Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide (59886 Views)

MTN Nigeria Reports ₦‎575.69 Billion Pre-Tax Loss In First Quarter Of 2024 / Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by toyinjimoh(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
g
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by honourablelumis: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
hope it will not affect the network? because o just subscribed 5gig yesterday.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by iReddington: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
thesicilian:
MTN keeps publicly condemning but never really do anything concrete. They know how to lobby the government to get juicy contracts but when it comes to lobbying their own government to prevent loss of lives and property, their arms are folded.
It's not MTN problem to lobby for social justice, take that to the government.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Naija4love(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
Its Nigerian workers that will suffer for it if MTN leaves Nigeria.
MTN is already rich. They are only helping us but we are ignorant
you and your family are only ignorant in this country, I can't blame you because none of your family move out of your village to work that why you talk trash

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Offpoint: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
If only Glo will provide a better network coverage... my MTN line woulda been long forgotten.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by honourablelumis: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
hope it will not affect the network? because o just subscribed yesterday
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Austineva(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Yes that is really good for them. Let d SA feel d pain too
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Yooseph(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
I received same message too.
Prevention is better than cure to avoid stories that touch.

Contact 08039723880 for PURE HONEY.

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by slaypapa: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

This is a Breach of contract. Subscribers have been manipulated to believe they come first.

If any security challenges, they can consult the security institutions in the country for protection.

What hurts the most is that I won't have the opportunity to get an iphone X. Was already planning to go hang around MTN Ikoyi just in case it's bursted.
grin
Denikayan:
Why!

This is a Breach of contract. Subscribers have been manipulated to believe they come first.

If any security challenges, they can consult the security institutions in the country for protection.

What hurts the most is that I won't have the opportunity to get an iphone X. Was already planning to go hang around MTN Ikoyi just in case it's bursted.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by shogsman(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
Shut your mouth if you can't use your brain to think before spewing trash ,mtn earned N453bn last year in Nigeria and you're saying rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Cha E, My MTN AIRTIME, HOPE IS SAFE?
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by UrVillagePpl: 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
normal levels
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Gtuns(m): 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kingpee2:
Violence is never a solution but rather chaos .

Zlatan - 2019 grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by joytothewise(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

lol guy you dey vex ooooo
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by adebuk47(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
President of the Economic Freedom Fighters had condemned the xenophobic attack against Africans in South Africa. 

Julius Malema, in a campaign lamented that the ugly incident is really most regretable and most unfortunate.
see what he said below.
don't forget to like, share and subscribe
*©️ JALABASE MEDIA ✊*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKfS1t2ny_I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by thesicilian: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
ednut1:
u lack sense. What is the business of mtn with xenophobia in the soweto and pretoria
Before you talk, think.
Before you criticize, research.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Ijaya123: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
gaventa:
However, the entire Mall is not owned by Shoprite, just the Shoprite store in the Mall.

MTN Nigeria

MTN Nigeria is not owned by Nigerians in whole. In fact, 85% of MTN Nigeria is directly owned by the South African company. MTN parent company own 76% while Stanbic IBTC (also South African) own 9%. The remaining are shared across many other organizations, including MTN cooperative society.

When MTN listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the shareholders refused to let go of their shares for public purchase.

DSTV Nigeria

DSTV Nigeria is a franchise owned by Mr. Ogunsanya of Multichoice. However, all revenues of the company go to South Africa while DSTV Nigeria only submits quarterly budgets to run the DSTV Nigeria to South Africa. The only way DSTV Nigeria gets paid is in the area of selling decoders, dish installation and others.

This is not to promote violent but merely a piece of information.

Source of this information please.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:

MTN Nigeria is already owned by Nigerian banks. Didnt the south african investors pull out after dt FG fine.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by judedwriter(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
Pojomojo:
Adewunmi Ogunsanya owns Multichoice Nigeria and the assets belong to him and his associates.
Tayo Amusan owns Palms shopping mall. Shoprite is just a tenant.
A lot of SA companies here are franchises owned by Nigerians.

You’re only hurting Nigerians. Stop the violence.

Nigerians hurting Nigerians because of foreign south Africans...irony and sarcastic. We have the right to be angry but wrong way to express our annoyances.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by sexybash(f): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
We do not even have a national carrier
If they go we will make go grand bastard of data more stupid

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by wristbangle: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:

Both will feel the heat in no particular percentage. By now, you should know MTN largest market is Nigeria. Now imagine if MTN operations licence is revoked here and some other part of Africa countries. Think about it dude

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Teeklef(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
Abi nao, they are not making profit and there CEO is the richest in the world....... Oponu ayirada
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by kingkuntaval: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
Adenuga right now..

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
I hope it all these will not affect MTN Scholarship Scheme......for this year

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Stevewonder004(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
No one prays for violence but when you are being treated as if you never existed then "Tit for tat" can only be the bell ringger.

I love Nigerian, we hate ourselves but we hate it most when others treats us like shits even though we almost all the time never treats ourselves better.

My brother can call me an outcast and we will take it as a play cos he is my brother but the day an outsider addresses me in such then it becomes a crime."

we can never find trouble but that doesn't mean we shouldn't welcome him when he comes and refuse to let go.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by anochuko01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
And you think MTN would make as much from any African country as they do from Nigeria? We have enough persons to invest in telecoms. It's better for Nigeria of they leave coz our money would remain here, rather than them sending it to SA

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by mmadu4: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Never knew we have people in Nigeria until now .
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by samcus(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

bad man
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Angelfrost(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Pojomojo:
Adewunmi Ogunsanya owns Multichoice Nigeria and the assets belong to him and his associates.
Tayo Amusan owns Palms shopping mall. Shoprite is just a tenant.
A lot of SA companies here are franchises owned by Nigerians.

You’re only hurting Nigerians. Stop the violence.

Will they listen?... Very dull citizens of a very dull nation, being led by a dullard. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by gaventa: 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
The world is a global village bros check and balance Dey game. I don’t have time to convince anyone.
Ijaya123:

Source of this information please.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by baby124: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
gaventa:
However, the entire Mall is not owned by Shoprite, just the Shoprite store in the Mall.

MTN Nigeria

MTN Nigeria is not owned by Nigerians in whole. In fact, 85% of MTN Nigeria is directly owned by the South African company. MTN parent company own 76% while Stanbic IBTC (also South African) own 9%. The remaining are shared across many other organizations, including MTN cooperative society.

When MTN listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the shareholders refused to let go of their shares for public purchase.

DSTV Nigeria

DSTV Nigeria is a franchise owned by Mr. Ogunsanya of Multichoice. However, all revenues of the company go to South Africa while DSTV Nigeria only submits quarterly budgets to run the DSTV Nigeria to South Africa. The only way DSTV Nigeria gets paid is in the area of selling decoders, dish installation and others.

This is not to promote violent but merely a piece of information.
LOL.... I see what you did here grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Forex Trading: How Profitable? / How To Detect Fake Bank Alert / Tang Jian: Story Of How Former Millionaire Turned Sausage Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.