Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah (6815 Views)

Simple Evidence That The Quran Is Man Made / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / "The Name Of Allah Written On The Ground By Ants" - Man Praises God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Greatgreatest(m): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

He never 'wrote' the Qur'an, It was revealed to him in bits by the Arc Angel Jibril(Gabriel). It was revealed over a period of 23 years. During this period, he transmitted the verses ORALLY to his companions. At this point, it was not in book form like we have it today. The learned amongs the companions decided to write out fragments of verses on walls, barks of trees, leaves stone etc. It was later compiled into book form across the Arabian peninsula. However, there were discrepancies as the arabs wrote it in their own dialects and some were not written in the right order of verses. This made Uthman(RA) assemble a team to write out the Qur'an the way Rosulullah(SAW) revealed it. He called for the previous copies written by the other Arabs and they agreed to burn their own copies to protect the integrity of the Book of Allah. The copies of the Qur'an written by Uthman and his team are the very same as the ones we have allover the world today. No revisions, editions and in its original language over the period of 1400 years. How many books can boast of this?

So another prophet uthman wrote the Quran in the order it is. Don't you think that some ideas will be lost, and the scribes might not translate it the way Prophet Mohammed wants it to be, or some things might be added.

2 Likes

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AbuTwins: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2019
IamBlanco:

Abu... the Quran in Arabic used the word 'Ahad' ﺍﺣﺪ to describe Allah. what does the word mean? one as in singular or Plural but still one.

why do Muslims do almost everything 3 times?

Ahad means One and only! One plural does not exist in Islam and English.

Whatever we do three times was legislated to be done three times. In some there may be other options! Like marrying up to 4 wives.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 11:53am On Sep 06, 2019
IamBlanco:

Abu... the Quran in Arabic used the word 'Ahad' ﺍﺣﺪ to describe Allah. what does the word mean? one as in singular or Plural but still one.

why do Muslims do almost everything 3 times?

Ahad means uniquely one, one and only, one like none other. It's a one that cannot be pluralised. It's the same as the Hebrew word 'echad', which Jesus said when he stated: Your Lord your God is ONE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AbuTwins: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Common, You Can't Use "WE" As Respect.. "We" is a plural word, in Youruba it's "AWA" . Just tell us from the verse I shown you, it's clearly stated therein that Allah is the one spoken from the verse. So therefore, is Allah more than ONE?

Until, when he comes to Us, he says, “Oh,
would that there had been between me and
you the distance of the two
easts !” (Quran 43:38 )
Allah uses "Us" again

One can say in Yoruba. "Awa la se e". We cooked it. And this is informal.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur’an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue.
(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/143).

“Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, We have given you a manifest victory” [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that.”
(Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).

These words, innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), and other forms of the plural, may be used by one person speaking on behalf of a group, or they may be used by one person for purposes of respect or glorification, as is done by some monarchs when they issue statements or decrees in which they say “We have decided…” etc. [This is known in English as “The Royal We” – Translator]. In such cases, only one person is speaking but the plural is used for respect. The One Who is more deserving of respect than any other is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, so when He says in the Qur’an innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), it is for respect and glorification, not to indicate plurality of numbers. If an aayah of this type is causing confusion, it is essential to refer to the clear, unambiguous aayaat for clarification, and if a Christian, for example, insists on taking ayaat such as “Verily, We: it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e., the Qur’an)” [al-Hijr 15:9 – interpretation of the meaning] as proof of divine plurality, we may refute this claim by quoting such clear and unambiguous aayaat as (interpretation of the meanings): “And your god is One God, there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful” [al-Baqarah 2:163] and “Say: He is Allaah, the One” [al-Ikhlaas 112:1] – and other aayaat which can only be interpreted in one way. Thus confusion will be dispelled for the one who is seeking the truth. Every time Allaah uses the plural to refer to Himself, it is based on the respect and honour that He deserves, and on the great number of His names and attributes, and on the great number of His troops and angels.”
(Reference: Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 109). And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Greatgreatest:

So another prophet uthman wrote the Quran in the order it is. Don't you think that some ideas will be lost, and the scribes might not translate it the way Prophet Mohammed wants it to be, or some things might be added.

