Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity (45238 Views)

Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her / Laura Ikeji,Jon Ogah, Harry Itie, Simi, Others Nominated For The 2018 Now Awards / Tiwa Savage, Tboss, Simi, Others All Stylish On The Red Carpet Of AFRIMA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Oluwolex2000(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Singer Simi and other residents of Magodo Estate are currently in a state of disbelief and have applauded Ikeja Electric Plc (IE) for providing stable electricity to them, following the signing of the Premium Power Agreement.

The deal initiative is a power purchase agreement under the Willing Buyer, Willing Seller initiative issued by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).

It entails a commitment to specific service level standards while the customer agrees to pay a tariff that is above the current MYTO tariff.

At the contract signing ceremony, two weeks ago, the chief operating officer of Ikeja Electric, Folake Soetan, expressed confidence in the success of the trend-setting agreement which she noted was in line with the FG’s “willing seller, willing buyer” policy.

“We are confident that this agreement will serve as a model for other power agreements in the power sector because, while it is in line with the FG policy, it also reflects our unwavering commitment to our customers.

This has also been made possible by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission’s directive to DisCos to provide an enabling environment with exceptional service delivery,” she said.

Source: https://www.inoutnaija.com/2019/08/simi-others-astonished-as-residents.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by midolian(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sincerely speaking, we ve never had it this good..

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

Prior to 2015, a week would go by and the only light we would see's sunlight.

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by blesskewe(f): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
In Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Kylekent59: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

Politics aside, Buhari's emergence as president of this raped country is the best thing to have happened to it.

Buhari kor,

Back then in 2011/2012 during the time of Ohakim as the Governor of Imo state, I lived in owerri, there was 24 hours power supply for over 2 weeks, even if it gets intermittent, it wouldn't take up to 15 mins and it's restored back.

The state Governor should be praised and not the Federal Government.

Praise Sanwo Olu and not Buhari, you are in Lagos state don't forget.

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by midolian(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kylekent59:

Buhari kor,

Back then in 2011/2012 during the time of Ohakim as the Governor of Imo state, I lived in owerri, there was 24 hours power supply for over 2 weeks, even if it gets intermittent, it wouldn't take up to 15 mins and it's restored back.

The state Government should be praised and not the Federal Government.

State Government? cheesy cheesy cheesy

I give up on your hatred for Buhari!

I don't know why people from your end hate Buhari so much without basis. If he fails to do a thing, you curse him; if he does, you curse him still..Or you give the credit to someone else with a stewpid justification for doing so.

112 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by amaniro: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
I believe light supply has increased everywhere in Nigeria. Even Abuja.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Kylekent59: 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

You can say whatever you want, some of us have auto correct switched on, so laugh out that weed you took this morning grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by universaltv: 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
wink lol
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Wigetsolar: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
shocked
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Freemanbobble: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Okay
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by SolarKing247: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Yes, all our Clients too are enjoying it at very affordable rate. Sop waiting on the Government, create your own future. Contact us for you Fueless Solar Generator.

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Wigetsolar: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
shocked
That is good. Okokomaiko, Egbeda and co nko?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Onlinealaba(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Does a single highbrow part of Lagos reflect the reality on ground in the other part of the country well still is a nice development

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

16 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by ikezuora4689(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
They should wait for 2 or 3 months before rejoicing because I trust my country they can change your laughter to sadness anytime.... Nigerian 2019 we are still talking about lights �������

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by snowland(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
I'll come back to comment later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Biritiko: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
Kylekent59:

Buhari kor,

The state Governor should be praised and not the Federal Government.

Praise Sanwo Olu and not Buhari, you are in Lagos state don't forget.
[/s]
Lamentations of a pained ass ipobian.
If something bad happens , na Buhari .
But when something good happens, you then remember that there’s a state Governor.
You go dy alright las las

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by SirLakes: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
I experienced this in my hood for just 1 day sometimes 2015.

But today I still dey ask, Where is the light grin

1 Like

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nigeria has been so basstadized that citizens now thank Government for electricity. What a shame! What a country! What a people!

As a nation, you people have no shame.

Jesus Wept.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by africandollar: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Just because y'all had 24/7 electricity for just 1 week you are already getting high and showering praises? That's why Nigerians are so gullible and it doesn't take much for the useless politicians to bribe you into voting for them. How about measuring the performance over say at least a year? Or would a business be deemed successful if it makes profit in a week only to lose it as well as the capital over the remaining 358 days?

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Sweetcollins: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Is it Evan's handiwork?
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by karnafiu03(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
If u want to enjoy 24/7 power supply, come to BIU, BORNO STATE....I swear, i can't remember when last dey take our light.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

Since 2015, power supply here in Kwara has been to a great extent, stable. At least 12hours a day anywhere in Nigeria, when compared to how it used to be is Stable.

there is actually less power now than in 2015. the only thing that change is the distribution. it is now being done with bias . some area get improve supply while some get zero supply.

before gej handover, we were distributing close to 6000mw but now we are just on 3000+

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by DonDaniDee(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Very terrible. I still can't imagine the joy of having steady light for just one week now. This post just made me remember light wahala in naija. Over two years now I can't even remember what it is like to see electricity go off. It is well

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
amaniro:
I believe light supply has increased everywhere in Nigeria. Even Abuja.
Reverse is the case in Niger!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by landforeast(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
Yeah in my side for Ikeja we enjoy almost 22 hours
Think they have improved but not everywhere
Was at my brothers place at Ojo and they are seriously complaining about light

4 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

I don't know why people from your end hate Buhari so much without basis. If he fails to do a thing, you curse him; if he does, you curse him still..Or you give the credit to someone else with a stewpid justification for doing so.

You even have time replying such kind of terrible people.
They breath nothing but hatred for their country 24/7.
They are better left alone.

Their wailing is our ring tone! cheesy

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by bluebay(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
midolian:

Oga lemme correct you. Only privatized sectors are performing better now. Stop giving credit to the government for I remember privatization of the refineries was on key reason Jonathan was voted out and nothing can be said about same refinery. If we begin to count, we won’t end today.

6 Likes

Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by helinues: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
grin

While I have never experienced 7 days uninterrupted light in Nigeria before
Re: Simi, Others Astonished As Magodo Residents Enjoy 24/7 Electricity by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Where is Sanwoolu residential home ? That's the first question

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji: 'How I React When My Friends Call Me Baby Mama' / Niniola Receives Grammy Certificate (Photo) / Chidinma Ekile Poses With Awilo Logomba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.