Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. (1630 Views)

When A Wife Returns After Separation / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) / Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 8:29am On Aug 29, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by keepingmum: 8:53am On Aug 29, 2019
I am pleased you posted this because lots of african women have been brainwashed to believe "all men are the same"....especially when they are in toxic relationships/marriage.

This is an example of there is light ahead of the tunnel. You CAN walk away and start a new and healthy relationship where you treated with love and respect.

Dont stay because you have children: dont stay because you ttc and you dont want to leave because you have "nothing" to show for it, dont stay because of what "people would say", dont stay because you have dated each other fot 10 years", dont stay because you want him to see how much you have endured from him and hope that that would make him change, dont stay because uour inlaws/pastors said they would speak to him.

You should love yourself sooooooooo much that anyone , man/woman who comes into your life knows what you can and cannot accept.

Thank God she walked away and found her happy place. There is no timeline for when one moves on from a bad situation. As long as you are mentally strong to handle a new relationship and have healed then move on but choose your next partner wisely.

If shes from such a "bad and fetish" home as her ex spouse said, shouldnt he be glad that she is out of his life and now someone else's "problem"?? Hes bitter because he never thought she would move on, he never thought any onr would desire her and now he can't let go off his bitterness and jealousy.....let the lady's new family warn the ex from visiting their premises.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by musabayokanu: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2019
Adviser wamagbe
1. you didn't say how long they married.
2. What is the major cause of the quarrel/beating?
3. how long between when they separated, when she met the new guy, and when she got pregnant.
4. who Is she to you (relationship)?
5. are you single or married?

With this I will decipher and elucidate the role you played vis-a-vis your advice and the possible effect of your advice on the union.
Since you are celebrating the separation, divorce and twin pregnancy.

Answer my question pls....thank you
Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 9:34am On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:
Adviser wamagbe
3. how long between when they separated, when she met the new guy, and when she got pregnant.

With this I will decipher and elucidate the role you played vis-a-vis your advice and the possible effect of your advice on the union.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:
Adviser wamagbe

Also for the time duration, go back and read again.
Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by musabayokanu: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2019
Peachbloom:

Please go back and read properly! Was I celebrating an end to torture and pain and several hospital visits? Yes!!

Was I happy she conceived and with twins after they embarrassed her and cussed her out for not having a child? Yes!! Infact double yes!!

Am I married(which is irrelevant here) yes! With beautiful children.

As much as I try not to believe in divorce and separation, I introduced them to a marriage counselor.

To your question of what caused their fights.

I was in their home on two different occasions and something as trivial as a remote control for the dstv made this guy hit her head on the wall.

Second occasion was the fact that she lent her mother her own money, and the man was asking why she would do that. This lady hardly knows how to express herself and she was literally shaking all over. I kept begging this man to calm down, he put me in my place, and I had to stand back.

Right in my presence, he started hitting her and dragging her by the hair all over the place. It took the intervention of her neighbors on this particular day.

Now guess what, despite every I'll treatment, she stayed!

Oh I remember this, when her mum was in the hospital after her surgery, this guy came to the hospital and instructed her to leave her mother's bedside, I was there by her side too so I saw this.

When. She came the next day for the visit, she had hot oil scars!!

Before you start sarcastically casting aspersions, know that many men are actually mad, and her ex husband was part of.

I have read carefully.....
Honestly i don't support I'll treatment of women in marriage for what so ever reason.
But when it comes to marrige issues I believe in crossing all the available dots to know the root cause.

Look well they can never be smoke without a fire.
Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Graxie(f): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2019
I am happy for her, the man is mad. So many Nigerian women tolerating Mad Men in the name of marriage. I have been married for 10years, I can't imagine shaking before my husband to express my self. In fact I married my mate, my mother in law calmed when she visited, she even shook me as in, you are doing well. The thing is how you guys started, whatever you can't take don't start. Meanwhile, no time limit to move on. I am truly happy for her, my friend left abusive man. He dumped her in the hospital after beating her, she had miscarriage and her parents brought her back. Today she is married to one of the richest guy in my neighborhood, he adores her. She doesn't even use cheap hospital for delivery, they spend close to 1m because she delivers through cs, her husband changes car for her anyhow. Everytime she talks about her husband, you will see the joy in her. Until you take a bold step to say enough is enough, you will never know what you are capable of achieving. In as much as marriage have it's own challenges, nobody should be in bondage.

12 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 10:06am On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:

I have read carefully.....
Honestly i don't support I'll treatment of women in marriage for what so ever reason.
But when it comes to marrige issues I believe in crossing all the available dots to know the root cause.