No, firstly Uthman was not a prophet. Uthman and the other companions that compiled the final copy of the Qur'an were alive at the time of Muhammad(PBUH). The had also memorised the Qur'an in his lifetime. All they did was edit the minor discrepancies in the earlier versions written by the other Arabs in their dialect under the guidance of Allah. Allah has declared in Q15.9 that WE sent down the reminder(Qur'an) and we shall be its guardian. He has promised to protect HIS final Reminder to humanity from corruption by humans as they did with the previous Revelations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AgentNairaland(f): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
AbuTwins:

One can say in Yoruba. "Awa la se e". We cooked it. And this is informal.

It is a feature of literary style in Arabic that a person may refer to himself by the pronoun nahnu (we) for respect or glorification. He may also use the word ana (I), indicating one person, or the third person huwa (he). All three styles are used in the Qur’an, where Allaah addresses the Arabs in their own tongue.
(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/143).

“Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, sometimes refers to Himself in the singular, by name or by use of a pronoun, and sometimes by use of the plural, as in the phrase (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, We have given you a manifest victory” [al-Fath 48:1], and other similar phrases. But Allaah never refers to Himself by use of the dual, because the plural refers to the respect that He deserves, and may refer to His names and attributes, whereas the dual refers to a specific number (and nothing else), and He is far above that.”
(Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 75).

These words, innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), and other forms of the plural, may be used by one person speaking on behalf of a group, or they may be used by one person for purposes of respect or glorification, as is done by some monarchs when they issue statements or decrees in which they say “We have decided…” etc. [This is known in English as “The Royal We” – Translator]. In such cases, only one person is speaking but the plural is used for respect. The One Who is more deserving of respect than any other is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, so when He says in the Qur’an innaa (“Verily We”) and nahnu (“We”), it is for respect and glorification, not to indicate plurality of numbers. If an aayah of this type is causing confusion, it is essential to refer to the clear, unambiguous aayaat for clarification, and if a Christian, for example, insists on taking ayaat such as “Verily, We: it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e., the Qur’an)” [al-Hijr 15:9 – interpretation of the meaning] as proof of divine plurality, we may refute this claim by quoting such clear and unambiguous aayaat as (interpretation of the meanings): “And your god is One God, there is none who has the right to be worshipped but He, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful” [al-Baqarah 2:163] and “Say: He is Allaah, the One” [al-Ikhlaas 112:1] – and other aayaat which can only be interpreted in one way. Thus confusion will be dispelled for the one who is seeking the truth. Every time Allaah uses the plural to refer to Himself, it is based on the respect and honour that He deserves, and on the great number of His names and attributes, and on the great number of His troops and angels.”
(Reference: Al-‘Aqeedah al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 109). And Allaah knows best.

You've said it, I crossed what you said that "Awa la nse e" . "AWA" as u mentioned there has to do with group of people, Allah used the same "AWA" you need to get it clear Bro.. I quoted another verse where Allah used "US" See don't be confused

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
tintingz:
How can this be proven that a book came from a divine being that reside in the sky? And to make it more complicated the book was written in a cave.

I don't understand why Muslims are not skeptical about such claim.

I can't believe we're still responding to something like this in 2019 where information is available everywhere, but well it's our duty...

You think the Prophet sat in a cave to write the Qur'an shocked cry? Sadly no. The first revelation was gotten in the cave. That only comprised of the first 5 verses of Surah 96. The rest was revealed over a period of 23 years in bits and compiled into book form thereafter.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Pnaman: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
AgentNairaland:

You've said it, I crossed what you said that "Awa la nse e" . "AWA" as u mentioned there has to do with group of people, Allah used the same "AWA" you need to get it clear Bro.. I quoted another verse where Allah used "US" See don't be confused
this the wost religion on earth ...ISLAM

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AgentNairaland(f): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

In the semitic language(Hebrew, Aramaic,Arabic etc...), there is the plural of numbers and the plural of reverence. Same with our own Yoruba language. Royals us 'we' when addressing their subjects, so it shouldn't be a strange thing to you.

