Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction (51315 Views)

The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission / Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria / The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Champele(m): 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
What is Arthur Eze''s contribution to Ebonyi state that made him deserve naming a bridge after him? Ebonyi people murukwa anya ka azu

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Johnkay225: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
Meanwhile Abia has four pillars after four years and 100 days in office.. See Ebonyi oh, chai Abia State is in the hand of con men. Yahoo men...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by annyberry: 11:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
LLobiorah:

I swear, that Abakpa junction and holy ghost need flyover. The kind traffic congestion and massive number of people in that area, no be here.
No b lie u talk especially liberty wit stupid hold up

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Ttipsy(f): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Enugu needs flyovers now,
horrible traffic during pick hours.
wish that big Tommy governor is seeing this

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by guru90: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
Stanchriss:
Using his construction company to siphon state treasury asap

Hahaha.... abi...
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
Stanchriss:
Using his construction company to siphon state treasury asap
You know the game so well brother. The way Nigerian politicians get to loot is through capital projects. This smart criminal of a governor has stolen more than any other south east governor. His first son has a brand new hotel and a tech company recently launched all financed with ebonyi money. Nigeria is fcked. He is also a good asslicker. Licking Bihari and Arthur eze ass upandan. Like he dug his head in Jonathan's ass too.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2019
NoApology:
Unveiling the ongoing Construction of Prince Arthur Eze Flyover in Ebonyi

In an effort to curb traffic congestion in Ebonyi State which is caused by heavy inflow of investors and greener pastures hunters, the governor, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE has introduced construction of flyovers, pedestrian crossing, bridges and tunnels which are used to compliment many roads constructed in the state.

So far, the state is having four 23 span flyovers which include Sen. Offia Nwali flyover, Akanu Ibiam Flyover, St. Margaret Umahi Flyover and now the ongoing Construction of Prince Arthur Eze Flyover at Abaomege, Onicha LGA of Ebonyi State.

Also, there are several pedestrian crossing, bridges, and tunnels in the state and the governor has equally planned to construct more at Water Woks Road, Vanco Junction, New College of Medicine, Ebonyi Hotels junction etc.

As at today, Ebonyi State ranks top among the states with the best Road network, security, fast developing in terms of infrastructure, etc, which is the reason the state has become a safe heaven for investors.

Umahi, on Sunday , inspected the ongoing construction of the new flyover to see the progress of work done and was impressed with the quality and speed of work going on at site.

We now have a new Ebonyi State and we give all thanks to Governor David Nweze Umahi.

Curbing traffic congestion in the remote village of Abomege? More than 40mins. drive from the state capital?

Greener pasture in Ebonyi when the only economic/business Area in Ebonyi have been on locks for more than a week now?
What is even wrong with you "want-to-be" STAs??

Una been all mad before?
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:

It's not a crime to plan.
The article mentions the influx of investors to the state. Better now than to pay compensation later.

Bros this bridges is located in a remote villa more than 1hr. Drive from the state capital!
The Governor is only trying to justify the huge amount of monies he received from Arthur Eze.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by AyakaDunukofia: 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2019
salt1:

It's a win win for Umahi.

This is the governor's thinking (has some economic basis with a dose of emotional reasons).

All things being equal, construction work and all public works have great multiplier effects on the economy as this entails a huge cash inflow into the system plus many people are employed as the project lasts and opportunities for training abound.

You will notice that the massive construction works in the state have been a great stimulus to the economy of Ebonyi state.

The construction of multiple flyovers is a more emotional project. In the governor's words, he wants to tell the rest of the nation....especially nde ijekebee that Ebonyi people are not as backward as they keep saying... He mentioned the flyover in Abakaliki/ Afikpo road as one that was designed to confuse and confound the people who look down on Ebonyi people.

His companies do the jobs. He massages the people's ego, makes lots of money and is praised for a good job.
He wins on all fronts

Can't you guys make a comment without being divisive and clannish...Yet he named the project after onye ijekebee. That shows your sentiments are not shared at the top?
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by prosnadis(m): 12:15am On Sep 10, 2019
U stay behind ur keyboard and talk about things u dont know.....this just one part that flies over the main express from abakaliki to afikpo which has the highest number of trucks plying it every second especially from quarry sites....Do u think that the governor is daft,come to ebonyi u will see that projects are prioritised.
plaindealer:
This location is not in dire need of a flyover, ego project money down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Ikpongiton: 2:09am On Sep 10, 2019
look like ,i pass my neighbour flyover
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by ManishSmith(m): 2:37am On Sep 10, 2019
Otunbascotty:
You know the game so well brother. The way Nigerian politicians get to loot is through capital projects. This smart criminal of a governor has stolen more than any other south east governor. His first son has a brand new hotel and a tech company recently launched all financed with ebonyi money. Nigeria is fcked. He is also a good asslicker. Licking Bihari and Arthur eze ass upandan. Like he dug his head in Jonathan's ass too.

