Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference (45878 Views)

Hoodlums Attack Doctors At EKSUTH, Steal Corps / SHOCKING!!! UCTH Doctor, Crystal Akpan Commits Suicide / Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by dumodust(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2019
beamtopola:

You can never see cause you don't steady fast your brain. Just read the source I gave to you, there isn't any source more reliable than Wikipedia. Mind you, there isn't any western country hospital that doesn't have a medical laboratory. Just stop commenting with emotion.
So Wikipedia is now reliable source? shocked
Wow wow wow... I said it
The quackery is immense, so you quoted wiki for school work AbI? Wow
Make Una follow me see o
Why don't you search Wikipedia for pathologists and see what it says Dumbo.
Wikipedia researcher grin
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Skyken99(m): 11:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
dumodust:

So Wikipedia is now a reliable source? shocked
Wow wow wow... I said it
The quackery is immense, so you quoted wiki for school work API? Wow
Make Una follow me see o
Why don't you search Wikipedia for pathologists and see what it says Dumbo.
Wikipedia researcher grin
Someone just showed you another source but you keep playing dumb. Anyway, enjoy your ignorance of dumb pride while it lasts. Mind you, you are somewhere in Nigeria, you have never travel out to witness how the western world health system work, they work as a team, a pathologist has no business in performing routine laboratory analysis.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by dayleke: 2:19am On Sep 08, 2019
mediclife1987:

Guy all over the world, Doctors write prescriptions. There's a reason developed countries won't sell you even VitaminC without a "Doctor's Prescription".

What do you gain in intentionally misleading the public for God's sake? Your loved ones could suffer it's consequences too you know?

Hey bro,
Am I missing something here?
How am I wrong and misleading the public? Please explain to me sir. Maybe my choice of words is poor?
Do we both agree that Drs write prescriptions?
The prescription is like a check, right?
And you cash your check in the bank, right?(forget about say you wan deposit it in your acct to mature).
The pharmacy is like the bank where instead of money, your prescription turns to your drugs/medicine.
And who does this? The pharmacist of course.
So where am I wrong sir?
FILLING OUT prescriptions IS NOT WRITING it sir.
FILLING OUT prescriptions is turning your prescription(s) to actual drugs .

Can someone please weigh in on this please? sad

And by the way, vitamin C can be gotten over the counter.
But I get your point.

2 Likes

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by oneman2k7: 2:20am On Sep 08, 2019
dumodust:

You my friend are the blockhead in this matter, stop trying to elevate yourself, you are where you are currently because you knew nothing since primary and secondary school. Mediocrity never pays and won't pay now, try politics or switch careers to NURTW grin

I laugh at your ignorance and mediocrity in Swahili. U are where u are today just because of pride and self inflicted ego. Mr omniscience, the earlier u know that you are empty and lack basic ingredients of being near to wisdom or knowledge d better for u. I chose to studied MLS in university does not make me subservient or inferior to a medical physicians. This same pride is what is making your medical colleagues to run to social media seeking for public sympathy after incurring into other people jurisdication. I have many friends who are physicians today, may I tell u that I teach some physics and mathematics in secondary schools even during our 100 level days. Pls get a life, and warn your medical colleagues to stop putting eyes into every hospital department in a bid to heading it. Moreover, this is the last time I will dignify u with a reply, can't waste my mention on an ignorant mediocre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by mediclife1987(m): 3:13am On Sep 08, 2019
GhostWisperer:
let's start from your name, Mediclife.

You see, you, like most Nigerian doctors are suffering form what I call attention deficit Syndrome and chronic low self-esteem.

You're a quack and a medical fraud!

Who cares if you're a doctor? But you come up with a stupid moniker to let the whole world know you're a doctor. Mediclife.

You see , most of you idiots in medical school got there for ego gratification not for the love of health. That's why you're always fighting with fellow health workers like radiologists, pharmacist, lab scientists, biochemists and all. And coming to nairaland, you chose a fancy name Mediclife for yourself, to let everyone feel you're a doctor. You must be a daft and a ln unadulterated idiot, you know.