Same 'we' was used in the Torah(OT) 2000 years before Jesus, the Jews are not confused by this concept, none of them ever attributed the pluralization to the trinity.Hope you understand.

You've said it all, ROYAL "WE" "US" they are used for a person who is a MONARCH or belongs to a ROYAL family.. Now the question is which ROYAL FAMILY OR FAMILIES Allah belongs to?? PLEASE ANSWER THIS

[s]Same 'we' was used in the Torah(OT) 2000 years before Jesus, the Jews are not confused by this concept, none of them ever attributed the pluralization to the trinity.Hope you understand.[/quote][/s]

CAN YOU JUST QUOTE THE VERSE FOR MORE EXPLANATION.. I am here to explain things to u

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

In the semitic language(Hebrew, Aramaic,Arabic etc...), there is the plural of numbers and the plural of reverence. Same with our own Yoruba language. Royals us 'we' when addressing their subjects, so it shouldn't be a strange thing to you.

Same 'we' was used in the Torah(OT) 2000 years before Jesus, the Jews are not confused by this concept, none of them ever attributed the pluralization to the trinity.Hope you understand.

I believe I've responded to this if you can care to scroll up. The Jews are also unanimous about the oneness of God, yet plural pronouns were attributed to God in the Books of Moses.

Allah is Maalik-ul-Mulk, King of Kings, Owner of all Dominion. He can address Himself anyhow He chooses.

AgentNairaland:

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
AgentNairaland:

You've said it all, ROYAL "WE" "US" they are used for a person who is a MONARCH or belongs to a ROYAL family.. Now the question is which ROYAL FAMILY OR FAMILIES Allah belongs to?? PLEASE ANSWER THIS

[s]Same 'we' was used in the Torah(OT) 2000 years before Jesus, the Jews are not confused by this concept, none of them ever attributed the pluralization to the trinity.Hope you understand.[/s]

CAN YOU JUST QUOTE THE VERSE FOR MORE EXPLANATION.. I am here to explain things to u

Quote which verse? Why did you strike through my response? You haven't explained anything to me. Why do you think we was used in the scriptures?
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by usermane(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
AbuTwins:
The Noble Quran is the eternal miracle of the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) because all the miracles of the Prophets, May Allah Exalt their mention, ended with their death, except our Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) whose miracle is still preserved. This everlasting miracle is The Book of Allah and His Revealed Speech that {Falsehood cannot approach it from before it or from behind it} [Quran 41:42]
Allah, The Almighty, Confirms this fact, when He Says (what means):
{And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the Words of Allah.} [Quran 9:6]
{Those who remained behind will say when you set out toward the war booty to take it, "Let us follow you." They wish to change the Words of Allah.} [Quran 48:15]

Those two verses prove that the Quran is the Words and Speech of Allah, The Almighty, that He Has Revealed to His Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention). Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullaah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) used to invite people to Islam during the Hajj season and would say, “Who are willing to give me asylum so that I can convey the Speech of my Lord, for the Quraysh have prevented me from conveying the Speech of my Lord.” [At-Tirmithi and Ahmad]

Hence, the Quran is the Speech of Allah as unanimously agreed upon by all Muslims.
This fact is supported by several logical and tangible pieces of evidence including the following:
- The polytheists failed to produce a single verse, let alone a single Chapter, or a whole book like the Quran despite the fact that they were utterly determined and extremely motivated to oppose and falsify the call of the Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention). Furthermore, we must remember that they were the masters of the Arabic language, in which the Quran was revealed. Certainly, this constitutes a definitive proof that the Quran is the Speech of Allah, The Lord of The Worlds, not that of humans.
- The Quran foretold many matters of the unseen and made several prophecies that were all fulfilled exactly as they were foretold. For example, the Persians defeated the Byzantines in one of their battles and the Quran recorded this defeat foretelling that the Byzantines would defeat the Persians within three to nine years and this is what actually happened. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {The Byzantines have been defeated * In the nearest land. But they, after their defeat, will overcome. * Within three to nine years.} [Quran 30: 2-4]
- The Quran includes many miraculous scientific facts that were only discovered fourteen centuries later. For example, the Quran told us about a barrier separating the salty water from the fresh water not to mix with each other. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {He Released the two seas, meeting [side by side]; * Between them is a barrier [so] neither of them transgresses.} [Quran 55:19,20]

