Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity (45243 Views)

Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her / Laura Ikeji,Jon Ogah, Harry Itie, Simi, Others Nominated For The 2018 Now Awards / Tiwa Savage, Tboss, Simi, Others All Stylish On The Red Carpet Of AFRIMA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by RTSC2: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
lathrowinger:

Yiiiibo, must u complain
Because yiibo.don't pay tax. Abi?
No wonder, afonja are the only people supporting buhari in the south.

They have practically turned everybody against him.
A Fulani man for that matter.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
The Big Brother house is at Magodo, that;s y
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Shawlambivert(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
Seconded. I live in Ilorin too. It's so much better.
midolian:
Sincerely speaking, we ve never had it this good..

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

Prior to 2015, a week would go by and the only light we would see's sunlight.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

"At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable"
Mr man speak for your state and not the entire nation

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

look at the idiot who claims power was 1000+ when Gej handed over to buhari but can't seem to prove it.

the man said he performed poorly but here you are defending him
https://punchng.com/my-govts-performance-in-power-supply-not-good-enough-buhari/
Hahaha... Me?Idiot?.. Lord av merci!

I posted a news weblink every single time I mentioned that power dropped to 1327mw before handover in 2015, but of course you are so engrossed in your delusion to even bother opening the links I posted... and now you have the audacity to call me an idiot all for your own intellectual laziness?... Kaiii! ... In all honesty, who do you really think is the idiot between us both?

Obviously you're one of those people on this forum who think every discussion must be about a Buhari vs Gej or apc vs pdp matter; and of course whenever they remotely think or assume an argument might be steered in that direction, common sense instantly flies out the window.

I told you average power in Nigeria has always fluctuated between of 2000mw and 4000mw since 1999 to date, and whilst you argued blindly that the power sector was utopian (even up to 6000mw shocked) under GEJ, I pointed out with verifiable reference that power generation even fell to as low as 1327mw a week before May 29th 2015 when GEJ left.

But of course I must truly have been an idiot expecting an individual with your brain capacity to even bother reading or comprehending the link I posted; an individual who still hasnt been able to comprehend the difference between 'generating capacity' and 'actual generated power' is who I want to read a report which has more than 2 paragraphs?

I will say goodbye by posting these link once again, not necessary for you (cos you obviously still wouldn't comprehend it), I will post this here only for other members of this forum to behold your ignorance.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

Historic data on daily power generation can be viewed on this NESO site.
https://www.nsong.org/Library.aspx
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5381093_powergen_jpeg1c9f6029b22df1fe842d7c86b55cae51
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingGBsky:

Broda I live in the same area with you. Light is worse in this area totally. I wonder what Benin people did to this BEDC
Benin city metropolis isn't paying enough
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by benji93: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Man what is your problem? you are not contributing logically to this exchange. Lies from Fashola and Osibanjo, was GEJ telling the truth too?. How can you confirm that? Perhaps a report from the power generating plants will suffice. I doubt GEJ even knows the difference between power generating capacity and actual power generated. That's the problem with this country, we have been electing leaders that don't know shit since the beginning of time. Our education is so bleeping out of place that the youths are everything but reasonable. Na so so blind argument. I honestly don't know what students in Nigeria are taught these days. Nigerian youths lack scholarship. Sit down and learn how to source for reliable information before you start a long lime of arguments or suggestions. I am not exempting the other parties involved in this argument-if they are guilty of being illogical.
niaralandtopuser:

lies from fashola and osibade
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/327200-nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further-to-2919mw.html

what we have now is even less than 3000mw.
Jonathan improved what he met on ground while buhari reduced what Jonathan left for him.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Raxxye(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

Guy speak for your street and area; I'm sure you don't live 'everywhere" in Nigeria!
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
Hahaha... Me?Idiot?.. Lord av merci!

I posted a news weblink every single time I mentioned that power dropped to 1327mw before handover in 2015, but of course you were so so engrossed in your delusion to even bother opening the links I posted... and now you have the audacity to call me an idiot for being unable to prove my claim?... Kaiii! ... In all honesty, who do you really think is the idiot between us both?

Obviously you're one of those people on this forum who think every discussion must be about a Buhari vs Gej or apc vs pdp matter; and of course whenever they remotely think or assume an argument might be steered in that direction, common sense instantly flies away from the window and becomes a luxury.

