Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity (45264 Views)

Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her / Laura Ikeji,Jon Ogah, Harry Itie, Simi, Others Nominated For The 2018 Now Awards / Tiwa Savage, Tboss, Simi, Others All Stylish On The Red Carpet Of AFRIMA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by DevilhimseIf: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
midolian:
Sincerely speaking, we ve never had it this good..

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

Prior to 2015, a week would go by and the only light we would see's sunlight.

[/s]
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by midolian(m): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
we all are jubilating because we are in rainy season but watch out when dey season comes bk and our dams dry you go know whether Nigeria Na dsame. I hv bn witnessing it every year during raining season light will be steady but once we don dey reach around November story go come bk
Man, it has been like this since 2015. Maybe it's been rainy season since then

2 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
caprini1:
Visit the east first before you say stuffs.
So why do your brothers call Fashola the minister of darkness?

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by lathrowinger: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kylekent59:

Buhari kor,

Back then in 2011/2012 during the time of Ohakim as the Governor of Imo state, I lived in owerri, there was 24 hours power supply for over 2 weeks, even if it gets intermittent, it wouldn't take up to 15 mins and it's restored back.

The state Governor should be praised and not the Federal Government.

Praise Sanwo Olu and not Buhari, you are in Lagos state don't forget.

Yiiiibo, must u complain
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Mrfeel: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
jafol:
Meanwhile the people from the yeast don’t have light and are not happy with progress in southwest lol

Lol have you been to Enugu before? When it comes to electricity Enugu beats all the Southwest States,
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:
Bro don't mind them

Nigeria gets majority of its energy from Gas powered plants.

How does raining season affect gas distribution or those involved in pipeline vandalism?

3 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mrfeel:

Lol have you been to Enugu before? When it comes to electricity Enugu beats all the Southwest States,

If you are enjoying the electricity better than those claiming they have enjoyed 24/7 electricity for two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Juve4(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
amaniro:
I believe light supply has increased everywhere in Nigeria. Even Abuja.
Bros I stay in pH, ada_george for two weeks now we never see flash ooooh.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Mrfeel: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:

If you are enjoying the electricity better than those claiming they have enjoyed 24/7 electricity for two weeks.

Fashola has nothing to do with the electricity in Enugu Enugu has been enjoying 24 hour electricity for many many years now , in Nigeria the best states with electricity even back in those days was Enugu and some part of Jos rayfield to be precised enjoyed light 24/7
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Omoslim26: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
This Country is suffering no be small ordinary light and some useless people will still be dragging my region is better than your region foolish jobless mofos

order quality and affordable waist trainers and body shapers from onanshops west Africa call or watsapp 09026602661

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Toroso: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
You just can’t wait to expose your foolishness
Kylekent59:

Buhari kor,

Back then in 2011/2012 during the time of Ohakim as the Governor of Imo state, I lived in owerri, there was 24 hours power supply for over 2 weeks, even if it gets intermittent, it wouldn't take up to 15 mins and it's restored back.

The state Governor should be praised and not the Federal Government.

Praise Sanwo Olu and not Buhari, you are in Lagos state don't forget.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by WorkTheTalk(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Alright now
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mrfeel:

Fashola has nothing to do with the electricity in Enugu Enugu has been enjoying 24 hour electricity for many many years now , in Nigeria the best states with electricity even back in those days was Enugu and some part of Jos rayfield to be precised enjoyed light 24/7
Really!

But your brothers claim the gains made by Jonathan have been reversed under Fashola

They said he is the minister of Darkness

Apparently tho, Enugu has been enjoying 24/7 electricity in that period.

Nonetheless, going by assertion, Areas under Enugu distribution company should also be enjoying the same privileges i.e Imo, Anambra , Eboyi and Abia state.

So why are your brothers always the ones with loudest voice when it comes to condemning Fashola?

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

you have your phone?. there is Google
Peak generation ever attained in Nigeria is 5,222.3mw, and that was sometime in February 2019; and I'm not sure it even lasted up to 24 hours before dropping again below 5000mw. The first time Nigeria's power generation ever crossed the 5000mw mark was in January 2016; once again, it didnt even last up to 24 hours before dropping again.

Since 1999 till date, Nigeria's power generation has hovered around averages of 2000 to 4000mw average; peak generation ever attained was 5222 mw and that was in 2019 as I already mentioned above. Nigeria's power generation has never hit 6000mw.

So I ask you again, what beer parlour do you get your statistics from claiming that power generation was hitting 6000mw during the reign of GEJ?.... You advised me to hit google, try and be honest with yourself, have you bothered googling to confirm what you wrote up there?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/309349-nigerias-power-generation-increases-in-january-tcn.html

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Mrfeel: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Really!

But your brothers claim the gains made by Jonathan have been reversed under Fashola

They said he is the minister of Darkness

Apparently tho, Enugu has been enjoying 24/7 electricity in that period.

Nonetheless, going by assertion, Areas under Enugu distribution company should also be enjoying the same privileges i.e Imo, Anambra , Eboyi and Abia state.

So why are your brothers always the ones with loudest voice when it comes to condemning Fashola?

