Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21113 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Fatimagul(f): 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2005
Oh "Genny" she is very pretty, but i'm not obsessed yet. I'm geting obsessed with this new jennifer ngeniform i found out. i'm on that site every day just to look if she has new pictures on, how funny is that or should i say sad?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 1:19am On Dec 27, 2005
@ Fatimagul What is the address to the website, please let us know
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 1:19am On Dec 27, 2005
i mean the new Jennifer Ngeniform
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by rikkyjen(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2005
Na yam?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2005
Huh
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by DAdvocate2: 5:59am On Dec 30, 2005
It's embarrassing and disheartening to say the least that most of the negative comments on this topic are being spewed mostly by Nigerians, Genevive Nnaji's fellow country folk! Should we then wonder why some less talented folk from other countries around the world make it to stardom in places like Hollywood while many Naijas in the industry are still relegated to suppporting roles? Chow Yun Fat was a star in his native country and did not speak a word of English before coming to Hollywood. He was supported by his fellow Asians, was given a chance and is now a star most of us watch! What's his claim to fame? Karate, aided heavily with wires and other stunt aids in order to stage his lofty techniques in hit movies such as "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon". I don't know Genevive personally but I thinks she's very talented and given half a chance, will be a large credit to any film industry she may decide to join the same way lots of other Naijas in diaspora distinguish themselves.

Nigeria's film industry is budding, just like the industries in China and India, who a few years ago were just as immature in their story-lines, plot and production. Let's face it, we have to start somewhere. Granted some of the movies churned out by Nollywood are substandard, some of them are also really good, given the low-level technology they work with. With the proper support, the industry stands as much chance as Hollywood to succeed. We must give kudos to our artists. Though none of them have broken into "A" ranking actor roles in the US, some of our folk are making waves in the US industry. So, before you diss your own, watch the Nigeria movies, sift between the good and the bad, give positive criticism, do your research, then proceed to put up support or hold your peace before jumping to support the US industry where you'll most likely never be anything else but a second class citizen anyway.

No pun intended to any of the folks in this forum.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by snazzydawn(f): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2005
Tell them ooo!!!they think it's an easy feat!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sage(m): 4:52am On Dec 31, 2005
rikkyjen:

Na yam?

Na beans grin grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2006
sage:

Na beans grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by BankoleA: 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2006
Quote  from Joftech #27 on: July 30, 2005, 03:26 AM » 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if she think say Hollywood na beans. Even Americans sef no dey find am easy to enter Hollywood not to talk of one with with heavy accent.
I beg make she no

I am satisfied to read this particular remark, about Nnaji for Hollywood. Perhaps, Nnaji is a good actress to stage in Hollywood. Though she has a little experience but that does not truly count comparing to her ACCENT...She needs to first get to Hollywood to see how valuable she is to live in the neighborhood talk less of  performing with the stars…..Visiting Hollywood  is nothing……….But making money in Hollywood is something.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 4:30am On Jan 08, 2006
Maybe she was hungry when she was saying that bullshit, just because they attach "nolly" to "wood" does not mean that they are in the same level.
HOLLYWOOD! I cant still believe she said that.
Regina Askia has tried to enter Hollywood even though she got American husband but she cannot just make it.
American themselves know hollywood does not mean "holly" and "wood"
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by icingbaby(f): 4:34am On Jan 08, 2006
you guyz are funny.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 4:35am On Jan 08, 2006
you guyz are funny
No, tell me if what i said it's not true
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:40am On Jan 08, 2006
2nde:

No, tell me if what i said it's not true

You are wrong.. and there's nuttin funny abt that. Check other pages to see why i said that. I wont argue this all over again.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 4:42am On Jan 08, 2006
I have read it all, you are just are not just realistic. Imagine!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:45am On Jan 08, 2006
Ohh hunnie.. I am realistic. Yeah HOLLYWOOD is BIG! But if genny is destined to get there, she will. Do u know the stories of most people in Hollywood?? Most of them don't even know they are gonna be there today. Let's not start this argument now.... Y'all know that she can get there. Just that we nigerians.. we are summin else. Always saying "it can't happen". I just want you to know, IT CAN HAPPEN! And i know u know that too.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 4:46am On Jan 08, 2006
Sorry, it can't. Maybe another generation. It's too late
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:53am On Jan 08, 2006
Okay now.. lets not argue.. And lets see wat happens. But i have to say this: IF genevieve is determined to get into Hollywood (and infact make it big)... She'll do it. By determined i mean, she has to put all her efforts in it.. and meet the right people. The girl can act and she speaks good enough. So you see.. Hollywood audience won't have difficulties hearing her.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joftech(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2006
I recommend that she got to www.imdb.com to ready up reviews on hollywood films. She will be tired of how people pay close attention to details. She will know that Hollywood is unlike Nollywood where horrible, sloppy and shoddy films is their main product.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2006
joftech:

I recommend that she got to www.imdb.com to ready up reviews on hollywood films. She will be tired of how people pay close attention to details. She will know that Hollywood is unlike Nollywood where horrible, sloppy and shoddy films is their main product.

