Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now (35897 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: I Wear White Suits To Cut Costs / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by jstomoh(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
eTECTIV:
But as Christian isn't heaven d ultimate goal?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Izaya3(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
newsynews:
Bishop Davido Oyedepo of Living Church Worldwide has given reasons why he is not in a hurry to go to heaven.

Oyedepo who made this known while delivering a sermon, stated that there are some people in his congregation who would testify in his Church when they clock 100 or 120.

According to him, he and many members of his church would live long to the anger of witches and wizards.

“There are people, I’m looking at this morning, that will testify here at 100. There are those that will testify here at 120. I’m here for long. I’m here for long.

“I’m not hurrying to go to Heaven, I am going to be there forever, so there’s no point hurrying to get there. You’re here for long!

“Let every witch and wizard be angry: You’re here for long. It’s a verdict of Heaven! You’re here for long!
You will see your children’s children to the 4th generation,” he said.

https://wotzup.ng/why-i-am-not-in-a-hurry-to-go-to-heaven-now-david-oyedepo/

BISHOP DAVID U COME WRITE BISHOP DAVIDO
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Edyice: 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
grin grin when you realised the amount that comes in daily

OGA don't think about heaven grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Icon79(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
FIXED - Prosperity preaching at its WORST

O pari

judedwriter:
Prosperity preaching at its best....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by golddeejay(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
Stephendeals:
As Heaven is the ultimate goal, how many of you Christians here have truthfully prayed for God to kill them now and take you home to heaven. Who here wishes to die young or early. so why the fuss here undecided

If we dont have lives and a journey to complete here, God will call home Christians immediately they gave their lives to God. But continue judging because it is convenient to judge others.

God knows his own and the intents of the heart of men tho

Not a Christian or even a Muslim. I don't believe in some People's imaginative hell or heaven sold to you. So that negate everything you typed. Sorry.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Lawmak: 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
If you have a glimpse of heaven do you think you would want to stay here. I don't think so. This is prosperity preaching. Holy ones are tired of seeing the things around them. They are calling on God to end this world and to be with him.

If you actually love Jesus, your earnest desire is to be with him, wherever he is.

No eyes have seen, nor ear heard nor has it ever enter the hearts of me, whatdid perpare for his childre

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by golddeejay(m): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Angelfrost:

Yep... Theology is not exactly slates and crayons!!! grin

Theology, like psychology, is an overtly worded discipline for erudite scholars.
Yea. That is about right as theology is a great discipline that cannot be proved.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by gcof(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2019
eTECTIV:
everybody want to go to heaven but nobody want to die
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by follock007(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2019
Then you better not go close to the egalitarian costume addicted prankster who people who angels are serving here in Benin and making human beings subject to through reincarnated rebirths many times in one life time... He is in haste to pay you all your life's money so that you can FAST Forward into heaven... That's what i hear them say he had for me... Since then i am seeing heaven on earth another way different from the kind i had with my parents and the type i enjoyed abroad... I think if this is heaven then I am not in a hurry to be here, somebody should locate and take me out of here asap grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2019
The crooked pastor is Afraid of death. grin grin I thought that he should be happy to die as soon as possible so as to meet his God in their so called heaven..

He don't want to leave his mansions and Expensive cars.

So what happens after 120 years? he probarbly will extend it for Another 40 years? He Aready knows that Heaven doesn't exist.

Only his gullible worshippers will believe this shiit!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by gcof(m): 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2019
Apostle Paul said to live is Christ but to die is great gain. Unfortunately later days Christians would rather enjoy all the comfort and luxuries of life
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by sulasa07(m): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
eTECTIV:
They themselves no that no heaven for them,so this earth is their heaven.That statement sweet me "I am not in a hurry to go to heaven" grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by olajigaolamide: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
No human being can enter heaven nor see God without the mercy of Jesus Christ. I will rather advice oyedepo to keep praying for God's mercy so that he can see God and get the full reward of his stewardship. Entering Heaven is by the mercy of God and it is not anyone's right.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Starz825(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Not surprised at all.

Here's why:

Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Oh my God...may God bless your wisdom of the word of God....
But u can't judge him...u understand naw...
Though what the man of God said abt job(in the picture) i can't tell.......but for what I read from the book of job, Satan found no fault in job except that God surrounded him with good tidings...God even testified to Satan abt Job walking uprightly before him... Therefore Satan now asked God to give him a chance to get rid of everything he has and see if he won't deny God...that was the case of Job... wasn't even abt tithing..

And besides even if u tithe from now till tommorow...if u are to face persecution for ur salvation..u will face it..

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by OnPointMan(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Not surprised at all.

