Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion (268 Views)

Some Reasons Why Atheist Are Usually Hard To Convince Back To God. / The War In Syria And End Time Prophecy: Any Correlation? / Something Wrong With Religion But Will Keep Growing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2019
#Nigeria Why do people scam people?

Personally my moral compass won't even let me rest when i eat what does not rightfully belong to me.. No matter how broke i become

I've noticed that most scammers are deeply *religious*.They somehow have managed to conceive in their thoughts, that "God is blessing them" as they succeed

Well, yeah! He is (been Sacarstic). But how else will you have the heart to rob someone his means of livelihood when u don't think a sky wizard has ur back

I still maintain that religion is the problem of this country from every angles.

Let me explain..

When injustice happens... The religious say "let's leave it for God"

Wrong!

e g. 1. If a real God exist, he's not an interventionist. *Fight ur battles, don't allow evil to thrive!*

Religion deludes one to assume he's the centre of the universe.

e.g 2 He's imbided with a loud ego
"it's not my portion!" for the Christians
So then u take stupid risk, defraud people, steal and belittle the repercussions.
"It's not my portion".. You drive without seatbelts, make calls while driving or ignore faults signs from ur vehicle
You ignore taking care of your health and environments. It's not ur portion to get sick so u live carelessly.. I guess is ur brother's portions or sisters or mother and other family members right? And you believe they are not as deluded as you too making the same sily religious assumptions?

e.g 2 An iman, a reverend father or a pastor comits a crime.. The religious say

" touch not my anointed "

You're very stupid!

Who d **k anointed dat idiot. Charge him, arrest him and prosecute him. No one is above the law

eg 3 People crowd into the churches on Sundays seeking for material blessings without any plans to genuinely work for it. And the priest, pastor or iman blesses them and collects all the money they have in their pockets

e.g 4 A student goes to the exam hall without studying hoping to call down all the angels in the sky to furnish him with wisdom and knowledge on that particular day.
After the exams he goes and sort the lecturer.
She goes and exchange her body for good grades.

You make illegitimate money. When asked you say.

Is God o!

Ofcouse is him

Oluwa don bless ur scamming hustle schemes right?

Religion makes u more enemies than friends.
Anyone not sharing same faith with you is an enemy. If he's a traditionalist or Catholic or white garmet he's definitely doing charms for u. You disrespect and attack him, ignore and abuse him and you both start hating each other.

You marry only in the Lord right?
What else is the purpose of marriage if not to make new family and friendship lasting bonds
You don't want to be yoked with an unbeliever or you mean your enemy?

Finally

For me this life is all we got, Our kids won't inherit us, yes they might inherit our wealth.

Fact remains that there's no Satan to punish us in hell and there's no God to bless us in heaven.

Live slowly not fast and live well. Be kind to others.

Inside you, you have a moral compass that is better than all so called holy books

Conclusion
You don't need religion to become good person.
To be good or evil is a personal choice no matter how much religious u are.

Let me be more direct.....
_Clears throat_ You don't need bible or Koran to be a nice person
Yeah is true. Very true!
Some best countries in the world are
Finland, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Canada, Spain, Switzerland
They have almost zero people that goes to church or mosque, in it.
But these are countries you won't see police men carrying ak47, they rarely even carry life guns. There prisons are almost empty. At home you can sleep soundly without locking your doors .

But in Nigeria our prisons are massively populated.�
Our security system is a disaster even the Road Safety officials are seeking for Guns our people don't hear.

Yet Nigeria is ranked to be the most religious country in the world!

Religion is not helping anybody here at all.

If religion goes away in Nigeria won't crime increase?
Absolutely no!
World statistics has proved that the more religious a country is more less its standards and higher the corruption level becomes because people stop relying on themselves or the laws of the land or stop trying to make people and the government work.
They hope for an elysium or paradise maybe in heaven and everyone starts feeling too important or self centred, he doesn't mind to step on others toes to get what he wants.

And when your government is working properly then religion becomes almost useless.
When government provides quality roads, electricity, free basic health care, education, property insurances, enact good laws and high standard justice system.. Suffering will reduce. Crime rate will reduce. People will be employed
Religion will stop serving its mental purposes of making the suffering or poor masses feel good because they already are feeling good.

Firstly the people needs to make the government work

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion by cenaman(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
Space 4 sale.
Re: Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion by hahn(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
Just as you will find Nigerians who have gotten a government job giving testimony when we all know he/she is going there to steal funds.

Or many parents who enrol their kids in "special centers" but will give testimonies in church about how their kids pass.

God is nothing more than a get out of jail free card for Nigerians.

They will steal and blame the devil.

Nigeria is proof that religion is not a source of morality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion by hoopLA: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
Watch the religious folk come after you shortly.

They will not read your post and understand you. All they know is that you are attacking the church and mosque and you are an enemy

I have ties to the South Eastern part of the country.
I can say that those ones need a lot of help.

These fraudsters from Nnewi, Ozubulu, Nkpor, Ihiala, Awkuzu, etc will build churches for their people, even go as far as tarring the roads to these churches.Anglican and catholic majorly.

Penterascals will change strategy to attract these fraud moneybags so they dilute their message.

The Anglican and Catholic churches will knight them and decorate them with honors.

Then they will be falling over each other to outdo each other in terms of recognition in these churches.

It's not today this rubbish started.

An accountant stole N30 million from Sheraton Hotels IKEJA systematically over a period of years. Every single kobo went to Christ Embassy in various gifts and cash. In 2001 he was caught. Christ Embassy to the best of my knowledge, kept mum on the matter.

I endorse your post 100%

Radicals will soon come with emotional outbursts to attack.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Reasons Nigerians Scam People And The Correlation With Religion by StrikeBack(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Strikeback don land

(1) (Reply)

What The Lord Told Me About Scamming / Prophet Macdonald E.E Sound Accurately Prophesied ROBERT MUGABE'S Death / How To Know When Someone Is Deceiving You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.