Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Coldest States In Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coldest States In Nigeria (70938 Views)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Coldest Place On Earth Where You Breath In And Die - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Tijani0001: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
What about jigawa state?
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
bizhop01:
Obudu in cross river state is coldest place in nigeria,
temperature is 6° during december & january

You're right but it's not a state
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by toprealman: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
Bauchi kai. During service year, we had to form "handed" during harmattan season. Jos na another "north pole"
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by skipo01: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
If only u know Bang 3 corner, Saudana LGA, Taraba state, u will change the list. Bang 3 corner is very cold. It is even colder than Jos and Gembu. Though Gembu and Bang 3 corner are in the same local LGA, both Bang 3 corner is very cold. Please any one from Bang 3 corner should private chat me

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by dominion001(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
Op u high? Comparing Jos 17 degrees weather to London. Have you ever been in a city/Country in winter when the weather is minus (-) 17 degrees?
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by LordofNaija: 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
czarina:
neighbor ;DLol...they were right then.
Come and show me around the neighborhood nah
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Fabulous0019(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
There is a place in Ekiti called OYE Ekiti..I think it got its name from cold grin grin

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Pasima(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
You Are right the cold is too much
christejames:
And you didn't add Adamawa and Taraba states where the highest peak is located, also include Nsukka cause it's special place in Enugu state when it comes to temperature

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by joyousmother2016: 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2019
heskeyw:
Jos is not even cold when compared to other towns in plateau. The cold in jos na only BSc him get. If u visit pankshin or mangu, na there u go see where cold dey offer PhD education to the residents.

Mangu can be cold but it's not as cold as Pankshin. My mum told us that when they were kids, that SNOW used to fall in Pankshin but with global warming snow doesn't fall there again.

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by daniecrown06(m): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
The cold in Nsukka,Enugu state is something else.especially from June - December
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by DonBenny77(m): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Jigawa cold pass abuja
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by batlanroof1: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=kenzysmith post=81505239]Op abeg remove ekiti from ur list, that state na oven.[/q
Are u serious about this?
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by olayinkajnr(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
mannatech:

I was born and raised in kaduna and schooled six years in Zaria but I only spent 2weeks in katsina lga February couple of years back. Bro, that cold Na die.

I swear. I was born and brought up in Zaria. Did both my primary and secondary education in Zaria. Went to school in Zamfara cum Sokoto. Spent 8 years in Sokoto, served in Kaduna. Worked in Kano for 2 years. Lived in Funtua for a year and presently in Zaria. That's why if people dey talk cold, I dey tell them say, come to the North.

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Deepthoughts: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mazigabriel:
Here are list of coldest in nigeria

a)PLATEAU(jos): When you visit jos during harmattan you will mistaken the weather for londons' due to the chilly temperature.temperature plummets to 17 degrees day time temperature and 10 degrees night temperature.

b)KANO STATE: Although kano is very hot but during harmattan the weather becomes cold and temperature drops to 17 degrees.

C)KATSINA: Temperatures in katsina can be as low as 15 degrees at night.

D)KADUNA: Kaduna is known for its dryness but harmattan makes temperatures to plummet to 19 degrees and that is when koko(pap) and kose(beans) becomes their favorite inorder to fight off the cold.

E)SOKOTO: Sokoto is generally hot but the harmattan drops the temperature to 19 degrees.in the morning strong wind throw you off balance.

F)ABUJA: Abuja temperaure plummet to 22 degrees during the harmattan

H)ENUGU: Enugu state is the coldest state in the south eastern nigeria. temperature can drop to 18 degrees at night.

I)EKITI: Ekiti state temperature drops to 20 degrees at night.
I think Gembu in sardauna local government area of taraba state is the coldest place in Nigeria,yes it is colder than Jos during the harmattan.
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Xavi2019: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
goat22:

Nssuka ke, no be you be abaribe the 3rd for CMS junction by rivers junction lagos near kaduna
cry cry cry
Sorry, I don't get the joke here.

