Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo (4174 Views)

Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's / Tinubu And Amaechi Clash Over Senate President Position / Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
mikeansy:

The fact of the matter is Katsumoto's argument remains more grown up than anything I have seen from Bluetooth on this issue.

But guys Ekwueme was never President but he has every right to hold his head up high even if he dies tomorrow.

I wish Bluetooth will realise this. There are great men in Yoruba land. But there are great men in Igbo land too. So no need for childish prejudices.
So I'm a tribalist abi ?
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

So I'm a tribalist abi ?

I can tell you how much I would love to say "NO you are not" but I will be stretching the truth if I said that.

We all have sentiments and it is every human's instinct to stick by those who look like them, defend their tribe or religion and discriminate against those who are different. But when you live with others and try to see the world through other people's eyes then you are able to break these innate behaviourial barries.

It is a life challenge for all of humanity and certainly some have made more progress than others in this endeavour.

If I wanna be honest there are some of my Igbo brothers you engage with in those spat that sometimes make me cringe. They are as guilty as yourself but I think all of it is not necessary one bit.

I must say it is unfortunate Ekwueme is the subject when we are having this conversation because the man deserves better. He is the model Politician of the kind of Politics Nigeria needs to have.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Afam4eva(m): 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

So I'm a tribalist abi ?

I'm a human being abi?
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Ericology(m): 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
Katsumoto:

Bluetooth

Let this matter rest; you are not arguing your point well.

Am new here but it seems you are one of the few here who argue with sanity, i hope am right anyway, keep it up
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
afam4eva:

I'm a human being abi?

All these times I thought you were, anyway sorry, no offence intended.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Arysexy(m): 11:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ blacktooth, the first comment i made on this thread was bc of ppl like u and behold u didn't dissappoint me, u exhibited ur traits. u left ur burning house for a rat chase, what a hopeless future for someone that calls u son. U are the most si.lly i.diot i av ever witnessed on NL, Ur likes will never make any headway in life bc ur mind is full of evil and tribal hatred for a tribe that i wouldn't know where ur beaf about them comes from. How on earth can u learn when glaring truth facing u were all shoved aside with ur chamelion summersault? I pray u have a change of heart and stop ur usual igbo-hatred as u always do whenever u see any igbo name, before u start dragging Ekwueme's name to the mud, go figure out his achievements and educational feats and check if ur PAPA achieved 1/100th of that. U are a wasted sp.erm and will always be. Foooo.oool of the highest order!!!
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by porka: 2:33am On Oct 30, 2010
Guys, don't you think we need to read the book in order to know the context Obj made that statement? Plus, I don't think Dr. Ekwueme rejected that position because it demeans him, I guess being a refined gentleman, he might have reasoned that his strength lies in the executive and not the legislature, he would have loved to serve in any capacity that will add value to the country. These guys love this country more than we think.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by 1025: 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2010
Guys, don't you think we need to read the book in order to know the context Obj made that statement? Plus, I don't think Dr. Ekwueme rejected that position because it demeans him, I guess being a refined gentleman, he might have reasoned that his strength lies in the executive and not the legislature, he would have loved to serve in any capacity that will add value to the country. These guys love this country more than we think.

@porka,
i don't know if am alone in my reasoning. is there any justified reason for someone to promise another, the senate president in a democratic setting?
what am saying here is, ekwueme come from a senatorial zone where the ppl have the right to vote him or someone else. with such promise on board, do u think anything will make ekwueme fail to win even if he is not the ppl's choice? what obasanjo is saying here described the regime that made so much noise abt its readiness to fight corruption and that is what is obtainable in the nigerian politics till date. is it not a wise thing to say it is obasanjo's legacy in our polity selecting ppl for every position and thereby render our constitutional rights to vote and be voted for useless.
we are doomed. if anyone is supporting obasanjo on this, that one is either abnormal or ignorant of the term democracy.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Katsumoto: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2010
1025:

@porka,
i don't know if am alone in my reasoning. is there any justified reason for someone to promise another, the senate president in a democratic setting?
what am saying here is, ekwueme come from a senatorial zone where the ppl have the righ[b]t to vote him or someone else. with such promise on board, do u think anything will make ekwueme fail to win even if he is not the ppl's choice? what obasanjo is saying here described the regime that made so much noise abt its readiness to fight corruption and that is what is obtainable in the nigerian politics till date. is it not a wise thing to say it is obasanjo's legacy in our polity selecting ppl for every position and thereby render our constitutional rights to vote and be voted for useless.
we are doomed. if anyone is supporting obasanjo on this, that one is either abnormal or ignorant of the term democracy.[/b]

That is, in essence, what I hold against OBJ. He has foisted a lot of incompetent thugs on the Nigerian people. In the South West, for instance, he selected some corrupt and visionless idiots such as Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Oyinlola. He attempted the same tactic in the East. The people should be free to select their leaders, even if they are selecting badly. That is the beauty of democracy. OBJ had some notable successes but I believe that he got it wrong as far as party politics is concerned. Looking back, Ekueme must be glad he didn't accept to serve in such a political atmosphere (even though he did serve in the very corrupt Shagari government).
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Donmeca(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

That wasn't necessary; unguarded generalisations and tribal mudslinging, lead us nowhere. There are great men in all tribes just as there are imbeciles and never-do-well personalities in all tribes.

Ekwueme should feature prominently in the former and never in the latter but do people like ~bluetooth understand that?
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Msgrt: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
Ekueme wetin da happen
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
Katsumoto:

That wasn't necessary; unguarded generalisations and tribal mudslinging, lead us nowhere. There are great men in all tribes just as there are imbeciles and never-do-well personalities in all tribes.

Bluetooth or Black teeth u call ur self, u r not tribalistic but retarded, its ppl like u that politician use as Ignoramus junkass, hey do u have ur brain in ur anus, i have never seen anything anything good written from u seen i been in Nairaland, men grow up.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
kayci_d77:

Bluetooth or Black teeth u call your self, u r not tribalistic but retarded, its ppl like u that politician use as Ignoramus junkass, hey do u have your brain in your anus, i have never seen anything anything good written from u seen i been in Nairaland, men grow up.
This one wey you dey speak native english ? Go siddon for gutter jo !
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Katsumoto: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
kayci_d77:

Bluetooth or Black teeth u call your self, u r not tribalistic but retarded, its ppl like u that politician use as Ignoramus junkass, hey do u have your brain in your anus, i have never seen anything anything good written from u seen i been in Nairaland, men grow up.

Is it fair to say you clicked on the wrong post? grin
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2010
Katsumoto:

Is it fair to say you clicked on the wrong post? grin
Don't mind that goat jare,Na too much garri dey worry am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

News Breaking Nnamdi Kanu Issued Death Threat Against Gov Obiano / Zaria Killings: Sack Buratai Now- Sahara Reporters / Anti-rape Condoms With Teeth For Women (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.