Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,206 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year (47730 Views)

Lewandowski Beats Messi, Jorginho To 2021 Golden Player Award / Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week / Ronaldo Is Highest Earner On Instagram, Beats Messi, Beckham, Ibrahimovic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by raphy(m): 5:28am On Aug 30, 2019
As a diehard Liverpool fan we say congratulations to our player..yes he never walk alone..this one will make him give his very best for the team anytime...
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Neimarjnr: 6:20am On Aug 30, 2019
maxwell530:
bro don't be misinformed, Ronaldo is not the first player playing in England to win Balon Dor.... Infact the first player to win that award was an English player playing for Blackpool,his name is Stanley Matthews. And 5 different players have since won that award before Ronaldo won in 08. Ronaldo balon Dor is a product of media hype by his fans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or

i said world best not ballon d'or
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by coldFLARES1(m): 6:27am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
You fail to mention the man that make it possible for VVD today, Origi shocked shocked
grin. Origi's a part of the team. I like him a lot and is not mindful of the fact that he was the most most vital person that stood up to be counted when Salah, Mane and VVD were unavailable.

I'd like to see him more this season.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by lexy2014: 7:02am On Aug 30, 2019
DanXplore:

You seem confused. Ask someone around to explain my responses to you. Lol

Ur responses are at best ambiguous& very simplistic. "VVD is good but Messi& Ronaldo are better". Is that ur definition of "individual contributions"? "Messi is outstanding". That's very elementary& shallow 4a person who isnt confused when u are comparing one player with another. In simple English, in what way was Messi more outstanding than VVD in d season under review?
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:44am On Aug 30, 2019
uunwanaobong3:

Did van dirk won uefa nation league?

His only trophy was a champions league

Infact the best player on that nation league who also won 5 trophies (bernado silva) was not even among the top 10 players

I can't just imagine what would happen if liverpool win the the numbers of trophies mancity won in the last two season.
Overhyping is not good.

Just Look at modric does he resemble an immediate past world best? Infact he was one of the worst player in madrid last season... Imagine coutiou in madrid world best keeper? Laugable and now van dirk ..... Fifa and uefa dey decieve themself.
Just imagine harry kane in fifa top 10 list ahead of benado silva, debruyne, aguero and stirling.
Van dirk, one season wonder with one trophy at the age of 29 yr
He won the Super Cup against Chelsea too
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
51 goals in 50 games.. That is a goal in every game... What else so you want him to do

All the mediocres in Barcelona team should be weeded off of they want to win the treble again!!!

Messi will always be inhibited by weak teamwork!!! More core to the midfield and Defence... Even Griezmann and Neymar will not change anything!!!

Individually, Messi is the best but according to UEFA, VVD is better than Messi+ CR7 combined in 2019!!!

Someone that would end the season trophyless without Origi!!! VVD qualify to be the Liverpool GOAT now!!!

600+ career goals is not a product of overhype, it is a product of hardwork and excellence!!!
Old man defending messi,when we messi win a trophy for Argentina? Its not by scoring Pk in barca,where was messi when Liverpool won the Champions league last season
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 30, 2019
lexy2014:

Ur responses are at best ambiguous& very simplistic. "VVD is good but Messi& Ronaldo are better". Is that ur definition of "individual contributions"? "Messi is outstanding". That's very elementary& shallow 4a person who isnt confused when u are comparing one player with another. In simple English, in what way was Messi more outstanding than VVD in d season under review?

LMAO, are u indirectly suggesting I illustrate further? To do so, I would need to analyse Messi under the effect of his role on the team, playmaking, goal contributions etc. vis a vis VVD but this in all honesty is not worth my time. Please, enjoy VVD victory while it last. See you in september for FIFA awards and December for the prestigious BDr.

2 Likes

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by lexy2014: 8:08am On Aug 30, 2019
DanXplore:

LMAO, are u indirectly suggesting I illustrate further? To do so, I would need to analyse Messi under the effect of his role on the team, playmaking, goal contributions etc. vis a vis VVD but this in all honesty is not worth my time. Please, enjoy VVD victory while it last. See you in september for FIFA awards and December for the prestigious BDr.

