Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,802 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven (34914 Views)

Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa / Pastor Adewale Giwa Warns Buhari, Osinbajo: "Vacate Presidency Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by echibuogwu(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Can u compare the price of a car to the price of a private jet.... I don’t see any need for a pastor to own a private jet.
DennisEche:
WHAT OF CAR?

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by 1Sharon(f): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
CotenantNIG:
then everyone that have cars won't go to heaven after all it's an earthly possession

Don't even try that. Cars arent expensive like private jets and in some places cars are crucial.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by echibuogwu(m): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Solomon was a king, Job and Abraham we’re blessed by God and they gave massively to the poor and they were not pastors. Call people like Jesus, John the Baptist, Peter.
RiyaGoddess:
Whaooooo
When I was an unbeliever, I was really among those who insult men of God who owned a jet. I really didn't understand the need for a jet not until I became a believer and got to understand mission work. It's a long story that I can't share here anyway. What i do know is that if Jet was in vogue during Abraham, Solomon, Job, Paul etc time, they would have acquired Jets. These men acquired properties that were in vogue during their time. Even if it was common AC, they would have own a lot of ACs rather than stay inside the heat. You know the middle east can be very hot during the hot season. They had the best that was in vogue during their time. Even Jesus rode on the finest donkey. So imagine if it were to be now, what He would have rode on?
In as much as I hate the focus on prosperity messages in church, but having a Jet for mission work isn't wrong.
I said Mission not personal acquisition.
If you have ever gone on mission assignment or trips into remote countries/nations where it's not motorable or where you have to journey for 24 to 42 hours and more to get to where you are going to, you will understand the need for a mission jet and pray for 1 for your mission trips. Some of these missionaries even hire a small chopper or what's it called to get to where they are going when they get to a place that's not motorable or somewhere with a long distance. I think it's UN helicopter or something I can't remember and they spend up to $10,000 to go etc. Those called into mission or who are missionaries understands what I'm saying and also know the need for a jet for mission.
Oh Yahweh, you know it has always been my earnest prayer that you bless Dominion City with a Jet for our mission assignment and trips.
Read my signature.
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by solpat(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hunger bad cheesy
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by echibuogwu(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Where’s it in the Bible that Paul has his personal ships??
Donaldpros:
Who told you dat pastor with private jets wont make heaven...if private jets was in the time of jesus many apostles an especially paul would have gotten because his sole aim was to take gospel to the nations of the earth that he could go..an beside he had his personal ships..u need to wakeup...christianity is not a called to poverty or suffer, afterall jesus discuss to us abr his fathers mansion an heaven is a wealthy place made of Gold...i dnt know if u are clear with dis...tanx and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Brainy25: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
I dont view a pastor owning a jet as a sin or crime
Bros if u too get that kind money ur own go worse pass na ROCKET u go even buy shocked
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by CotenantNIG: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
1Sharon:

Don't even try that. Cars arent expensive like private jets and in some places cars are crucial.

What ever u say ,it's your opinion and I have mine
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by echibuogwu(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
quentin06:
jealousy.
maybe but Jesus said in Matthew 19:24 "I'll say it again-it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of A needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by 1Sharon(f): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Whaooooo
When I was an unbeliever, I was really among those who insult men of God who owned a jet. I really didn't understand the need for a jet not until I became a believer and got to understand mission work. It's a long story that I can't share here anyway. What i do know is that if Jet was in vogue during Abraham, Solomon, Job, Paul etc time, they would have acquired Jets. These men acquired properties that were in vogue during their time. Even if it was common AC, they would have own a lot of ACs rather than stay inside the heat. You know the middle east can be very hot during the hot season. They had the best that was in vogue during their time. Even Jesus rode on the finest donkey. So imagine if it were to be now, what He would have rode on?
In as much as I hate the focus on prosperity messages in church, but having a Jet for mission work isn't wrong.
If you have ever gone on mission assignment or trips into remote countries/nations where it's not motorable or where you have to journey for 24 to 42 hours and more to get to where you are going to, you will understand the need for a mission jet and pray for 1 for your mission trips. Some of these missionaries even hire a small chopper or what's it called to get to where they are going when they get to a place that's not motorable or somewhere with a long distance. I think it's UN helicopter or something I can't remember and they spend up to $10,000 to go etc. Those called into mission or who are missionaries understands what I'm saying and also know the need for a jet for mission.
Oh Yahweh, you know it has always been my earnest prayer that you bless Dominion City with a Jet for our mission assignment and trips.
Read my signature.

I'm sorry sis. This comment is bullshitt. Mission work to where exactly?? Where do these pastors do this "mission work" ? What country ?

Is there anybody on this earth that hasn't heard about the gospel/christianity? Even non- Christians know the story of the gospel. There is nothing NEW these pastors want to tell ANYBODY.

So this excuse to accumulate assets is just flimsy. The black man is a greedy man with misplaced priorities.

What does the bible say about rich men anyway?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by karli4nia(m): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
This is a mere conjecture...
Who knows who would make heaven and who won't..?
Can anyone be so ignorant and arrogant to say?

The best is for each one to be a judge of himself, and put the affairs of their lives in divine order..
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Olafisoyem: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
CotenantNIG:
then everyone that have cars won't go to heaven after all it's an earthly possession

You need cold beer �
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by 1Sharon(f): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2019
judedwriter:
Pastors use private jets to conveniently circumnavigate the globe preaching the goodnews. So how then does it become a sin and worldly?

I wonder o....

