Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! (692 Views)

Why A Woman Should Not Wait Too Long To Marry Or Settle Down? / 'My Marriage May Not Last A Month' -Controversial Actress, Cossy Orjiakor -VIDEO / My Marriage May Be Over….and My Husband Is Blaming Me For It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! by U1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
'The economy is not smiling' or 'the economy is hard.' That's the kind of thing you'd often hear some single men say when asked why they aren't getting married despite advancing age. Now, that's a good reason not to get married – it might seem.

I am realising more and more that you don't always have to wait until everything is perfect before tying the knot. If you have a regular source of income and have a lady who can accept you for who you are (and is probably making a little money as well), why delay?

Starting a family is one of those things that one may say is time-sensitive, in a way. Which would make you better, having your first child at 28 or 38? Granted that God has a lot to say about fertility, you can never know until you are married.

That's for those who desire to have children.

God can make you a billionaire at 40 or 50, but you can't give birth to a 10-year or even a one-year-old in one day. Some things are best done at their right time.

Some will also tell you that marriage can open doors of divine favours to you. Yes, this is somewhat dubitable. But there seems to be element of truth in it. Things might actually improve after you marry.

Don't wait until everything is perfect before you make that bold move. You mustn't marry that beautiful lady that doesn't mind if you lose an arm or leg to make money before marrying her. Else, you may spend the rest of your life trying too hard to please her.

This is just me thinking out loud, though.

PS: You may read a lengthier post on this on the personal blog in my signature, if you have the time. Don't worry, the blog isn't monetised, so it's not like I'm trying to get cheap traffic – the blog is just a playground of sort. cheesy
Re: Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin Seen your thread dear. Very nice piece.

1 Like

Re: Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
people still dey marry?
Nah Baby mama sure pass.
still wondering why guys would spend/borrow 6 figures to marry non-virgins...
Gentlemen, pls don't waste your precious money on non-virgins.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! by lincsnuel: 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
God forbid I marry a lady below my standard simply because of impatience. Don't worry I will wait.

I can't exchange the woman of my dreams for anything. And Allah willing, I won't settle for less!
Re: Marriage May Not Wait, Brothers! by U1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Blackivy27:
grin Seen your thread dear. Very nice piece.

You find me reach here? shocked cheesy Thanks. I just say make I copy you.

FCBboy:
people still dey marry?

Nah Baby mama sure pass.

still wondering why guys would spend/borrow 6 figures to marry non-virgins...

Gentlemen, pls don't waste your precious money on non-virgins.

Hope you realise that hell is real?

Procreation isn't actually the main reason for marriage, but rather companionship. Children are just extra blessings and, if you must have them, try to start early.

I doubt if I'll ever borrow to marry. Na to just pack well if I am required to do that; no, I am not buying anybody's daughter. Our life together is just starting and I won't want to start it in the red.

Yeah, virgins are good and I'd prefer one. But that's not what matters most. What if a lady lost her virginity via rape for no fault of her's, so no man should pay her bride price? Forget the past and focus on the present person.

lincsnuel:
God forbid I marry a lady below my standard simply because of impatience. Don't worry I will wait.

I can't exchange the woman of my dreams for anything. And Allah willing, I won't settle for less!

Your standard? I guess only you know what that is.

The point I was driving at is that you shouldn't delay your life for an unreasonably demanding love interest.

So, if a woman of your dreams wants you to first become a Dangote to measure up to the man of her dreams, you'd wait?

Good luck, sire.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Strips Naked, Drags Her Butt Through The Street To Curse Her Boyfriend / I Have Began Thinking About Her! / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.