After about fourteen centuries, modern science confirmed this scientific fact.
- When one reads the Book of Allah, he goes into a state of peace and tranquility unlike the human speeches or writings. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."} [Quran 13:28]
- The Quran is also a cure and it expels the devils when it is recited. Allah, The Almighty, Says (what means): {And We send down of the Quran that which is healing and mercy for the believers...} [Quran 17:82]

Of course, it is almost impossible to list all the evidences that prove that the Quran is the Speech of Allah in this article; however, we will conclude with the words of Al-Waleed ibn Al-Mugheerah, who was one of the senior leaders of the polytheists of Quraysh, about the Quran. He said, “What can I say? Whether it is about prose or poetry, or the poems of the Jinns, I possess greater knowledge than any other man. By God! The words spoken by this man cannot be compared with any of the others. By God, his words possess a charming sweetness and a particular beauty. The branches of his speech are laden with fruit while its roots are firmly entrenched in the soil from whence it proceeds. It is superior to all other discourses, and it is not possible for any other discourse to show it in poor light. For a surety it will conquer anything that comes under its own influence!” [Al-Haakim and Al-Bayhaqi]

This is the Quran, the Speech of Allah that has been challenging humankind and proving its inability to produce something to its effect as to its eloquence, wise judgments, and authentic news. The challenge is still valid, and the inability of mankind to face that challenge remains. Thus, the Quran will remain the everlasting Argument of Allah, The Almighty, against all opponents and disbelievers.
The Qur'an is learnt by heart by millions of Muslims worldwide.

Islamweb.net

What do to think of this verse;

70:40
I swear by the Lord of the two east and two west, that We are surely able to.

Who is "I", "the Lord", "We"? Who is talking in this verse?

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by tintingz(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

I can't believe we're still responding to something like this in 2019 where information is available everywhere, but well it's our duty...

You think the Prophet sat in a cave to write the Qur'an shocked cry? Sadly no. The first revelation was gotten in the cave. That only comprised of the first 5 verses of Surah 96. The rest was revealed over a period of 23 years in bits and compiled into book form thereafter.

The Qur'an still begs sceptical questions on how it was produced, it claim of divinity.

2 Likes

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Akpan107(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Common, You Can't Use "WE" As Respect.. "We" is a plural word, in Youruba it's "AWA" . Just tell us from the verse I shown you, it's clearly stated therein that Allah is the one spoken from the verse. So therefore, is Allah more than ONE?

Until, when he comes to Us, he says, “Oh,
would that there had been between me and
you the distance of the two
easts !” (Quran 43:38 )
Allah uses "Us" again
You can only use the "Royal We" In a kingdom where there are council of chiefs or kingmaker.

In such kingdom the King has to consult his chiefs before a law will be made, and the King will now declare to his subjects that "we" have declare such law effective.

When you say "Royal We" you're only confusing those who don't care to know truth about Islam.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Greatgreatest(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

No, firstly Uthman was not a prophet. Uthman and the other companions that compiled the final copy of the Qur'an were alive at the time of Muhammad(PBUH). The had also memorised the Qur'an in his lifetime. All they did was edit the minor discrepancies in the earlier versions written by the other Arabs in their dialect under the guidance of Allah. Allah has declared in Q15.9 that WE sent down the reminder(Qur'an) and we shall be its guardian. He has promised to protect HIS final Reminder to humanity from corruption by humans as they did with the previous Revelations.

