Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight (5784 Views)

Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates / CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by invisible2(m): 7:04am On Oct 26, 2010
I think the cause of the problem is that some think because they live abroad, they dont need to come back and help with correcting things here. When things eventually get better after our efforts, they will come in with their Toronto degrees and want boys here to leave my job for him. Where were they during the fight? Hiding behind a computer?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by playmode(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2010
@OP -To some extent I agree with you but common men why will I sell my house that i worked so hard to get just to help the community.We went abroad to better ourselves and make something of our selves ,no one will come home and give it all away.

Your heart is in the right place but the last few sentences of your comment are not going to win you any friends. I think the issue we must address is that of selfishness. Bite me if you don’t like my comment but I know that most Nigerians regardless of where they are based are naturally selfish and self-centred. It is evident in our politics, private and public sectors. It is also evident amongst Nigerians living abroad. Allow me to use SA as an example:

SA is a beautiful country and a great place to do business but Nigerians here are probably the worst you can find in Diasporas because they are so selfish. A rich Nigerian in South Africa will rather hire a fellow Nigerian as a driver or a security guard instead of helping him to get on his feet and set up a business. There is also the drug world, Nigerian drug barons go back to Nigeria and deceive unsuspecting youngsters to come to SA to work for them. When these youngsters get to SA ,the drug barons seizes their passports and force them to sell drugs for them. He gets rich while the youngster gets to go to jail.

I know a Nigerian who went back home to fetch his father’s neighbour’s daughter promising to send her to school in SA but when the girl got here ,he turned her in to maid. The girl now cooks , clean and take care of the guy’s kids. To make matters worse the guy sleeps with the girl whenever his SA wife is not around. So not only is she a maid but an intimacy gadget. Now tell me if that is not damn right evil.

I remember a few years ago when I was browsing through an ovation magazine and I saw this Nigerian billionaire in the east who built a $3million dollar home in the middle of a slum, I mean his next door neighbours had houses made from mud and the road leading to his house was muddy but he had Bentleys packed in the garage. That is the way we are, we are selfish people. As long as it does not affect me I am fine. Our new motto under madam daydreamer (akinluyi) is GOOD PEOPLE ,GREAT NATION. What is great about our nation and what is good about our people? Maybe she should have been more honest and go with "Selfish People ,Crippled Nation" .We have a long way to go and only by working together and forming progressive committees can we help our people and our nation.

Jonathan and PDP still sucks though  cry
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by adconline(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2010
Upgrade your grammar first before calling people names.  Most =has/have? What did your teacher tell you about rules of concord?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by pdone: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2010
playmode:

@OP -To some extent I agree with you but common men why will I sell my house that i worked so hard to get just to help the community.We went abroad to better ourselves and make something of our selves ,no one will come home and give it all away.

Your heart is in the right place but the last few sentences of your comment are not going to win you any friends. I think the issue we must address is that of selfishness. Bite me if you don’t like my comment but I know that most Nigerians regardless of where they are based are naturally selfish and self-centred. It is evident in our politics, private and public sectors. It is also evident amongst Nigerians living abroad. Allow me to use SA as an example:

SA is a beautiful country and a great place to do business but Nigerians here are probably the worst you can find in Diasporas because they are so selfish. A rich Nigerian in South Africa will rather hire a fellow Nigerian as a driver or a security guard instead of helping him to get on his feet and set up a business. There is also the drug world, Nigerian drug barons go back to Nigeria and deceive unsuspecting youngsters to come to SA to work for them. When these youngsters get to SA ,the drug barons seizes their passports and force them to sell drugs for them. He gets rich while the youngster gets to go to jail.

I know a Nigerian who went back home to fetch his father’s neighbour’s daughter promising to send her to school in SA but when the girl got here ,he turned her in to maid. The girl now cooks , clean and take care of the guy’s kids. To make matters worse the guy sleeps with the girl whenever his SA wife is not around. So not only is she a maid but an intimacy gadget. Now tell me if that is not damn right evil.

I remember a few years ago when I was browsing through an ovation magazine and I saw this Nigerian billionaire in the east who built a $3million dollar home in the middle of a slum, I mean his next door neighbours had houses made from mud and the road leading to his house was muddy but he had Bentleys packed in the garage. That is the way we are, we are selfish people. As long as it does not affect me I am fine. Our new motto under madam daydreamer (akinluyi) is GOOD PEOPLE ,GREAT NATION. What is great about our nation and what is good about our people? Maybe she should have been more honest and go with "Selfish People ,Crippled Nation" .We have a long way to go and only by working together and forming progressive committees can we help our people and our nation.