I am not "indirectly suggesting" that u illustrate further, am directly saying that u should illustrate further. If analysing Messi and VVDs contributions to their individual teams isn't worthy of ur time, then u saying "VVD is good but Messi & Ronaldo are better", shouldn't have been worthy of ur time except u saying u can't prove what u said. Whether VVD wins or not, doesn't bother me so I don't no d enjoyment u are referring. But if u say d guy doesn't deserve it more than Messi or Ronaldo, then u should b able to explain y. So far, u just couldn't do that
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Adjoyvi9: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2019
DanXplore:

The contribution Messi made as a forward is far better then what VVD made as a defender. Use your brain.

For Barcelona? And where did it lead them?
All this Barcelona fans self, Liverpool no be una mate.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Adjoyvi9: 9:14am On Aug 30, 2019
DanXplore:

Look at their individual contributions. I don't know about Ronaldo, but Messi was outstanding during the UEFA period. Only issue is that he did not win. If not for Dembele's slackness, VVD will not even be nominated.

Even if dembele had scored d fourth goal, Liverpool will still score 5 smiley

1 Like

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Adjoyvi9: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
He will never win it again!! He is just a product of overhype...

The guy that is avoiding dribbling is the best player in a team that produce 2 EPL Golden boots winner with 97 points, an attacking team!!! What figure of speech is that 'Overhype'
He overturned 3 goal deficit something that was actually pulled off by Origi!!! Another Overhype (as if he didn't play when they conceded 3 away, almost 4 but for Allison save of Dembele one on one ball).

He won the Super Cup, a trophy won by Mane brace and Adrian penalty shoot-out save!!!
Another Overhype!!!!

He is the best as a defender!!! Definitely, yes

But as an overall best player, especially against a 50goals+, 20assist+ a season kinda player, that is a complete overhype...

He will never get better than this!!
Salah own last season(trophyless Salah even make top 3 Ballon d'or, nice overhype), VVD own this season of overhype!
All I see is another Modric!! !

On the other hand, Salah is good but VVD is not that good.. Goals win games not avoidance of dribbling!!!

Salah out classes both Messi and Ronaldo that season, go and check out his goals vs Tottenham, Watford, Southampton, arsenal, Manchester city, Porto etc. He did not win because he didn't win any trophy. He even scored a corner kick for Egypt. He dragged highest goal scorer with Messi and Ronaldo despite taking just one penalty for Liverpool. Remove Messi and Ronaldos pk for that season and see if Salah won't top both of them.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2019
DanXplore:
Virgil is good but not good enough for player of the year. My opinion. They will bring one stinking reason of Virgil being the best because he won UEFA or because they want to end the tenacity of Messi and Ronaldo.

Modified#

Deep down VVD's heart, he knows Messi and Ronaldo are far better than him. Lol
the award is not about who has had a better career. It is about UEFA'S best player of the year. This year UEFA decided Van Dijk should win it. Anybody who does not understand the reason for him winning it this year is not being sincere...
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Jaytecq(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2019
eskorelvis:

Mister, when last did Messi win a Uefa competition is my question. Vvd Worth's d award, even Ronaldo won an Uefa competition being d Uefa nations league this year and u r talking balderdash

some times people like u leave the context and show d level of lack of comprehension. for heaven sake this award is a yearly award no one is talking abt last season on 50 seasons ago.

your questions show how shallow u ar in football. so winning a Uefa competition now guarantee u to be Best Player.... laugh.

the times Messi and Ronaldo won d Award did dey won d Competition on all d occasion?

bro speak with fact not just ur opinion or the way u feel on a Friday morning.

learn to stick to context and not show ur ignorance in football.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Jaytecq(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
the award is not about who has had a better career. It is about UEFA'S best player of the year. This year UEFA decided Van Dijk should win it. Anybody who does not understand the reason for him winning it this year is not being sincere...

i really like how u narrow things down, but please tell me two things y u think VVD merit dis award dan Mane or Allison this season
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2019
Adjoyvi9:

Salah out classes both Messi and Ronaldo that season, go and check out his goals vs Tottenham, Watford, Southampton, arsenal, Manchester city, Porto etc. He did not win because he didn't win any trophy. He even scored a corner kick for Egypt. He dragged highest goal scorer with Messi and Ronaldo despite taking just one penalty for Liverpool. Remove Messi and Ronaldos pk for that season and see if Salah won't top both of them.
Outclassed without winning any trophy!!!
See your mouth like outclassed Messi and Ronaldo.

