Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) (49123 Views)

Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) / Coscharis Adds More Monster Commercial Rice Harvesters In Anambra- Pictures / Coscharis Is Developing Infrastructures For Dry Season Farming In Anambra- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by moonbender(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
Only those who are caught selling drugs and doing online scam are known to us.

Some are lucky, some aren't! Those who are lucky will establish factories and businesses and everything is fine.

Invictus was a business mogul everyone hailed until he was caught.

Na who pass know book.

Money no be sand.

If na by how person hustle, our grandpas suppose fit afford to buy 20 aircrafts at once.

2 Likes

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by ihitenansa: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

And you think I'm on the lookout for igbo recognition?

naa she doesn't think you are..

She knows you are..its that obvious

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
omenka:
Now let me add this.

I know some folks who cried blue murder when it was announced the FG would henceforth stop the issuance of forex for the importation of stuffs like rice. They rained insults as is typical of those who have sworn over their dead bodies to see any propriety whatsoever in the actions taken by the government.

Now, I want to ask, in the absence of such fiscal policies, how do we expect businesses such as this to thrive? How do we expect the local market to come of age? How do we wean ourselves off of imported products that can easily be produced locally?

Kudos to Coscharis for this. I hope and pray we see more of such developments in the days, months and years ahead.

God bless Nigeria.

Sorry, but that is a truly DUMB policy... undecided

The biggest problem that our producers have is infrastructural (including logistics). That’s why most of our products are way more expensive, because the cost of agricultural production and distribution in Nigeria is prohibitively high (which is why goods produced and shipped from halfway across the world still ends up being SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than locally-produced Nigerian goods). The foreign exchange restriction does NOTHING to address that. The result therefore is that at best all that would happen is the Nigerian consumer being taxed with simply paying HIGHER prices (in an already high-inflation environment, with increasingly weakening purchasing power).

Furthermore, it also does absolutely NOTHING to address one of the biggest scourges of domestic producers - smuggling! For example, smuggling (related to the aforementioned absurdly high cost of production brought about by infrastructural deficits including a lack of suitable storage facilities and economically-viable logistics) is the singular reason that Nigeria is BOTH Africa’s biggest producer of raw tomatoes and simultaneously Africa’s leading importer of tomato paste. Finally, if agricultural imports that Nigeria will not possibly be self-sufficient in the near future are affected (eg, wheat), then it would have even knock-on effect on prices (the common man’s Agege bread, in this case).

Without addressing basic fundamental issues, all Buhari has done is to preserve more foreign exchange to subsidize his pals and their families for their medical tourism, overseas trips’ estacode and allowances, kids’ overseas school fees, Hajj, and other such wasteful expenditures.
>

2 Likes

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by moonbender(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Simplyleo:
There are igbos and there are igbos.

What you see here is the brainchild and handwork of the real igbos whose aim and purpose in life is to be great mostly by providing essential needs of mankind within their environment.

For instance, the white inner singlet I use is those ones sold N500 max, I don't patronize the so-called superior that go for as high as 2k. I buy at least a dozen of this my brand at a time with 5k and I'm satisfied. This is how I benefit from the igbos and they in turn make their cash, no issues.

But the miscreants you see on the streets and social media calling themselves igbos are nothing but criminals in search of opportunity to swindle their fellows and that explain why they keep druming for war anywhere they go because they easily "make" some cool bucks during any chaos. The looting of shoprite in the wake of xenophobic attack in SA is a case in point.

God bless the real igbos.

Finally, igbo amaka. cheesy

Only those who are caught selling drugs and doing online scam are known to us.

Some are lucky, some aren't! Those who are lucky will establish factories and businesses and everything is fine.

Invictus was a business mogul everyone hailed until he was caught.

Na who pass know book.

Money no be sand.

If na by how person hustle, our grandpas suppose fit afford to buy 20 aircrafts at once.

2 Likes

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by Iheuwaneme(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
slam7000:

Kudos to Coscharis but I support the above.

I have a question for the economists in the house...Why does the rice farmed, bagged, shipped and imported from Thailand or Vietnam cost far less than same produced in Nigeria?
It doesn’t make sense paying more for the same quantity all because I have to support local produce.