Jonathan and PDP still sucks though  cry

You only need to see Ubanase's house( I hope you know him), in his hometown then I swear you will sweep. His is one in a million, but his environment including his neighbours houses are nothing to write home. Like you said, it is really selfish. Everyone wants his neigbour to bow for him/her.
shinaidowu:

Nice and thought provoking topic, but when is this NIN vs NID feud going to end. The problem IMHO is that those in Nigeria stuck here would want to blame those in Dispora for not doing anytin than complaining while those in Diaspora are so carried away with what they are seeing than coming back home to contribute their quota.Let the truth b told,those
suicide bombers believe so much in their cause hence so willing to die for it. But NIN and NID do not b
Believe in anything, the only belief we have is to get the best of life in anyway possible.Evryday you hear NID complaining about the state of the nation,yet none is ready to come home and be that tonic for change, while NIN are in the crux of the mata but too cowardly to do anything about it. The simple fact is he would rather want to suffer and smile, because God dey one day the story go better. Until we get to that point when we are ready to give our lives for what we believe, then we should all shut the hell up.Am not a fan of history, but no great country is where it is by just sitting down and frying akara, there are men and woman of courage who go out there to action their beliefs. WHAT DO U BELIEVE?

You are correct with your view regarding people NIN. We are hell bent believing that everything is the will of God. No one wants to fight for his right. "E GO BETTER and GO DEY" is now a household name.  I singled out NID because I think if there would be a great change or development, we really need everyone to put his/her head together and work out things. But I saw nothing tangible except a lot of pointing fingers and yawning mouths.

9ja4eva:

True that.Its amazing to know we have rich Nigerians home and away yet they sit and complain about everything.
If only Bill Gates was Nigerian.

I beg to differ on that point.I am not in Nigeria at the moment but i can boldly say that what Nigeria is today the innovations and technology we enjoying in that Country today was spearheaded by the Nigerians back home.Nigerians back home though  most of them are corrupt are doing their best for the Country.

The poster has a valid point in that NID don't want to do anything to make the Country a better place for all.China is the world superpower today because they believe so much in their Country.It is so hard to see a Chinese man without any investment in China.Some Nigerians abroad believe Nigeria is a living hell and do not want to be associated with the Country in anyway.If we all run away from Nigeria saying the Country can never rise.My question becomes who will be there to make Nigeria a living paradise for our children when we leave this world?I believe we in Diaspora can contribute immensely to the development of Nigeria.

Wonderful analysis poster.The truth is hard but it has to be said.

God bless you my dear. I have been studying the life of current Chinese rich people and most of them studied or once lived outside their country. They believe more in this statement “There Is No Place Like Home".  Watch a video of Tianamen Square 1989 protest and you will see how people die for the love of their country. They want to change the way things were being done in their country.

I know of a family with three daughters and a guy. They did everything and sent the guy abroad to study. But little did they know that they were sending the guy to a journey of no return. After his studies he refused to come home. The parents begged just to see him at least once but he refused.Anyway, to give him credit, he sent some pictures of his wife and kids(I believe he thought that is the most important thing to do) When the mother died, he just sent a letter to the family telling them sorry for their lost. After some years, the father died and he came back the day the father was to be buried and went back the same day.
Maybe the person is also in nairaland doing what he knows how to do best. And what is that? Yawning as usual.

God Punish Devil!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by tkb417(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2010
You are not winning any allies. Nigeria needs the Diaspora,[b] because the most intelligent Nigerians are in the Diaspora. The ones left back at home do not have any vision
the most intelligent Nigerians are those contributing no matter how small to the development of Nigeria

The ones who claim to be intelligent but are far away doing nothing are useless
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by martinosi: 11:00am On Oct 26, 2010
[b]
pdone:

I have seen and read a lot of posts both on nairaland and other forums, of people pointing accusing fingers at the government. I acknowledge that our government sucks but I think 3/4 of Nigerian Diaspora suck big time.

One great important thing of traveling/ living in another country is to learn the people's culture,technology, way of life, etc and applied the good ones when you return to your motherland. But when it comes to Nigerian Diaspora, the case is different. Most have made it a call of duty to sit in front of their system and yawn all day without an action. In most countries, you will see Nigeria Diaspora holding meetings and called themselves one name or the other. Believe me they have been holding that meeting even before Jesus was born and they will keep on holding it until His Kingdom Come.

Most Nigerians outside the country has two dominant dream/desire.
1.) To build a house
2.) To buy a car.