And he was outclassed by Ramos right?? Since that is how you want us to define it!!!
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 30, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Old man defending messi,when we messi win a trophy for Argentina? Its not by scoring Pk in barca,where was messi when Liverpool won the Champions league last season
Nobody score 51 PK goals!! And Messi is older than meeee shocked shocked shocked
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
I'm not justifying Modric's award or nothing. As Modric was singled out for the award, so also was Van Dijk singled out.

The whole first eleven can't collect the award.

Vvd played more minutes than Origi
Vvd had more impact in games than Origi
If Arnold hadn't made the pass, Origi wouldn't have scored
Goals seal come backs not avoiding dribbling
Goals win 97 points, not avoiding dribbling
Goals produce 2 EPL golden boot winners, not avoiding dribbling
Goals ensure Liverpool made it to the penalty shoot-out of the UEFA super cup despite conceding 2goals, not avoiding dribbling..

VVD, at his best, is the best defender.. He also have other good defenders as partner and have the best goalkeeoer in the World right now, who is always good with/without VVD as evidenced by Copa America win!!!

To now put the whole achievement of the club on the guy that was not dribbled just because he was crowned the PFA player... To the extent that what Origi sealed, Arnold created, Mane braced In Super cup etc all becomes individual achievement shows how overhyped the whole setting is!!!

VVD take credits for everything down in the team including the attack to the point that, he is being viewed by UEFA as a ayer better than Messi+Ronaldo combined in 2019!!!
The points are comic relief!!!

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Goals seal come backs not avoiding dribbling
Goals win 97 points, not avoiding dribbling
Goals produce 2 EPL golden boot winners, not avoiding dribbling
Goals ensure Liverpool made it to the penalty shoot-out of the UEFA super cup despite conceding 2goals, not avoiding dribbling..

VVD, at his best, is the best defender.. He also have other good defenders as partner and have the best goalkeeoer in the World right now, who is always good with/without VVD as evidenced by Copa America win!!!

To now put the whole achievement of the club on the guy that was not dribbled just because he was crowned the PFA player... To the extent that what Origi sealed, Arnold created, Mane braced In Super cup etc all becomes individual achievement shows how overhyped the whole setting is!!!

VVD take credits for everything down in the team including the attack to the point that, he is being viewed by UEFA as a ayer better than Messi+Ronaldo combined in 2019!!!
The points are comic relief!!!
Dis dribble avoidance u are still jumping on still baffles me. Did he not do his job of defending? Who cares if he got dribbled or not?
Did the dribble lead to a goal?
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Dis dribble avoidance u are still jumping on still baffles me. Did he not do his job of defending? Who cares if he got dribbled or not?
Did the dribble lead to a goal?
He did his job as a defender, so was Matip and other defenders... In fact, Trent contributed in the attack when it matter most..
For the defending, aerial ability and conduct, VVD deserves to be the best defender in the world !!

But the only stats that hype VVD to the level of the best player award, is that dribbling avoidance stat!!

Opta brought that stat out just after the UCL final... That is what the media used to campaign for him.. They so much overhype that so as convinced people that he deserves to be the best player despite the fact he plays in an attacking team.

A defender may be crowned the best player in an attacking team... 1 in 100 occasions.. Very rare..
. But such player cannot be better than a 50gials+, 20Assists+ kinda player...

UEFA best player award should be changed to

UCL winner representative award!!!

But the truth is, with the way VVD is hyped he will win the Ballon d'or ahead of players who did well in Leagues, domestic Copa, UEFA Nations League and Copa America

UEFA has overhyped him further with those points:

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
MadCow1:
Last Season, VVD was the most expensive defender in the league.. He won the UEFA Champions League, came second in the Premier League, came second in the UEFA Nations League, won the UEFA defender of the year, UEFA player of the year and Premier league player of the year..

Harry Maguire costs more than VVD.. So United will win the Premier League, Champions League, UEFA Nations League and All the player of the year trophy.

Thanks
can somebody shout hallelujah?

H A L L E L U Y A H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen?