Okay,
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
usermane:

smiley smiley smiley

Can be confusing for one who isn't familiar with reading the Qur'an. All are Allah. He refers to Himself in singular, plural and swears by Himself too. He also swore by Himself 3 times in surah 91( Ash Shams).He just doesn't mention His name directly like we do when we say Wallahi

Also that's interpretation isn't correct; mashaariq wal maghaarib can be best translated to Risings and settings, not 2 easts and 2 wests
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by true2god: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
AbuTwins:

Ahad means One and only! One plural does not exist in Islam and English.

Whatever we do three times was legislated to be done three times. In some there maybe are other options! Like marrying up to 4 wives.
According to muslims, the quran is the word of allah from A - Z; no human words or input are contained in the quran. Well lets look at surah Alfathiha (the opener) to confirm if TRULY the quran is the word of allah:

QURAN 1:1-7: In the Name of Allah—the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. All praise is for Allah—Lord of all worlds, the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgment.You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help. Guide us along the Straight Path,the Path of those You have blessed—not those You are displeased with, or those who are astray.

Who is the one speaking in the quranic verses above?
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by usermane(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

smiley smiley smiley

Can be confusing for one who isn't familiar with reading the Qur'an. All are Allah. He refers to Himself in singular, plural and swears by Himself too. He also swore by Himself 3 times in surah 91( Ash Shams).He just doesn't mention His name directly like we do when we say Wallahi

Language don't work that way. You don't swear by yourself. You don't address yourself in first person singular and plural and in third person in the same sentence. It's like a statement like this; "I swear by the president of Nigeria, that I am surely able to". Can this statement be attributed to Buhari, the president?

No where does Allah swear by himself in chapter 91. I've studied the Qur'an since 2013, I do not recall Allah swearing by himself.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Akpan107(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
AbuTwins:

But Muhammad was not lettered. He couldn't read nor write.
This simply means you are either ignorant or simply stupid.

Nobody ever told Muhammad to read.

Muhammad was only told to recite and he kept saying he can't recite.

You could only be able to recite what you have only known before or read before, but the Angel of Allah kept quising him to recite...

You can't asked an illiterate to recite! Only if you don't know the meaning of recite.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AgentNairaland(f): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
Akpan107:

You can only use the "Royal We" In a kingdom where there are council of chiefs or kingmaker.

In such kingdom the King has to consult his chiefs before a law will be made, and the King will now declare to his subjects that "we" have declare such law effective.

When you say "Royal We" you're only confusing those who don't care to know truth about Islam.

The truth is that we want to know the Royal family Allah belongs to for using "We" and "Us"
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AgentNairaland(f): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
k4kenny:

Quote which verse? Why did you strike through my response? You haven't explained anything to me. Why do you think we was used in the scriptures?

Which of Your response did I striked through with?? I asked a general question base on the headline and shown two verses from the glorious Quran if it's Allah spoken from the two verses by using "WE" and "US" since Allah is ONE
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by true2god: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
AbuTwins:
The Noble Quran is the eternal miracle of the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) because all the miracles of the Prophets, May Allah Exalt their mention, ended with their death, except our Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) whose miracle is still preserved. This everlasting miracle is The Book of Allah and His Revealed Speech that {Falsehood cannot approach it from before it or from behind it} [Quran 41:42]
Allah, The Almighty, Confirms this fact, when He Says (what means):
{And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the Words of Allah.} [Quran 9:6]
{Those who remained behind will say when you set out toward the war booty to take it, "Let us follow you." They wish to change the Words of Allah.} [Quran 48:15]

Those two verses prove that the Quran is the Words and Speech of Allah, The Almighty, that He Has Revealed to His Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention). Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullaah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) used to invite people to Islam during the Hajj season and would say, “Who are willing to give me asylum so that I can convey the Speech of my Lord, for the Quraysh have prevented me from conveying the Speech of my Lord.” [At-Tirmithi and Ahmad]