Mumu, coming to your stupidity, Nigerian medical doctor's aren't automatically accepted in the UK and US. Period.

You're bringing Benin and Ghana. Idiot. Why not bring south Africa or Egypy?

Daft+

Speaking rubbish is your way of life. All words but no meaning nor impact.
Empty Rhomboid headed clown is simply what you are.
Go on yapping and making a fool of yourself, na your own workshop be that abeg.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by GhostWisperer: 5:04am On Sep 08, 2019
mediclife1987:

Speaking rubbish is your way of life. All words but no meaning nor impact.
Empty Rhomboid headed clown is simply what you are.
Go on yapping and making a fool of yourself, na your own workshop be that abeg.
so says the self-gratifying ape who spends more energy announcing he is a doctor than reading his medical book to actually become one. Stupid salivating dog.

See how you're cleverly avoiding any point I raise? Ramshackled soul.

Don't go and do research to combat snake bites in the North which has one of the highest snake mortality in the whole world. Continue Leaving it for UK and other foreign countries to do for you while you're on the internet parading around with a fancy medical moniker, arguing with other people why you're not a medical fraud on ego gratification.

Useless sac of human pus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Tflex01: 5:10am On Sep 08, 2019
dayleke:

Hey bro,
Am I missing something here?
How am I wrong and misleading the public? Please explain to me sir. Maybe my choice of words is poor?
Do we both agree that Drs write prescriptions?
The prescription is like a check, right?
And you cash your check in the bank, right?(forget about say you wan deposit it in your acct to mature).
The pharmacy is like the bank where instead of money, your prescription turns to your drugs/medicine.
And who does this? The pharmacist of course.
So where am I wrong sir?
FILLING OUT prescriptions IS NOT WRITING it sir.
FILLING OUT prescriptions is turning your prescription(s) to actual drugs .

Can someone please weigh in on this please? sad

And by the way, vitamin C can be gotten over the counter.
But I get your point.

The guy said a lot of rubbish just to massage his ego though.

In the western world there are some drugs they call "pharmacists drugs"... Pharmacists have the license to prescribe them without Doctors prescription. cool
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by dayleke: 6:11am On Sep 08, 2019
Tflex01:

The guy said a lot of rubbish just to massage his ego though.

In the western world there are some drugs they call "pharmacists drugs"... Pharmacists have the license to prescribe them without Doctors prescription. cool

Thank you.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Naffyfera: 11:15am On Sep 08, 2019
dumodust:

The guy works for viapath ( notice the consultant statement was made after viapath was formed, an independent private organization). In the NHS, he was never mentioned as that with patients., even an electrician can consult for private organisations on matters related to wiring like all technical issues including lab technology grin. I'm talking of consultant in hospitals slowpoke, people that handle issues related to direct patient care. You can consult on the technical aspects and help with supervised work but as per bringing it to patient care directly, that can't happen. It's the same in the US.
it doesnt take the professional out of the guy, he's good in what he does and I'm sure if you send him an email, he will explain slowly in simple terms that you can understand that he works via consultant pathologists.
Like I said, go on NHS jobs and find me a job offer for consultant to a med laboratory technologist or search the NHS for one existing. Don't give me viapath
@dumodust

1 Like

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Naffyfera: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2019
dumodust:

The guy works for viapath ( notice the consultant statement was made after viapath was formed, an independent private organization). In the NHS, he was never mentioned as that with patients., even an electrician can consult for private organisations on matters related to wiring like all technical issues including lab technology grin. I'm talking of consultant in hospitals slowpoke, people that handle issues related to direct patient care. You can consult on the technical aspects and help with supervised work but as per bringing it to patient care directly, that can't happen. It's the same in the US.
it doesnt take the professional out of the guy, he's good in what he does and I'm sure if you send him an email, he will explain slowly in simple terms that you can understand that he works via consultant pathologists.
Like I said, go on NHS jobs and find me a job offer for consultant to a med laboratory technologist or search the NHS for one existing. Don't give me viapath

You previously mentioned you didn't have a need to meet a biomedical scientist and you call pathology when you have a request. Ofcourse, you spoke to a BMS when you called. And you also mentioned you speak to Haematology consultants when you need a clinical advise . These are duty haematologists or duty biochemists also known as clinical scientists. Anybody with the acceptable qualification can apply for the 3 years STP training to become a clinical scientist. Again, a clinical scientist isn't the head of a lab by the way. We have Chief BMS who head the lab and the clinical scientists are there to give clinical advise to both BMS and doctors.