Tell me, how can I live in the house when I haven't find a job? It is not hard to see a Nigeria Diaspora driving a car worth the price of 4m, still has about 3 more packing in his car port and  living in a house of gold but just a stone throw, is a waste area smelling like a three months dead baby. Suppose he sell the three cars, and use the money in fixing his environment regardless of whether his neighbours contribute or not. But hell no he won't do it; but he is ready to wait for the government to include his environment in the next budget.

Taking a look at countries like China, India,Brazil, Mexico and some other developing countries, most of their citizens studied abroad and went back home for actions. They applied their knowledge, their money, their time, and some can even scarify their life. But push the ball to Nigerian Diaspora, his/her first target is to gain permanent resident, nationalize, buy a computer and connect to internet. The next day, he/she will start yawning on nairaland.

I'm tired of seeing the likes of Philip Emekwali  appearing on bbc or other news network and start yawning about Nigeria condition. I can bet my last dime that he hasn't step his foot on Nigeria soil for the past 10years nor has he contributed anything to the country.

Like I said earlier, not all Nigeria Diaspora but it is really had to find the few that are willing to scarify for the betterment of Nigeria.

The case of Nigeria is the case of a cow under the care of one thousand men. Guess what will happen to the cow, it will surely die. The reason is this, Mr A will say that it is Mr B's turn to feed the cow today. Mr B will tell Mr C to help him with the feeding because he get's important appointment. But unfortunately, Mr C forget and at noon Mr D will take his bowl to get some milk from the cow.

I wipe for the cow. May God have mercy on that cow.

ROFLAMO, o.k where r u, Naija or Abroa , ?
i need to know before i give my verdict or your whinning behind!!![/b]
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by martinosi: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2010
Ujujoan:

Boy . . .  your words are filled with VISION!  embarassed  embarassed

Dont you go all self-righteous! You as a Nigerian, whether in diaspora or at home have the same responsibility with those based at home! And incase you don't know, you can make as much impact from 'wherever you are' as you can from Nigeria!

And yes, NIDs do not have the 'Think-Home' mentality.

Maybe NINs are Cowards, but NIDs are the biggest of them all!

WHATEVA!!!, All you folks need to chill , untill you live & work abroad
you aiight sayin nothing of value to anyone of us abroad,

someone said that Nigerians in Nigeria are "COWARDS" , I can understand the
feeling, as i am dealing with High level Nigerian Officials in Naija in the Public & Private sector (Training & Advising them) and they seem to act like cowards sometimes!!!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by martinosi: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Eze Uche

You see that's where you are wrong!

Being abroad doesn't mean you'll do a better job if given the opportunity . . .  and being in Nigeria doesnt mean you will do it badly!

Take a look at Gov. obi of Anambra. He came back from the States and they gave him the mandate. What did he do with it?

What do you mean you'll be treated as an outsider Where on earth did you get that from?

That where you are Ignorant,

When you are a Nigerian that has lived abroad
and you come back to Nigeria to work or do business
you are always seen as an outsider,
Its the truth and all nigerians living abroad know it!!!

When a Nigerian come from abroad to take up a Political or Bureau Post
those who put him/her there will always try and fustrate them,

The Powers that Be in Naija will rather bring a Nigerian from abroad
to fill a post of a sensitive nature than employ a nigeria back home
ie, Finance Minsister etc, they is a reason for this,
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by tkb417(m): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2010
^^ and you train people?

cos you post like you dont have a brain. I doubt you can train the professionals in the OPS cos to me , u can only train the doofus in the public sector with no iota of sense
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2010
martinosi:

martinosi:

Did anybody frustrate ZIK or Awolowo ? No,yet they made good impact to the present Nigerian state.how many present day NID have contributed to that Nation building ? Those coming to partake in politics only see it as an avenue to enrich their pockets.Look at Gbenga Daniel,all he does is turn Ogun state into a small capitalist company.too bad !
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Busybody2(f): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2010
kalokalo:

I agree with the poster. A lot us Nigerians are mentally lazy! It does not matter whether in Naija or in the diaspora. We expect too much from our leaders/government as if government is not peopled by just as clueless folks as the average Nigerian. A look at developed nations shows that their development was driven by the private initiative and enterprise of its citizens and NOT by the government.

Our development problems will be solved if each of us individually put our brains to work to implement solutions and not waiting for some utopian leader to wave some magic wand and turn our land into an el dorado.

Exactly, Nigerians are the most unpatriotic and greatest traitors on earth, most of them are imbued with this with crab in the basket mentality, who derives joy in climbing to the top then kicking the ladder to prevent others from ascending to his height. For them, as long as they and their immediate families are fine, nothing else concerns them, its "not in their backyard" angry embarassed undecided
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by beknown(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
@pdone,

Your message shows you are out of touch with the reality in Nigeria.

