Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? (1764 Views)

Men Will Treat You Base On How You Portray Yourself, / How Did People Treat You Before And After They Find Out You Were Rich? / "It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2019
Mine is very harshly. I have tattoos, I have very dark skin with a ruggedly goodlooking face. I bounce when I walk, and have obvious confidence.
People are fucking mean to me with their facial expressions, it's either someone is looking at me like they want to poison me or someone is looking at me with lust. But most of the time everyone is looking at me. I have learned to live with my stereotype, funny enough I'm very kind hearted but people judge my whole burna boy vibe very harshly before getting to even know me. Anyway enough about me, let's have a fun discuss.

What's your stereotype and how do society treat u at first impressions?
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by pocohantas(f): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2019
I have tattoos, I have very dark skin with a ruggedly goodlooking face. I bounce when I walk, and have obvious confidence

One person? lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2019
Lol, where I live there're many negative stereotypes about women from my tribe. So I often feel under surveillance. It's almost like people are waiting for me to do something "typical", but I enjoy disappointing them & proving them wrong grin

The other one is, people usually think I'm sweet, which I am for the most part. I'm so unassuming that they sometimes make the mistake of coming at me crazy, not knowing that I'm in fact a coiling mamba ready to strike if you bring your madness at my doorstep cheesy

I'm a bag of contradictions & I prefer it that way.

13 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2019
pocohantas:

One person? lipsrsealed

No wonder I'm such a threat to people undecided
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2019
This post is for socially intelligent people, dont tell me yall dont even understand yourselves and our you're perceived. I would be dissapionted in the ignorance

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2019
Depends on my location.
In Nigeria, I'm stereotyped based on my mixed race xteristics which translates into people staring, also being nice, formal, & helpful.mostly positive. And guys always feel they have to take a shot.
In SA, I'm stereotyped as neither black nor white,almost confusing. Too light to be black,not white enough to be white. This translates into indifference mostly from people. They look,acknowledge my presence and then turn away.
Outside Africa, I'm completely invisiblecheesy no one even sees or looks at me directly, but if they have to talk, it's usually courteous.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Newguyhere: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2019
mine is anytime people see me, they think I'm one rich yahoo boy cry(of which I'm not! ) to wear better cloth sef dey fear me these days undecided.
any young guy that dresses fine and looks good is automically tagged a yahoo boy undecided
Naija matter tire me
Everyone wants you to be miserable looking like them grin

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by mhizv(f): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2019
Lazy,ugly and unwilling. Just cos I'm on d fat side/chubby whichever.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2019
Badboibipo:
Mine is very harshly. I have tattoos, I have very dark skin with a ruggedly goodlooking face. I bounce when I walk, and have obvious confidence.
People are fucking mean to me with their facial expressions, it's either someone is looking at me like they want to poison me or someone is looking at me with lust. But most of the time everyone is looking at me. I have learned to live with my stereotype, funny enough I'm very kind hearted but people judge my whole burna boy vibe very harshly before getting to even know me. Anyway enough about me, let's have a fun discuss.

What's your stereotype and how do society treat u at first impressions?
people take me 4 a snub and a hater. Am a very reserved person i dont like to draw attention to myself. i cant go to a new environment and the start to show myself. People mistake that alot... Funny thing is when am around people am very familiar with, am the loudest.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:
Depends on my location.
In Nigeria, I'm stereotyped based on my mixed race xteristics which translates into people staring, also being nice, formal, & helpful.mostly positive. And guys always feel they have to take a shot.
In SA, I'm stereotyped as neither black nor white,almost confusing. Too light to be black,not white enough to be white. This translates into indifference mostly from people
. They look,acknowledge my presence and then turn away.
Outside Africa, I'm completely invisiblecheesy no one even sees or looks at me directly, but if they have to talk, it's usually courteous.

The bolded though is due to the fact that some Coloured people think they're better than blacks, hence nobody is too eager to embrace them. A baseless superiority complex is after all very offputting & people also have their own big egos that stand in the way of bridging the gap. I'm saying this because I know Coloured people very well & before you think I'm being biased. I have a Coloured mother, who thankfully, wasn't like the kind you normally find in Cape Town, for instance, even though that's where she's originally from. She spoke fluent Xhosa, like most Coloureds in the East London area. I also attended a Coloured high school, so I know how some be feeling like something special even when they barely have hair tongue They're full of prejudice even to their darker counterparts. Not to say blacks don't have their own prejudice against Coloureds because they do (thinking they're lowlifes etc). Just speaking as someone that understands both sides of the fence.