1 Like

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Jakumo(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2019
We're at the top of the seventh round here at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, and Dr. Mumuni has taken a savage beating courtesy of the tag team comprising lab assistants from the Toxicology Department.

In the opening seconds of the round, Dr. Mumuni replaced tag-team member Dr. Majekodunmi, who was carried away on a stretcher after walking into a devastating right hook delivered by X-Ray Technician Mr. Fowewe of the gbakan-shubu fame, and now, it was the turn of Dr. Mumuni to suffer serious and sustained pummeling in the ring.

More ringside commentary after these few words from our sponsors....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Sctests: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2019
dumodust:

As usual when some of you misguided physicians are cornered with unassailable facts, you either play dumb or rigmarole round the factoids in order to sheath or mitigate your embarrassment on public forums. This is why you've lost all your court cases against other health professionals.

If you weren't a village champion only fit for practice in your village aid post, you'd know that NHS robustly employs Scientists who are Consultant Biomedical Scientists. There are even more job openings than qualified personnels, with many becoming Fellows of IBMS and RCPATH. Even the former register of MLSCN Prof. Emeribe who practiced in the UK as a Consultant Biomedical Scientist in the field of Haematology is a relatable example.

I am an M.Sc with a PhD in view, so I'll be glad to give you the lecture you really need, not because you deserve it but to prevent some of you knuckleheads from misleading some pliable and ignorant members of the public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by emexola: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
*KNOW YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION AND PRACTICE WITHIN YOUR JURISDICTION*

```Dear Doctors```, if you want to work in the Lab, diagnosing patient's samples, get a _*BMLS* Degree_ and not _MBBS_.

If you feel too big to go back to School, so as to get your dream Job as a *_Medical Lab Scientist_* and work in your dream Workshop— the *_Laboratory_*, feel free to travel abroad for greener pastures in your Profession.

```The Minister of Labour and Employment:``` *Dr. Chris Ngige (a Medical doctor)* said, and I quote, *_“Who said we don’t have enough Doctors? We have more than enough. You can quote me. There is nothing wrong in them travelling out; as the Country has surplus Medical Doctors."_* - Dr. Chris Ngige: 24th April, 2019.

So because you are surplus in your actual Field and there are no more jobs for you, you think the Laboratory is a place to encroach and survive?�

*News Flash:* ```The Laboratory already has its rightful occupants and they are: MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS. You can't survive there if you're not one. You are incompetent, untrained and incapable of carrying out the work of a Medical Laboratory Scientist.```

A Senior Colleague once told me that a Resident Doctor begged to be shown how to perform ESR test. *Can you imagine?��‍♂*
Another Resident Doctor tried PCV Testing and sealed both ends of the capillary tube. *Who does that?��‍♂*
```Even a 200 level Medical Laboratory Science student won't display such degree of ignorance and incompetence.``` _If that was an emergency sample from a patient who's PCV count is urgently needed for Blood Transfusion, the patient would have ran out of time and eventually died._

You say you are a Pathologist. A pathologist only interprets the result of a Medical Lab Scientist and has no business carrying out laboratory analysis on any patient's sample. A pathologist interprets Lab results and also advise his medical colleagues on treating special cases associated with his field but what we see in Nigeria is that pathologists want to sign the results he has no input on; he wants to head a Medical Laboratory Department. *The Nigerian Law makes it clear, _Medical Laboratory Science is a distinct Department and should be headed by a Medical Laboratory Scientist._*
Doctors should live and let others live. Enough of incurring into other peoples jurisdiction. It is unlawful for a Medical Doctor to want to carry out routine Diagnosis.

_If a Doctor wants to perform routine diagnosis he should apply for MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE through JAMB; Study for 5 years; Go through another year of Internship; and also another year of NYSC (making it 7 years) after which he will acquire the License to Practice as a Medical Laboratory Scientist._

You cannot study Lab Medicine for 5 months and feel you know the same things as a MLScientist who studied Med Lab Science for 5 years.

*Everyone in the Health Sector is important. The MLScientists, Nurses, Doctors, Radiographers, Pharmacist, etc. all contribute to saving the lives of the patients. _Thus, Medical Doctors shouldn't feel they can work anywhere; that others in the Health Sector are dispensable, while they are not._*

Henceforth, any Medical Doctor Who thinks he knows better than any Medical Scientist should be arrested for thinking; Those who go as far as wanting to do Bench Works and routine diagnosis should be arrested and persecuted�

```Know your job description and practice within your jurisdiction✌�```

✍�

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by mediclife1987(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
GhostWisperer:
so says the self-gratifying ape who spends more energy announcing he is a doctor than reading his medical book to actually become one. Stupid salivating dog.

See how you're cleverly avoiding any point I raise? Ramshackled soul.

Don't go and do research to combat snake bites in the North which has one of the highest snake mortality in the whole world. Continue Leaving it for UK and other foreign countries to do for you while you're on the internet parading around with a fancy medical moniker, arguing with other people why you're not a medical fraud on ego gratification.

Useless sac of human pus

Brother wey mumu cheesy
Embittered sac of shìt...
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by GhostWisperer: 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
mediclife1987:

Brother wey mumu cheesy
Embittered sac of shìt...
doctor-wanna-be

Don't go and study hard. Be roaming the vast boulevard of Nairaland like a throwaway vagabond branding yourself Mediclife1987.

Son of the damned!
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by GhostWisperer: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
Jakumo:
We're at the top of the seventh round here at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, and Dr. Mumuni has taken a savage beating courtesy of the tag team comprising lab assistants from the Toxicology Department.

In the opening seconds of the round, Dr. Mumuni replaced tag-team member Dr. Majekodunmi, who was carried away on a stretcher after walking into a devastating right hook delivered by X-Ray Technician Mr. Fowewe of the gbakan-shubu fame, and now, it was the turn of Dr. Mumuni to suffer serious and sustained pummeling in the ring.

More ringside commentary after these few words from our sponsors....
grin grin grin
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 10, 2019
This is why I want to be a surgeon, I don't have strength for fighting and quarrel

