Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival (119803 Views)

Femi Otedola And Lil Kesh Do The "Shaku Shaku" Dance At Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) / Photo Of Femi Otedola And His Mother Kissing On The Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by SuperBlack: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2019
GreenWhiteGreen:
$13B for that small thing? Would rather keep the money for my generation. cool

It can power the whole of Nigeria Brain and Make Buhari stronger and smarter
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2019
Greatestbull201:
"Heat recovery" is enough unit process that can cost that amount bro. There's no mistake to that amount.

So you believe a heat recovery unit can cost 13 billion dollars? Even if you don't know facts,cant you make intelligent guesses and estimations? 13 billion dollars can build 3 nuclear power plants and 13 billion dollars is over half of the Nigerian budget. So a generator can be worth lover half of the Nigerian budget? If so how did Buhari build 3 refineries under military regime?
Even the United States aircraft carriers top out at about 3-4 billion dollars.
I put it to you as a petroleum engineering graduate with insights in petroleum refining that that generator may not cost even up to a billion Naira.

The gullibility of Nigerians is very irritating, that's how Bukari said he would make 1 Naira equal 1 dollar and stabilize oil price and some people had the effrontery to believe him and put him in office.

The sad part is that you may be thuggish and end up being a leader in this country and this is the level of ignorance you will use to lead us.

#bows head in anguish
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 24, 2019
stankezzy:
how can d cost of a refinery be 13 billion not even normal big refinery but modular refinery or mini/compact refinery, if u have been to a refinery it is as big as a small town .how much does Nigeria make in 3 years , how much is our reserve, dangote according to Forbes 2019 worth 9.6 billion dollars ,Nigerian budget 2019 is 28 billion dollars budgeted against income that is liable to adjustment if d revenues or income expected doesn't come. it is not jealousy but most illiterates doesn't know what 13b dollars is

God bless you, the cost for the refinery is obviously inflated. But the gullibility of Nigerians is something that is endemic
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2019
pacespot:

Anything that is used in the refining of crude oil is always costly, this is business purchase. You think white men are not wiser than us. They know this will save Africa especially Nigeria from their perpetual importation of refined crude oil products.

Ette, I put it to you that Heat recovery generator is worth at most just over a billion Naira. That unit just converts excess heat at different section sin the plant to steam in order to scrap more energy efficiency .If you believe that generator is worth even 1 billion dollars, I'm sorry
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 24, 2019
Olubanben23:
So were is that dwarf in Ghana that said he is richer than Dangote? Can he see himself, $13, 000,000,000 just for generator only? This is not yahoo money rather is hard work. No need to make some noise your blueprint will surely make some noise(s) for you.
So you believe that the heat recovery generator unit is worth 13 billion dollars? How much will the turbines cost then? Your ignorance should be your main concern not the dwarf in Ghana.
That unit is at most worth over a billion Naira

1 Like

Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by testimony1089(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2019
Otedola was talking abt the whole project not just the generator. Op u have to respect $13b oh
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Frezhkid10(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2019
omoadeleye:
Like the generator can power up the whole Nigeria? Why not building and generating your own power plant instead buying a generator
...xo what is these one now called...
He's generating his own power through his power plant...or is there any other way to generate large amount of electricity while consuming less space
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by jc4real(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2019
Chidexter:
13BN DOLLARS? That should be the costliest man made equipment ever. na continent him buy?

My brother me sef tire o smiley
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Zahrudin: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2019
omoadeleye:
Like the generator can power up the whole Nigeria? Why not building and generating your own power plant instead buying a generator
Guy na thesame thing
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Inehmesit: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
All of you shouting that Otedola dresses simple, go and check his Instagram. He wears Tom Ford shirts and suits, all his pictures, he tags them. When you’re done, go and google the price of one Tom Ford shirt.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Ajibade123(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
these guys are billionaire and they still dress casually.
see 15 power outage safety tips and solutions for small business https://explicitsuccess.com/power-outage-procedures-for-businesses/
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Mrexcell(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Praizenews:
Femi Otedola Joins Dangote To inspect His New Heat Recovery Generator Worth $13billion

Nigerian popular billonaire Femi Otedola joins his billonaire business friend Dangote at his new refinery to inspect his newly imported heat recovery generator worth of 13billion dollars. Wow!!!

Watch video below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/femi-otedola-joins-dangote-to-inspect-his-new-heat-recovery-generator-worth-13billion-dollars/

Nigerian bloggers loves exergarating and blowing news out of proportion how can any power generating plant be worth $13b?
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by abbiboy: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
Praizenews:
He wrote ;

Watch The Video => HERE

If i hear $13B how much is the project.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by gnykelly(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
stankezzy:
how can d cost of a refinery be 13 billion not even normal big refinery but modular refinery or mini/compact refinery, if u have been to a refinery it is as big as a small town .how much does Nigeria make in 3 years , how much is our reserve, dangote according to Forbes 2019 worth 9.6 billion dollars ,Nigerian budget 2019 is 28 billion dollars budgeted against income that is liable to adjustment if d revenues or income expected doesn't come. it is not jealousy but most illiterates doesn't know what 13b dollars is

Do you even know what 14 billion dollar is?
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Ugosample(m): 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
stEmmy96:
Bloggers won't just read and understand... He meant $13b spent on the refinery not the generator... When the refinery is worth $13b, is the generator now the refinery ni

EXACTLY!