I can only speak for Enugu, I can't speak for other states, besides that fashola is called the minister of darkness by you South West you are the ones living in darkness, from the Twitter comments of how excited those in Lagos are excited for having constant light for just 2 weeks shows the darkness they have been in
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Why do you people lie like this

We have never distributed more than 4000mw in our entire history.

This happened in 2016 during the early days of Buhari

It was only 3000mw milestone we celebrated under Jonathan.

However, we now have 7500mw generating capacity as against 4000mw_5000mw we had under Jonathan.
https://punchng.com/my-govts-performance-in-power-supply-not-good-enough-buhari/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/327200-nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further-to-2919mw.html

https://m.guardian.ng/news/power-capacity-hits-6000mw-as-jonathan-commissions-fct-substation/
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obentenyson(m): 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
and we go sey light no dey naija.. some people are having 247 power now because they agree to pay more than usual.. I thought the megawatts no dey enough.. na some areas for Lagos go suffer am. neighbouring towns of magodo will suffer darkness in their place..
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:

Peak generation ever attained in Nigeria is 5,222.3mw, and that was sometime in February 2019; and I'm not sure it even lasted up to 24 hours before dropping again below 5000mw. The first time Nigeria's power generation ever crossed the 5000mw mark was in January 2016; once again, it didnt even last up to 24 hours before dropping again.

Since 1999 till date, Nigeria's power generation has hovered around averages of 2000 to 4000mw average; peak generation ever attained was 5222 mw and that was in 2019 as I already mentioned above. Nigeria's power generation has never hit 6000mw.

So I ask you again, what beer parlour do you get your statistics from claiming that power generation was hitting 6000mw during the reign of GEJ?.... You advised me to hit google, try and be honest with yourself, have you bothered googling to confirm what you wrote up there?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/309349-nigerias-power-generation-increases-in-january-tcn.html

https://m.guardian.ng/news/power-capacity-hits-6000mw-as-jonathan-commissions-fct-substation/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/327200-nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further-to-2919mw.html
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Kinggeezu: 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Man we ain't new to this in my area !! We have 24 hours power supply for straight 5 days in a week maybe that's because we all use Prepaid meters in our area �

2 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro don't mind them

Nigeria gets majority of its energy from Gas powered plants.

How does raining season affect gas distribution or those involved in pipeline vandalism?
When there is a high load demand on the system and say for example, one major power plant shuts down for whatever reason, the strain on the system becomes even more critical and this could lead to a total system shutdown.

Now how does rainy season affect or help the overall power grid?.... In the peak of rainy season when the dams are full, power generation from hydro dam reaches the peak and helps to stabilise the overall grid. So even if for whatever reason, one or 2 thermal power plants shutdown, the stable power pumped into the grid from hydro plants will somehow still sustain the grid and prevent a total system collapse.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obentenyson(m): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
uwa244:
I wish similar move is replicated in Benin city by BEDC.
they are paying premium... the ones wey u dey pay u still dey complain sey e too much, some of u dey owe 100k and u want make them replicate what was done at magodo in ur place.... u go just sell your house to pay NEPA Bill.. at the end them go still cut ur light

2 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:
Maybe your side don improve but as I dey reply your quote dey just took off light, that's to prove to you dat all is not yet ok in power sector
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by caprini1: 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Which one of my brothers do you know? the fair or dark one? grin
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

If I have a car that has the capacity to hit 220km/h, but I have only driven it to speeds of 120km/h, what that simply means is that the peak speed my car has ever attained is 120km/h, not 220km/h.

There is a difference between power generating capacity and actual generated power.

Talking of capacity, I believe Nigeria's generation capacity presently is about 7500mw, but that is not to say we have ever hit that level before.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by midolian(m): 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
Maybe your side don improve but as I dey reply your quote dey just took off light, that's to prove to you dat all is not yet ok in power sector
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerians! grin
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Bbbwings: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:
Sincerely speaking, we ve never had it this good..

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

You're crazy
Now I know why Nigerians will always get the short stick in life
The same ilorin where I dey where we get light for only six hours a day
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by madjune(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nigerians and perennial power problem.

Buhari is really trying. But, trust me. Nothing good lasts in the fking country.

Even if he succeeds in providing 24hr light supply daily, subsequent govt will still fk it up.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by midolian(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bbbwings:

You're crazy
Now I know why Nigerians will always get the short stick in life
The same ilorin where I dey where we get light for only six hours a day
Your father is crazy. What have you done about it?

weyrey!

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by mikelis135: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

LolzzzzzzZZzzzz

2 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:

If I have a car that has the capacity to hit 220km/h, but I have only driven it to speeds of 120km/h, what that simply means is that the peak speed my car has ever attained is 120km/h, not 220km/h.

There is a difference between power generating capacity and actual generated power.
We are running on below 3000 now. Jonathan improved on what he met on ground but buhari reduced it
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by okeniti: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
The more stable the light, the higher bill will be. Please pay bills on time people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Preaches Forgiveness, Fans Tell Her To Forgive Churchill / Venita Akpofure Shares Sultry Swimming Pool Photos / Dija Shares Photos Of Her Father And Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.