allah is a proper noun . It is a real name like James , John etc Allah does not mean god. God is a title .''God'' is a common noun .

Did you ever asked yourself , who gave the Arabs that name , Allah , which they call during their satanic worships b4 Islam came .

Why are the Muslims following the rituals or deeds of the pagans like :

Tawaf of the Kabah , Tawaf of Safa and Mawah, kissing of the black stone , use of a prayer beads , placement of Crescent moon and star on mosques roof tops ,use of a pagan Idol name Allah etc.

What miracle did Allah perform through Muhammad that we can make reference to as a sign of divinity ? Nothing .

Lastly , we shall know true prophet of God by their fruits .
What were the fruit of Muhammad ? Good or bad?

He took the wife of his son
He married a 6 years old girl when he was 50 years old.
He was a murderer .
He lied severally .
He was accused of stealing
He drank human blood .
He was a bewitched prophet
He was spiritually powerless .
He asked Muslims to indulge in prostitution.

How can you be following such a man as a prophet ?

It is not too late for you to return to your creator.
This might be your last chance .
Re: Ambiguity In The Qur'anic Story Of David And Saul by haekymbahd(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2021
enilove:

I said you are being deceived because Allah is not God Almighty that created the heavens and the earth and everything that they contain .
He is not .
Allah is one of the gods of the pagans in Arabs.
The name had been in use , ever b4 Muhammad was born , by idol worshippers .

This was not the name God gave to Moses when he encountered Him .

Allah is a proper noun . It is a real name like James , John etc Allah does not mean god. God is a title .''God'' is a common noun .

Did you ever asked yourself , who gave the Arabs that name , Allah , which they call during their satanic worships b4 Islam came .
is the name of God of Moses not "I am"
Allah SWT said:

"O Moses, lo!, it is I, God, the Mighty, the Wise."
(QS. An-Naml 27: Verse 9)

"And [he was told], Throw down your staff. But when he saw it writhing as if it were a snake, he turned in flight and did not return. [Allah said], O Moses, fear not. Indeed, in My presence the messengers do not fear."
(QS. An-Naml 27: Verse 10)

"Say, Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names. And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 110)

Allah means The God, The Arab and the Christian Jews also use this name for God even Jesus called God "ELAH"....

enilove:

Why are the Muslims following the rituals or deeds of the pagans like :

Tawaf of the Kabah , Tawaf of Safa and Mawah, kissing of the black stone , use of a prayer beads , placement of Crescent moon and star on mosques roof tops ,use of a pagan Idol name Allah etc.

enilove:

What miracle did Allah perform through Muhammad that we can make reference to as a sign of divinity ? Nothing .
Whenevere the people see a sign they always call it magic same thing happened to Jesus that why Muhammad didn't show lot of sign
Allah SWT said:

"The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two]."
(QS. Al-Qamar 54: Verse 1)

"And if they see a miracle, they turn away and say, Passing magic."
(QS. Al-Qamar 54: Verse 2)

Mathew 12
39 But He replied to them, An evil and adulterous generation (a generation [t]morally unfaithful to God) seeks and demands a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

enilove:

Lastly , we shall know true prophet of God by their fruits .
What were the fruit of Muhammad ? Good or bad?
I am one of the fruit of muhammad..

enilove:

He took the wife of his son
He married a 6 years old girl when he was 50 years old.
He was a murderer .
He lied severally .
He was accused of stealing
He drank human blood .
He was a bewitched prophet
He was spiritually powerless .
He asked Muslims to indulge in prostitution.

How can you be following such a man as a prophet ?

It is not too late for you to return to your creator.
This might be your last chance .
But you don't see anything wrong when Moses did this is he not a prophet of your God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Spiritual Discipline To Fasting And Midnight Prayers / More Headache For Trinitarians!(NON-CHRISTIANS ARE NOT INVITED) / One Scriptural Evidence That The YOURUBA People Are Israelites (ephraimites)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.