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
He did his job as a defender, so was Matip and other defenders... In fact, Trent contributed in the attack when it matter most..
For the defending, aerial ability and conduct, VVD deserves to be the best defender in the world !!

But the only stats that hype VVD to the level of the best player award, is that dribbling avoidance stat!!

Opta brought that stat out just after the UCL final... That is what the media used to campaign for him.. They so much overhype that so as convinced people that he deserves to be the best player despite the fact he plays in an attacking team.

A defender may be crowned the best player in an attacking team... 1 in 100 occasions.. Very rare..
. But such player cannot be better than a 50gials+, 20Assists+ kinda player...

UEFA best player award should be changed to

UCL winner representative award!!!

But the truth is, with the way VVD is hyped he will win the Ballon d'or ahead of players who did well in Leagues, domestic Copa, UEFA Nations League and Copa America

UEFA has overhyped him further with those points:
Meaning judging by what u typed, UEFA and Balon d'or awards should be for only players who can score over 30 or 40 goals in a season so it should be for mainly attackers.

Copa America is not a European competition FYI.

Quagariella that got the highest goal scorer in seria a wasn't nominated but Ronaldo that was fifth was nominated. Is that one too not overhyped
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Meaning judging by what u typed, UEFA and Balon d'or awards should be for only players who can score over 30 or 40 goals in a season so it should be for mainly attackers.

Copa America is not a European competition FYI.

Quagariella that got the highest goal scorer in seria a wasn't nominated but Ronaldo that was fifth was nominated. Is that one too not overhyped
Are you being theoretical here??

Point of correction, 50goals+, 20 assists+ a season, most MOTM a season !!!

Quagrilera example is like comparing a Piatek with Raul!
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by eskorelvis: 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jaytecq:

some times people like u leave the context and show d level of lack of comprehension. for heaven sake this award is a yearly award no one is talking abt last season on 50 seasons ago.

your questions show how shallow u ar in football. so winning a Uefa competition now guarantee u to be Best Player.... laugh.

the times Messi and Ronaldo won d Award did dey won d Competition on all d occasion?

bro speak with fact not just ur opinion or the way u feel on a Friday morning.

learn to stick to context and not show ur ignorance in football.
I can see u are a Messi fan, just say it. Check d previous winners, Modric last year and Ronaldo for d past 2 years, did they win d UCL or not when they got d Uefa best player? Answer that.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee to win d UCL to win UCL best player, but VVD worth day trophy far far more than Messi. VVD won d UCL and UEFA super cup also, plus his team progressed over Messi's by beating them 4-0, or have u forgotten soo quickly? Messi couldn't save his team and u claim for him to be Uefa best, wat for? Vvd came second in Uefa nations league so pls don't argue with me

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Adjoyvi9: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Outclassed without winning any trophy!!!
See your mouth like outclassed Messi and Ronaldo.

And he was outclassed by Ramos right?? Since that is how you want us to define it!!!

U are just a bitter and pained Barcelona fan. Liverpool football club is not ur mate any time and day. If you meet them this year again, they will knock u out............ smiley smiley
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Are you being theoretical here??

Point of correction, 50goals+, 20 assists+ a season, most MOTM a season !!!

Quagrilera example is like comparing a Piatek with Raul!
The award is given to the best player in his/her domestic league or any UEFA competition and his/her impact on and off the field. U said Vvd shouldn't have gotten it bcus he didn't score up to those goals and assists and I put it to u that Vvd wasn't the top scorer, Ronaldo wasn't top scorer in either Ucl or seria a.
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
EbukaHades10:
The award is given to the best player in his/her domestic league or any UEFA competition and his/her impact on and off the field. U said Vvd shouldn't have gotten it bcus he didn't score up to those goals and assists and I put it to u that Vvd wasn't the top scorer, Ronaldo wasn't top scorer in either Ucl or seria a.
Nobody expect VVD to score goals.
He passed as a defender...

But using dribbling avoidance stat to overhype him or to make him look greater than a 50 goals+, 20 assists + player is baffling...

Messi has spoiled everyone, that stat does not look new to anyone because he always pull it off every season..