Read the following articles:
http://www.afdb.org/en/news-events/article/diaspora-remittances-take-centre-stage-in-africas-development-2026/

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/crer/afrobrain/oucho/publications/african_diaspora_and_remittance_flows_11.pdf

http://eprints.soas.ac.uk/7467/1/Lindley.pdf

Nigerians in diaspora are taking the centre stage in planning your future in Nigeria. While many people think that Nigerians in diaspora are doing nothing, the planning for various developments in Nigeria today are coming from us.

Many Nigerians in diaspora are offering support to Nigeria through education, mentoring, technical expertise, funding local projects, job creation, etc.

Our next plan of action is the election for 2011. The earlier you engage your own effort the better rather than using words without thinking.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-538244.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-537961.0.html

Many Nigerians in diaspora meet to discuss and plan the way forward for Nigeria while people like you are asleep.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by tkb417(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2010
Busy_body:

Exactly, Nigerians are the most unpatriotic and greatest traitors on earth, most of them are imbued with this with crab in the basket mentality, who derives joy in climbing to the top then kicking the ladder to prevent others from ascending to his height. For them, as long as they and their immediate families are fine, nothing else concerns them, its "not in their backyard" angry embarassed undecided
kiss kiss kiss
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by beknown(m): 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
Check this remittance link. It is better you get the message from someone else, not me:

http://www.ifad.org/remittances/maps/africa.htm

Top 5 remittance recipients by volume received (US$ million)
Morocco: $6,116
Algeria: $5,399
Nigeria: $5,397
Egypt: $3,637
Tunisia: $1,559
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
beknown:

Check this remittance link. It is better you get the message from someone else, not me:

http://www.ifad.org/remittances/maps/africa.htm

I have said it before.all they care about is the immediate economic prosperity of Nigeria even when such end up in private pockets.what about building a Nigerian state itself ?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by MissyB3(f): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
pdone:

Most Nigerians outside the country has two dominant dream/desire.
1.) To build a house
2.) To buy a car.
How are those, bad aspirations?

pdone:

It is not hard to see a Nigeria Diaspora driving a car worth the price of 4m, still has about 3 more packing in his car port and  living in a house of gold but just a stone throw, is a waste area smelling like a three months dead baby. Suppose he sell the three cars, and use the money in fixing his environment regardless of whether his neighbours contribute or not. But hell no he won't do it; but he is ready to wait for the government to include his environment in the next budget.
Right to spend one's money as one wills?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by semid4lyfe(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
Make una hear. . .

A NID once posted that he wears True Religion Jean, adorns expensive jewelries, uses an i-phone and drives a state of the art car and as such he's afraid of coming home cos he'd be kidnapped and he doesn't want to lose his possessions grin grin

LWKMD!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by LongOne1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ Missy ★ B

Well spoken, just plain 'beef' against NID's if u ask me

Oh well, some of us plan to come home after successful careers, the real trick is to choose the right moment or else…

@ semid4lyfe

That's just one person, people are different
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Pittbaby(f): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
I understand your point , i just dont understand why this directed at Nigerians in the diaspora and not at wealthy Nigerians in general . Today someone says all Nigerians outside Nigeria are just suffering and pretending tomorrow they are all millionaires . Your point will be carried further without generalization.

yes we as Nigerian will go a lot further if we gave back . How many great people graduated from public institutions that are now rotting away, too many !!!!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2010
However you label it Nigerians at home,Nigerians in the diaspora,they all one and same thing Nigerians.

It does not really matter who is doing what as long as the what thing is the right thing and its getting done.

just cos you live in the country does not mean you are a better Nigerian than the people who live abroad and vice versa.The important thing is what Nigeria stands for in your heart and how far you are willing to go for it if you want to be a leader that is.

When the messiah comes he/she will not give a rats ass what part of the world he/she lives in but what can be done for the country.thats what is going to count not Nigerians in diaspora or Nigerians at home.

I guess today is not the day the messiah will arrive.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by hackney(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
I put street lights from my mansion to the market in my villa.
I also drop mean cheddar for the vigilante to chop.
lean cuisine , baby! !
  wink
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by lookwonder: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
the problem with Nigeria is not a lack of good, honest, innovative people but is simply a faliure of leadership. All other things are ancilliary to the over-arching question of leadership.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by PaKen: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
Nigerians in Diaspora and Nigerian at Home? , This topic is becoming a cankerworm eating deep into the flesh of nairaland, unending claims, counter-claims, arguments and suggestions, The bottomline is live and let's live,
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Elpieda: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
I dont understand all the distinction between Nigerians in Nigeria and Nigerians in the diaspora, We are all freaking Nigerians and no exclusive group is responsible for moving the nation forward, We are all responsible. so rather than point accusing fingers at each other why not we discuss our plans and visions for the country if that is truly what you feel you are called to do,
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Wallie(m): 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
On the issue of spending one’s riches to develop one’s neighborhood, generally speaking, blacks are not as philanthropic as whites. How many rich blacks will give away half of their wealth to people or organizations?

Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison, George Lucas, Paul Allen, T. Boone Pickens, and many more are all going to donate at least half of their fortunes. Larry Ellison has the intention of giving away, at least, 95% of his assets. I wish I could say I would do the same if I was in his shoes, but I doubt I would. Why should I care about my wealth if I’m already dead? I have no idea.

On the issue of developing Nigeria, I think NIN and NID both have complimentary parts to play and success will only be guaranteed if we work together.

Whether NID admits it or not, NIN is needed to actualize our goals in Nigeria because they have the information we need along with knowledge of the terrain. On the other hand, NIN needs NID to infuse a different “variable” into Nigeria; if not, their result will always be the same.

Are NID smarter than NIN? Not necessarily true but probably better exposed, generally. I’ve always wondered if I would have achieved the same level of success if I was still in Nigeria slugging it out with all the issues conspiring against one’s success. I will never know the answer to that question but the thought gives me a better appreciation of Nigerians that made it in Nigeria.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Elpieda: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2010
Wallie:

On the issue of spending one’s riches to develop one’s neighborhood, generally speaking, blacks are not as philanthropic as whites. How many rich blacks will give away half of their wealth to people or organizations?

Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison, George Lucas, Paul Allen, T. Boone Pickens, and many more are all going to donate at least half of their fortunes. Larry Ellison has the intention of giving away, at least, 95% of his assets. I wish I could say I would do the same if I was in his shoes, but I doubt I would. Why should I care about my wealth if I’m already dead? I have no idea.

On the issue of developing Nigeria, I think NIN and NID both have complimentary parts to play and success will only be guaranteed if we work together.

Whether NID admits it or not, NIN is needed to actualize our goals in Nigeria because they have the information we need along with knowledge of the terrain. On the other hand, NIN needs NID to infuse a different “variable” into Nigeria; if not, their result will always be the same.

Are NID smarter than NIN? Not necessarily true but probably better exposed, generally. I’ve always wondered if I would have achieved the same level of success if I was still in Nigeria slugging it out with all the issues conspiring against one’s success. I will never know the answer to that question but the thought gives me a better appreciation of Nigerians that made it in Nigeria.

well said
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by ellyspeed: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
Consider yourself lucky to be reading this information at this time of the year. Many have searched for a down-to-earth mentor like me who is ready and willing to reveal secrets to financial independence without charging money. If you doubt me, read my weekly column in Tribune every Saturday.
click on the website below

http://www.workit.ewebsite.com/
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
EzeUche0:

You are not winning any allies. Nigeria needs the Diaspora, because the most intelligent Nigerians are in the Diaspora. The ones left back at home do not have any vision.

This is the most silly statement anyone living has ever made in recent times.

Diaspora with vision: Ibori (Thief), Tinubu (Thief), Igbinedion (Thief), Ayo Fayose (Thief). The most intelligent Nigerians Thieves are in the Diaspora.

Even the ones we see in Peckham with no means of livelihood are all diasporians who are intelligent and will shape the future of Nigeria, yeah right.

Some people think too much of themselves once they step out of Nigeria.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
EzeUche0:

I am not getting self-righteous. I am just the harbinger of truth. The Nigerians at home, have to show the ones in the diaspora that they are ready in change. We in the Diaspora cannot bring change to Nigeria, because we will be seen as outsiders in some way.

I rather invest in a nation, that will invest in me and my family. A nation that doesn't invest in its citizens is not worthy enough for people to invest in.

and the America you live in is built on the saying that "dont think what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country".
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

and the America you live in is built on the saying that "dont think what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country".
GBAM!!!!!!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Make una hear. . .

A NID once posted that he wears True Religion Jean, adorns expensive jewelries, uses an i-phone and drives a state of the art car and as such he's afraid of coming home cos he'd be kidnapped and he doesn't want to lose his possessions grin grin

LWKMD!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2010
all bought on stolen credit cards, maybe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Doesn’t Wish Obasanjo Back As President? / GEJ Yet Again Denies Igbos Of A Refinery / APC: Road Map To A New Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.