Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21077 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by twinkiesta(f): 12:15am On Jun 14, 2006
offcos she can get there if she wants,abi her latest movie even came out in yankee and it hs not gotten 2 9ja yet and it will get her atleast small rep.she doesn't even look afican to me.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by wababa(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2006
Yeah infact the lady is getting late.She can beat those pretending to be in the fore front in Hollywoo.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Ekoja(m): 4:39am On Jul 02, 2006
Com on you guys! you think if she goes through these forum she wont get a swollen head? Negro p.l.e.a.s.e!!! that Girl ain't worth dust outside AFRICA! not even Europe nor US. well, i don't do the Home movie stuff but i think people are mostly carried away by her looks and charming face. (she's beautiful though).that doesn't count when professionals are talking, guys just forget about that girl, she's got some issues!

Face of LUX ain't a ticket to HOLLYWOOD wake up!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nella(f): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2006
Genny can make it any where she gat d talent, but execpt Nolly wood is no where near Holly woood
but if u talk of Genny she gat it all!<3<3
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jesfel: 12:58am On Jul 05, 2006
Genny in Hollywood?U guys must be dreaming.that is a very looooong way to go
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by eveseh(f): 12:59am On Jul 05, 2006
jesfel:

Genny in Hollywood?U guys must be dreaming.that is a very looooong way to go

help me tell dem grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nothings: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2006
I heard from a reliable source that Genevieve Nnaji and her manager Mildred Okwo are dating, like lesbians? Not sure if this is true but it is worth looking into.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by ddizzle(f): 12:42am On Jul 06, 2006
haba! wetin be dis one, bullsh*t if u ask me
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by titans0010: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2006
you know i am not a nigerian but i think that she is a pretty and talented girl, and it is a good idea for a person to see the sky being a limit to what they can do but you guys remember that america is nothing like nigeria. first of all you have to be white to get leading roles in movies and you have to be american pretty "perfect" or so they consider it ( runway model look) and you have to maintain that particular look. there are even many american actors and atresses who were once on top of things and as soon as they put on a few pounds they stop getting good movies to act in. frankly, her weight is considered obese or too fat in hollywood, plus she would need some speech therapy to get rid of her accent to even get notice. i am not saying this to make her feel like she can't make it but i am just saying what i know. she meight get roles but probably C roles and compare to nigeria where she was getting A roles she would probably not be noticed.

you never try you never know , so follow your dreams girl.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by KD69(m): 5:37am On Jul 08, 2006
Just nice.

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by ddizzle(f): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2006
genny will go in jesus name and i too will go too! amen
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by titans0010: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2006
i hope that she does. and i drink to that! Amen smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by ddizzle(f): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2006
yep thanx
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by lynmensah: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2006
genny can make it , making it to hollywood you have to have the talent, confident
and personality and genny have it all, go jenny, !!!! an
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by titans0010: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2006
hey, i did not say that she would not make it, plus i don't care if she does or not because it is her own business. yes she has talents. there are also a lot of talented, out of work actresses in america waiting to be the next halle berry. good luck to her and until she becomes the next halle, we shall see!!! there is nothing like trying.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2006
Ifunaya is the Igbo name Genevieve Nnaji loves. But only her close childhood friend calls her Ifunaya.

Her friend got admission into the University of Lagos and persuaded Genevieve to join her. And Genevieve was actually given a provisional admission, but she postponed it indefinitely.
This was how Genevieve lost the admission.

The popular discussions on Genevieve Nnaji on Nairaland also continue offline. I wanted to probe deeper to update the information on her. So, as the prospective director of my film project and I deliberated on the history of Nollywood from the grass to riches experiences of the popular actors, actresses, producers and directors, the subject of Genevieve Nnaji came up. The innocence and ignorance of her teenage pregnancy whilst in secondary school and the relocation of her family to the outskirts of Lagos.

Genevieve Nnaji has moved on in her tall ambition to break into Hollywood and she told her close friend that her prospects are now brighter.