I put it to you that if Harry Kane has the same stat, 50 goals, 20 assist, win the EPL, win the European Golden shoe, win the UCL Golden boot, he will surely clinch the UEFA best award even if his team falter in the UCL semi final...
VVD will not even be mentioned close to him because Harry Kane will have his PR team at full stretch...

But a man like Messi, always making excellent stats look ordinary!!!

. How come Opta did not come up with this "dribbling avoidance" stat from the group stage of the UCL?Offensive players would have pounced on him intentionally for real... They released the overhyped stat after the UCL final.. When someone is shadow marking, how would attackers know that he was on that trend??
Well, VVD will win the Ballon d'or now!!! The overhype is real..

Event: VVD says it is not bad if a female ref officiate the UEFA super cup

Media: Wow! What an extraordinary speech. That is why he is the best in the game now grin

Is that not what you call conduct off the field??

Best Player award should be restricted to performance on the field, and not emotionalism!!!
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
36 goals in the La Liga.. You expect him to score this playing in the EPL or SerieA?? He played against teams in his league of course?! 36 goals against 30 teams!! Add deep respect to his name!!! You may never see any player doing that again. .. When. Salah scored 32 goals without any trophies last season, you should see how much he was hyped!!! Messi has spoiled you guys, you think 36 league goal is easy?? No wonder he has won most European Golden shoe in history! ! He makes excellent things look normal

12 UCL goals?? C'mon he did not score all that against Huesca!!! Out of the 12. He had a double against each Finalist teams, Tottenham and Liverpool!!!
He did not win the UCL?? Not everyone has Origi, Okay??
No single players can be everywhere at the same time on the field.
While VVD was busy shadow marking, Allison was saving one on one chances, Origi was scoring goals!!
Without Origi, Liverpool would end the season trophyless!!! Shikena!!!!

How VVD becomes better than Ronaldo+Mane+Salah+Allison combined is very baffling...
300 what??
Save the hype abeg...

He has won it already, he will surely win the Ballon d'or too. Another Modric??
you are just an obsessed messi fan simple... the game is not about attackers alone.... VVD has done well and would still do well this season...you are not intelligent than coaches and journalist who voted for VVD.... u keep repeating without others VVD won't have won nothing... can Messi play alone is it not someone that ll give him a pass to score....a man who best player in England yet u think he is worth to beat a LA liga champion...
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Adjoyvi9: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Nobody expect VVD to score goals.
He passed as a defender...

But using dribbling avoidance stat to overhype him or to make him look greater than a 50 goals+, 20 assists + player is baffling...

Messi has spoiled everyone, that stat does not look new to anyone because he always pull it off every season..

I put it to you that if Harry Kane has the same stat, 50 goals, 20 assist, win the EPL, win the European Golden shoe, win the UCL Golden boot, he will surely clinch the UEFA best award even if his team falter in the UCL semi final...
VVD will not even be mentioned close to him because Harry Kane will have his PR team at full stretch...

But a man like Messi, always making excellent stats look ordinary!!!

. How come Opta did not come up with this "dribbling avoidance" stat from the group stage of the UCL?Offensive players would have pounced on him intentionally for real... They released the overhyped stat after the UCL final.. When someone is shadow marking, how would attackers know that he was on that trend??
Well, VVD will win the Ballon d'or now!!! The overhype is real..

Event: VVD says it is not bad if a female ref officiate the UEFA super cup

Media: Wow! What an extraordinary speech. That is why he is the best in the game now grin

Is that not what you call conduct off the field??

Best Player award should be restricted to performance on the field, and not emotionalism!!!

U keep shouting dribbling avoidance... The video is on YouTube van dijk bullying all the stars, Ronaldo, Messi, mbappe, neymar, aguero, kante, hazard, Suarez, etc

.. Go and watch pained Barcelona fan.
:-P:-D:-D
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are just an obsessed messi fan simple... the game is not about attackers alone.... VVD has done well and would still do well this season...you are not intelligent than coaches and journalist who voted for VVD.... u keep repeating without others VVD won't have won nothing... can Messi play alone is it not someone that ll give him a pass to score....a man who best player in England yet u think he is worth to beat a LA liga champion...
Goals with games! Goal seal a major come-back after Liverpool was down with 3 goals..
Avoidance of dribbling is not responsible for that!!!
That match make the difference for Liverpool, without the come back, they would end the season trophyless!!!