You can still circumvent the globe without a private jet.
Don't be silly.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by desiredhome: 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
titiloyeblog:
The General Overseer of Awaiting the Second Coming of Jesus Ministry in Akure, Ondo State, Pastor Adewale Giwa, says according to the word of God, pastors that own private jets and otherworldly possession will not make heaven.

In an interview with The Sun, Adewale said

The poor cannot own a private jet, but the rich can. It is unfortunate that the affected pastors have ignored the word of God in 1 Timothy 6:7-10, which says, “For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many grieves.

Those who own private jets have to sell them and use the proceeds to support the poor. The biblical passage about the “Rich and the Kingdom of God” simply tells such pastors what to do. It will be extremely difficult for pastors who gather treasures on earth to make heaven.

The young rich man who came to meet Jesus in Matthew Chapter 19 said he had fulfilled all the commandments of God. But, Jesus replied him to go sell his possessions to the poor so as to have treasure in heaven. In verse 22, the young man went away sad because he had great wealth.

Nobody is greater than the word of God. You can never see them quoting this verse. Even if they quote it, they might decide to twist it. To set the record straight, it is not my opinion that the pastors gathering wealth won’t make heaven, but it is the word of God. These pastors do not only have private jets, but also have private institutions that the poor cannot afford.

Reacting to the comments made by some pastors that their private jets help them move around so they can preach the gospel, Adewale said

So, you are telling me that without private jets they cannot preach the word of God. The most effective evangelism is house-to-house, which Apostle Paul practised in Acts 20:20. They should take time and read it. Acquiring private jets is a worldly thing that will perish with the world.

In Mathew 6:19-21, the Holy Bible says: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/pastors-that-own-private-jets-wont-make.html

They will come after you brother, they will call you names, they will call you poor man, they will say you are Antichrist for saying the truth, even the very poor/wretched zombies among them.......they are called Sheeple.
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by desiredhome: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
SuperBlack:
Is He saying, if by any means he got the money for private jet he won't buy?
What business is he into that will make him own a private jet pls? undecided

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by SamOyovwi: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
I wonder
Denikayan:
The only reason why I would support such ostentatious lifestyle is if all the church members are rich.

Its absurd to have a private jet and be spiritually leading people in abject poverty.

Its not Godly!
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by bacilus(m): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
But poor people can buy cars na...even if its tokunbo

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Starhearts: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Someone is having SEX right now
Despite all problems we are facing in this country.
They are even adding styles.
Some pple re heartless.
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Oloruntade4(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2019
. . . . I sense foolishness
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Kay25(m): 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
poverty still dey worry am he never get member we go give am money na why him still dey think low
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by jconsulting(f): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
The pastors that drive cars won't also make heaven ,the ones that ride bicycles will only reach gate but won't enter only those that trek we enter .......idiot
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Truefaith: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
Matthew 24:4-5  And Jesus answered and said unto them,

Take heed that no man deceive you. 
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Check this issue up with your Bible open at
www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Unik3030: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Whaooooo
Read my signature.
jesus rode on the finest borrowed donkey despite the fact that he could afford one, do u remember he turned bread n fishes to multiple n he could have opened a cold room n bakery n b the boast of been the richest man of his time like many pastors do nowadays.they commercialize everything n feel like god in earth. they tell their congregation their treasure lies in heaven n they themselves live like they are not expecting anything in heaven. n besides y is it that our jet buying pastors will not evangelise in the north where people kill at will n don't value human lives but they will rush to preach abroad? I guess it's cos they don't pay dollars in the north? it's obvious u are just a brainwashed sheeple trying to sound reasonable

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by judedwriter(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
1Sharon:

You can still circumvent the globe without a private jet.
Don't be silly.

Yes u are right. You can circumvent the world on a ship. But how many pastors have you seen today preaching globally on a ship? Just asking.
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Tootruthful: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
Wow

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by sterlingD(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
nairalee:
There's a simple way for them to make heaven.

They should instruct the pilot to steer the plane higher high in the sky,

Then pass the clouds, high up into space

Then jump in when they see the Heaven Gate.

Simple and short.

Wisdom is profitable to direct
LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Jhamzy(m): 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Whaooooo
Read my signature.

And God will bless you to be part of the Seed Sowers for your Mission's PJ.
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by koolaid87: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
If you wanna open the door, open all

Don't just use malachai for preaching tithe, preach about the instructions given to that man in Mathiew 19
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
Jhamzy:

And God will bless you to be part of the Seed Sowers for your Mission's PJ.

AMEN !!!
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Offpoint: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Whaooooo
Read my signature.
Jesus rode on the finest donkey how many time? I need answer please.
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Skybeach1: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ask her , how many western pastors own a private jet?. These are their brainwashed and clueless followers or even one of the beneficiaries of the church proceeds. Congregations contributed their widows... built a university and could not afford to send their children to the same school. Tithes are meant to equip the storehouse of God ,not for pastor personal use. It is used to help the helpless, feed the hunger and provide for the needy. They will read for them the verse that necessitates congregation to pay tithes, but won't read down where the bible explained what it is meant for. I call them Necromancers. pastor is excessively rich and his congregation is feeding like ant. When you nurture your flesh, you torture your spirituality but when you torture your flesh, you noture your spirituality. In luxury, your spiritual life degrades. They are distractions. That's why Christ told his disciples leave all those things and follow me. Everybody is an evangelist, but not everyone is a pastor. Peter was a pastor but zacheus was an evangelist. When you are called in a special way, those expensive, flamboyant and luxurious things are not for you. Christianity came to Africa and became business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / Generator Fume Kills CAC Pastor In Warri After Fire Kills His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.