Good thing you did a wonderful research, thats his first son Osborn and he schooled abroad, simple and down to earth. Could remember his childhood friend wedding, he was the bestman even against his father's wish and still convinced his father and mom to be there. If he did lunched a brand new tech company does that mean he stole Ebonyi money? Or does his father look poor even before he became the governor? Instead of hating and critizing let's pray that we all can achieve what our parents could not achieve and leave something meaningful for generations to come....... Shalom

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by tsavkeghps(m): 5:05am On Sep 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 10, 2019
greenandy:

You must be part of them who see flyover as mark of city and development.

Iberiberism. You, or most of the people in Ebonyi state may still be fetching water from private borehole.

Okorocha built two flyovers in Owerri while 100% of Imo state had no source of treated running water.

It is my Ebonyi state and not your own. What he does is awesome in our sight and your opinion doesn't count.

Umahi carry on please and don't forget our stadium and airport o.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by nnamathy: 5:44am On Sep 10, 2019
9jaRealist:

Would prefer he put the money in schools, hospitals, portable water, power, skill-development, etc. cool
>
He's ongoing school project partner with UBEC. Water supply project will be so difficult to achieve considering the type of settlement employed in some local government of the state, which the only option is the regular borehole in sensitive areas. Skill development; please don't make me laugh ooo.... I had wondered in a million time why PTDF, NLNG, FSB and the likes invest on skill acquisition and human capacity development through scholarship programme abroad but yet we still struggle in all phase of the economy; NOTE: Acquired skill is proportioned to an enabling environment.. We can only pray that has Umahi is availing enabling environment that his successor should look into skill development and Power. Then more of it will come
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Bosc(m): 5:57am On Sep 10, 2019
And this center table has been under construction for only God knows how long.

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by nnamathy: 6:20am On Sep 10, 2019
KenOne:

I was speaking base on the landscape and the thick forest I am seeing and no commercial buildings to signify that it's a busy road/junction the reason i said the place doesn't look like a place known for traffic.
Do you prefer demolition of structure to mount good road or preventing future destructive process in curbing a pell-mell situation of a congested road. We so much love Governor that destroy people's business all in the name of dualization of road but i believe people from Ebonyi (like myself) appreciates his effort so so so so much.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by ThinkSmarter: 6:21am On Sep 10, 2019
KenOne:

I was speaking base on the landscape and the thick forest I am seeing and no commercial buildings to signify that it's a busy road/junction the reason i said the place doesn't look like a place known for traffic.

But if you say so who am I to say other wise since I don't know the area more than you do, then kudos to Dave Umahi for having alot of signature projects with less federal allocation.

Unlike my governor Wike with huge allocation and IGR is yet to dualise any road not to talk of flyover bridge as signature project.
that Aba-Omege junction is the entry and exit point for all UNICEM trucks from Calabar to other SE and SS states.
The project is a welcome dev
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by ojojo1985: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2019
God bless you sir,truly you are working
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by grandstar(m): 6:48am On Sep 10, 2019
Sunofgod:
I smell corruption somewhere.

Arthur finances governor's elections for a reason.

Where is the state government getting these funds from? I suspect those who want their names attached to these projects.

Also, the governor did not even pay the 18,000 previous minimum wage in order to have funds for capital projects. He will carry this on in his second term.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by AFONJACOW(m): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2019
And okezie Ikpeazu is not yet ready to commission ordinary 1 flyover in abia... You see Ngwa, Umuahia, mbaise people don't leave your money with them.... Let's have an Ngwa and mbaise governor, here we are... Ikpeazu and ihedioha birds of the Same feathers
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Caseless: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2019
KenOne:

But if you say so who am I to say other wise since I don't know the area more than you do, then kudos to Dave Umahi for having alot of signature projects with less federal allocation.

Unlike my governor Wike with huge allocation and IGR is yet to dualise any road not to talk of flyover bridge as signature project.

