Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) (64921 Views)

Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Why Is It So Difficult To Obtain A Nigerian Passport? (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by desvi: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2019
Amitez:
So, at Nigeria Embassy in UAE uses @yahoo.co.uk as e-mail. Shame!!

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by writeprof(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
Wow.., Nigeria my country

OUR COUNTRY... wink
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2019
writeprof:

OUR COUNTRY... wink
Oh dear,grin our countrygringrin

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2019
Funny how Nigerians don’t when a country don’t want them anymore.

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by delishpot: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2019
Great Nigeria
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
I better leave my old passport like that oo, i wanted to change mine to the new one because i like it and it looks more durable...
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by Unrated900(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
This is simple

Everyone is entitled to his or her fundamental human rights

Hello this are my words for you

Make sure you sue the immigrations for this

They made you wasted all your funds

How would a government of a country change her passport without alerting or sending messages to all embassies of the world for the free movement of her citizen..

shit-hole country with Densed dullard lifeless man
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by Femeto: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2019
careytommy37:
Sai Bubu
This 1 just dey flex the country they spoil.
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
Glink2018:
They could have contacted our embassy in case of doubt.
Does Chinese govt inform you about their new passport? Abeg! This people no want us. Simple!

Your comment shows you are ignorant of international diplomacy.
It is not the duty of UAE or any country's immigration to contact the Nigerian embassy in such matters. I had this same problem with my daughter's passport when she was issued the 64 page booklet. Once there are certain changes in such documents, your embassy immediately informs the host country, as well as make a sample copy available to it. That's the protocol. There is a standard internationally that your Nigeria has refused to come to terms with. The usual backward country.
And its citizens pay the price for it.
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by MaxNdu: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
Yesterday I got this new Nigeria passport for my daughter at Ikoyi passport. I was very ashamed with quality of the bearers photograph. Of all the international passport of the world and at this stage of technological advancement, it is only Nigerian passport that has a black and white photo of the bearer....what a shame!!! angry

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
I have reservations about this.
How come the immigration officers of the Emirates could not verify directly with the embassy.
Also, it's an e-passport, how come they can't authenticate it online? Do they verify passports by just looking at the pix or design? How do they carry out authentication for countries that have no embassy or consulate in their country?

You got good points here.
See, countries send a sample copy for it's embassies to give to host countries for comparisons when there's doubt.
Yeah, the immigration could have confirmed the authenticity of that passport through several means. But the truth is, why should they bother?
When your country isn't respected internationally, that is what to expect.
There are certain countries that would have taken pains to independently confirm a traveller's passport due to strong diplomatic relations between it and the visitor's country.
What international pull does Nigeria have that any country outside Africa will go out on it's way to serve any of us?

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by Sola15(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
Nigerian embassy here is 1 of d worst in the world. U even c some foreign workers harassing u cos u visit ur embassy. Wot a shame.
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by kashoggi: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
There is more to this story than is being stated. I have been to Abu Dhabi via Addis on same passport, no issues.
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by chinedu234(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
Is there any country called Nigeria?
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by Yankee101: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
Confused country naija
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by Bemmics: 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
ayaside:

There you go. International relationship. Where is the ambassador?

How can a Nigerian be so embarrassed and where is or was the Ambassador?
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by CeterisXVII: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
ayaside:
There you go. International relationship. Where is the ambassador?
Bemmics:
How can a Nigerian be so embarrassed and where is or was the Ambassador?
Sola15:
Nigerian embassy here is 1 of d worst in the world. U even c some foreign workers harassing u cos u visit ur embassy. Wot a shame.
Can you see why Geoffrey Onyeama should not have been re-appointed as Foreign Minister? Our embassies keep embarrassing us abroad, and none of them gets sanctioned by our govt authorities....
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by ezeegolimited30(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2019
Useless officials at UAE, How can u put an Ambassador from the tribe who don't travel to dubai for serious engagement!

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by ezeegolimited30(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2019
From Abu Dhabi to dubai is not far for them to react quickly, but that Nigeria embassy in ABU DHABI is nothing but disgrace to Nigerians! When I have my issues with dubai police �, I waited for those useless yoruba nd hausa fulani officials to respond in 24 hrs, but instead it took them 3weeks to respond,

Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:34am On Aug 23, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
I have reservations about this.
How come the immigration officers of the Emirates could not verify directly with the embassy.
Also, it's an e-passport, how come they can't authenticate it online? Do they verify passports by just looking at the pix or design? How do they carry out authentication for countries that have no embassy or consulate in their country?

There’s probably more to the story...
UAE immigration knows airlines authenticate passports before boarding.

>
Re: Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:38am On Aug 23, 2019
whirlwind7:
You got good points here.
See, countries send a sample copy for it's embassies to give to host countries for comparisons when there's doubt.
Yeah, the immigration could have confirmed the authenticity of that passport through several means. But the truth is, why should they bother?
When your country isn't respected internationally, that is what to expect.
There are certain countries that would have taken pains to independently confirm a traveller's passport due to strong diplomatic relations between it and the visitor's country.
What international pull does Nigeria have that any country outside Africa will go out on it's way to serve any of us?

UAE immigration is well aware that their own national flag carrier Etihad would not board a passenger without authenticating her passport (or other travel document). Sorry, but I suspect we are not getting the full story/picture here.
>

My Experience With A Russian Lady I Met In Dubai / Things You Only See In Dubai / Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge