Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Advantages Of Diesel Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advantages Of Diesel Cars (4574 Views)

Bosch Announces Breakthrough Technology That Could Save Diesel Cars / These Are The 4 Easy Ways To Distinguish Diesel Cars From Petrol Cars / BMW Recalls 11,700 Diesel Cars After Installing Wrong Engine Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2019
uboma:

The rate at which Diesel burns is slower than PMS.

A full tank of PMS will burn faster than a car with a full tank of Diesel covering same distance.

Emphasis is on comparative cost. Diesel is costlier than petrol.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Shalomc(f): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2019
rationalmind:

Strongly supported
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by kingreign(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2019
nurey:

A 3.0L V6 Audi A6 has a close fuel mpg to a 2.4L i4 Toyota camry

Hnmm
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
rationalmind:

In what sense?, cos Diesel would be cheaper than petrol in the same car, if we fill up and travel from benin to Lagos
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by 9icetoo(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2019
uboma:

Toyota also builds rugged Diesel engines. I have driven their Hilux and LandCruisers and the fuel economy is superb as opposed to same vehicles using PMS.
Recall my statement about vehicle size. Diesel has very high low end torque so it makes getting the heavy vehicles moving easier especially in city driving.
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2019
erico2k2:

In what sense?, cos Diesel would be cheaper than petrol in the same car, if we fill up and travel from benin to Lagos

Okay, let's see

I have used the 2016 Audi A6 petrol engine and the TDI for my analysis. Both are 3.0L AWD

Petrol Engine-30mg
Diesel Engine-38mpg

Distance between Benin and Lagos-200miles.

The petrol engine will use 6.66 gallons and the diesel 5.26 gallons.

This translates to 25.20 litres of petrol and 19.901 litres of diesel.

At N145 per litre of petrol, the cost is N3,654 and at N225 per litre of diesel, the cost is N4,477.

4 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2019
rationalmind:

Okay, let's see

I have used the 2016 Audi A6 petrol engine and the TDI for my analysis. Both are 3.0L AWD

Petrol Engine-30mg
Diesel Engine-38mpg

Distance between Benin and Lagos-200miles.

The petrol engine will use 6.66 gallons and the diesel 5.26 gallons.

This translates to 25.20 litres of petrol and 19.901 litres of diesel.

At N145 per litre of petrol, the cost is N3,654 and at N225 per litre of diesel, the cost is N4,477.

bro Im going to disagree with you on this one, my Range rover is a 3.0 litre Diesel twice as heavy as the A6 all roads, I used a full tank to drive from Ikeja to PHC,I have a person on NL auto section who saw me on this Journey.so 38mpg would be wrong! cos that's the range for the Range rover
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by portacabin: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
erico2k2:

bro Im going to disagree with you on this one, my Range rover is a 3.0 litre Diesel twice as heavy as the A6 all roads, I used a full tank to drive from Ikeja to PHC,I have a person on NL auto section who saw me on this Journey.so 38mpg would be wrong! cos that's the range for the Range rover
in 2008, I drove a 200E Petrol engine Mercedes boot for approx 300 km and used up 40litres. Same journey in Mercedes boot 200D , diesel engined, consumed just 14litres of diesel

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
portacabin:
in 2008, I drove a 200E Petrol engine Mercedes boot for approx 300 km and used up 40litres. Same journey in Mercedes boot 200D , diesel engined, consumed just 14litres of diesel
tongue tongue tongue Diesel is it!

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:
Are you kidney me shocked shocked
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:

Don't believe
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by portacabin: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Don't believe
This fact is verifiable from websites. These days, you just go online. https://www.parkers.co.uk/mercedes-benz/e-class/saloon-1985/specs/
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by portacabin: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Don't believe
if you attempt driving a TDi Volkswagen car, like golf, jetta, passat or SDI polo, you won't use a petrol engined car again. A good TDi VW passat will take you from Portharcourt to Lagos and back on a full tank
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by searchng4love: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:
This fact is verifiable from websites. These days, you just go online. https://www.parkers.co.uk/mercedes-benz/e-class/saloon-1985/specs/

post truth

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by searchng4love: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2019
lies

portacabin:
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:
if you attempt driving a TDi Volkswagen car, like golf, Herta, passat or SDI polo, you won't use a petrol engined car again. A good TDi pass at will take you from Portharcourt to Lagos and back on a full tank
Not possible
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:
Nothing here
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by portacabin: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Nothing here
you have to learn how to search for information, or better do you know what information that confirms the good mileage that you get from diesel engined cars? I won't waste my time with you guys
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:
you have to learn how to search for information, or better do you know what information that confirms the good mileage that you get from diesel engined cars? I won't waste my time with you guys
Lare lare you won't start what you cannot finish. You started this incredulous talk you must provide evidence!!
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by portacabin: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Lare lare you won't start what you cannot finish. You started this incredulous talk you must provide evidence!!
go thru the link I sent meticulously on a laptop, and all the info about mpg for diesel and petrol engined Mercedes vboot is there. I won't discuss this again
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:
go thru the link I sent meticulously on a laptop, and all the info about mpg for diesel and petrol engined Mercedes vboot is there. I won't discuss this again
Not true
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by searchng4love: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
portacabin:

show us

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by portacabin: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by 9icetoo(m): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Not possible
Possible. Been there. Drove my Skoda Octavia tdi from ph to Lagos (Ajao estate), then to Iyana itire on 33 liters.
Fueled up at Iyana itire and brimmed out the tank with 33 liters.
If I had not filled up at iyana itire, I'd have got to owerri before refueling again.
The tank on the Skoda maxes out at 60 litres.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
9icetoo:

Possible. Been there. Drove my Skoda Octavia tdi from ph to Lagos (Ajao estate), then to Iyana itire on 33 liters.
Fueled up at Iyana itire and brimmed out the tank with 33 liters.
If I had not filled up at iyana itire, I'd have got to owerri before refueling again.
The tank on the Skoda maxes out at 60 litres.
I drove my Peugeot 206 from Ekiti State to lasgidi refilled at total 7up.... Brimmed out @ 19 litres
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by lordkenny(m): 1:39am On Jun 21, 2021
erico2k2:

Depends on what you call a small car, I have got a BMW E90 and its 2ltr Diesel, ie 320D. There are VW gulf with 1.6 Diesel Engines

Please what's your experience with this car. Well you advise someone who's trying out BMW for the first time to go for it?
Re: Advantages Of Diesel Cars by erico2k2(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
lordkenny:

Please what's your experience with this car. Well you advise someone who's trying out BMW for the first time to go for it?
Well if you check its a Diesel car and I live in the Uk, however in Nigeria, I own a Diesel RRS as well, but chose where I refill from, only direct importers and marketers ie Mobile, Ooando , NNPC and Total.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Conversion / My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo / Fanfaro Oil Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.