Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight (5783 Views)

Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates / CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by kabukabu50(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

and the America you live in is built on the saying that "dont think what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country".

Nigeria is a failed state,just like afghanistan but with crude oil,Seriously look at every sector?Look at the politics?Who in their right mind would even consider voting for IBB,Saraki,Yar' a dua, the old guard of 20 yrs ago still rule Nigeria,there is no new blood in nigerian politics and these illiterates still vote them in.

Why set up a business in Nigeria where the goverment does not provide working infrastructure and security?Its all wishful thinking,in the 90s the govt told us that by 2010,we would have running water,electricity to compete with the world standard?where is that?Mail system is a joke,roads horrible, trains nonexistent.

And whistleblowers in govt or the private sector are not protected by govt edicts, an employee should be able to report incidence of corruption in every office in Nigeria without fear of retribution,officers on the street should be able to root out their fellow men who are taking bribes.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
@poster how many times have you been refused visa,or you cant just make it overseas,,well we all have choices,
how wants out of Nigeria and who want to stay is left for individuals to make,
As for me Nigeria has nothing to offer me,i Know much much i struggled in Nigeria after my university graduation,i am now overseas after studiing my masters and getting married here, i am content, these Nigerian did not offer me.is not matter of insight is matter of situations,everybody have their story to tell , but this is mine, maybe you are right or wrong but i dont buy your view grin
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
Kabukabu

You havent said anything new.

Nigeria is a failed state, we know. So, what have you said?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by klodike(m): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
phuck any nigerian who is not in Nigerian.@poster kudos this is da first shyt i have read in NL dat made sense. U see most of those idiot going out are the one's tarnishing our image abroad. Me amma live and make it in 9ja. This is home and home is always sweet. Dia, wateva can't help us.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by soreola(f): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
Why should a whole nation wait on its citizens abroad??, I can tell you that most NIDs know that it would only be a waste of time going back to try and do

something. If the people that are currently in the nations start something, i can almost guarantee you that those abroad would join. If the NINs are sitting

back, watching n enduring why shouldnt NID sit back as well??, Even if it is the gov't that starts making big changes as we are beginning to see NIDs would

join in. I can tell you that rite now im part of an initiative that has risen up to fite for Nigeria and more than likely our motivation is Pres. Jonathan. We even

have organizations that work together to create business partnerships with the gov't search 'NIDO' on google, Jeez , We are all the same and it is up to all of

us to make a change. and no, we are not cowards we simply sort to provide our families with a better life which we could not achieve in Nigeria, I can tell

you that after a certain time we will come back, mostly for retirement or just to help Nigeria. Im coming back, and lookin forward to it,
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by bidemi12(m): 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
bunch of demented retards. . . . . .
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
bidemi12:

is that all you got
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by spikedcylinder: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
It must be hate on disaporans day in yore.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-538847.0.html
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
bidemi12:

Te hehehe

Who is this one talking to?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by moonraker(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ poster

Dont you think that yur topic is messed up i mean dont you even think that the men and women

that u accused of not having insight have tried and failed (and clearly you knw nothing abt them becos they aint famous)

and have made up their minds of trying??

maybe you shd get yur facts right before yu start something yu cannot finish,

Food for though for u

You do realize that GLO-1 would be launching very soon, right?? and it is rumoured to be fibre optic??

now get this, if what we are hearing is thru, then cables shd be running ard lagos, right?? why isnt the case??

Answer: We have stupid agberos in lagos that would dig those cables outta the ground!!! true story!!!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Princek12(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
The poster does not realize that Nigerians in the diaspora are responsible for most of the world class developments back home. Or do you think a Nigerian not in the diaspora, who has adapted to living under third world conditions, will think of creating a first world business or infrastructure. From the broadband cable recently wired from Europe to other businesses, it is diaspora Nigerians who are responsible for it.

The problem with Nigeria is the same ole thing: Illiteracy and a generation of leaders who have failed us. The previous generation, the Babangida generation, are all fools. To call them corrupt is to give them credit they don't deserve, for they could have still been corrupt and at the same time fixed our infrastructure. They are all fools who are thieves; they just stole money and fixed nothing. More diaspora Nigerians will come back home if there is stable electricity, clean drinking water, and decent roads on which to travel.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^^^

and the igbinedions, the iboris, the ayo fayoses, the tinubus and many more, are also diasporians who came to nigeria and contributed more to her failure.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Pafuri(m): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
Please be careful how you talk about Nigerians in the Diaspora. Remember Western Union? After your politician "leaders" have stolen all your money who wire foreign currency to you? Do not make us angry, I warn you. angry angry angry
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
Aqbar:

Has anyone here heard of the saying, "if you want something done properly, do it yourself"?

ladies and gents, this is the answer right there.
this is most true for we that are here, as for nigerians in the diaspora, they are THEY and we are US. i dont give a fig's arrse what they do or dont do.
can we seriously expect them to fight our battles for us, where in the world is that done?we are the ones in the grip of corruption and oppression, and we must break free or die.

for starters, we want the corrupt politicians gone? well, we'll just have to get them out ourselves, by hook or by crook, by law or by sword.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by kabukabu50(m): 11:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
Pafuri:

Please be careful how you talk about Nigerians in the Diaspora. Remember Western Union? After your politician "leaders" have stolen all your money who wire foreign currency to you? Do not make us angry, I warn you. angry angry angry

applause,well said brah.

Of all the gazillion dollars that we send back home,this is the thanks that we get

Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
money sent to feed your hungry family.

