Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference (45882 Views)

Hoodlums Attack Doctors At EKSUTH, Steal Corps / SHOCKING!!! UCTH Doctor, Crystal Akpan Commits Suicide / Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by ceaser: 5:03am On Sep 12, 2019
Kassia:
This heading is so wrong, lab scientist didn't beat anyone. they only staged a peaceful demonstration but doctors would always do wrong and go free.
You prevent a medical lab sci students on posting from entering the lab but allow medicine and surgery students into the same lab to receive lectures, so the lab scientists don't pay fees and other charges or what? While scientist went on protest the doctors locked themselves in and vandalized hospital properties but because no video was made of these act the med lab scientist is labelled the tout.
A doctor hits a med lab student a girl for that matter and yet the med lab scientist is the tout, a doctor breaks bottle and destroy chair, yet they do no wrong.

In the medical community everyone has a well described role to play. In a situation where a doctor leaves the ward and come to the lab to run calls and carryout analysis that a scientist is meant to do then I don't know anymore.

You mean the pathologists LOCKED themselves in and began to damage the same equipment they use to work, the expensive equipments that they had to sweat to have the management provide?!

And by leaving the ward, do you imply that the clinician left the wards and decided to come and run tests in the clinical laboratory which by the way is the turf of the pathologists?
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by ceaser: 5:04am On Sep 12, 2019
Pompotiti:
I weep for Nigeria if we think like this.
We are all posting on Nairaland because we have smart phones. Please follow these links to see the work roles of some of this pathologists or doctors specialized in laboratory medicine.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/doctors/roles-doctors/pathology/haematology-doctor/working-life

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/doctors/roles-doctors/pathology/chemical-pathology/real-life-story-andrew-day

Our teachers cannot misinform us and we go with a lie. The Medical laboratory is a huge family! There are house-keeping staff, lab scientists, administrative staff, engineering, doctors, technologists, nurses and others that work in the Laboratory. I don't see why the lab scientist want to push the doctors out...what if the technologists wake up and decide to push the scientists out day....

What this will lead to is that other nations of the world will just quietly avoid having anything to do with our health and educational systems.... You know what that mean.... I know they don't.

Pls advice yourself and restore peace to the health system in your country, don't indoctrinate young people and instigate them to violence...#Excellence will distinguish your future... You need to know that no one can do it like you can if you are excellent. Why are you afraid and responding like this to something that is not a threat?

Thank you for that incisive deposition.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by ceaser: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2019
nicepoker101:
Mr man. Is it that the doctors don't know the space they are suppose to occupy? Leave the lab scientists let them do their job. Are you not aware of the fact that we have tons of quack and substandard doctors in Nigeria. No make me vex o grin

Well, I'm sure that soon the ECG technician will begin to assume full control of operations of and interpretations of ECG test results and ECHO results soon.

Shebi every one is a professional and the cardiologist has no freaking rights on the ECG or ECHO machine or even the results therefrom. They should mind their business with taking care of the patients.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by ceaser: 5:41am On Sep 12, 2019
r2b:
If you are being told lies about pathologist being superstar in the UK, na lie. In the first instance Biomedical Scientist and Doctors don't have any reason to brush because they are both allowed to get to the climax of their profession without hindrance unlike the way doctors go about trying to stop other professionals here. We have Consultants that are Biomedical Scientist, Nurses, Physiotherapist and Pharmacist in the UK. Anyone with the right requisite education can train to become Clinical Scientist otherwise called Pathologist. It is not an exclusive preserve of any health professional[b/]

People, our friend here has just given a new universal meaning to who a "pathologist" is.

Initially it was "anyone that works in the hospital can have the prefix -Dr - added to their name and a scientist that has the prefix can, as a consultant, attend to patients in clinics, do ward rounds and alter the clinicians' recommendation"

Now it's "anyone with the right requisite can train to become a clinical scientist otherwise called pathologist"

Now our guy here is telling us that [b]a lab scientist cum lab technologist
is otherwise called a pathologist. In other words, the pathologist is actually another meaning for a laboratory technologist and it's the doctors that don't know their place is with the patients that are trying to take the pathologist name from the technicians.

It's a public service announcement: The ignorant medical population, the self-serving hospital personnel and the general non-medical public should please take note.

grin

Chai! Wetin do Nigeria like this?!

1 Like

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by drlateef: 10:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Correcto:
Did you read well at all, he said all medical matter. A doctor should only head his own department not other professions.

This issue is not about who leads the Med. Lab scientists. Its about who leads a department that gives clinical services. Medical Laboratory has gone far beyond ordinary science, it is now clinical in orientation and must be led by a clinically trained person. A laboratory scientist cannot lead a clinical department. Otherwise doctors will have to look for services that can support them in patient care by giving clinical advice. Medical Laboratory scientists are not clinically trained.
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
mediclife1987:

Guy all over the world, Doctors write prescriptions. There's a reason developed countries won't sell you even VitaminC without a "Doctor's Prescription".

What do you gain in intentionally misleading the public for God's sake? Your loved ones could suffer it's consequences too you know?
write prescription is different from filling prescriptions. Doctors do the former, pharmacist do the latter. You guys are aversed to corrections. A simple google search woukd show you what filling prescription is.

1 Like

Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
dayleke:

Hey bro,
Am I missing something here?
How am I wrong and misleading the public? Please explain to me sir. Maybe my choice of words is poor?
Do we both agree that Drs write prescriptions?
The prescription is like a check, right?
And you cash your check in the bank, right?(forget about say you wan deposit it in your acct to mature).
The pharmacy is like the bank where instead of money, your prescription turns to your drugs/medicine.
And who does this? The pharmacist of course.
So where am I wrong sir?
FILLING OUT prescriptions IS NOT WRITING it sir.
FILLING OUT prescriptions is turning your prescription(s) to actual drugs .

Can someone please weigh in on this please? sad

And by the way, vitamin C can be gotten over the counter.
But I get your point.
don't mind him, he doesn't know what filling prescription meant. And didn't bother to check.
no wonder they require IELTS to practice abroad. I pity Nigerians tge most
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Bibitayo20(f): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Lab Scientists Beat Medical Doctors At UCTH Over Interference by Calibate479294x: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Kidnaps 14-Year-Old SS1 Student He Met On Facebook In Lagos / SARS Forces LAUTECH Student To Transfer School Fee To Them / Ikoyi Prison: Lagos Police Station Where Innocents Are Jailed Criminals Recycled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.