Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,693 members, 7,955,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:00 AM

Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family (51854 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Retires From Journalism, Turns Evangelist, Leading Youths To Jesus / Cyril Stober Retires From NTA / Paul Okoye Wishes His Brother Daughter Happy Birthday. Fans Reacts (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by BabaIbo: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2019
greypencils:
Nah Cardi is no better. Cardi B only came at a time when hiphop was trash. You can agree with me that hippop is trash is right now. And among the trashest, cardi B sorts of stands out as slightly better. Do you think she had a chance coming out when the likes of Lil Wayne and T.I and Drake where on the scene? Nicki couldnt beat drake all through 2010 - till Pre-Cardi B. Now the world is tired of Drake so a lil distraction in the name of Cardi B is allowed to come on. Besides, Nicki's main problem was her inability to transit from hiphop to trap. Those in the game right now are Trap artists. Nicki is a realer deal. And real hiphop heads can tell the difference.

Nah, I disagree... All I see is Time, those artists(T.I and Lil Wayne) you mentioned enjoyed their time and they can't be there forever. Her songs are top n good songs, list the song she won Grammy with or that top the chart that didn't worth it. Are you saying there are no good rappers that can give her competition again. She met drake, kendrick, nicki etc there, it is not as if they have gone before she started/rise. Lil Wayne, T.I and Nicki Minaj couldn't give good music or keep up again, that is why they dropped.
P.S- My top foreign musician used to be T.I, so don't think I'm being sentimental.
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by Omudia11: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2019
Heard the nigga actually murdered someone. Don't know she left safaree after all those years. Dude will always be the best she's had.
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
Are you kidding me
She ditched safaree accusing him of being after her money but this guy eeh, ex convict with no source of livelihood wow.
I hope she knows what is doing.
My best female artist will always be Rihanna dou
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by BabaIbo: 9:09am On Sep 06, 2019
greypencils:
Seriously, its like saying Van Dijk is Better than Messi. The only reason why Messi or Ronaldo might not win Balon D Or again is because the world is tired of both of them, 10years of dominance BTW both of them. Its not easy. So cardi came at a time when hiphop is dead. Period. Cardi B can never be the definition of Hiphop. Give it to Queen Nicki.

Abegi, C.Ronaldo and Messi won world best player awards in their field of expertise (football) but Nicki never did the same in music... FYI I like her songs, like the one she did with Lil Wayne- high school..., with Meek Mill-buy a heart etc. It's not as if she is the first female rapper, she met someone there. Cardo is better, simple
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by baratech: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Nicki is rich and famous, but she knows family is everything. While some poverty stricken bitches will be parading themselves as feminists on/offline.

Nice one baby girl.

Lolzzz
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by BabaIbo: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Seunnzy:

Grammy is a scam ..u should know that.. Nicki should have won Grammy long time ago..so many awards are just scam

OK, if that is your excuse, what of BET? How many does she have?
What of billboard, how many of her songs made No. 1?
Nicki is good no doubt but Cardi came with a better force/music, Cardi is better simple!
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by cooluzi: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2019
LearnITsmash:
All na format when music is not selling as it used to sell, woman go back to the studio and drop more dope tracks because I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH undecided
do you know how many female artist is copying nicki style even he wack mumble rapper cardi b cant do without imitating her,even if Nicki drop ordinary beat it will sell because of her huge fan base..do me a favour stfu clueless

1 Like

Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by Shedrack777: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2019
Felixamos:
Anyone who appreciates good music would agree with me when I say; Nicki Minaj is only a noice maker and a stripper... If not how insane this world is becoming, which better song she don sing wey she wan retire?
Marilyn monroe
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by munafav(m): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2019
Good for her...
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by UrVillagePpl: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2019
tiwa savage r u hearing it...

mr TEE is waiting oo, hes been giving u signal since wink grin

no matter how successful u r, if u r not wit a Man(family), the story no go sweet
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by Obason22(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
That tells us that there is time for everything, time to respect ursef and put old things behind and move on.
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by Seunnzy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
BabaIbo:

OK, if that is your excuse, what of BET? How many does she have?
What of billboard, how many of her songs made No. 1?
Nicki is good no doubt but Cardi came with a better force/music, Cardi is better simple!
it's like telling me modric is better than iniesta lol...the thing is some people survived with hype..
Cardi pays ghostwriters to write her songs..there was a show Nicki was told to compose a new song ..in few seconds she wrote them.on cardi b's occasion she couldn't
that's TALENT..u think cardi b would have survived when the likes of Eminem,ludacris drake etc were still hot?..well Nicki did
the industry is using cardi B .. people fell in love with the crazy personality and industry is investing on that..yhu will see what I'm talking about on the long run

1 Like

Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by banji1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
Tell me this isn't true!