We also discussed why her manager Mildred holds on to Genevieve tenaciously as if Genevieve is her goodluck talisman without which she cannot succeed as a filmmaker.
Genevieve Nnaji has increased the knowledge, mileage and patronage of Mildred even in her legal practice. The name Genevieve Nnaji has opened more doors for her since she became her manager.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by chosenbabe(f): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2006
Any source?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2006
Her friend said so and you are asking for any source?
Or did you mean sauce?
Tomato or pepper?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by chosenbabe(f): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2006
Orikinla:

Her friend said so and you are asking for any source?
Or did you mean sauce?
Tomato or pepper?

ok
lol, didnt mean sauce
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2006
Her friend is not a celebrity. So, naming her would be of no use.
Of course, I knew you did not mean sauce. cheesy

A Nigerian director Lancelot Oluwa Imasuen has just secured a collaboration in Hollywood and already producing his $200,000 film Friendly Enemy featuring Zack Orji and Kate Henshaw. http://www.nollywood.net/Reports/p2_articleid/118
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by tenik: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2006
Hmmm. she will sure make it,  God help her,  i believe in her n also very proud of her
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by chidichris(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2006
i pray that will happen fast so that we will wacth her banners extend their banning hands to America.
who God bless, no one can course(2 face Idibia)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by wanks(m): 12:11am On Aug 08, 2006
its a great tongue challange but does she think the Holliwood stars made it by boasting and showing off to the public over some toy drama,s.
Well if not satisfied being a so called star here then she should go there and continue showing off as well as boasting to those million dollar,not niara, stars.
Lot,s of success wishes to you dear tongue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by dollypee1(f): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2006
God grant  her all her heart desires.

@self-services are u @ biu in borno?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2006
I believe that Kate Henshaw and Ini Edo have a better chance than Genevieve Nnaji in breaking into Hollywood.

I love Kate Henshaw and I won't mind to go out with her even if she has 10 children instead of going out with Genevieve Nnaji as a mother of one.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by edygirl(f): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2006
She doesn't care anyway if you like her or not.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2006
She cares and I am praying she should not know about my posts on her. Because, if she finds out, she won't be happy at all. Thank God she does not know me as Orikinla. But I am afraid her manager does.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by edygirl(f): 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2006
If you knew she would be mad why do you go on all the time talking or creating posts against her.The other time it was her issue of having a kid outside marriage now this. It's very shameful on your part. They say it's only ones who know you that can kill you.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by tenik: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2006
Orikinla:

I believe that Kate Henshaw and Ini Edo have a better chance than Genevieve Nnaji in breaking into Hollywood.

I love Kate Henshaw and I won't mind to go out with her even if she has 10 children instead of going out with Genevieve Nnaji as a mother of one.
hmmm Genevieve does not care about ur opinions, ok
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Eurphoria(f): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2006
[/quote][quote author=Orikinla link=topic=19874.msg553100#msg553100 date=1155046494]

Hi orinkinla

You kidding me right with the above statement , if , i say a very big IF ANYONE male or female was to have a career or a shot at HOLLYWOOD darling it's Geneveive Nnaji. I hate Nigerian actors (if you can call them that, all you need is a pretty face these days) they are diabolical, The only one with true talent is Geneveive, i can watch her without cringing and thats saying alot.

Goodluck to her and if this life has thought me anything, it's that women like her, who are hated on for no reason, talked about,having the african stigma of a child at a young age out of wedlock and all the rest, i know life often gives people like her a huge break and then i would love to see what all those dreamkillers do. I bet people who called her a slag or LovePeddler after her pregnancy didn't expect to see her on Nigerian Tv, let alone being a top star, bet they didn't think she would make good of herself.

She is beautiful, talented, articulate,ladylike, professional and focused.

Yes i am a fan grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 2:59pm On Aug 09, 2006
Have you Head of the Saying that if you can dream it you can do it
she can do it
i believe she has what it takes
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2006
If Genevieve is not a star, nobody will bother discussing her.

Millions of Americans discuss about Janet Jackson's love child and even worse things and all the discussions are all part of the scuttlebutt of stardom. Nothing personal.
And even if she reads the comments here, she wouldn't sulk like you sulking on her behalf.

As we speak, Kate Henshaw is also playing a major role in a collaboration between Nollywood and Hollywood being shot in America. I wonder about the literacy level of some posters. I mentioned about the film in my previous posts and did you read before coming to display your naivete and ignorance?

Genevieve Nnaji can make it. But Kate Henshaw is a better actress.

All fans of Genevieve Nnaji can send mails to speakeve@yahoo.com and if you are lucky if she finds the time, she should make your day with a reply. This is her general e-mail address for every tenik and edygirl.

Have a nice day and God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Doyin Evicted From Big Brother Naija House & Moved To Level 3 / Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.