And am sure u are Mr Hollywood.*hisses*
Your problem in nigeria, is that is very had for you people to appreciate wht u have
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joftech(m): 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2006
And am sure u are Mr Hollywood.*hisses*
Your problem in nigeria, is that is very had for you people to appreciate wht u have
How can i appreciate nonsense.These actors, actresses and all stakeholders in that Nollywood are so full of themselves.

The only reason why i see Nollywood films i when my sisters rent them then i only get to see the house architectures.

Am a hardcore Nigerian, but i can never put up with those nonsense those people are pushing in the market.

The mere fact that they produce more movies than Hollywood does not mean they are doing rubbish. For me Hollywood rules because their films are done after careful researches. Sciencie fictions, war films, and political films are done just like the real thing.

Nigerians deserve the best not some bullshits from people that are catching in on some Nigerians gullibility.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2006
Since you know the best, what are u doing at home.
You should be out there giving us the real thing,and wht made you think they are full of their self.

If you are a nigerian frm the core then u are not suppose to be saying ur fellow nigerians are not good in wht they are doing,afterall Hollywood did not just start and become perfect so i will say is one step at a time.

One more thing though, i love nigerians and i think coming to movie industry they are the best in Africa.though they have their short coming,nobody is perfect.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2006
Lets stop this argument about Genevieve, i have already told my brother (Bruce Willis) about it and his friend Nicolas Cage and they've assured me that they will connect geneveive to the necessary people. I even told him about Baba Suwe and they've been approved, so be rest assured that they will be appearing in hollywood very soon grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by virozuru(f): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2006
has anyone ever seen genny with out makeup? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2006
she sucks men
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joftech(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2006
Everybody have dreams but some dreams are more or less fantasy.

That girl is not fit for Hollywood. Non of those Nollywood girl is fit for Hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by icingbaby(f): 3:07am On Jan 12, 2006
for real, is good to dream sometime when you know is gonna come true, but her own i'm still laughing
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gracious(f): 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2006
i don't know if you guys really understand what you are talking about. It will take diving grace of God for genevieve to get into hollywood. America is very very very big. are you trying to tell me that out of the 50 states of america, there is no one good enough that they will have to go all the way to naija to get genevieve? getting into the movie industry is more than that. It really isn't easy. to be a star is not a small thing. take as an example, American Idol. do u see all the pple waiting in line just to audition inorder to get into the show and win a contract, even when u watch tv guide channel there is this programme loud call, u see all the number of pple that line up to audition for a role on tv. it really is not a piece of cake. besides there is more involved like getting an agent, etc. If at all genevieve is gonna get into hollywood she would play a "character actor" and in only certain films where they are trying to depict africa, or something like that because of her accent, nationality, the list goes on. As a matter of fact if u observe hollywood carefully how many african americans are there? jamie foxx, halle berry, they are so so so few. not to talk about including a lady from africa that has an accent. i can tell u. if hollywood needs an african actress, there will certainly be someone is an New York university's theatre department that can play the role. I doubt if they will take genevieve because she has lil understanding and experience of American culture and stuff like that. hope i am not harsh but it is mere fact. grin grin grin cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 2nde(m): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2006
I support you jare my sis, only that people are believing too much in that Genevieve. I know we usually force ourselves to believe that nothing is impossible but if you look at it very well, there are some things that are actually impossible in this world. I dont know of other generations oo. As for Genevieve or any nollywood actress, forget it for now. Nollywood ko, nollypako ni
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by virozuru(f): 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2006
i totally agree. people thinks its sooo easy to get to hollywood. like there are probably millions of people as we speak tryna get in. lets look at reality.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by icingbaby(f): 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2006
i agree with y'all genevieve can't get into hollywood i'm just telling the truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by dip: 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2006
What do you mean nollywood is way to far from hollywood i mean what is so much of a deal. Right now i am in united state. So if i wan't hit anymovie i know i can do it just the matter of accent. She can make but it will take her more than she expected because of her accent and before can make she might event want to quite acting. At the same time, i will advise her to sit her big oooh butt in nigeria and take care of her baby than going to disgrace herself. Meanwhile is she not satisfied with her acting and magazine greedy (just messing with her)[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.