Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers (67985 Views)

Little Girl Found Lost And Drifting At Sea By A Cruise Boat (pics/video) / Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 27, 2019
Too bad.
I know it may sound odd but every human needs to learn how to use the waters, it can save at a time like this.
Rip to the lost souls.

4 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Larryfest(m): 7:44am On Aug 27, 2019
NL won't move this to the FP now but if na irrelevant news now it would have been there even without any comment...

4 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Logobenz3: 7:47am On Aug 27, 2019
J111333:
Too bad.
I know it may sound odd but every human needs to learn how to use the waters, it may save at a time like this.
Rip to the lost souls.
There is nothing anyone could do in that vessel.
It fell to it's aide almost immediately and started sucking in water fast.
What would you have done?
The people that survived it were mostly seated outside,not women and children and a few men who were in the vessel's passenger hold way below or the common room,both at the base of the vessel.
If not for the speedy intervention of the BIR(a military that works),I wonder what could have happened to all of these people.
COMATRANS should answer for their crimes.
Enough is enough!!

4 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Hotworta1: 7:48am On Aug 27, 2019
Nigerian media will not see this to broadcast immediately. Na news on who was making out under duvet dem sabi carry sharp sharp. Mtcheew.

My phobia for water ehn. Even as I have a love one who's always at big seas,,,I keep praying for Gods guidance and protection over him.

Rip to those who lost their life...to those who lost goods worth millions,,God's gonna replenish them Amen.

Bros when is the thanksgiving? I want to attend o.

12 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Logobenz3: 7:48am On Aug 27, 2019
Larryfest:
NL won't move this to the FP now but if na irrelevant news now it would have been there even without any comment...
Don't mind them.
Forcing irrelevance down our throats all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Logobenz3: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2019
Hotworta1:
Nigerian media will not see this to broadcast immediately. Na news on who was making out under duvet dem sabi carry sharp sharp. Mtcheew.

My phobia for water ehn. Even as I have a love one who's always at big seas,,,I keep praying for Gods guidance and protection over him.

Rip to those who lost their life...to those who lost goods worth millions,,God's gonna replenish them Amen.

Bros when is the thanksgiving? I want to attend o.
sure I will just gather a small group of people and loved ones to celebrate this.
Was a miracle walahi.

2 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
The people that survived it were mostly seated outside,not women and children and a few men who were in the vessel's passenger hold way below or the common room,both at the base of the vessel.
If not for the speedy intervention of the BIR(a military that works),I wonder what could have happened to all of these people.
Enough is enough!!
Having the ability to swim can keep one alive long enough to be rescued.

5 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Logobenz3: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2019
J111333:
Having the ability to swim can keep one alive long enough to be rescued.
You are not getting it.
The people that were inside were trapped within the vessel and went down with it since it capsized.
The impact alone would render many unconscious.
There is Nothing even the best swimmer can do at that point.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by nadesh(f): 8:04am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
Enough is enough!!
am asking as a novice, What are women and children doing in a ship ?
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Logobenz3: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2019
nadesh:

The same thing women and children do in a jetliner or a bus.travelling.
The Austrheim is both for passengers and cargo.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Hotworta1: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2019
nadesh:

My dear go and watch TITANIC. You will get ur answer
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by nadesh(f): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
The Austrheim is both for passengers and cargo.
Ok because i thought it was only for cargo

2 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by charzyh2: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2019
Amuatulu:
sad
how are you?
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2019
charzyh2:
how are you?

Am good smiley
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by charzyh2: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2019
Amuatulu:

Am good smiley
please inbox me "charsyh62@gmail.com". let's discuss.
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by pacino26(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
The Austrheim is both for passengers[m and cargo.

Now it's clear. I got same info on fb and I was wondering why I cargo vessel with less than 25 crew will be conveying 100+.

3 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by lasthero: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
More..

Livesaving that looks like molestation. Kudos to the guy
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Spatta: 11:04am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
I write this with a lot of pain and grief. This was a bad one.

I woke up to a call yesterday of a loved one calling me and panting over the phone. I was like sister what's the problem?she shouted Amen upon hearing my voice.
I too, scared had to ask her again what the problem was?

She said that a vessel named Austrheim just sank at sea and knowing I do a lot of business with that route,she just had to call to make sure her loved one was not in it!

Actually I did not travel due to improper schedules of arrival of some of my commodities,making it impossible for my commodities to meet up with departure time of this particular vessel.
I was mad!!!little did I know that I was about to be saved of a huge financial loss that would have crippled me financially and put me in turmoil.
Every disappointment is indeed a blessing like people say.

At this point I just have to believe my mom's prayers actually works!

I was speechless,my heart fell in my stomach because I knew what it meant for me. Lots of money and lives lost!people have perished and livelihoods lost.

But at this point money isn't important but we should all give a moment of silence to the hustling men and women trying to make a living for themselves in those waters.

It left calabar on Saturday morning heading for tiko, Cameroon and never made it. It actually sank in the bakassi peninsula.

Word from survivors say it ran aground due to the captain's negligence and incompetence.

106 people have been rescued so far and I have started seeing missing person pictures of people I know too well and all I could do now is hope it is not what I think yet.