Hence, the Quran is the Speech of Allah as unanimously agreed upon by all Muslims.
This fact is supported by several logical and tangible pieces of evidence including the following:
- The polytheists failed to produce a single verse, let alone a single Chapter, or a whole book like the Quran despite the fact that they were utterly determined and extremely motivated to oppose and falsify the call of the Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention). Furthermore, we must remember that they were the masters of the Arabic language, in which the Quran was revealed. Certainly, this constitutes a definitive proof that the Quran is the Speech of Allah, The Lord of The Worlds, not that of humans.
- The Quran foretold many matters of the unseen and made several prophecies that were all fulfilled exactly as they were foretold. For example, the Persians defeated the Byzantines in one of their battles and the Quran recorded this defeat foretelling that the Byzantines would defeat the Persians within three to nine years and this is what actually happened. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {The Byzantines have been defeated * In the nearest land. But they, after their defeat, will overcome. * Within three to nine years.} [Quran 30: 2-4]
- The Quran includes many miraculous scientific facts that were only discovered fourteen centuries later. For example, the Quran told us about a barrier separating the salty water from the fresh water not to mix with each other. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {He Released the two seas, meeting [side by side]; * Between them is a barrier [so] neither of them transgresses.} [Quran 55:19,20]

After about fourteen centuries, modern science confirmed this scientific fact.
- When one reads the Book of Allah, he goes into a state of peace and tranquility unlike the human speeches or writings. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): {Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."} [Quran 13:28]
- The Quran is also a cure and it expels the devils when it is recited. Allah, The Almighty, Says (what means): {And We send down of the Quran that which is healing and mercy for the believers...} [Quran 17:82]

Of course, it is almost impossible to list all the evidences that prove that the Quran is the Speech of Allah in this article; however, we will conclude with the words of Al-Waleed ibn Al-Mugheerah, who was one of the senior leaders of the polytheists of Quraysh, about the Quran. He said, “What can I say? Whether it is about prose or poetry, or the poems of the Jinns, I possess greater knowledge than any other man. By God! The words spoken by this man cannot be compared with any of the others. By God, his words possess a charming sweetness and a particular beauty. The branches of his speech are laden with fruit while its roots are firmly entrenched in the soil from whence it proceeds. It is superior to all other discourses, and it is not possible for any other discourse to show it in poor light. For a surety it will conquer anything that comes under its own influence!” [Al-Haakim and Al-Bayhaqi]

This is the Quran, the Speech of Allah that has been challenging humankind and proving its inability to produce something to its effect as to its eloquence, wise judgments, and authentic news. The challenge is still valid, and the inability of mankind to face that challenge remains. Thus, the Quran will remain the everlasting Argument of Allah, The Almighty, against all opponents and disbelievers.
The Qur'an is learnt by heart by millions of Muslims worldwide.

Islamweb.net
The quote below caught my attention and I think I need to get it clarified. This is never a prophecy becuae the incident had already occurred before the so-called revelation. Please dont make it look as if allah and T.B Joshua are competing for who is the best in terms of giving fake prophecies. See your post and check out the corresponding hadith that nullified your claim.

The Quran foretold many matters of the unseen and made several prophecies that were all fulfilled exactly as they were foretold. For example, the Persians defeated the Byzantines in one of their battles and the Quran recorded this defeat foretelling that the Byzantines would defeat the Persians within three to nine years and this is what actually happened. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): [b]{The Byzantines have been defeated * In the nearest land. But they, after their defeat, will overcome. * Within three to nine years.} [Quran 30: 2-4][/b]