I think one of the reasons the imported rice are cheaper is because of the high involvement of Technology and automated farming they practice abroad coupled with constant electricity to run the mill. So they produce more with less human efforts and less cost. Nigeria on the other hand depends heavily on manual labor in farming so we produce little with much human efforts. Also we spend on buying fuel to power the rice milling plants. So it's not the farmers fault in Nigeria that the cost of local rice is higher than their foreign counterparts, because the cost of production here is much more higher than abroad. The only way to solve this is for the government to ensure constant electricity and you'll see that farmers will begin to key into automated farming. This will reduce the cost of production.

2 Likes

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by nextstep(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
FarahAideed:

Local rice is far more expensive than foriegn rice , I just paid 20k for 12 packs of abakiliki red rice now now and is pack is very small .so local rice sef is above the pay grade of the poor ..I am great supporter of the theory of comparative advantage and laizez faire in production and I am against shallow protectionism of local industries , allow businesses to compete freely with imported goods and let the best man win , this is believe is the only way you will allow local industries grow in quality and capacity

Please can you also advise the American government to stop subsidizing its farmers for crops like corn, soybeans, wheat, cotton, and rice? Oh, and also for electric vehicles and solar panels. When all Western countries stop all their subsides (sometimes called tax-breaks, incentives, rebates), then we can have a discussion about laissez faire.

Local rice is more expensive because the cost of production is much higher... tractors are imported, as are fertilizer, the majority of tools; even the petrol for tractor and transportation is imported. What about the milling machines, the bags, and (optionally) the vitamin A and iron fortification? And then you need generator to run your mill. With so many different imported inputs (each with its own import duty or shipping cost), you cannot expect local rice to be the same price as imported rice (where the import duty or shipping cost is paid once, if not entirely avoided by smuggling).

What serious countries have always done is to protect their nascent industries with taxes, tariffs (see the recent China USA tit for tat), or outright bans. They support their local industries with policies, cheap loans, subsidies, and propaganda. When those industries are mature, they open the sector to the world. USA, UK, Japan, China, South Korea: all did it in their time, and anybody suggesting African countries should not do the same thing is being disingenuous.

If I could just own this one factory/mill I will feel accomplished. Wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by lastempero: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
ZZ22:
This your rubbish should be limited to Buhari threads. Occupy space and talk nonsense as much as you can on Buhari thread but avoid threads like this because you hardly make sense. I don't know what triggers you at the sight or mention of Igbos.

My brother the hatred for igbos is taking another dimension seriously, some people are dying silently just because of igbos.

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
One of them spotted. cheesy
even if you are igbo,you know nothing about the igbo nation.

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by erai30(m): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
Well done sir!

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by micflo28(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
Nigeria's taste and love for foreign rice may not allow this product to see the light of the day. Home made products are always the best, standards are checked and raw materials are sourced locally as they are abundant not some western shitty countries filled with non-bio degradable wastes selling to us plastic rice to kill us all and dispose their wastes in our stomachs.

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

What you see here is the brainchild and handwork of the real igbos whose aim and purpose in life is to be great mostly by providing essential needs of mankind within their environment.

For instance, the white inner singlet I use is those ones sold N500 max, I don't patronize the so-called superior that go for as high as 2k. I buy at least a dozen of this my brand at a time with 5k and I'm satisfied. This is how I benefit from the Igbos and they, in turn, make their cash, no issues.

But the miscreants you see on the streets and social media calling themselves Igbos are nothing but criminals in search of an opportunity to swindle their fellows and that explains why they keep drumming for war anywhere they go because they easily "make" some cool bucks during any chaos. The looting of Shoprite in the wake of a xenophobic attack in SA is a case in point.

God bless the real Igbos.

Will you stop being unnecessarily boastful. Must everything be riddled with ethic sentiments??
For your info, there are a lot of rice mills located in another region. Nothing special about this one
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by mullerman: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Coscharis you have done well

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
FarahAideed:
The Igbos are the only industrious people on Nigeria all other tribes are just freeloaders ..please quote me anywhere

You are just a sick ethic linguist. If it's people like you that make other ethic groups disregard us. You think you are projecting 'the Igbo tribe', you've just succeeded in mocking us.
Learn to humble even in the most little achievements

3 Likes

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
FarahAideed:

Local rice is far more expensive than foriegn rice , I just paid 20k for 12 packs of abakiliki red rice now now and is pack is very small .so local rice sef is above the pay grade of the poor ..I am great supporter of the theory of comparative advantage and laizez faire in production and I am against shallow protectionism of local industries , allow businesses to compete freely with imported goods and let the best man win , this is believe is the only way you will allow local industries grow in quality and capacity

Abeg where did you buy it because you have been totally cheated, I buy local rice 13k here

2 Likes

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by BrutalJab: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
Afamed:
Guy you ought to have outgrown this petty political talks sometimes.
Shut up there.
you and omenka should rather grow up asap

bloody tribalists
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by Anambralstson: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
engrchykae:
even if you are igbo,you know nothing about the igbo nation.
His from Southwest, he's just bitter
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by chelseamann(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
FarahAideed:

i doubt this. Where did u buy it?