You are a wicked soul, from the tone on your write-up, you are a selfish individual who cares only for money, your Joy was that you did not travel on the vessel and you loss financially was averted how queer to have such though when you think about those who were unfortunate and the fact that a lady was being helped to live, the tone of your write-up suggest to my mind that you are so immature and childish
If money comes before life and especially that of others who were not so lucky, corruption has really taken a root in your soul

so sad to see the loss of lives in the process

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by bamasite(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2019
Lord have mercy!

This is sad. cry cry cry
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by horgarzer(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:

I woke up to a call yesterday of a loved one calling me and panting over the phone. I was like sister what's the problem?she shouted Amen upon hearing my voice.

She said that a vessel named Austrheim just sank at sea and knowing I do a lot of business with that route,she just had to call to make sure her loved one was not in it!

Actually I did not travel due to improper schedules of arrival of some of my commodities,making it impossible for my commodities to meet up with departure time of this particular vessel.
I was mad!!!little did I know that I was about to be saved of a huge financial loss that would have crippled me financially and put me in turmoil.

I was speechless,my heart fell in my stomach because I knew what it meant for me. Lots of money and lives lost!people have perished and livelihoods lost.

But at this point money isn't important but we should all give a moment of silence to the hustling men and women trying to make a living for themselves in those waters.

It left calabar on Saturday morning heading for tiko, Cameroon and never made it. It actually sank in the bakassi peninsula.

Word from survivors say it ran aground due to the captain's negligence and incompetence.

106 people have been rescued so far and I have started seeing missing person pictures of people I know too well and all I could do now is hope it is not what I think yet.

Congratulations bro
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by iHart(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2019
Hmmm,

One big market in Cameroon will be closing down. Chai!!!!

Plenty other businesses for Nigeria go lose customers, especially at Aba. Chai!!!
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by pyro62(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2019
Matthew 6:19-21 King James Version (KJV)
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

3 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Mizwisdom(f): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
Exactly.
Brenda caught fire immediately after berthing in Tiko.
Now Austrheim capsized murdering all this people ffs!
I am getting reports of casualties of people I know.
I think they should seal,sanction and fine COMATRANS so they can finally go extinct finally so a better company can come ply that route again.
Keep wasting people's lives and money.
Mtcheew!!!

I thought you gave the impression that it's owned by govt previously. May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace, so sorry for your loss
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by shakyum: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2019
may the Lord console the families sad
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Mizwisdom(f): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
You are not getting it.
The people that were inside were trapped within the vessel and went down with it since it capsized.
The impact alone would render many unconscious.
There is Nothing even the best swimmer can do at that point.

I see life jackets and a rescue team, thank God. Why do people use this route? I'm interested in this information, thanks
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by lawalosky(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
More..
shuuuuu. see pressing cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Goahead(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2019
So touching, may they be rescued alive. Amen!
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:
Exactly.
Brenda caught fire immediately after berthing in Tiko.
Now Austrheim capsized murdering all this people ffs!
I am getting reports of casualties of people I know.
I think they should seal,sanction and fine COMATRANS so they can finally go extinct finally so a better company can come ply that route again.
Keep wasting people's lives and money.
Mtcheew!!!

This could have been avoided. I thought the maritime industry's strictly regulated.
Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by baby124: 11:09am On Aug 27, 2019
No life jackets? That alone should have this company in some very big trouble.

5 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2019
Logobenz3:

when some of us talk about safety checks and insurance and sanctioning people with road worthless vehicles, you say we are speaking the english of employees who do not have businesses. you say nigeria is full of hustlers and these things do not matter. If we hear now that the captain did not have proper certification, what will you say? now see yourself sweating about how an accident could have ruined you. breadwinners will die in that boat because of the incompetence of the owner.

did they have enough life jackets for the passengers? did they have emergency procedures? did they have a rescue operation on standby? but all this is just English na. the important thing is hustle, no be so?

keep resting your business on prayers. just remember the people who were victims also have others praying for them

Logobenz3:
Really sad situation that could have been averted by proper crew,maintenance,professionalism and a functional shipping company.Not that group of fuckers called COMATRANS angry
Lives lost and billions of naira at the bottom of the ocean as we speak angry

why should a business waste time on any of these? na hustle. everyone has to survive. we have not reached this level yet . let them do that in Canada or US

12 Likes

Re: Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers by ifeanski: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2019
A Dutch doctor has appeared in court after performing euthanasia on a patient suffering with severe dementia. Prosecutors say the doctor did not do enough to verify consent. It is the first such case since the Netherlands legalised euthanasia in 2002. The 74-year-old patient was suffering from Alzheimer's disease when she died in 2016. The doctor allegedly sedated the woman and asked her family to hold her down as she administered a lethal drug. Prosecutors say the patient showed resistance during the process. The doctor, who has not been named, says she acted cautiously. Prosecutors say they are not seeking a prison sentence for the retired female doctor, but want to clarify how the euthanasia law applies to patients suffering from dementia. 'Why can't I die with dignity at home?' Assisted dying laws 'not fit for purpose'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby / Danfo And Conductor Is Peru (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.