Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (84270 Views)

Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by favour32(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
The next level is yet to start.
This is just a tip of the iceberg.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by uuzba(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
Risingblue008:
Out of 24hrs a day,NEPA dey giv us light for 2hrs,whr d other 22hrs of light go,I no knw,so I'll say d power authority r trying, grin
You are even lucky.
I live somewhere in down lekki expressway, Lagos. We don't even have transformer.
It is solar panel I've been using for the past 3 years. There's no hope for NEPA.

2 Likes

Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Isoduwa(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
Give Nigerian 24hrs light

Nigerian will be better than Canada American Zimbabwe South Africa Ghana

1 Like

Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by yommen: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
BizBayo:
If it won't translate to 24hrs non stop power supply, then its a scam.

Bro, you had better not pray for a blessing that will hunt your pocket. If you enjoy 24 hour supply with the new tariff, get ready to pay much more.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
I read that one America former ambassador to Nigeria, said that Nigerians always complain about their government,. This pattern of life have increased a damaging psych to most Nigerians. Are you aware that 24 hours light, through all days in a week and thru 365 days and counting is yours if you complain about yourself.
follow greenifysolar at instagram if you have to spare 350k - ?millions
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
AND THEY SAY, they want to help d poor. chai naija which way coolAND THEY SAY, they want to help d poor. chai naija which way
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Orpe7(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
Yet when u travel along Niger state even for afternoon na so those aboki go on their bulb dey waste light for their shops
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by ccollins(m): 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
So Benin disco will be paying the highest rate in the country, when we have the poorest light supply in the country angry talk about rip off by BEDC. Today makes it 9 days straight since we last saw light in my area,it has become a normal occurence to take light for some days every month,i guess they are trying to conserve their mega watts or something undecided. Coupled with the fact that when they eventually decide to give us light, its usually at night when everyone is asleep,they will take it at 6 am before you wake up angry angry angry

Inspite of the fact that we dont have light, they will still bring bill of 10k per month, maybe now they will bring 20k per month lol, they have purposely refused to distribute meters so they can keep ripping Nigerians off.
get a lawyer to write to them.once the lawyer threatens them.they will reduce the tariffs sharply
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by aspiring44: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
What is the effect of the increase?
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by renewable1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Did you know you can save your 4hours daily phcn energy and get 10hours of it with our unique, portable and efficient device?
For booking and enquiry contact 08159908317
Nationwide delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDFdvd0tFc
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by orjikenneth6(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
If it's possible let govt increase it 2 #100 that's thier business
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Nathaniel88: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
This is the only country that forces people to pay for darkness
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by vickydevoka(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
That God for illegal connections
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Kingchineme6(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
So Benin disco will be paying the highest rate in the country, when we have the poorest light supply in the country angry talk about rip off by BEDC. Today makes it 9 days straight since we last saw light in my area,it has become a normal occurence to take light for some days every month,i guess they are trying to conserve their mega watts or something undecided. Coupled with the fact that when they eventually decide to give us light, its usually at night when everyone is asleep,they will take it at 6 am before you wake up angry angry angry

Inspite of the fact that we dont have light, they will still bring bill of 10k per month, maybe now they will bring 20k per month lol, they have purposely refused to distribute meters so they can keep ripping Nigerians off.
You said it all
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by otokx(m): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
Duggedised12:

BEDC again, you guys should protest through your senators, house of rep members, governors, etc.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
its called MYTO, every six months elec tariff is increased, unfortunately the poor service by the discos makes the increase look like a rip off.

in my area theres been no supply for 2 months now yet bills keep coming, power sector privatization was a big mistake.

the old nepa and phcn was much better .
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by frowland(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
FarahAideed:
This wicked govt has increased Tarriff thrice in 5 years with nothing to show for it!! During the last increment they claimed it was necessary to for DISCOs to distribute meter and improve electricity yet we saw nothing and now they want to increase it again

Lol, Govt increase tarrif?
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by nonjebose(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
Great. We will pay.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Vikkkilee: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nop, I have not even started,
NnamdiN:
the dropshipping didn't work?
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by odukoko(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
Duggedised12:

today will make it 96 days since we have light.transformers cables are been stolen thru ekiti state.i think it's a conspiracy from Bedc to conserve the power been distributed
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by ogundeleai(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
Any household not equipped with prepaid meters your own is finish... Even at 24.97 some people bill has accumulated to over 100k now that they have added 7 on top don't be suprise if residential houses now in tune of 1m debt
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by olex88: 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nawa oooo
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
BizBayo:
If it won't translate to 24hrs non stop power supply, then its a scam.

Here in maitama, Abuja. We have at least 22 hours of light daily. Some days, it is even 23 hours.

So, honestly I cannot complain.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by djon78(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
martowskin1:

All this u wrote is for mention, but of a true is beyond that

U have been mentally damaged but u are unaware .... I wonder how old u are....

The attention u seek and crave for, u have gotten it, well done

I am not seeking any attention. What I said is the truth . why will East pay more in comparison to West and North.
And the person controlling Enugu is still an Igbo man. Why will he charge more?
Answer me with facts don't just start talking off point.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by FarahAideed: 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
frowland:

Lol, Govt increase tarrif?

Keep fooling yourself ..The DISCOs can never increase Tarriff without approval of FG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by TeamSimple(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
whisper88:
Why are some more expensive than others, and the cheaper ones feel like APC controlled states
Everything Na APC vs PDP for una myopic eye . Even after reading that Benin has the highest increase you still spewing thrash
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by WorkTheTalk(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Paying of this tariff would not be a problem if there was constant power supply
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Awesometessy: 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
As in ehhh. No be small disco we go dance dis time oo. May God help us.
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by Conceptman: 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Country wey no get light wey wan dey distribute light to other countries. Next level of strict torture
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by osazsky(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
When are they increasing minimum wage I mean real increment o not on paper,imagine if it were pdp this happened and fuel 145 with salary still remain f same them for don do occupy Nigeria season 6,were is ezekwesili they have all become chickens in this administration, afonjas and nort are evil cuz is thier own person that increased it without proportionate increment in salaries nobody is talking + and - sign Buhari has reduced my salary by 65% it has never been this worst for public servants like us spits
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by engrchykae(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
so enugu and benin will pay more than lagos kano kaduna and ibadan when the state who pay less enjoy more light than those who pay more.
when we talk about our own country some moro.ns will be foaming in their buccal cavity
Re: The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos by chuckdelis: 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Next levels electricity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of General Alkali Dead Body Found By The Nigerian Army / El-Zakzaky: Shiite Members Protest In Abuja Despite Lockdown, Rock Face Masks / Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Declares Uzodinma Winner Of Imo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.