How VVD become better than Ronaldo+Mane+Salah+Allison combined is very baffling...

May be I am obsessed with the POINTS from the "experts"..
It is time for a defender to win it, they said...
I see a goalkeeper winning the next Ballon d'or because VVD is the man good enough to equal Ronaldo Ballon d'or status in the EPL!!!

Nice Points tho! VVD is 6 times better than Mane in 2019!

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
Adjoyvi9:

U keep shouting dribbling avoidance... The video is on YouTube van dijk bullying all the stars, Ronaldo, Messi, mbappe, neymar, aguero, kante, hazard, Suarez, etc

.. Go and watch pained Barcelona fan.
:-P:-D:-D
How can someone that shadow Mark bully stars...
. So you are saying that Nicolas Pepe is better than all those stars, that is what make him to be the first player to officially (Gnabry, Silva, did that in the UNL tho) dribble him...
Why did they hid this overhyped stat until the end of the UCL..
All Stats are always in full view.. Especially attackers and midfielder stats.. There is a lot of competition among them.. That is why you see strikers stretching themselves to overtake another player.. If normally they should just score 1 goal, they might have to stretch themselves to score 2 more just to compete with other guys. They play beyond their normal jobs... They play to defend their stats..

Why was VVD dribbling avoidance stat hidden till the end of a season.. If they brought it out from the group stage, I am sure it will be long destroyed. It is a meaningless stat for a defender!! Especially the one that love calling other defenders to mark wheile he shadow marked!! !
That does not take anything from him as the best defender in the world.. .

But to be the best player in the world against a 50gials+ 20 assist+ players, it has to be more than Puyol and Sergio Ramos combined level!!
It has to be more than a Maldini level
It has to be more than Vidic+Terry combined level!!!

VVD is the player that break Ronaldo Ballon d'or record in EPL. Wow, he should be the Liverpool GOAT then!!!.
Overhyped tongue
Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jaytecq:

i really like how u narrow things down, but please tell me two things y u think VVD merit dis award dan Mane or Allison this season
Ok then, I agree that all the players on the list performed well in their own right, but in any award there can only be one winner. Ask any Liverpool fan about who their choice for the award should be and the result would be unanimous..
Remember that this is not his first award. He cleared the domestic awards in English top flight football for the same period under review.
Liverpool let in the least amount of goals in the top flight last year. Two people were responsible for that, the defensive masterclass called Van Dijk and the goal keeping brilliance of Allison. If you take matters again to the public jury as to who was more significant between both the answer would be unanimous.
Some years ago, a player like Van Dijk wouldn't even be in the conversation, because he is a defender. If people are upset because a defender won it,then it's time to get used to it because perceptions about their importance has changed. Good defenders are becoming just as expensive as attack minded players..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
How can someone that shadow Mark bully stars...
. So you are saying that Nicolas Pepe is better than all those stars, that is what make him to be the first player to officially (Gnabry, Silva, did that in the UNL tho) dribble him...
Why did they hid this overhyped stat until the end of the UCL..
All Stats are always in full view.. Especially attackers and midfielder stats.. There is a lot of competition among them.. That is why you see strikers stretching themselves to overtake another player.. If normally they should just score 1 goal, they might have to stretch themselves to score 2 more just to compete with other guys. They play beyond their normal jobs... They play to defend their stats..

Why was VVD dribbling avoidance stat hidden till the end of a season.. If they brought it out from the group stage, I am sure it will be long destroyed. It is a meaningless stat for a defender!! Especially the one that love calling other defenders to mark wheile he shadow marked!! !
That does not take anything from him as the best defender in the world.. .

But to be the best player in the world against a 50gials+ 20 assist+ players, it has to be more than Puyol and Sergio Ramos combined level!!
It has to be more than a Maldini level
It has to be more than Vidic+Terry combined level!!!

VVD is the player that break Ronaldo Ballon d'or record in EPL. Wow, he should be the Liverpool GOAT then!!!.
Overhyped tongue
whatever level Van Dijk reached it, was enough to give him the award. History can judge the rest....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: CAF U17 Championship (0 - 1) On 25th Feb 2015 / England Vs Denmark: EURO 2020 Semi-Finals 2 - 1 (Live) / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.