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by DenreleDave(m): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
nototribalist:
Bloggers are indeed going hungry this day. Who in their right mind would believe Kano and Sokoto of all places will be cold. These are hot areas. Jos yes, Taraba yes, definitely not kano katsina or the worse Sokoto.

Boss u no notin about kano cold... Fine kano is hot but if harmattan come, weldone sir..

Don't talk if u av not been to a place at the right season

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Oluwaseyi00(m): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
castro:
Abeokuta drops to 24 degrees during the rainy season in the day and lowers to 22-23 degrees at night. It is much colder during the rainy season than during the harmattan,

Bro... I tire for this cold thing here.

Twill be a bit bright in the morning, but from around 11am till dusk, you won't sight sun again o... Twill be terribly cold..

Reminds of Kibiya LGA, Saya-Saya to be precise, Kano state cold.
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
If jos or taraba is this cold, why do they not produce Apple there?
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by clintino700(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
I read all the comments one after the other, plateau state seems to have the coldest region in the country but I served in kastina state. The cold there during Dec sometimes knock on the door early in the morning. Sometimes u won't be able to urinate the whole day. It was beyond manageable as a visitor I had to relocate after camp.
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by TomiSwag(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mazigabriel:
Here are list of coldest in nigeria

D)KADUNA: Kaduna is known for its dryness but harmattan makes temperatures to plummet to 19 degrees and that is when koko(pap) and kose(beans) becomes their favorite inorder to fight off the cold.

I salute you
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Rasbel(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
That phankshu or what's it called now tops the list of my TO-VISIT places.

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by annyberry: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
abdulkayus:

Heyyyyyyy, long time. Do u remember me?
Am sorry I don't oooo
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by NNEWIsuper: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2019
grandstar:

I was wondering why Taraba wasn't listed there. The weather today is cooler than that of London. Just checked accuweather.com. Simply type in Gembu in the search bar and next check London
you're right oo..Gembu is 19 degrees now while London is 22 degrees Same as ZARIA
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by NNEWIsuper: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
keryj:
Op, do adjust asap and add kebbi state, its more cool here than sokoto
are you In kebbi
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by ojay36: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
I am currently in jos,the cold here is sonething else. I wonder how December will be
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by TheManOfTheYear: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
nototribalist:
Bloggers are indeed going hungry this day. Who in their right mind would believe Kano and Sokoto of all places will be cold. These are hot areas. Jos yes, Taraba yes, definitely not kano katsina or the worse Sokoto.

Some people are quoting me talking about kano harmattan cold. Is other regions harmattan hot?

One question
Have u stayed in Kano before?
If no, then kindly shut the hell up

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by TheManOfTheYear: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
Kalixx:
Nigeria has no cold state. 15C na moin moin.

Even UK is not cold, even in its winter. -5C na moin moin.

America not so cold but they think so.

Only quote if you've experienced -20C before. That is when you're now talking. Cold that makes blood run from ur nose. Cold that gives you frostbites even when wearing gloves. Cold that layers snow on ice on walkways.

Thats Canada. wink
O Canada
We stand on guard for thee

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by EmpressT(f): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
For me, Plateau State is the coldest. I have served there as a corper and experienced its weather. Well conductive unlike the Lagos. If I could chose to live my life in Jos. Yeah!

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by bizzibodi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
africanusvu:
Taraba have the coldest place in west africa.Gembu Saddaunna LGA remains very cold from january to december.too cold during rainy season below 8°C
Are u serious 8 deg in nigeria?
Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by Xmen149(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
Fabulous0019:
There is a place in Ekiti called OYE Ekiti..I think it got its name from cold grin grin

Whole of ekiti villages hammerthan and rainy season dey mad cold.. sleeping on fur jacket ,jeans,blanket and light on

Re: Coldest States In Nigeria by inyenejo(m): 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
Where's Akwa Ibom oooooo my dear state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" / Woman Climbs On Roof Of Car To Prevent LASTMA Officials From Driving It Off / Police Detain Accident Victim For Being ‘Too Young To Own A Car’ In Ebonyi State