Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church (52498 Views)

Police Arrest “Yahoo Boys” For Burying New Born Baby In Rivers / Kano Teenager Ibrahim Khalil To Die By Hanging For Burying Nephew Alive / Man Arrested In Bauchi For Burying His Newborn Grandchild Alive (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
grin
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by phew09(f): 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ridiculousness
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Happyfela(m): 11:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
Some Pig Annointing right there
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by shamecurls(m): 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2019
Na today!

That's a potent Awero charm of prepared very well.

Why is the police disturbing them.
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
ijustdey:

A 33-year-old pastor’s wife, Blessing Okechukwu, has appeared before an Ajegunle Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly burying a live pig in her husband’s church compound, on Tuesday.

The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. S.I. Bassey told the court that the defendant committed the offence around 1.40 a.m. on September 3, at the National bank estate, Satelite Town, Lagos.

He alleged that the defendant, and her husband, who was the senior pastor of License of Healing Deliverance Mission, were caught burying a live pig in the church compound.

Mr Bassey told the court that he had witnesses who saw the defendant in the act and picture evidence of the pig when the police dug it up.
The offence, he said, contravened the revised provisions of sections 411, 168 (d) and 394 (1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that Sections 168 and 394 both stipulates a three-month jail term each for the offence of breach of peace and animal cruelty respectively, while 411 carries two-years for conspiracy.

The Magistrate, Ramot Ayilara, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum.

She ordered that the surety must reside within the court’s jurisdiction and be gainfully employed, with address verified by the court.
Mrs Ayilara adjourned the case until September 19 for mention.

https://dailynigerian.com/pastor-wife-in-court-for-allegedly-burying-pig-alive/

Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
Aladdin1:
breach of peace and animal cruelty! for naija? persin no fit do sacrifice in peace again? abegi the pastor na confirmed ritualist.if dem leave am next time na humanbeing him go bury for him church.charge am for using witchcraft/charm,conspiracy,killing and burying an innocent animal,deception.anything! but not for breach of peace or animal cruelty.its laughable.

Traditional religion is not against the law. The animal cruelty sef get k leg, as I don't believe we slaughter animals humanely in these parts
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by MiseryIndex(m): 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
They Trying To Start A Piggy Bank
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
Inside life!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by omenka(m): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
Is there any law against burying animals alive in the country?

Are there animal protection laws in Nigeria?

What laws 3xactly did they break from burying the pig alive?

I'd like to be enlightened.
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Prestoex(m): 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by DeviIhimseIf: 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
[s]
post=82114827:
Inside life!
[/s]
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by GavelSlam: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
RexTramadol1:
What's the issue gangan?

Animal cruelty.
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by GavelSlam: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
DeviIhimseIf:
[s][/s]

You no get work?
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
Strange
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by RexTramadol1: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2019
GavelSlam:

Animal cruelty.

I agree tho', but it's more cruel to put knife in the throat of a ram
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by JonOlive: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2019
I refuse to join this bandwagon above. What if the accuser planted the pig there in his plot to oust this pastor and his family from the said property? Its a complex world!
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by GavelSlam: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
RexTramadol1:

I agree tho', but it's more cruel to put knife in the throat of a ram

Not really.

The death is instant.
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by DeviIhimseIf: 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
[s]
GavelSlam:

You no get work?
[/s]
yes
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Orpe7(m): 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
They believe

As maggots dey plenty inside pig, members go plenty for church
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Sterope(f): 12:00am On Sep 11, 2019
That is a popular ritual
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by beresponsible(m): 12:03am On Sep 11, 2019
License of Healing Deliverance Mission. See name. Burying live pig. Where that one dey for bible? Wetin we neva hear from supposed faith leaders, rape, murder, fraud, animal sacrifices etc.
Some of these churches sef. Either you are a juju person or you are a Christian. The 2 don't mix in neither realms physically nor spiritually
Christiandom has an urgent duty to self regulate and define what it means to be followers of Christ.
Such stories are clues that the faith itself as a whole will be of ridicule in the near future? People are losing faith.

Nigerian gov't and the judiciary don't have laws for some of the nefarious activities going on in some churches today so self regulations within the Christian community is indispensable
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by litaninja(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2019
Breach of peace??
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2019
Is it because of breach of peace and animal cruelty of burying the pig alive that they arrested them. They are not telling the truth.
Lalasticlala should also be arrested for being cruel to snakes and displaying them on this forum
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 11, 2019
Anima Christi...
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Mayflowa(m): 12:22am On Sep 11, 2019
Jabioro:
I wondered what kind of peace she violated..she is in raw sacrifice not burnt offerring..the case will died natural death..

Don’t you know it would disrupt public peace when the church members find out what their pastor and wife is up to especially for those that are sick and those the persons the pastors have tasked heavily.

The law does not recognized sacrifice as crime but buying life animal alive which is cruelty is a good way to catch ritualist
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Samadora24434(m): 12:48am On Sep 11, 2019
meobizy:
The question is why did they do it?

They call it "Aworo" by burying the pig it'll bring more people to the church, We once caught an imam doing the same thing. I stopped going to his mosque.
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by grandstar(m): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2019
When I was reading the article, I asked myself what can they be charged for? I suspected animal cruelty but wasn't aware of breach to public peace.

It will be laughable charging them for juju related offenses grin grin grin grin

However, in the eye of the public, they are doomed!

I'm I the only one wondering who squealed on them? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Lehgit(m): 1:03am On Sep 11, 2019
breach of peace and animal cruelty! for naija? persin no fit do sacrifice in peace again? abegi the pastor na confirmed ritualist.if dem leave am next time na humanbeing him go bury for him church.charge am for using witchcraft/charm,conspiracy,killing and burying an innocent animal,deception.anything! but not for breach of peace or animal cruelty.its laughable.

Unfortunately witchcraft and wizardry has no punishment in Nigeria(law) as they can't judge what happens in spirit realm
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by semyman: 3:09am On Sep 11, 2019
They are fraud and fettish riding on Jesus is Lord
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by Jabioro: 3:09am On Sep 11, 2019
Mayflowa:

Don’t you know it would disrupt public peace when the church members find out what their pastor and wife is up to especially for those that are sick and those the persons the pastors have tasked heavily.

The law does not recognized sacrifice as crime but buying life animal alive which is cruelty is a good way to catch ritualist
I understood my brother i just wanted to go other ways round.
Re: Blessing Okechukwu: Pastor, Wife In Court For Burying Pig Alive In Church by thunderbabs: 3:51am On Sep 11, 2019
Fake prophets shall arise and multiply more than before and shall deceive the very elect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gray Ekpezu, UNICAL Student Killed By A Soldier (Pictures) / Akintunde Ajayi: Police Arrest Teacher Who Demanded Sex From Schoolgirl / South African Police Arresting Any Foreigner Without Valid ID And Papers (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.