I told you average power in Nigeria has always fluctuated between of 2000mw and 4000mw since 1999 to date, and whilst you argued blindly that the power sector was utopian under GEJ, I pointed out with verifiable reference that power generation even fell to as low as 1327mw a week before May 29th 2015.

But of course I must truly have been an idiot expecting an individual with your brain capacity to even bother reading or comprehending the link I posted; an individual who still hasnt been able to comprehend the difference between 'generating capacity' and 'actual generated power'.

I will say goodbye by posting these link once again, not necessary for you (cos you obviously still wouldn't comprehend it), I will post this here only for other members of this forum to behold your ignorance.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html
your link only talks about brief moment when power came down due to strike and shutdown. it was never the true situation of power.
if we had to use same logic , then there was a time power was 0mw under buhari
https://punchng.com/power-generation-crumbles-to-0mw-for-several-hours/
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Lastanza: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
All ya keep blabing government this government that. No body cares to read or even comprehend simple sentence. This has nothing to do with power improvements but sort of vip package for those that can afford it.
From what is written up there, each and every one of us can have uninterrupted power so long as you can pay extra bucks. They are paying much more extra hence the steady supply
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
benji93:
Man what is your problem? you are not contributing logically to this exchange. Lies from Fashola and Osibanjo, was GEJ telling the truth too?. How can you confirm that? Perhaps a report from the power generating plants will suffice. I doubt GEJ even knows the difference between power generating capacity and actual power generated. That's the problem with this country, we have been electing leaders that don't know shit since the beginning of time. Our education is so bleeping out of place that the youths are everything but reasonable. Na so so blind argument. I honestly don't know what students in Nigeria are taught these days. Nigerian youths lack scholarship. Sit down and learn how to source for reliable information before you start a long lime of arguments or suggestions. I am not exempting the other parties involved in this argument-if they are guilty of being illogical.
get off my mention if you have nothing reasonable to type
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

your link only talks about brief moment when power came down due to strike and shutdown. it was never the true situation of power.
if we had to use same logic , then there was a time power was 0mw under buhari
https://punchng.com/power-generation-crumbles-to-0mw-for-several-hours/
But do you now understand the meaning of the word 'average'?.... I said average power has always fluctuated between 2000 and 4000mw since 1999. Of course there were times it peaked over 5000mw and times it fell to 1000mw and even zero, but average has always been between 2k and 4k.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
amaniro:
I believe light supply has increased everywhere in Nigeria. Even Abuja.
Next time lie well instead of exaggeration
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
But do you now understand the meaning of the word 'average'?.... I said average power has always fluctuated between 2000 and 4000mw since 1999. Of course there were times it peaked over 5000mw and times it fell to 1000mw and even zero, but average has always been between 2k and 4k.
I didn't argue that. I only had problem when you said power was 1000+ under Gej.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:

I don't think we ever had zero under Gej.

my point is that buhari never improved on what Gej left but Gej actually improved on what he met on ground
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

I didn't argue that. I only had problem when you said power was 1000+ under Gej.
I repeatedly pointed out that power had always fluctuated between a range of 2k-4k megawatts, and that has always been the case since 1999 to date. Sometimes it falls below, sometimes it rises above, I only mentioned the drop to 1000+ because you were hell-bent on painting a utopian picture even first claiming that power was hitting peaks of 6000mw under GEJ and then now around 3000mw currently. That was a bizarre misconception which I believe was purely driven by political sentiments.

Oga power supply is the last thing anyone should ever try to use to argue politics cos power supply since I was born has always been shiit in Nigeria.

Historic data on daily power generation figuted can be viewed on this NESO site.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

I don't think we ever had zero under Gej.

my point is that buhari never improved on what Gej left but Gej actually improved on what he met on ground
You see what I keep saying, you're just hell bent on driving a pilitical argument here, albeit with just conjectures. Quit trying to go political here, power sector performance is the last area anyone should ever attempt to use for politics. There has never been a year when a total grid collapse has not happened since 1999 till date. In previous years, there wasnt a sharp political divide in Nigeria along the apc vs pdp lines, so there was never a need for the news on grid collapses to be amplified as political points.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
I repeatedly pointed out that power had always fluctuated between a range of 2k-4k megawatts, and that has always been the case since 1999 to date. Sometimes it falls below, sometimes it rises above, I only mentioned the drop to 1000+ because you were hell-bent on painting a utopian picture even first claiming that power was hitting peaks of 6000mw under GEJ and then now around 3000mw currently. That was a bizarre misconception which I believe was purely driven by political sentiments.