Here's why:

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Lol @ the picture grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Stephendeals: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
golddeejay:

Not a Christian or even a Muslim. I don't believe in some People's imaginative hell or heaven sold to you. So that negate everything you typed. Sorry.
Ok with that then I only dropped that for people who believe but dont know what they claim to believe base on the text of 'bible'
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

Paradise is sweet, Bishop cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by bla4(m): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
why will you be in a hurry, na who go flex your wealth for here?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
frosbel2:
Pastor I cannot wait to meet you in the Lake of Fire because thats your abode cool
This one has resigned to fate...
You may end up in Paradise... Don't give up!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by LoveJesus87(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Not surprised at all.

Here's why:

you are just biblically and spiritually DUMB. and you are HIGHLY disappointing given you are Christian as your monicker suggests. Honestly. So to desire long life means he is not heaven minded that all his treasures are here and not in heaven. Your spiritual backwardness is SICKENING. What did God promise us in psalm 91 : 16? Is it not "with long life will I satisfy thee" ? Long life is one of our birthright in Christ Jesus. If you don't desire it, no problem but slamming a genuine Christian who does is out of it. Do you know baba sabela? At what age did he died? So his heart was not in heaven because he stayed long here on earth? Do you KNOW what you are saying at all?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by doggedfighter(f): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
Godstime4me:
Please my people, help a starving brother. I have been pleading for help since 2 days now. I'm a student who returned to school because of the prospects of exams starting on Tuesday and also because I was opportuned to enter a free ride. my family isn't bouyant enough and my dad has severe high BP that's why I had to find my way so as not to make him to start thinking about where to get money to give me. I haven't eaten a decent food since I got back and am starving.

I am soliciting for help from well meaning people who will be touched enough to hear my plight and have mercy. I am not asking for much, no matter how little, it will go a long way. God bless you all

Fidelity Bank.
I have been seeing this for weeks now. Is this another person? I may be wrong.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2019
Crysthaniel:
Abeegi. if these pple no sabi wetin dey wanto talk make dem kuku kip quiet jejely!
Biko nah.. dahz how his Collegue prayed a questionable prayer the other day!
you no wan quickly go heaven.. how many years Jesus himself spent on this earth?
Or ls Longitivity related to being a pastor abi?
what is questionable in a deep hole??

Was Joseph not put in a deep hole/well/pit and eventually delivered??

That is what the prayer point is about and not something else..

This generation is spoilt...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Bachwezi(m): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2019
ipobarethieves:
angry angry undecided.Some of u will just open mouth spew/type nonsense.I'm not memba of his Church but one thing is certain, HE DOESN'T FORCE ANYBODY TO PAY TITHES.
Scanners don't force their victims too

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by doggedfighter(f): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
Angelfrost:

So... You want to go to the lake of fire just to meet someone you think is headed there??!... Seriously??! undecided
It doesn't exist so no one is meeting anyone cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by mkpurumma090(f): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
frosbel2:
Pastor I cannot wait to meet you in the Lake of Fire because thats your abode cool
Lol lol lol

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by chinkelly(m): 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2019
eTECTIV:

U didn't hear him, he said he will be there forever so no point in hurrying.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Bachwezi(m): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
Nobody wan die but dem wan go heaven. Receive the power to live beyond 180 sir you must enjoy the tithe and donations

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by bonnyhope: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
this one is not ready to die yet.....after all there is so much enjoyment
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by penguinpikin: 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
you dont want to leave the biz for anyone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by golddeejay(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2019
Stephendeals:

Ok with that then I only dropped that for people who believe but dont know what they claim to believe base on the text of 'bible'
That is great of you. Atleast you don't try to condemn an "unbeliever".
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by itu404(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2019
At the end of the day you are talking down of a man who is one of the biggest employer of labour in that country. Aman who has shown and proved that it is possible to generate electricity for the country by doing so for the past 17 years. do not talk down on your betters and elders otherwise you will never get to their station in life. again who is your daddy self is he known or just a nonentity.
your Daddy Freeze thought he could garner massive followers by trying to pull pastors down, but na lie! he is so frustrated that he jumps from one topic to another. the other day he was at a carshow with a friend;s car yet, these pastors can afford that car easily. Yet again some of you are so dumb thinking that these are fake pastors siphoning and milking the poor in the church. Tell me. if you say they are poor where the hell do they have the milk these pastors are alleging milking If you think anybody from anywhere in this world can cheat a Nigerian and hoodwink him from his meagre money you have another thinking to do. Those who have a success oriented mind do not criticize or pull down those already successful instead they become determine and harness those energy to become focus on their quest to make it, too.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now by Rebuke: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
eTECTIV:

We all have a choice to make. Baba has made his, yhu can decide to die now n go to heaven if you so wish, provided yhu meet d standard though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Did You See Pepper In The Last 8 Years, Oyedepo Asks Nigerians / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.