Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year (47732 Views)

Lewandowski Beats Messi, Jorginho To 2021 Golden Player Award / Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week / Ronaldo Is Highest Earner On Instagram, Beats Messi, Beckham, Ibrahimovic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by lexy2014: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
DanXplore:

Don't quote only a part of the quote to suit yourself. This was the full quote for contextual understanding,

The bolded meant I am dissociating myself from agreeing that Ronaldo was "outstanding" unlike Messi. That Ronaldo wasn't outstanding does not mean he was not better than VVD from my point of view., neither am I suggesting that VVD is better than Ronaldo.

Messi is in a class apart from his contemporaries.

Then u shouldn't have any problems with this. U avoided it b4.

lexy2014:

In terms of d "individual contributions", kindly elucidate.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
Equity15:
funny enough, I saw this comment without checking the moniker and I immediately knew it was you
I don't know why people forget about the MVP of the semi final and final just because they want to hype VVD more!! !

According to UEFA, VVD is far better than Ronaldo+Mane+Salah combined in 2019!!!

What a Wawu!!

On top Origi shocked shocked

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
eni4real:
51 goals in 50 games.. That is a goal in every game... What else so you want him to do

All the mediocres in Barcelona team should be weeded off of they want to win the treble again!!!

Messi will always be inhibited by weak teamwork!!! More core to the midfield and Defence... Even Griezmann and Neymar will not change anything!!!

Individually, Messi is the best but according to UEFA, VVD is better than Messi+ CR7 combined in 2019!!!

Someone that would end the season trophyless without Origi!!! VVD qualify to be the Liverpool GOAT now!!!

600+ career goals is not a product of overhype, it is a product of hardwork and excellence!!!
50 goals most scored against huesca,real betis and others... if it's goals lewandowski has more than mane as such should be ahead of Neymar stop this rubbish and thrash u are selling

2 Likes

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Equity15(m): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
eni4real:
I don't know why people forget about the MVP of the semi final and final just because they want to hype VVD more!! !

According to UEFA, VVD is far better than Ronaldo+Mane+Salah combined in 2019!!!

What a Wawu!!

On top Origi shocked shocked
lol.. dem don use this origi swear...you're the only person that mentions him in this NL..as I see origi, or any post praising messi, I don know say na you

1 Like

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by SaintAdah: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
DanXplore:
Virgil is good but not good enough for player of the year. My opinion. They will bring one stinking reason of Virgil being the best because he won UEFA or because they want to end the tenacity of Messi and Ronaldo.

Modified#

Deep down VVD's heart, he knows Messi and Ronaldo are far better than him. Lol
oga go seat don make I hear word, vvd deserved it big time!

2 Likes

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by TruthinAction: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
I just feel they don't want it to be Messi and Ronaldo show every year. Let someone else get the award.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
50 goals most scored against huesca,real betis and others... if it's goals lewandowski has more than mane as such should be ahead of Neymar stop this rubbish and thrash u are selling
36 goals in the La Liga.. You expect him to score this playing in the EPL or SerieA?? He played against teams in his league of course?! 36 goals against 30 teams!! Add deep respect to his name!!! You may never see any player doing that again. .. When. Salah scored 32 goals without any trophies last season, you should see how much he was hyped!!! Messi has spoiled you guys, you think 36 league goal is easy?? No wonder he has won most European Golden shoe in history! ! He makes excellent things look normal

12 UCL goals?? C'mon he did not score all that against Huesca!!! Out of the 12. He had a double against each Finalist teams, Tottenham and Liverpool!!!
He did not win the UCL?? Not everyone has Origi, Okay??
No single players can be everywhere at the same time on the field.
While VVD was busy shadow marking, Allison was saving one on one chances, Origi was scoring goals!!
Without Origi, Liverpool would end the season trophyless!!! Shikena!!!!

How VVD becomes better than Ronaldo+Mane+Salah+Allison combined is very baffling...
300 what??
Save the hype abeg...

He has won it already, he will surely win the Ballon d'or too. Another Modric??
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Equity15:
lol.. dem don use this origi swear...you're the only person that mentions him in this NL..as I see origi, or any post praising messi, I don know say na you
What Salah and Firmino could not do in the 1st Leg, Origi did in the second leg...
He make Barcelona defence look like a kindergarten assembly!!!

If Harry Kane do something similar, I mean come back from, may be injury or suspension to score a brace in a comeback win of the UCL semi final (2nd leg) and score the winning goal of the UCL final,
He will be hyped for the UEFA best award straight!!!

I don't know why VVD become far better than Ronaldo+Mane+Salah+Allison combined overnight in UEFA statistics...

It is a Wawu!!!

1 Like

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by PopeFlatino(m): 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
Not really...the award is basically won by UCL winners..they don't really consider domestic league forms nor national team performance..Check d history,even Ribery and Iniesta has all won it yet Messi and Ronaldo scooped the Balloon d"or those years....Don't be surprised VVD will even finish 3rd behind Messi and Cr7 during d ballon d"or awards
TSRC:

The best player in Europe for the year deserves the world best.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by PopeFlatino(m): 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
But Messi won 3 golden boots,La Liga Champion,Third plaxe Copa America and silver for Copa del Rey...UCL semi that xr7 couldn't reach ...when last did Cr7 won a League Golden boot?..can u remember? grin
crazygod:

Thank u very much. I don't know why some people don't think objectively. If going by the records too, Ronaldo won Serie A league and also won Europe Nations Cup. Messi that couldn't even score in Anfield.
Abeg VVD deserves it.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by PopeFlatino(m): 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
Guy Mane deserves it more than any other Liverpool player..Racism has been playing part since the English Media has chosen to baptise vVD ahead of our African hustlers
Alexiz031:

Messi was there when Barcelona lost a 3 goal advantage at anfield to Virgil's Liverpool
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by PECON1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sadio mane is the best Liverpool player last season.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by mystical109(m): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
Neimarjnr:
Van Dijk wan destroy Ronaldo record

Chaii second player to win World Best (England)

Man United fans go cry taya
The first player to win the best player is from England
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by caracas: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
He beats TWO GOATS WOW WOW, up liverpool!
Point of correction, there is only one GOAT( Lionel Messi ) n he shares no power
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Elxandre(m): 12:01am On Aug 30, 2019
oghenerobo91:

They do but not when someone else was more outstanding.
Cannavaro won it because zidane headbutted matarazzi
The same VVD silenced Messi and friends in the Champions league.
That's the moment Messi lost the accolades.

1 Like

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2019
SaintAdah:
oga go seat don make I hear word, vvd deserved it big time!

Why?
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 30, 2019
lexy2014:

Then u shouldn't have any problems with this. U avoided it b4.

You seem confused. Ask someone around to explain my responses to you. Lol
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 12:32am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
VVD will never get better than this... He should go and ask Modric!!!
Do Modric or Van Dijk play the same position?

Are they the same person

Are they the same age?

Can u See the future to know he won't get better?

2 Likes

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 12:36am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
This is not a transfer hype..

This is an award hype... To say that Harry Kane is among the top 10 best player in the World is a complete overhype!!!

To say that a player that was avoiding dribbling is the best player in a team that has 97 points(an attacking team that produce 2 Golden boots winners) is a form of hype..
It become an overhype when they say he overturned a deficit that was actually pulled off by Origi, or that he won the Super Cup, something that Mane and Adrian obviously did!!! !

Who will pay to watch a player not being dribbled,, games are won by goals!!!

If he defend well, yes he worth the best defender award...

But to be the best player in athr whole Europe against a 50+ goals, 20+ Assists kinda player, you have to be the one calling shot not Origi!!!
Puyol score the only goal that make Spain defeat Germany in the semi final of the World cup, so I know what I mean!!!
Croatia's World Cup run was hyped more than the Champions (France) yet Modric won it. Was that not an award hype?

Will u also tell me it was only the English media that hyped Modric and Croatia
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Croatia's World Cup run was hyped more than the Champions (France) yet Modric won it. Was that not an award hype?

Will u also tell me it was only the English media that hyped Modric and Croatia
Modric took a lowly Croatia to the World cup final Al and he won the World cup golden ball. I think he deserve it...
Griezmann and Hazard has more stacked team..

You also seems to be justifying Modric Ballon d'or tho!!

See life tongue
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Do Modric or Van Dijk play the same position?

Are they the same person

Are they the same age?

Can u See the future to know he won't get better?
Origi will not be there to carry the team when it matters again...
VVD will not win this kind the UCL best award again in his career!!
He will win everything this year tho. The hype is baffling!!!

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by 9inches(m): 1:49am On Aug 30, 2019
Who be Van Dijk bikokwanu?
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Mackyjay: 2:00am On Aug 30, 2019
MTN BUSTED AGAIN
Get 5gb for 750 on MTN
http://www.winneronetrading.com/61350//o104J/?sc=1&sc=1&l=1&ppy=5737645&i=5737645

THANK ME LATER
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Xpress24(m): 2:11am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
row
tanx bro
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by educhigo: 2:40am On Aug 30, 2019
liverpool have made van dijk join goat grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 2:52am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Modric took a lowly Croatia to the World cup final Al and he won the World cup golden ball. I think he deserve it...
Griezmann and Hazard has more stacked team..

You also seems to be justifying Modric Ballon d'or tho!!

See life tongue
I'm not justifying Modric's award or nothing. As Modric was singled out for the award, so also was Van Dijk singled out.

The whole first eleven can't collect the award.

Vvd played more minutes than Origi
Vvd had more impact in games than Origi
If Arnold hadn't made the pass, Origi wouldn't have scored
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by babajay109(m): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2019
fmc1 , you are a liar, he only won best defender award
Check the latest news, europe player of the year included.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 2:59am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Origi will not be there to carry the team when it matters again...
VVD will not win this kind the UCL best award again in his career!!
He will win everything this year tho. The hype is baffling!!!
So they said b4 he got it. So they say until he gets it again.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 30, 2019
I call him MINISTER OF DEFENCE IN PREMIER LEAGUE
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 3:02am On Aug 30, 2019
babajay109:
fmc1 , you are a liar, he only won best defender award
Check the latest news, europe player of the year included.
Where you dey get ur "latest" news?

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
I'm not justifying Modric's award or nothing. As Modric was singled out for the award, so also was Van Dijk singled out.

The whole first eleven can't collect the award.

Vvd played more minutes than Origi
Vvd had more impact in games than Origi
If Arnold hadn't made the pass, Origi wouldn't have scored
More minutes than Origi..

Origi did a major comeback...

Without that those more minutes will end in a trophyless season!!!
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 3:17am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
More minutes than Origi..

Origi did a major comeback...

Without that those more minutes will end in a trophyless season!!!

This one u are hammering on Origi likw this. Wetin we go do for Gini Wijnaldum? Arnold that did the Assist nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

England Vs Denmark: EURO 2020 Semi-Finals 2 - 1 (Live) / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / 10 Football Players With The Most Trophies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.