Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency (50055 Views)

George Nkencho: Nigerian Killed By Police In Ireland. Abike Demands For Justice / Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business / Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by millionboi2: 4:55am On Sep 05, 2019
Lies
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Pathokpo: 4:57am On Sep 05, 2019
the president of the north have spoken. no northern Nigerian was killed therefore, no Nigerian was killed

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by buhariguy(m): 4:58am On Sep 05, 2019
millionboi2:
Lies
lies from where? You tell us the truth
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by otimize(m): 4:59am On Sep 05, 2019
I live in SA and she is saying the truth, most people killed are from Zimbabwe and most videos of death are old. Nigerians cluster and are difficult to attack, fact is SA envy Nigerians because of the lavish lifestyle they living here, thou if they have their way life's will be lost

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Religion6: 5:00am On Sep 05, 2019
Ekpeitit:
What are you talking about,?
You guys say you are BIAFRANS and Nigeria is a zoo,I didn't say it,you did.
Be careful what you wish for.
Listen to the advice that princemilla gave you. Tribalism will never take you far in life. Try and mend your thinking. Shalom!!!

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by felixedet(m): 5:05am On Sep 05, 2019
9jaBlogger:
The President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government on Wednesday said that no Nigerian was killed in the latest xenophobic attacks in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze with many others looted by South Africans.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Comrade Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement that the mob “looted several shops owned by foreign nationals”, adding, ”but the police later dispersed the angry mob and made some arrest.”

But reacting, Lauretta Onochie, Buhari’s Special Assistant on Social Media, said the videos being circulated on social media were not recent, insisting that no Nigerian was lost to the attack.

“No Nigerian life has been lost in South Africa in the last few days. The videos being paraded on the social media are old videos that are unrelated to Nigerians in South Africa”, she tweeted.

http://igberetvnews.com/962506/no-nigerian-was-killed-in-south-africa-presidency/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

A warning to the mods of nairaland.....do not delete this response to a wicked and insensitive govt like this current APC administration.

God almighty will on behalf of those killed and their families punish whoever it is in govt that is peddling disgusting lie....

That woman call lauretta is absolutely INSANE!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by buhariguy(m): 5:08am On Sep 05, 2019
otimize:
I live in SA and she is saying the truth, most people killed are from Zimbabwe and most videos of death are old. Nigerians cluster and are difficult to attack, fact is SA envy Nigerians because of the lavish lifestyle they living here, thou if they have their way life's will be lost
you must be a yoruba muslim according to idiotic pigs for saying the truth, becos their fellow idiotic pigs in south africa are liar, criminals and destroyer of good things

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Cutehector(m): 5:10am On Sep 05, 2019
Pls that woman's shop should be looted.
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 05, 2019
Baba this one you're calling them, hmm, E go hard them to defend oo. I guess their madam just finished some kegs of palm wine and started jonzing

Damn, this 30k job no easy oo

ccrazy:
Midolian
Simplyleo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Exponental(m): 5:19am On Sep 05, 2019
Even Angels will be marveled by this lie. Does it mean nairaland and other media houses have been spreading unconfirmed and fake news?
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Ewedegubbler: 5:20am On Sep 05, 2019
I am a Nigerian by birth but a nationalized south African citizen. What she says here is an absolute truth. Nigerians are actually the least attacked foreigners in South Africa. What they normally do is look for soft target or stores owned by Nigerians in town and then hit them early in the morning before the naija guys come to work. the average south african guy is envious of Nigerians but they oint have the guts to face Nigerians..