With that said, please tell me more about your visits to Nigeria. What brought you there & how was it?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2019
mhizv:
show us ur pix let's see if they are right

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

The bolded though is due to the fact that some Coloured people think they're better than blacks, hence nobody is too eager to embrace them. A baseless superiority complex is after all very offputting & people also have their own big egos that stand in the way of bridging the gap. I'm saying this because I know Coloured people very well & before you think I'm being biased. I have a Coloured mother, who thankfully, wasn't like the kind you normally find in Cape Town, for instance, even though that's where she's originally from. She spoke fluent Xhosa, like most Coloureds in the East London area. I also attended a Coloured high school, so I know how some be feeling like something special even when they barely have hair tongue They're full of prejudice even to their darker counterparts. Not to say blacks don't have their own prejudice against Coloureds because they do. Just speaking as someone that understands both sides of the fence.

With that said, please tell me more about your visits to Nigeria. What brought you there & how was it?
Eishhhhh,oh how i feel being referred to as coloured, whites coined that word & its downgrading but i forgive you. But hey i guess that means I am paying for the sins of others despite me having no airs about me,lol grin

Nigerians are friendly with foreigners,just be sure to have someone taking you around. If it's Lagos u plan to be tho,it's safe as there is a fair number of foreigners living,working, & moving freely tho i noticed they're concentrated in certain areas. I & my girls did a trip on our own just to get a feel of the Nigerian experience cos my mom is Nigerian but i have spent more time in Nigeria than she ever did,she doesn't even seem to care undecided & i keep taunting her with this.
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

Eishhhhh,oh how i feel being referred to as coloured, whites coined that word & its downgrading but i forgive you. But hey i guess that means I am paying for the sins of others despite me having no airs about me,lol grin

Nigerians are friendly with foreigners,just be sure to have someone taking you around. If it's Lagos u plan to be tho,it's safe as there is a fair number of foreigners living,working, & moving freely tho i noticed they're concentrated in certain areas. I & my girls did a trip on our own just to get a feel of the Nigerian experience cos my mom is Nigerian but i have spent more time in Nigeria than she ever did,she doesn't even seem to care undecided & i keep taunting her with this.

So what do you prefer being called? Because that's the often used word, even by Coloureds themselves. Is there a new term I'm not aware of?
You sound like a cool girl, so I'm sure once people get to know you, they warm up.

Hmmmm...sounds very interesting. Do you consider yourself a South African or a Nigerian? Do you have a Nigerian sweetheart? That's the vibe I'm getting tongue
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

So what do you prefer being called? Because that's the often used word, even by Coloureds themselves. Is there a new term I'm not aware of?
You sound like a cool girl, so I'm sure once people get to know you, they warm up.

Hmmmm...sounds very interesting. Do you consider yourself a South African or a Nigerian? Do you have a Nigerian sweetheart? That's the vibe I'm getting tongue
Lol,I'm black. And if that seems too odd due to my skin tone,then biracial is fine. My preference is black tho.
You know that coloured can't be used in places like America and England right? Its considered a racial slur that evokes memories of slavery so i guess that's where my irritation of the word comes from. Even in SA, it should evoke the memories of apartheid so i don't get why its used still so casually.

Until recently, I had not considered myself either Nigerian or South African as both my parents were not born in Africa,my nana on mom's side is white British, dad had an Afrikaans father. Given my genealogy, I'm clearly more South African than Nigerian although i seem to gravitate towards Nigerians and yes that vibe you're gettin is accurate. wink

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:27am On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

Lol,I'm black. And if that seems too odd due to my skin tone,then biracial is fine. My preference is black tho.
You know that coloured can't be used in places like America and England right? Its considered a racial slur that evokes memories of slavery so i guess that's where my irritation of the word comes from. Even in SA, it should evoke the memories of apartheid so i don't get why its used still so casually.

Until recently, I had not considered myself either Nigerian or South African as both my parents were not born in Africa,my nana on mom's side is white British, dad had an Afrikaans father. Given my genealogy, I'm clearly more South African than Nigerian although i seem to gravitate towards Nigerians and yes that vibe you're gettin is accurate. wink

Oh ok, I see smiley

@bolded, I knew it! grin What do you have to say about Nigerian men? Is there a notable difference, in your opinion, between Nigerian men of different ethnicity? For research purposes of course wink
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by lincsnuel: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2019
I'm an introvert. People see me as a bit rude as I don't usually talk that much to strangers.

Because of my introvertedness, people tend to look down on me. I mean what could a person who doesn't talk that much know? Lol.

Anyway, I enjoy clearing people's doubt. Especially when they look down on me. They translate it as being rude but I don't give a fvck.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 11:38am On Aug 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh ok, I see smiley

@bolded, I knew it! grin What do you have to say about Nigerian men? Is there a notable difference, in your opinion, between Nigerian men of different ethnicity? For research purposes of course wink
Er you see, naija men are cool generally, but if i had not met a few before reading things they type here,i would be weary cos its scary what i read on this site.
I am not ethnic conscious and can not accurately differentiate them along ethnic lines,but generally they are cool although its my personal observation they behave much better with foreign women than with their own women, so you would be in good hands if this was for more than just research purposescheesy

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:45am On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

Er you see, naija men are cool generally, but if i had not met a few before reading things they type here,i would be weary cos its scary what i read on this site.
I am not ethnic conscious and can not accurately differentiate them along ethnic lines,but generally they are cool although its my personal observation they behave much better with foreign women than with their own women so you would be in good hands if this was for more than just research purposescheesy

Interesting.

Not planning to, I'm just curious grin

Ok, let me be more precise, what ethnicity is your man? Because it's one thing not putting much focus on that & general observation. You might marry the guy some day, if you haven't already, so I'm sure you have done your own research in that regard, yanno, to get things right tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 11:51am On Aug 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Interesting.

Not planning to, I'm just curious grin

Ok, let me be more precise, what ethnicity is your man? Because it's one thing not putting much focus on that & general observation. You might marry the guy some day, if you haven't already, so I'm sure you have done your own research in that regard, yanno, to get things right tongue
He's Edo smiley
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

I am not ethnic conscious and can not accurately differentiate them along ethnic lines,but generally they are cool although its my personal observation they behave much better with foreign women than with their own women, so you would be in good hands if this was for more than just research purposescheesy

nice one witty one !

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

He's Edo smiley

Nice smiley Have you learnt the culture?

Any wedding bells in the near future or are my gate crashing plans late? tongue
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Nice smiley Have you learnt the culture?

Any wedding bells in the near future? tongue
Hahaha,does he even know his own culture. But we are learning,i particularly love the traditional attire of the women cool makes a normal girl like me feel a princesscheesy

Done with that last December.and yup, late tongue

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

Hahaha,does he even know his own culture. But we are learning,i particularly love the traditional attire of the women cool makes a normal girl like me feel a princesscheesy

Done with that last December.

@bolded, funny enough, I feel the same way. I like it on the men though, not for myself. Looks itchy grin

Congrats, Edo princess smiley May you have many happy years together.
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
XhosaNostra:

@bolded, funny enough, I feel the same way. I like it on the men though, not for myself. Looks itchy grin

Congrats, Edo princess smiley May you have many happy years together.
Thanks love kiss

1 Like

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Fidelismaria: 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
That I have an innocent look and therefore harmless

Meanwhile I wouldn't mind blowing up Nigeria with an atomic bomb

That's how wrong they are

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
missjo:

be honest, your preference is black because it is better to be the head of a dog than the tail of a dragon.please claim your white side or be biracial. You are not black.
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
mhizv:

Don't be to hard on yourself, Choji.
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by missjo(f): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
funmisticqueen:
be honest, your preference is black because it is better to be the head of a dog than the tail of a dragon.please claim your white side or be biracial. You are not black.
undecided
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by mhizv(f): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Don't be to hard on yourself, Choji.

Lol of all the characters,you choose to call me choji!! smiley
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by BlueAir: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ladies...well pocket playboy
Men...indomie generation (till they see the devil)
Elder...ideal son
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
Fidelismaria:
That I have an innocent look and therefore harmless

Meanwhile I wouldn't mind blowing up Nigeria with an atomic bomb

That's how wrong they are

Wow. Me too wink
Re: What's Your Stereotype? How Do People Treat You At First Sight? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
mhizv:

Lol of all the characters,you choose to call me choji!! smiley

Aww, I wanted to be sure you were really a Naruto fan and not just using Pain-sama's pix cause it looked nice kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Romanceland Is A University What Course Will You Study / Video Of Ghanaian Nurse Tweaking Heavily In The Hospital While People Need Help / Angry Husband Attacks Man With Cutlass For Sleeping With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.