This goes to show that many Nigerians lack comprehension skills and critical reasoning
no wonder many of them fail IELTS tongue
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by The10thMan(m): 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
We congratulate you on this mile stone.

As a fellow Trillion Pounds Conglomerate CEO, I can only felicitate with you.

Signed,

CEO, MacBriggsons CIGI
(MacBriggsons Conglomerate Industries Group International)
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by DedeNkem: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
nextstep:

And what would be the reason behind the wealthy billionaires of Nnewi? It it this same corrupt politicians?

Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, Cletus Ibeto, Cosmas Maduka, Innocent Chukwuma, Gabriel Chukwuma, Alexander Chika Okafor, Augustine Ilodibe, Ifeanyi Ubah, Louis Onwugbenu, Obiajulu Uzodike, to mention but a few. All from one town.

Work hard, produce things that sell, use your connections well. What is wrong in that?

There's no businessman in Nigeria who's not corrupt. That's a fact. Another fact is that majority of Nigerians are very corrupt!

I've no problem with Dangote doing what he does to be at the top in this nearly uninhabited country. At all, he pays less tax and pays no duties for any importation.

If he was based in Europe, he won't be as rich as he's today because corruption in politics there, is almost nonexistent. If a politician is caught (no matter how small the money involved), he/she would be kicked out of politics and sent to jail. I know because I live there.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Unrated900(m): 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
udemzyudex:

Networth jare, na error.

Confirmmentooo
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by nugwas: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
GreenWhiteGreen:
$13B for that small thing? Would rather keep the money for my generation. cool

$13b the entire money spent so far on the project
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by ubcandid(m): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Myhusband:
angry

see how the richest man in Africa dressed even Otedola yet Kunle fraudulently acquire 3m from one dummy white lady he rushed to buy muscle Camry, he stop greeting everyone since then but when police humbled the imbeciles and arrest him including seizing all he acquire he started greeting Egbon ekaroo. ekaroo kill you there oloshi omo

how the yahoo place themselves as a smart guy do amuse me, only few of those imbeciles have sense

True Life Story?
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by ubcandid(m): 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
stankezzy:

Just to address this -dangotes refinery is no modular, it's set to be the biggest in refined capacity in the world at 650,000 barrels (am not so Certain but it hovers around that figure). Dangote cannot finance the refinery alone and I doubt any individual in the world can do. What just plays out here are international business men and banks lining behind his clout and federal connection to achieve this.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by ubcandid(m): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
soul95:

So you believe a heat recovery unit can cost 13 billion dollars? Even if you don't know facts,cant you make intelligent guesses and estimations? 13 billion dollars can build 3 nuclear power plants and 13 billion dollars is over half of the Nigerian budget. So a generator can be worth lover half of the Nigerian budget? If so how did Buhari build 3 refineries under military regime?
I put it to you as a petroleum engineering graduate with insights in petroleum refining that that generator may not cost even up to a billion Naira.

The gullibility of Nigerians is very irritating, that's how Bukari said he would make 1 Naira equal 1 dollar and stabilize oil price and some people had the effrontery to believe him and put him in office.

The sad part is that you may be thuggish and end up being a leader in this country and this is the level of ignorance you will use to lead us.

#bows head in anguish

Oga 1 million $ is 370 million naira. That genarator can cost up to a billion naira.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by ubcandid(m): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
soul95:

#bows head in anguish

Oga 1 million $ is 370 million naira. That genarator can cost up to a billion naira. You're even trying to overstate.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 29, 2019
ubcandid:

Oga 1 million $ is 370 million naira. That genarator can cost up to a billion naira. You're even trying to overstate.
First of all its not a generator (like electricity generator), it's a heat regenerator (heat recovery unit). Secondly, the heat regenerate does not serve the whole refinery, but just a particular section of the refinery.
Thirdly I said it MAY NOT (indicating an allowance for a certain degree of uncertainty in my postulation), so I'm not overstating anything.
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by ubcandid(m): 6:13am On Aug 29, 2019
soul95:

First of all its not a generator (like electricity generator), it's a heat regenerator (heat recovery unit). Secondly, the heat regenerate does not serve the whole refinery, but just a particular section of the refinery.
Thirdly I said it MAY NOT (indicating an allowance for a certain degree of uncertainty in my postulation), so I'm not overstating anything.

Sorry bro, I meant to type "cannot cost". I know very well no need to explain to me. I studied petroleum Engineering
Re: Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
ubcandid:

Sorry bro, I meant to type "cannot cost". I know very well no need to explain to me. I studied petroleum Engineering

Oh..we are basically saying the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 / Inside Ezego Victor Okafor's Graveyard, House, Palace, Property (Video) / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.