7 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by kofero2: 5:23am On Sep 05, 2019
I can't believe this......
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by blindjustice13(m): 5:24am On Sep 05, 2019
I dont know what to call this,damage control,politics or carelessness .At this point all i have to say is "it is finished". This is just saddening. smh
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 05, 2019
grin grin

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Damfostopper(m): 5:25am On Sep 05, 2019
No Nigerians wey killed.... it was Algerians abi?? awon oloriburuku leleyi
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by crafteck(m): 5:25am On Sep 05, 2019
Whether recent or not recent if people killed were their kids, would they have forgotten

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 05, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
I am a Nigerian by birth but a nationalized south African citizen. What she says here is an absolute truth. Nigerians are actually the least attacked foreigners in South Africa. What they normally do is look for soft target or stores owned by Nigerians in town and then hit them early in the morning before the naija guys come to work. the average south african guy is envious of Nigerians but they oint have the guts to face Nigerians..
oh really? tell me more

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by PRODUTIM1(m): 5:29am On Sep 05, 2019
9jaBlogger:
The President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government on Wednesday said that no Nigerian was killed in the latest xenophobic attacks in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze with many others looted by South Africans.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Comrade Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement that the mob “looted several shops owned by foreign nationals”, adding, ”but the police later dispersed the angry mob and made some arrest.”

But reacting, Lauretta Onochie, Buhari’s Special Assistant on Social Media, said the videos being circulated on social media were not recent, insisting that no Nigerian was lost to the attack.

“No Nigerian life has been lost in South Africa in the last few days. The videos being paraded on the social media are old videos that are unrelated to Nigerians in South Africa”, she tweeted.

http://igberetvnews.com/962506/no-nigerian-was-killed-in-south-africa-presidency/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J
I was also confused three days ago.When I spoke to a friend of mine in South Africa he said those videos were old ones .He confirmed that there is no recent wahala at all

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by 01mcfadden(m): 5:29am On Sep 05, 2019
buhariguy:
you must be a yoruba muslim according to idiotic pigs for saying the truth, becos their fellow idiotic pigs in south africa are liar, criminals and destroyer of good things
Lol
It's confirmed anything Igbos give you inordinate erection.
Are you sure you're capable of independent thinking anymore?
I pray the huge hatred engrained in your heart won't choke you. It's all on you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by israelmao(m): 5:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Even if it not true I love the impact it has generated and I'm sure South Africans will not forget that in a hurry.Nigerians have shown them that violence is not only the exclusive preserve of South Africans.
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by holuphisayor(m): 5:31am On Sep 05, 2019
SMH.. Who doesn't know Nigerian govt by now?
I'm quite sure they have been trying to reach burna boy for him to lower his voice on those tweets he posted.
Only a dunce believes this government isn't a failed one. Tueh

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by timocruzcmbb(m): 5:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Ahhh,I got a video from my friend in sa telling me how they have been killing Nigerians since on Thursday,and aunty say no Nigerian has been killed?what a waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by jaxxy(m): 5:37am On Sep 05, 2019
Truely on social media old info can be mixed up with new and all that bt for her to state such claims she needs to explain how she came to such conclusions on this.

From the news I watched the properties burnt where both foreigners and even locals. The 30 plus cars burnt in a lot was for a white Muslim man not Nigerian as claimed so yes info on social media are many times not accurate even if true.
Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by ntyce(m): 5:43am On Sep 05, 2019
That's the truth, majority of those attacked were Zimbabweans and East Africans......
No Nigerian was killed, I can confirm that....

Shops were looted, Yes but no Nigerian was killed....

Majority of the videos being shared are old videos or not even related to South Africa, for instance the video showing people jumping from a burning building. The incident occured in India and not South Africa.

As much as that, the FG needed to take action to prevent loss of life.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by okeniti: 5:43am On Sep 05, 2019
How out of touch. This same woman will probably go church on Sunday and make a lot of noise in front row.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency by Greatomotoy: 5:45am On Sep 05, 2019
I give up on Buhari. This current administration is the worst Ever

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja Presidential Election Result: APC Defeats PDP - Vanguard / #EndSARS: Women, Mothers Protest In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) / Military Invades Shangev-Tiev, Benue, Kills 30 Villagers, Burns 200 Houses - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.