Narrated Niyar bin Mukram Al-Aslami:
"When (the following) was revealed: 'Alif Lam Mim. The Romans have been defeated. In the nearest land, and they, after their defeat, will be victorious in Bid' years (30:1-4).' - on the day that these Ayat were revealed, the Persians had defeated the Romans, and the Muslims had wanted the Romans to be victorious over them, because they were the people of the Book. So Allah said about that: 'And on that day, the believers will rejoice - with the help of Allah. He helps whom He wills, and He is the Almighty, the Most Merciful (30:4 & 5). The Quraish wanted the Persians to be victorious since they were not people of the Book, nor did they believe in the Resurrection. So when Allah revealed these Ayat, Abu Bakr As-Siddiq, may Allah be pleased with him, went out, proclaiming throughout Makkah: 'Alif Lam Mim. The Romans have been defeated. In the nearest land, and they, after their defeat, will be victorious, in Bid' years (30:1-4).' Some of the Quraish said: 'Then this is (a bet) between us and you. Your companion claims that the Romans will defeat the Persians in Bid' years, so why have have a bet on that between us and you?' Abu Bakr said: 'Yes.' This was before betting has been forbidden. So Abu Bakr and the idolaters made a bet, and they said to Abu Bakr: 'What do you think - Bid' means something between three and nine years, so let us agree on the middle.' So they agreed on six years; Then six years passed without the Romans being victorious. The idolaters took what they won in the bet from Abu Bakr. When the seventh year came and the Romans were finally victorious over the Persians, the Muslims rebuked Abu Bakr for agreeing to six years. He said: 'Because Allah said: 'In Bid' years.' At that time, many people became Muslims."
English reference : Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 3194
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Akpan107(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
mcmurphy132:
We can also be use as sign of respect
Stop confusing yourself. Also read the bellow Sura.

70:40-41
No! Indeed We have created them from that which they know

So, l swear by the Lord of [all] rising and settings We are able.

Why should Allah swear by another Lord?
Yet the "We" is one Allah!

You guys are just funny!
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by Akpan107(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
AgentNairaland:

The truth is that we want to know the Royal family Allah belongs to for using "We" and "Us"
Hahaha...

Brother, these people are just too funny.

I just posted another clear confusion in the Quran Sura 70:40-41

Reads

So, I swear by the Lord of [all] rising and settings We are able.

The question is, why will Allah have to swear with another Lord.

The above is the clear example of the "We" they talk about.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by true2god: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
true2god:
The quote below caught my attention and I think I need to get it clarified. This is never a prophecy becuae the incident had already occurred before the so-called revelation. Please dont make it look as if allah and T.B Joshua are competing for who is the best in terms of giving fake prophecies. See your post and check out the corresponding hadith that nullified your claim.

The Quran foretold many matters of the unseen and made several prophecies that were all fulfilled exactly as they were foretold. For example, the Persians defeated the Byzantines in one of their battles and the Quran recorded this defeat foretelling that the Byzantines would defeat the Persians within three to nine years and this is what actually happened. Allah, The Exalted, Says (what means): [b]{The Byzantines have been defeated * In the nearest land. But they, after their defeat, will overcome. * Within three to nine years.} [Quran 30: 2-4][/b]

"When (the following) was revealed: 'Alif Lam Mim. The Romans have been defeated. In the nearest land, and they, after their defeat, will be victorious in Bid' years (30:1-4).' - on the day that these Ayat were revealed, the Persians had defeated the Romans, and the Muslims had wanted the Romans to be victorious over them, because they were the people of the Book. So Allah said about that: 'And on that day, the believers will rejoice - with the help of Allah. He helps whom He wills, and He is the Almighty, the Most Merciful (30:4 & 5). The Quraish wanted the Persians to be victorious since they were not people of the Book, nor did they believe in the Resurrection. So when Allah revealed these Ayat, Abu Bakr As-Siddiq, may Allah be pleased with him, went out, proclaiming throughout Makkah: 'Alif Lam Mim. The Romans have been defeated. In the nearest land, and they, after their defeat, will be victorious, in Bid' years (30:1-4).' Some of the Quraish said: 'Then this is (a bet) between us and you. Your companion claims that the Romans will defeat the Persians in Bid' years, so why have have a bet on that between us and you?' Abu Bakr said: 'Yes.' This was before betting has been forbidden. So Abu Bakr and the idolaters made a bet, and they said to Abu Bakr: 'What do you think - Bid' means something between three and nine years, so let us agree on the middle.' So they agreed on six years; Then six years passed without the Romans being victorious. The idolaters took what they won in the bet from Abu Bakr. When the seventh year came and the Romans were finally victorious over the Persians, the Muslims rebuked Abu Bakr for agreeing to six years. He said: 'Because Allah said: 'In Bid' years.' At that time, many people became Muslims."
And again if you take a closer look at this hadith, the narrator confirmed that the battle was swinging from one people to another (the persian and the byzantine won and lost many battles because it was prolonged).