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by olatilldend: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
Anyone who watched Missy Elliot's recent performance @ the VMA would urge both Nicki and Cardi to retire so the real rap queen can come back.

1 Like

Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by opebiboy: 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
Okpo go rest. You wack
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by BabaIbo: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
Seunnzy:

it's like telling me modric is better than iniesta lol...the thing is some people survived with hype..
Cardi pays ghostwriters to write her songs..there was a show Nicki was told to compose a new song ..in few seconds she wrote them.on cardi b's occasion she couldn't
that's TALENT..u think cardi b would have survived when the likes of Eminem,ludacris drake etc were still hot?..well Nicki did
the industry is using cardi B .. people fell in love with the crazy personality and industry is investing on that..yhu will see what I'm talking about on the long run

Everybody has their selling point, maybe that is Cardi's own.
BTW there was never a time Nicki was the hottest rapper in the industry, I stand to be corrected. She was just there but never topped has the best... What I mean is Eminem had his reign, same with Luda, Drake, Kendrick etc but sake can't be said about Nicki. She was riding on the gender stuff i.e the only female rapper at the moment but never gave billboard topping songs, that is while she dropped when she saw a competitor.
All in all, everybody get their own choice, peace!
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by habeeb500(m): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2019
Awol1:
See what Cardi B has done.

Few months back, I was arguing with a female friend who is huge fan of Nicki Minaj.

I told her that Cardi B is here to stay because of the forces that have bought into her project. Most of these forces just wanna spite Nicki.

But my friend gave me long list of those who have come and gone, like Iggy and others but I told her to chill.

See it now! I'm sure the performance of Megatron which is her latest single must have proven to Nicki that she's losing the battle.

Smart babe chose to leave when she still has little ovation.

But respect to her for being able to break the strangle hold of men in the rap genre in the American music industry.

Good luck to her in her future endeavors!
I won't mise Minaj bcuz cardi B is there for me�
Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by Thatssobeyonce(f): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
Pple will saying cardi b is better how?she has 3#1 and a grammy,her no#1s i like it went no#1 with 250 points,bodak yellow went no#1 with 250 too and girls like you 300 points,,,Nicki's anaconda alone went no#2 with 800 points,,,super bass and starships peaked #3 nd #5 with 600 points,fefe was certified 8x platinum recently and cardis i like it despite going no1 is 7x platinum apart from no#1s nd grammy cardi cant brag about anything nicki is d richest female rapper,the best selling female rapper,the most viewed female rapper,she has the top 3 best selling female rap albums,her 4 tours are the highest grossing tours for a female rapper,she is the only female artist to appear on billboard hit songs with 105 appearances,she has 2 diamond singles with super bass and starships and the only artist to get a top 10 hit on Billboard 100 every year since her debut,she broke YouTube's most viewed videos with two solos anaconda and stupid hoe, and a justin bieber feature she won a global award with woman like me and talking about talent she recently won 3 Awards as a writer nd cardi b doesn't write she cant even freestyle so pls don't compare nicki to cardi let them keep growing on their lanes,there is room for more than one female rpper and wish nicki d best because she isnt quitting she just want to have a baby nd give herself some rest before she continues making music

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by Igetmyown247: 2:28am On Sep 10, 2019
Olisehinnocent:
Her oversized pussy is telling her the truth. If she spend one more year in music industry her pussy will be repping off grin grin grin

Same Pussy as your mom’s and sisters

1 Like

Re: Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family by opebiboy: 9:06am On Sep 10, 2019
wack nicki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout Lovely New Pictures Of Liquorose / Veeiye: I Didn't Attend A University & Wonder Why It Shocks People / Thunder Will Fire You If You Sell Cream In Nigeria - Burna Boy To Blac Chyna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.