Look well they can never be smoke without a fire.

Irrespective, it's all violence. You don't want her again, somebody else took her, and you're busy fighting up and down.

I think he does have temper and behavioral issues basically which needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by musabayokanu: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2019
Peachbloom:

Irrespective, it's all violence. You don't want her again, somebody else took her, and you're busy fighting up and down.

I think he does have temper and behavioral issues basically which needs to be addressed.

For the guy to ask for seperation and divorce and come back to fight the lady or the man, it shows the man is an enemy of progress.

Fine they are seperated nd the lady has moved on for good, im happy for her, you asked a question and you tabled her story for discuss, slot of people will also learn from it.
But my point is you need to scratch the issue deeper and dig deep into the the root cause so men and women will learn from it while some will answer your question.

As it is now the table has been opened for feminist them. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:

For the guy to ask for seperation and divorce and come back to fight the lady or the man, it shows the man is an enemy of progress.

Fine they are seperated nd the lady has moved on for good, im happy for her, you asked a question and you tabled her story for discuss, slot of people will also learn from it.
But my point is you need to scratch the issue deeper and dig deep into the the root cause so men and women will learn from it while some will answer your question.

As it is now the table has been opened for feminist them. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by bukatyne(f): 11:29am On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:
Adviser wamagbe

Very funny.

You are not happy she moved on well?

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by bukatyne(f): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2019
@peachbloom

Let the wife get a restraining order and face her new home.

Except she has something to hide.

The ex's behavior is normal. When people throw away good relationships, they are always bitter. Especially when the discarded ex does way better than them.

Their reactions are dependent on their personalities.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by musabayokanu: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Becareful the advice you take from people.

keepingmum:
I am pleased you posted this because lots of african women have been brainwashed to believe "all men are the same"....especially when they are in toxic relationships/marriage.

This is an example of there is light ahead of the tunnel. You CAN walk away and start a new and healthy relationship where you treated with love and respect.

Dont stay because you have children: dont stay because you ttc and you dont want to leave because you have "nothing" to show for it, dont stay because of what "people would say", dont stay because you have dated each other fot 10 years", dont stay because you want him to see how much you have endured from him and hope that that would make him change, dont stay because uour inlaws/pastors said they would speak to him.

You should love yourself sooooooooo much that anyone , man/woman who comes into your life knows what you can and cannot accept.

Thank God she walked away and found her happy place. There is no timeline for when one moves on from a bad situation. As long as you are mentally strong to handle a new relationship and have healed then move on but choose your next partner wisely.

If shes from such a "bad and fetish" home as her ex spouse said, shouldnt he be glad that she is out of his life and now someone else's "problem"?? Hes bitter because he never thought she would move on, he never thought any onr would desire her and now he can't let go off his bitterness and jealousy.....let the lady's new family warn the ex from visiting their premises.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by musabayokanu: 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
More....

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:
More....

May I ask, to what end are all these pictures? She never in anyway attacked your opinion, she only gave hers and moved on.

I'm quite disappointed you had to go and dig up her past posts on her own life.

We all have our tipping point, and she had hers which made her make her choices.

I asked a question on time frame, she gave her opinion, and that is about it.

All these pictures weren't necessary. This is very lowly of you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Gloriagee(f): 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lunaatic alert! The guy get am for body? ogini?

Peachbloom:

To your question of what caused their fights.

I was in their home on two different occasions and something as trivial as a remote control for the dstv made this guy hit her head on the wall.

Second occasion was the fact that she lent her mother her own money, and the man was asking why she would do that. This lady hardly knows how to express herself and she was literally shaking all over. I kept begging this man to calm down, he put me in my place, and I had to stand back.

Right in my presence, he started hitting her and dragging her by the hair all over the place. It took the intervention of her neighbors on this particular day.

Now guess what, despite every I'll treatment, she stayed!

Oh I remember this, when her mum was in the hospital after her surgery, this guy came to the hospital and instructed her to leave her mother's bedside, I was there by her side too so I saw this.

When. She came the next day for the visit, she had hot oil scars!!

Before you start sarcastically casting aspersions, know that many men are actually mad, and her ex husband was part of.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Peachbloom(f): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
musabayokanu:

From all these you have posted, and from your replies to me, I see that you are a man who will like to eat your cake and have it!

Roles reversed, can you take half of what I stated happened to the lady?

No, you can't.

I don't subscribe to staying when things are abusive. Many women have lost their lives. I also don't subscribe to divorces either, which is why I tell the people involved, what is your heart telling you to do? Whatever it is, you will be fine.