Oga power supply is the last thng anyone should ever try to use to argue politics cos power supply since I was born has always been shiit in Nigeria.

Historic data on daily power generation figuted can be viewed on this NESO site.
I provided a link where it was said power was 6k+
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

I provided a link where it was said power was 6k+
'Available Capacity' not 'Actual Generation'. They aren't the same thing.

Meanwhile the available capacity as at 2019 Feb is now over 7600mw. You can read this report below.
The system operator put the nation’s installed generation capacity at 12,910.40MW; available capacity at 7,652.60MW; transmission wheeling capacity at 8,100MW; and the peak generation ever attained at 5,375MW.
https://punchng.com/power-generation-loses-1108mw-drops-to-3456mw/
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
You see what I keep saying, you're just hell bent on driving a pilitical argument here, albeit with just conjectures. Quit trying to go political here, power sector performance is the last area anyone should ever attempt to use for politics. There has never been a year when a total grid collapse has not happened since 1999 till date. In previous years, there wasnt a sharp political divide in Nigeria along the apc vs pdp lines, so there was never a need for the news on grid collapses to be amplified as political points.
The whole post is filled with political comments. My first comment was actually looking at it from a political angle so you should have just scroll down to the next one if you are not interested in talking politics.
I may need you to provide a link to back up your claim of power hitting zero every year because I haven't heard about it anywhere
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
'Available Capacity' not 'Actual Generation'. They aren't the same thing.

Meanwhile the available capacity as at 2019 Feb is now over 7600mw. You can read this report below.

https://punchng.com/power-generation-loses-1108mw-drops-to-3456mw/
We had an all-time high of 9936mw in 2015.
Goodluck was talking about actual generation not available capacity
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

We had an all-time high of 9936mw in 2015.
Goodluck was talking about actual generation not available capacity
Huh? 9936mw?... you mean 6636mw?... Both figures are false though, we've never had up to even 5500mw.
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
obailala:
Huh? 9936mw?... you mean 6636mw?... Both figures are false though, we've never had up to even 5500mw.
https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/nigeria/electricity-production
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/nigeria/electricity-production
Hehehe.. bro, Gigawatt-Hour (GWh) isn't the same thing as Megawatt (MW).
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Topmaike007(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

sunlight no be light, Pls stop it if it's a joke
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Mypeople2(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2019
midolian:

Bros you better stop that .For almost three weeks ,we can not boast of 8hours light,even 40minutes for the past one week .Throughout this year we have not slept with PHCN light .It is that bad and you are here generalizing
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 26, 2019
obailala:
Hehehe.. bro, Gigawatt-Hour (GWh) isn't the same thing as Megawatt (MW).
it was still clear that we had the highest in 2015 but you choose to focus on the writer mistakes. it only takes a few seconds to figure out that the writer was talking about MW. even South Africa don't generate 9000+GW of electricity
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by dotedote: 7:00am On Aug 26, 2019
bluebay:

Oga lemme correct you. Only privatized sectors are performing better now. Stop giving credit to the government for I remember privatization of the refineries was on key reason Jonathan was voted out and nothing can be said about same refinery. If we begin to count, we won’t end today.

Privatisation of the refineries wasn't the reason the fool was voted out.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Gabbyraze(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2019
alot of people read and dont understand, or could it be they chose not to read? abi una no see "Premium power" for there? make una try dey understand na, biko
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by mimee9(f): 8:26am On Aug 26, 2019
more than 24hrs in my area
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by obailala(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

it was still clear that we had the highest in 2015 but you choose to focus on the writer mistakes. it only takes a few seconds to figure out that the writer was talking about MW. even South Africa don't generate 9000+GW of electricity
You're truly a sorry case. So after I told you there's a difference between GW-h and MW or GW, you still couldnt comprehend that but have come back to call it writer mistake?... shocked

Oboy who do you this thing?.... Your village people must be very wicked... I remember you asked me yestrday to use google, but are you so illiterate that you cannot use that same google to quickly check the difference between GW-h and GW or MW but instead you keep coming back online to disgrace your education? Pardon my harsh words but this you compulsive learning disorder has now got me pissed. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Moment Jackie Appiah Fell Down During A Dance Competition / Dija Shares Photos Of Her Father And Mother / Toyin Lawani Forces Jaruma To Eat (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.