And they call him Mr project. Wike na scam.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by NoApology(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2019
Those of you saying the governor should focus on human capital development and ways to boost the state's economy. I assure you guys that no sector is left behind in the governor's developmental strides. I suggest you guys do your homework before you come here to dish out your unverified facts.

Below is the link to the governor's latest stride in health development

https://www.nairaland.com/5404357/progress-report-new-ebonyi-school

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2019
ManishSmith:

Good thing you did a wonderful research, thats his first son Osborn and he schooled abroad, simple and down to earth. Could remember his childhood friend wedding, he was the bestman even against his father's wish and still convinced his father and mom to be there. If he did lunched a brand new tech company does that mean he stole Ebonyi money? Or does his father look poor even before he became the governor? Instead of hating and critizing let's pray that we all can achieve what our parents could not achieve and leave something meaningful for generations to come....... Shalom
Fine his father didn't steal ebonyi money right? Since you know them so well too ,why don't you tell me about Osborn brand new hotel how was he able to finance it. A young man who schooled in Surrey suddenly became so rich overnight. His father is also a good asslicker You skipped that part. Mind you I ain't hating on him that's why I censored his handle. I am rich enough to meet my needs. You are the one hating probably the truth. If it was an unknown young Nigerian that launched a brand new hotel and a tech company your ilk will be the first to tag him a fraudster or a yahoo boy. Educate yourself well my brother. Open your eyes and see your leaders don't love or care about you they only care about their own just like you stated up there. Shalom too.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by mabea: 7:57am On Sep 10, 2019
KenOne:
Right project in a wrong location. From the look of the landscape this place looks like a village that has low vehicular movement and activities.

I thought fly over bridge is for a notorious junction known for traffic deadlock to decongest traffic.

It's like the built Bayelsa airport that has the lowest traffic known to airport that have made airline companies not to move to the airport, from Bayelsa to Abuja or Lagos less than 40 passengers a day.

Not true. That road is very busy. Connecting both afikpo and cross river to abakaliki and Enugu. If you're travelling to Benue, Enugu, Onitsha and Abakaliki from Calabar that's your road.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by mabea: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2019
Otunbascotty:
Fine his father didn't steal ebonyi money right? Since you know them so well too ,why don't you tell me about Osborn brand new hotel how was he able to finance it. A young man who schooled in Surrey suddenly became so rich overnight. His father is also a good asslicker You skipped that part. Mind you I ain't hating on him that's why I censored his handle. I am rich enough to meet my needs. You are the one hating probably the truth. If it was an unknown young Nigerian that launched a brand new hotel and a tech company your ilk will be the first to tag him a fraudster or a yahoo boy. Educate yourself well my brother. Open your eyes and see your leaders don't love or care about you they only care about their own just like you stated up there. Shalom too.
Do you have proofs?
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by kingdavid09: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2019
This guy is a blessing to Ebonyi state.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by NNEWIsuper: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2019
mabea:
Not true. That road is very busy. Connecting both afikpo and cross river to abakaliki and Enugu. If you're travelling to Benue, Enugu, Onitsha and Abakaliki from Calabar that's your road.
even people traveling from northern cross River like ogoja use that route too , is far closer to calabar for them than following through cross River state itself

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by Goahead(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2019
This Umahi is hell-bent on turning Ebonyi into a concrete jungle. My major concern right now is his successor in 2023.
Re: Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction by 9jaRealist: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2019
nnamathy:

He's ongoing school project partner with UBEC. Water supply project will be so difficult to achieve considering the type of settlement employed in some local government of the state, which the only option is the regular borehole in sensitive areas. Skill development; please don't make me laugh ooo.... I had wondered in a million time why PTDF, NLNG, FSB and the likes invest on skill acquisition and human capacity development through scholarship programme abroad but yet we still struggle in all phase of the economy; NOTE: Acquired skill is proportioned to an enabling environment.. We can only pray that has Umahi is availing enabling environment that his successor should look into skill development and Power. Then more of it will come

This is where Nigerians almost always put the cart before the horse...
And then you have foreigners building your “infrastructure” that you cannot maintain once they leave.

Even for basic artisan-level skills, Nigerians prefer to use better-trained Beninoise and Togolese...
Many Ebonyi citizens will never use those flyovers, but every Ebonyi citizen would directly from a marketable skill.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Carrying Entire Family Veers Off The Road,lands Into River In Imo(pics) / Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / Dispatch Rider Thrills Motorists On 3rd Mainland Bridge: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.