Marriages aren't rosy agreed. However, some are from the deeper pits of hell, so why stay when you can't go on.

In this lady's case, the following were quite obtainable (kindly note that this is with medical proofs) :

Physical torture and abuse.
Emotional bullying.
His family also started bullying her family (which I am a part of)
She was made to quit 2 jobs in the space of one and a half years all in the name of "why is your wife richer than you." by his family.

Who doesn't pray that his or her child be successful whether male or female?.

He turned her into a shadow of herself. Through all these, she was loyal.

Now things have got better you want to ruin it again?.

Her new mother in law has been so so supportive and prayerful, and the backing is beyond what I expected.

I am happy for her, but your comments are quite disturbing.

4 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by Gloriagee(f): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
End her life ke? Success is the best revenge! Tell her to end nothing and keep peppering dem. Na today?

Peachbloom:

To be honest with you, the issue has been on and off for a while, but this morning, she called me again asking me if she won't end her life in all these trouble.

I calmed her down, and told her, once you're done, you're done. There is no in-between, as the court has ruled them over.

I told her not to feel guilty or bothered about what the guy keeps spreading about her and her mum. I assured her of my support, and I reminded her that she is with children too, and also of her husband's unflinching support.

However, this man really wants to end this woman, I can tell you this authoritatively. From all of his actions. It's so sad that there is nothing one can do about it. Even court can just give him a restraining order, they cannot stop him from saying whatever it is he wants to say.

As it is now, it's pretty unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
Peachbloom:

From all these you have posted, and from your replies to me, I see that you are a man who will like to eat your cake and have it!

No, you can't.

I don't subscribe to staying when things are abusive. Many women have lost their lives. I also don't subscribe to divorces either, which is why I tell the people involved, what is your heart telling you to do? Whatever it is, you will be fine.

Marriages aren't rosy agreed. However, some are from the deeper pits of hell, so why stay when you can't go on.

In this lady's case, the following were quite obtainable (kindly note that this is with medical proofs) :

Emotional bullying.
She was made to quit 2 jobs in the space of one and a half years all in the name of "why is your wife richer than you." by his family.

Her new mother in law has been so so supportive and prayerful, and the backing is beyond what I expected.

Are you sure that is not the ex?
Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by ImaIma1(f): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Peachbloom:

No, you can't.

Emotional bullying.

The way he or she attacked your comment initially; asking if you were married and all sorts already showed the mindset and bias

5 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by hify9935(f): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2019
bukatyne:

Are you sure that is not the ex?
Maybe... he's pained, lol.

2 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by SirVintageCock: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2019
musabayokanu:
More....
embarassed embarassed. What are we supposed to do with this?
You want to shut her up after 8 years of posting her pains and moving on with her life?
You are just like this woman's husband, an emotional wreck with the mindset of a raving lunatic who never believed anybody will have a good life without them in it?

Distasteful embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by sisisioge: 11:15am On Aug 31, 2019
No to your question.

Lucky lady she is! Hugs and kisses to her...may God bless her new family. Shame onto the weak sperm shooter ex horssleband! Arindin banza oshi!

2 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by sisisioge: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2019
musabayokanu:

Oga, May God deliver you from the spirit of hate and bitterness. Forrking live and let others live...no one care about your forrrking truth! You are such dutchbag!
Whew! I am sorry fa, but your kind is a menace to dear earth.

5 Likes

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by yeyeosoronga: 5:11am On Sep 01, 2019
Peachbloom:

No, you can't.

Emotional bullying.

Many naturally jealous people out here in cyberspace who even get bitter and jealous about the lives of people they have never met or will never meet. Always wishing for the downfall of others. The guy you quoted sadly falls into that category.
Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by ahnie: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
Peachbloom:

May I ask, to what end are all these pictures? She never in anyway attacked your opinion, she only gave hers and moved on.

I'm quite disappointed you had to go and dig up her past posts on her own life.

We all have our tipping point, and she had hers which made her make her choices.

I asked a question on time frame, she gave her opinion, and that is about it.

All these pictures weren't necessary. This is very lowly of you.

This z the reason why people shy away from discussing deep personal issues...because pained and aggrive people would always look for something to mock with.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2019
Wow.....this is great. Thank God she ran from such marriage before the wicked hubby killed her. Who knows, the former husband must have been the impotent one. She had better keep the new marriage safe, I wonder how the former husband knows her new home.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me, I Am Dying Slowly / Stop That Smell In Your Toilet And Bathrooms! It's Embarassing (pix & video) / Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.