Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity (45236 Views)

Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her / Laura Ikeji,Jon Ogah, Harry Itie, Simi, Others Nominated For The 2018 Now Awards / Tiwa Savage, Tboss, Simi, Others All Stylish On The Red Carpet Of AFRIMA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Bluesearoll(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
Why do people like to comment for everybody, here in Akure it's getting worse by the day, now it's around 1hr to 3 hrs a day. Infact we've not had light since Friday. It's bad enough
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by KingGBsky(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:
Sincerely speaking, we ve never had it this good..

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.
Prior to 2015, a week would go by and the only light we would see's sunlight.

Shut up your mouth and speak for your area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/327200-nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further-to-2919mw.html
We are running on below 3000 now. Jonathan improved on what he met on ground but buhari reduced it
Like I said before, peak generation is different from average generation. Nigerias average generation has always fluctuated betweeen roughly 2000 and 4000mw since 1999 till today.

As a matter of fact again, the very week when GEJ was preparing to hand over to PMB, power generation dropped to 1327mw.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

Under GEJs time, just like it happens today, there aslo used to be total system collapses where power generation the nation over dropped to zero... It isnt a new thing.

So quit confusing yourself with this erroneous subjective argument of yours that it was better under A or under B. If you must even compare vague figures, why dont you also consider that the Peak generation under GEJ never got up to 5000mw but it has since surpassed that?... Why also dont you compare with verifiable data that peak generation capacity which was about 6000mw pre 2015 is now over 7000mw?...

How exactly did you arrive at your amusing conclusion that GEJ increased power and Buhari reduced it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by KingGBsky(m): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
When will “Up NEPA” stop in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by KingGBsky(m): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
post=81598202:

You even have time replying such kind of terrible people.
They breath nothing but hatred for their country 24/7.
They are better left alone.

Their wailing is our ring tone! cheesy

And you are enjoying Buhari light in your area too? Until your neighbors swear for you
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:

When there is a high load demand on the system and say for example, one major power plant shuts down for whatever reason, the strain on the system becomes even more critical and this could lead to a total system shutdown.

Now how does rainy season affect or help the overall power grid?.... In the peak of rainy season when the dams are full, power generation from hydro dam reaches the peak and helps to stabilise the overall grid. So even if for whatever reason, one or 2 thermal power plants shutdown, the stable power pumped into the grid from hydro plants will somehow still sustain the grid and prevent a total system collapse.
@ emboldened

How many dams generate electricity in Nigeria?

And how many of that contribution is going to the national grid to make a significant difference?

Only Kanji dam contributes significantly to the national grid.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Studyinchina200(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
OK. Continue
midolian:
Sincerely speaking, we ve never had it this good..

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

Prior to 2015, a week would go by and the only light we would see's sunlight.

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by KingGBsky(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
immaculate1234:
Wow thanks to Buhari where I am in Benin City, Ikpoba Hill TBS we only have light only 3 hours a day that is around 3am to 6am sometimes BEDC don’t even bring it

Thank you PMB for this we enjoy the blackout

Shallow thinkers everywhere

Broda I live in the same area with you. Light is worse in this area totally. I wonder what Benin people did to this BEDC
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by KingGBsky(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Adexvivacity:
Some people never pray for better Nigeria under Buhari. They will go ahead to explode any installed system that will make light to be stable.
Nobody is 100% perfect but Buhari's emergence is a blessing to Nigeria despite many saboteurs.
NAIRA is their answer.

God will continue to punish all the backward Buhari supporters. God punish you all. I don’t have light
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/327200-nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further-to-2919mw.html
We are running on below 3000 now. Jonathan improved on what he met on ground but buhari reduced it
Like I said before, the day GEJ handed over power to buhati, power generation was 1327mw.

In summary, just have this in mind and quit trying to turn facts upside down for a needless political argument - Nigeria's power generation has always fluctuated between averages of 2000 and 4000mw, regardless of who was/is power.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mrfeel:

I can only speak for Enugu, I can't speak for other states, besides that fashola is called the minister of darkness by you South West you are the ones living in darkness, from the Twitter comments of how excited those in Lagos are excited for having constant light for just 2 weeks shows the darkness they have been in
This is a boldface lie

90% of the comments against Fashola comes from Eastern region of Nigeria.

The comments from Lagos shows that people are excited about the changes going on in the Power sector. Still, majority of the antagonist on twitter and even here on nairaland were Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by LewinskyMon: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
sad
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by IDnoble1: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
amaniro:
I believe light supply has increased everywhere in Nigeria. Even Abuja.
Not everywhere bror, some areas still suffer
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by ajericho(m): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kylekent59:

Buhari kor,

Back then in 2011/2012 during the time of Ohakim as the Governor of Imo state, I lived in owerri, there was 24 hours power supply for over 2 weeks, even if it gets intermittent, it wouldn't take up to 15 mins and it's restored back.