Tehehe
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
BoboYekini:

ladies and gents, this is the answer right there.
this is most true for we that are here, as for nigerians in the diaspora, they are THEY and we are US. i dont give a fig's arrse what they do or dont do.
can we seriously expect them to fight our battles for us, where in the world is that done?we are the ones in the grip of corruption and oppression, and we must break free or die.

for starters, we want the corrupt politicians gone? well, we'll just have to get them out ourselves, by hook or by crook, by law or by sword.

and replace them with people from the moon?

Funny.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by zoraro(m): 1:06am On Oct 27, 2010
Like some people said earlier the problem is with all Nigerians NIN or NID (especially the rich ones), we are too selfish a people everybody is more interested in running the rat race than the general good, hence tribalism, corruption and all the things that has brought the Country to its present state. The sad thing is that we claim to be a smart people.   

[Quote]Upgrade your grammar first before calling people names.[/quote]

Is English suppose to be his mother's tongue, didn't you understand what he was saying? You should upgrade your brain first before correcting other people.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 27, 2010
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by moonraker(m): 2:13am On Oct 27, 2010
Quote; if you want something done properly, do it yourself,

YESSSS!!!!!

well, i am doing it myself, by helping my family and everyone i care abt in my own little way,

MR POSTER, i suggest u do same!!! maybe if everyone did what i am doing and we didnt have

peeps like you who complain abt wats (i dont care), then maybe, just maybe nigeria would be

peaceful, corruption would seize to exist and we would have true legitimate Democracy!!!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Ruq: 2:32am On Oct 27, 2010
@Eze uche
You are not winning any allies. Nigeria needs the Diaspora, because the most intelligent Nigerians are in the Diaspora. The ones left back at home do not have any vision.

Think beore talkin!
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by atampakoeg(f): 3:21am On Oct 27, 2010
Another diasporian bites the dust:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101027394853

US court jails Nigerian for N60m credit card scam
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by roymary: 3:26am On Oct 27, 2010
Well, some Nigerians Abroad tried to help but the system is just so messed up that it takes an Hero not to give up. Nonetheless, we all need to do something before this totally gets outta hand because it would have been worse if we have no chances of getting visas!!!

UK Transparency International 2010 edition rates Nigeria as the 134th most corrupt country in the world out 178 countries.  Blame that on the bad governance and not the diaspora.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 27, 2010
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by redsun(m): 5:23am On Oct 27, 2010
I doo't think there is any country in d world more corrupt than nigeria.99 percent of past and present nigerian leaders deserves places in jail but for legitimate corruption that d system represend,they are running free as leaders.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by 9ja4eva: 5:48am On Oct 27, 2010
redsun:

I doo't think there is any country in d world more corrupt than nigeria.99 percent of past and present nigerian leaders deserves places in jail but for legitimate corruption that d system represend,they are running free as leaders.

Well we can never be certain of the actual figure of corrupt Countries.Most Countries like the United States hide under the premise of fighting wars or the likes.

Aqbar:

Guys, if this issue of Nigerians in Nigeria vs Nigerians in Diaspora keeps coming up every now and then, then I think its time we all start to just proffer solutions rather than turn it to another bout of tongue-lashing and all that. Ideas please, lets brainstorm and create thought pathways. You never know whose life you might change here.

Well said.Its not about the fights or insults.Its WHAT WE CAN DO TO CHANGE OUR COUNTRY.

@playmode

Fantastic write up.Nigerians are too greedy and self centered.They will rather you work under them or not show you the way at all.
I think we should pick a thing or two from the Asians.If we drop the "I better pass you mentality" and work together as one i see
things changing if not now in the near future.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by adconline(m): 7:14am On Oct 27, 2010
Is English suppose to be his mother's tongue, didn't you understand what he was saying? You should upgrade your brain first before correcting other people.
You should develop your brain for thinking, not for follow, follow. How did the poster arrive at the number that 75% of Nigerians in diaspora lack insight? Who is this guy? Dr Phil or Deepak Chopra?
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by redsun(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2010
Nigerian problem is not personal, it's about d wayward system of governance that is hindering both d diasporian and live-in nigerians. Nigerian factors does not disappear by travelling abroad, it lingers,unless of course one begin to see above d rim.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by wazobiang: 9:17am On Oct 27, 2010
@poster, on point.
only nigerians seek permanent residency in order countries as if it is the only option available. and they keep complaining about nigeria, holding meetings in the save heaven (abroad) about the issues in nigeria. heck! even oyibos come to african countries to assist.
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by shotuns: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2010
Oyinbos coming to Nigeria to assist on the areas that benefit them the most, 'watch out' ,
Re: 3/4 Of Nigerian Diaspora Lack Insight by obi123: 10:16am On Oct 27, 2010
what are you on about mr poster ? even some Nigerians living in Nigeria lack insight  talkless of NID, most of what we know about that country has either been experienced personally or heard about from Nigerians living in Nigeria.

moreso what exactly have those who have the "insight" done with it so far?

Nigeria really doesnt  need the NID to anything at all, we are certainly outnumbered by NIN who are also educated and have the so called bleeding insight and have the advantage of proximity

if the NIN who are directly affected by the problems in nigeria seem not to be able to do anything is it the NID that can?

Keep your insight , thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2012 Budget: Are Our State Governors More Development Conscious Than Our Fg? / Bayelsa Community That Has Never Had a Health Centre / New Nigerian Flag Suggested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.