So using a stalement in a battle as a prophecy to confirm the validity of the quran is ridiculous. The 'prophecy', with respect to what al-tirmidi penned down as narrated by Niyar bin Mukram Al-Aslami was never a prophecy becauise the issue had occured before the revelation. It is like T.B Joshua saying there will be xenophobic attack in SA, and later it will stop for a while and will start again while the issue is in progress. Read the hadith i referenced closely and carefully.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AgentNairaland(f): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2019
Akpan107:
Hahaha...

Brother, these people are just too funny.

I just posted another clear confusion in the Quran Sura 70:40-41

Reads

So, I swear by the Lord of [all] rising and settings We are able.

The question is, why will Allah have to swear with another Lord.

The above is the clear example of the "We" they talk about.

Is like Allah has Another God because me self I'm not understanding... Look at this verse where Allah and His Angels pray for prophet Muhammad saw

Verily, Allah and His angels pray (yusalloona) for the prophet . O ye who believe! pray for him (salloo) and salute him with a salutation! Quran 33:56..
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2019
usermane:

Language don't work that way. You don't swear by yourself. You don't address yourself in first person singular and plural and in third person in the same sentence. It's like a statement like this; "I swear by the president of Nigeria, that I am surely able to". Can this statement be attributed to Buhari, the president?

No where does Allah swear by himself in chapter 91. I've studied the Qur'an since 2013, I do not recall Allah swearing by himself.

He is Allah, the Greatest, The Creator of the 7 heavens, the earth and all that exists. He can address humanity anyhow He pleases. He is incomparable to anything that exists. So yes, He refers to Himself in singular, Plural, 3rd Person, swears by His creations ( the sun, moon, day, night, dawn, Judgement day...)and sometimes by Himself. Who are we to question His Words?
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AbuTwins: 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
usermane:

This is a common in the Qur'an. Allah swears by His creations or by Himself.

"We" as used is for glorification not plural. I have explained this before up there.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AbuTwins: 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
true2god:

I don't get you. If it was not a Prophecy then what were they waiting for in the hadith above?

The Romans ware fighting with the Persians and the later was winning.
The Qur'an predicted that Romans would win in the stated years time.

And that happened!
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by AbuTwins: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
Akpan107:
Nobody ever told Muhammad to read.

Muhammad was only told to recite and he kept saying he can't recite.

You could only be able to recite what you have only known before or read before, but the Angel of Allah kept quising him to recite...

You can't asked an illiterate to recite! Only if you don't know the meaning of recite.

He was asked to recite what was inspired to him by heart. The literal meaning of Qur'an is "recitation" i.e. what is being recite.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by usermane(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
AbuTwins:

This is a common in the Qur'an. Allah swears by His creations or by Himself.

"We" as used is for glorification not plural. I have explained this before up there.

Can you show one verse where Allah swears by himself?

The verse reads more like someone, likely an angel was speaking to Muhammad. This is the clearest impression.
Re: The Quran Is The Speech Of Allah by k4kenny(f): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Which of Your response did I striked through with?? I asked a general question base on the headline and shown two verses from the glorious Quran if it's Allah spoken from the two verses by using "WE" and "US" since Allah is ONE

God referring to Himself in plurals is not peculiar to the Qur'an Genesis 1.26: let Us create man in OUR own image...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happens In The Grave When You Are Dead According To Islam / 3 Lessons From The Just Concluded Ramadan. / Open Question, Allah Failed Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.