The state Governor should be praised and not the Federal Government.

Praise Sanwo Olu and not Buhari, you are in Lagos state don't forget.

Story teller
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by ikennamadu1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

State Government? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I give up on your hatred for Buhari!

I don't know why people from your end hate Buhari so much without basis. If he fails to do a thing, you curse him; if he does, you curse him still..Or you give the credit to someone else with a stewpid justification for doing so.

Which light.. During Jonathan's regime... Power here in imo state was 23 hours a day.. But now.. 6hours self naa war
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

lies from fashola and osibade

what we have now is even less than 3000mw.
Jonathan improved what he met on ground while buhari reduced what Jonathan left for him.
You are obviously slow

There's difference between installed capacity and generating capacity.

Whilst generating capacity can fluctuate, installed capacity can only increase

Jonathan exaggerated the installled capacity during his tenure because it was never more than 5000+ at best which I clearly stated earlier.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
Like I said before, the day GEJ handed over power to buhati, power generation was 1327mw.

In summary, just have this in mind and quit tryin g to turn facts upside down for a needless political argument - Nigeria's power generation has always fluctuated between averages of 2000 and 4000mw, regardless of who was/is power.
lies! there was never a time when power was that low under Gej.

did Gej not improved what was on ground? what has buhari added to what he met on ground?

here is buhari admitting that he performed poorly in the power sector
https://punchng.com/my-govts-performance-in-power-supply-not-good-enough-buhari/
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

lies from fashola and osibade

what we have now is even less than 3000mw.
Jonathan improved what he met on ground while buhari reduced what Jonathan left for him.
niaralandtopuser:

lies! there was never a time when power was that low under Gej.

did Gej not improved what was on ground? what has buhari added to what he met on ground?

here is buhari admitting that he performed poorly in the power sector
https://punchng.com/my-govts-performance-in-power-supply-not-good-enough-buhari/
If you aren't a child, then I would be shocked. So maybe I should break it down for you as a minor.

Do you know the meaning of the word 'average'?

Do you understand what it means when someone says something "fluctuates between 2000 and 4000mw"?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

The link above shows that power generation even on the week GEJ left office was less than 2000mw. Do you still undersatand the meaning of the word 'average' especially when I repeatedly say the power generation averages between 2000-4000mw?
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You are obviously slow

Jonathan exaggerated the installled capacity during his tenure because it was never more than 5000+ at best which I clearly stated earlier.

Lol... I think that guy is a child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You are obviously slow

how did you figure out it was over exaggerated when no one came out to fault his claim.

here is buhari admitting poor performance in the power sector
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:

If you aren't a child, then I would be shocked.
look at the idiot who claims power was 1000+ when Gej handed over to buhari but can't seem to prove it.

the man said he performed poorly but here you are defending him
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Iamgrey5(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

how did you figure out it was over exaggerated when no one came out to fault his claim.

here is buhari admitting poor performance in the power sector
Gosh

Electricity generation involves three stages.

Production (generation), Transmission and distribution.

You said we distributed over 6000mw of Electricity under Jonathan which is not true, we have only distributed 4000mw in our entire history.

We don't even have the ability to transmit above 2000mw that until 2014 when the government brought in some people from Canada to improve our old stations.

@ power generation

There's also a diffrence between installed capacity and current power generation.

Power Generation can fluctuate with time, if we don't have enough fuel e.g. gas for powering gas plant and water for dams or if power stations shut down.

Hope you understand!
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Princesscutes1(f): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Here in Enugu, we dey suffer for electricity since 2016
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Adexvivacity(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingGBsky:

God will continue to punish all the backward Buhari supporters. God punish you all. I don’t have light

You sound like a hungry mob.
Send me your account number for me to assist your life.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Kylekent59: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
ikennamadu1:

Which light.. During Jonathan's regime... Power here in imo state was 23 hours a day.. But now.. 6hours self naa war

That's what I was telling them, they kept on quoting me.

They comment based on a particular area instead of the whole 36 states.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Raskasal(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
In my area at Ikorodu... we use light for 23 hrs a day. And it's like that everyday for the past 1 Month. What amazes me is that we now get very responsive messages from ikeja electric. Dey are trying sha. May God help sha
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Kylekent59: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
ajericho:

Story teller

Instead of attacking me, why not go and verify.

SMH
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by naijajobx: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
ohh
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by KingGBsky(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Adexvivacity:

You sound like a hungry mob.
Send me your account number for me to assist your life.

God punish you join
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Skmoda360(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
amaniro:
I believe light supply has increased everywhere in Nigeria. Even Abuja.
light is poor in Akure joor I was in Akure last week for a wedding I no set my eyes on light for 3days I spent except generator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teni Collects Phone From Fan Recording Her On Stage, Then Rocks Him (video) / Linda Ikeji: 'How I React When My Friends Call Me Baby Mama' / Niniola Receives Grammy Certificate (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.