Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,161 members, 7,953,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me (1401 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Help! An Unwanted Pregnancy Is Ruining My Life. / Help Gambling Addiction!!! It's Ruining Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 12:32am On Sep 11, 2019
I think so much that it's affecting me physically ..
No matter what I eat, or the quantity, I don't even add weight rather I shrink
This minute I'm happy, the next I'm lost in thoughts
Help me.... I just needed to voice out, that's why I came here... cry cry

NB-I'm still schooling
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 11, 2019
You go soon die throway!!!!!
You dey wan break Aristotle thinking record abi?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by pocohantas(f): 12:51am On Sep 11, 2019
Take it easy on yourself. To be a man is not a day's job, so you guys tend to put a lot of pressure on yourselves and I understand that.

However, if you go on like this, you might push yourself into crime...depression, worse case, suicide.

You have been thinking how to change course. You have considered learning a skill. You have even tried yahoo yahoo, which didn't pay.

Take a break, rest, sleep, drink more water, listen to good music, read books.

If there is anyone or anything that makes you think you are in some UNHEALTHY competition with people, cut it off. If it is Facebook, Instagram, some kind friends at a bar and those places guys hang out- cut them off. Don't become a hermit, but change your circle to people who can motivate you positively and lovingly.

This life na jeje. Take it one day at a time...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by donstan18: 1:03am On Sep 11, 2019
Your poor CCGP is behind your worries.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 11, 2019
Learn to live in the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by BarrElChapo(m): 4:14am On Sep 11, 2019
take it easy bro...

1 Like

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by blesskewe(f): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2019
Take it easy biko
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Greatzeus(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2019
pocohantas:
Take it easy on yourself. To be a man is not a day's job, so you guys tend to put a lot of pressure on yourselves and I understand that.

However, if you go on like this, you might push yourself into crime...depression, worse case, suicide.

You have been thinking how to change course. You have considered learning a skill. You have even tried yahoo yahoo, which didn't pay.

If there is anyone or anything that makes you think you are in some UNHEALTHY competition with people, cut it off. If it is Facebook, Instagram, some kind friends at a bar and those places guys hang out- cut them off. Don't become a hermit, but change your circle to people who can motivate you positively and lovingly.

Great words. Wow great advice. But I do see guys quote you in comments especially Anti-Male topics. I used to think maybe you hate guys but from this your comment,it doesn't seem so.
Truly not good to judge based on others perception if you haven't met the person.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by pocohantas(f): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2019
Greatzeus:

Great words. Wow great advice. But I do see guys quote you in comments especially Anti-Male topics. I used to think maybe you hate guys but from this your comment,it doesn't seem so.
Truly not good to judge based on others perception if you haven't met the person.

I hate stupid guys and they are plenty on this forum. It is only normal for them to think I hate them- which is actually true.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Abcruz(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2019
adesmarty:

NB-I'm still schooling

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Matthew 6:25-27

1 Like

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
pocohantas:

I hate stupid guys and they are plenty on this forum. It is only normal for them to think I hate them- which is actually true.

LMAO burst my brain grin grin grin grin
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Welcomme: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
pocohantas:

Woow.. I am not in that guy's mind, but I am Damm sure u have captured all what is disturbing that guy. So many of these disturb we children that were not born with a silver spoon. The country is even making things more and more difficult.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by AntiMCU: 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2019
adesmarty:

NB-I'm still schooling

Do you smoke, drink or womanize?

Better adopt one if you don't.

As a man, you'll need it as a coping mechanism when life presents its challenges

Used to be like you until I realized the effectiveness of green bottles.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
AntiMCU:

As a man, you'll need it as a coping mechanism when life presents its challenges

OP follow this advice at your peril, from frypan to fire. From depression to becoming a Drunkard or Womanising.

When your eyes clear, you still remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by AntiMCU: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

OP follow this advice at your peril, from frypan to fire. From depression to becoming a Drunkard or Womanising.

When your eyes clear, you still remain the same.

Smoking weed perhaps?
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
pocohantas:

You just spoke like my elder sister...
She's like the only one who actually understands me
Reading your reply it was like I was reading my own mind
God bless you for this.....
It has really touched me beyond my expectations..
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2019
donstan18:
Your poor CCGP is behind your worries.

Nah... I'm on a 2.1
Among the top ten in my department
Thanks
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
BarrElChapo:
take it easy bro...

I'm trying my best bro

But my greatest setback is impatience....
I pray I overcome it
I just wanna be successful so I can touch the lives of loved ones(family)
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
Abcruz:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Matthew 6:25-27
Thanks for this sir

1 Like

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by elektra(f): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
You are just living life, everyone is thinking about their life. Even Bill Gates is worried about how to spend his money.

I realized this when my boss who was CEO got fired! At 55, after climbing to the pinnacle of his career, the man said he is still thinking of how to navigate the job market.

So thinking and making decisions never ends, even the people wey you think say don make am are thinking and worrying about something.

Just take it in stride and keep moving forward.

1 Like

Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
AntiMCU:

Lol
I don't smoke,drink
I stopped chasing girls since No girl gree look my side beyond friendship level(friendzone)
It's just me, my phone and earpiece
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by adesmarty: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
AntiMCU:

Lol
I don't smoke,drink
I stopped chasing girls since No girl gree look my side beyond friendship level(friendzone)
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by AntiMCU: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
adesmarty:

Lol
I don't smoke,drink
Start drinking!
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by elektra(f): 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
AntiMCU:

Start drinking!

Lol, Don’t listen to this guy. Drinking as a coping mechanism no be am. It costs money and is unhealthy. Better you find a hobby that could be profitable.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by BarrElChapo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
I see you're actually doing well academically.. believe me you're on the right track.. stay focused on that path.. you'd end up well..
You really can't be impatient cos you gotta get done with school then the process of getting a job.. etc would naturally take its course..
But importantly is having a good relationship with God cos He's got the best plans for you bigger than you can imagine yourself.. Take care smiley

adesmarty:

I'm trying my best bro

But my greatest setback is impatience....
I pray I overcome it
I just wanna be successful so I can touch the lives of loved ones(family)
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by AntiMCU: 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
adesmarty:

Lol
I don't smoke,drink
See my brother.

People will give you sob stories of how things will get better and what nots.

Truth is that, they're right

However you don't know when.

They won't be with you when the trials come.

You need a friend, a companion, something to take your mind of the hassles of life.

I don't womanize cos it's a sin against God almighty.

Neither do I smoke: though if you want to do this, I advice you take weed.

So I prefer drinking.

So again I advice you, choose one.

Smoking, drinking or womanizing?

Before making a decison, take into consideration your background, beliefs and personal principles.

It's that simple.
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by AntiMCU: 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2019
elektra:

Lol, Don’t listen to this guy. Drinking as a coping mechanism no be am. It costs money and is unhealthy. Better you find a hobby that could be profitable.

How much is beer?
Re: Over Thinking About The Future Is Ruining Me by Papertrail11(m): 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
Try and get busy from getting busy you can spot an opportunity waiting for you

Try and reg on a freelance site there may be skill you have folks are willing to pay for photoshop design...

Reg on foriegn forums like Reddit to get some exposure..

(1) (Reply)

Black Palm Kernel Oil, PKO / Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father / Why Nwayiocha, A Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Man Is Trending Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.