Me and my patients
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by capitalzero: 5:08am On Sep 10, 2019
A pathologist is a doctor who interprets and diagnoses the changes caused by disease in the body's cells and tissues
As a pathologist you'll diagnose, treat and prevent a range of diseases. There are varying amounts of laboratory work involved in pathology, depending on your specialty and the role itself. Some pathologists don't tend to have any patient contact, whereas others combine lab work with direct, clinical patient care.
It's a myth that pathologists only deal with dead bodies - this is only the case with forensic histopathology, a sub-specialty of histopathology, which employs only a very small number of people.
Types of pathology
There are five distinct specialties within pathology:
Chemical pathology - you'll combine laboratory and clinical skills, using biochemical tests to diagnose and treat patients. With metabolic medicine, a sub-specialty of chemical pathology, you'll treat patients whose chemical processes don't function properly.
Haematology - you'll diagnose and treat disorders of the blood and bone marrow and provide clinical support for the haematology diagnostic laboratory, which includes the blood bank.
Histopathology - you'll diagnose and study disease by medical interpretation of cells and tissue samples. Your role is integral to cancer management through the staging and grading of tumours. You'll also perform autopsies to determine cause of death.
Medical microbiology and virology - in medical microbiology, you'll diagnose, treat and manage prevention of infection in hospitals and the community. You'll oversee the medical laboratory and provide a bridge between the lab and clinicians. Medical virology involves the management of blood-borne infections and other emerging viruses.
There are also options to sub-specialise, for example in paediatric pathology or neuropathology.
Responsibilities
As a pathologist, you'll work within the medical laboratory of a hospital. You may provide clinical support for the lab or oversee its management. In histopathology, you will be mostly lab-based.
Although specific tasks vary according to your specialty, there are some responsibilities common to all specialities and you'll typically need to:
examine and talk to a range of patients, using diagnostic skills to determine what tests need to be carried out
support and advise clinical staff to help them choose the correct tests
work alongside healthcare scientists while they complete laboratory tests
educate colleagues in the use and limitations of each diagnostic investigation
provide advice and interpretation of test results and the appropriateness of further investigations
conduct ward rounds and outpatient clinics (as a histopathologist patient contact is limited, unless you're undertaking a specific role such as taking fine-needle aspiration cytology specimens in breast clinics)
undertake managerial responsibilities, such as planning the workload and staffing of the department, especially at more senior levels
supervise and teach junior medical staff, depending on your post
carry out research and keep up to date with new information relevant to your field.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by capitalzero: 5:08am On Sep 10, 2019
A pathologist is a doctor who interprets and diagnoses the changes caused by disease in the body's cells and tissues
As a pathologist you'll diagnose, treat and prevent a range of diseases. There are varying amounts of laboratory work involved in pathology, depending on your specialty and the role itself. Some pathologists don't tend to have any patient contact, whereas others combine lab work with direct, clinical patient care.
It's a myth that pathologists only deal with dead bodies - this is only the case with forensic histopathology, a sub-specialty of histopathology, which employs only a very small number of people.
Types of pathology
There are five distinct specialties within pathology:
Chemical pathology - you'll combine laboratory and clinical skills, using biochemical tests to diagnose and treat patients. With metabolic medicine, a sub-specialty of chemical pathology, you'll treat patients whose chemical processes don't function properly.
Haematology - you'll diagnose and treat disorders of the blood and bone marrow and provide clinical support for the haematology diagnostic laboratory, which includes the blood bank.
Histopathology - you'll diagnose and study disease by medical interpretation of cells and tissue samples. Your role is integral to cancer management through the staging and grading of tumours. You'll also perform autopsies to determine cause of death.
Medical microbiology and virology - in medical microbiology, you'll diagnose, treat and manage prevention of infection in hospitals and the community. You'll oversee the medical laboratory and provide a bridge between the lab and clinicians. Medical virology involves the management of blood-borne infections and other emerging viruses.
There are also options to sub-specialise, for example in paediatric pathology or neuropathology.
Responsibilities
As a pathologist, you'll work within the medical laboratory of a hospital. You may provide clinical support for the lab or oversee its management. In histopathology, you will be mostly lab-based.
Although specific tasks vary according to your specialty, there are some responsibilities common to all specialities and you'll typically need to:
examine and talk to a range of patients, using diagnostic skills to determine what tests need to be carried out
support and advise clinical staff to help them choose the correct tests
work alongside healthcare scientists while they complete laboratory tests
educate colleagues in the use and limitations of each diagnostic investigation
provide advice and interpretation of test results and the appropriateness of further investigations
conduct ward rounds and outpatient clinics (as a histopathologist patient contact is limited, unless you're undertaking a specific role such as taking fine-needle aspiration cytology specimens in breast clinics)
undertake managerial responsibilities, such as planning the workload and staffing of the department, especially at more senior levels
supervise and teach junior medical staff, depending on your post
carry out research and keep up to date with new information relevant to your field.
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/pathologist
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by capitalzero: 5:13am On Sep 10, 2019
Royal college of pathologists in Australia
https://www.rcpa.edu.au
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found69: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2019

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found69: 10:21am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found69: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Raptor150xx: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found6955yy: 10:51am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found6955yy: 10:51am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found6955yy: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Found6955yy: 10:53am On Sep 11, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Gunmen Shot A Man Dead In Anambra (graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boy Kidnaps 14-Year-Old SS1 Student He Met On Facebook In Lagos / SARS Forces LAUTECH Student To Transfer School Fee To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.