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by livebyday(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
omenka:
Now let me add this.

I know some folks who cried blue murder when it was announced the FG would henceforth stop the issuance of forex for the importation of stuffs like rice. They rained insults as is typical of those who have sworn over their dead bodies to see any propriety whatsoever in the actions taken by the government.

Now, I want to ask, in the absence of such fiscal policies, how do we expect businesses such as this to thrive? How do we expect the local market to come of age? How do we wean ourselves off of imported products that can easily be produced locally?

Kudos to Coscharis for this. I hope and pray we see more of such developments in the days, months and years ahead.

God bless Nigeria.

Solid point and smart connection to the obvious

Let the discerning draw the necessary conclusions.

Well done

Cheers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by livebyday(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ikennablue:
the answer is simple. DI printing cost far less than printing with ink printers. Why? Because of the technology. The answer is that those overseas company has d technology that made production very easy.
Truth is we have to start from somewhere. One day we will get that same technology and it will reduce d price even cheaper than those we are importing.

The problem is our government, if they want us to excel in rice production, they should bring experts from Thailand and China and also bring out funds to get the necessary technology and we'll be there in a short while

Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by livebyday(m): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
Trex4:
Nice Post Anambra First Son But How Much Do U Think Is Enough To Start Up Something Like This But A Private Business Facility? Estimate Or Something?

Approach R & D companies like McKenzie they will write a full report on setting it up in any state in Nigeria for you

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by livebyday(m): 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
9jaRealist:

[b[Herdsmen will be creaming themselves if they ever stumble upon this...[/b] grin grin grin
>

grin

You made me laugh heartily

Cheers
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
Anambralstson:

Anaku is located in Ayamelum lga
Thank u.
I've not heard of the name too.

1 Like

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by FarahAideed: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
chelseamann:
i doubt this. Where did u buy it?

I bought it online .. it was delivered earlier today

Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by Obec70(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
Good move, just hope the price will be affordable to the masses in order to put food on the table & make families smile again!
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by theomerio: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2019
omenka:
Now let me add this.

God bless Nigeria.
The easiest way to stop importation of any product is to encourage local production not by banning. If the rice importer sees that he doesn't make much sales from his imports because local rice is as qualitative and cost effective as foreign ones, he will definitely stop importation. Are you aware that the price of rice increased again recently? You don't use customs to confiscate people's billions in the name of banning importation of a staple food like rice when our own local rice is hardly enough for the country's consumption., Just like you don't ban medical trips, or education abroad, when your own hospitals are ill equipped, or your schools are not up to global standards. You simply upgrade your infrastructure, and people will stop going abroad to seek alternatives. No matter how you view it, Buhari is clueless about the economy, and that is why we are in this mess. Ok recently, Vat was increased from 5% to 7.2%. When the prices of goods rice tomorrow, or when investors are scared away, they will start blaming past regime. SMH
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
Simplyleo:

For instance, the white inner singlet I use is those ones sold N500 max, I don't patronize the so-called superior that go for as high as 2k. I buy at least a dozen of this my brand at a time with 5k and I'm satisfied. This is how I benefit from the igbos and they in turn make their cash, no issues.

But the miscreants you see on the streets and social media calling themselves igbos are nothing but criminals in search of opportunity to swindle their fellows and that explain why they keep druming for war anywhere they go because they easily "make" some cool bucks during any chaos. The looting of shoprite in the wake of xenophobic attack in SA is a case in point.

God bless the real igbos.

hmmmmm angry
Re: The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) by Charly68: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2019
When Buhari will leave,many will thank him for his vision and goodwill to turn our economy to productive economy ,it is yielding dividends already ,we shall get there God,'s willing

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imported Poultry Battery Cages (wholesale Price) / A Nairalander Managing His Little Fish Pond- Self-employed / The Lizard We Killed Trying To Eat Our Eggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.