Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (39047 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
cheesy

even in someone else's burial una still dey talk politics. this Wike is just one political hooligans and party dictator

did I read PDP Governors visited Buhari to congratulate him? when their presidential candidate had appeal already? I don't see PDP surviving beyond 2020 only if Buhari can get sense and improve on his poor economic

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by emydnobl: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Deomovies:
Good call, still politics. Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians and non Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's a best gift for Movies Junkies.

Most longest sit tight President finally goes home.

Rest in Peace Robert Mugabe!!!

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by realstars: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
T
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by banji1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
I salute your courage ... its the right to do, under a "right" circumstance though!

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by wink2015(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Montracine:
Why I congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari by Governor Wike

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has explained that he congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari after the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal confirmed his election because it is better to offer public congratulations than visit the President at night.

Governor Wike said that unlike some Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) who visit President Muhammadu Buhari at night, he made his declaration public because it came from the heart.

He spoke at the Funeral Service in honour of Late Madam Blessing Awuse, Mother of Onha Sergent Chidi Awuse, at the St Luke's Anglican Church, Emohua on Thursday.

He said: " I am sure all of you are surprised that I congratulated Buhari. Is it not good for me to congratulate him, than to go to his house in the night?"

"So many PDP Govenrors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."

"We are the only state that the Federal Government refused to pay us our money used to execute Federal projects because I don't go to see him in the night and I won't go. He is not my friend, he is not doing well, but he won in court, should I say that the court did wrong, no."

"President Buhari, congratulations and carry Nigerians along. Unify the country, the country is too divided. I am saying what is right. What I will do, I will do, what I will not do, I will not do".

Governor Wike said politics is a game of interest, noting that Rivers people in the All Progressives Congress are under obligation to attract Federal benefits to the state.

'Politics is a game of interest. And my only interest is Rivers State . Anything that is against the interest of Rivers State, I will not agree.

"These people sold us out, thinking that they are doing Governor Wike. It is the State that you are offending, because I am just one person ".

Governor Wike expressed displeasure that Rivers State has key links to President Muhammadu Buhari from the State, yet the East West Road, the seaports and other Federal projects have been completely neglected since 2015. He said nothing indicates that Rivers State has prominent APC members working with President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Rivers State Governor maintained that Rivers State is a Christian state. He said that the facts of Rivers being a Christian State will not be changed by negative propaganda and falsehood targeted at his person. He said he never demolished a Mosque as was falsely circulated by some mischief makers.

He said Rivers State is a major oil producing State that deserves major projects from the Federal Government.

"We produce oil . They should not punish Rivers State because of me. I am just one individual. We have not benefited anything from the Federal Government. The only thing we have benefited is the abuse they heap on me.

"They turned the NDDC into a cash cow to sponsor elections against us. Nobody protested that anomaly. Now they want us to protest because someone did not nominate the management of NDDC this time.

"Since 2015, NDDC has not had its governing board, but nobody protested. I will not be dragged into such protests ", he said.

On the passage of Late Mrs Blessing Awuse, Mother of Ohna Sergeant Awuse, Governor Wike said she lived a fulfilled life and raised disciplined and trustworthy children. He said that her burial is a celebration of life.

Chief Mourner, Ohna Sergeant Awuse thanked the Rivers State Governor for his love and friendship. He said the Rivers State Governor always intervenes at the most critical time.

Anglican Bishop of Ikwerre Diocese, Rt Rev Blessing Enyindah praised the Rivers State Governor for his commitment to the development of the state.

He urged the Rivers State Governor to continue with his good works. He said that Governor Wike should focus on the people in all his programmes.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

12th September, 2019.

WIKE AND SECONDUS ARE NOT EVEN IN GOOD TERMS WITH ATIKU AS THEY FEEL THAT IF ATIKU SCALE THROUGH THE TRIBUNAL THEY WILL BE KICKED OUT OF THE PARTY AS ATIKU WILL SEE THEM AS GUYS WHO ARE WORKING AGAINST HIS POLITICAL INTEREST.

They had a preferred choice in the person of governor Aminu Tambuwal former speaker of the house of representatives during the Jonathan administration who is now governor of sokoto state.

TO Heave a sigh of relief for the failure of Atiku hence Wike is congratulating Buhari.

WIKE DO NOT LIKE ATIKU AS HE FEEL HIS POLITICAL AMBITION AS A VICE PRESIDENT TO TAMBUWAL IS BEING THREATENED BY THE VICTORY OF ATIKU.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ajagunsegun1:
Anglican my foot

wicked woke my ass

The Church has forgiven you by the grace of the bishop.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by sapientia(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Trash
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Donjuan77: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
he did the right thing by Congratulating his one and only our president, If he doesn't who will.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by bamasite(m): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
No choice
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by alobright17(m): 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
Shame on PDP supporters on Nairaland and other social Media platforms , Hope you people have seen the type of governors you people are dying for ? APC at Night PDP in day time .

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Akindele8: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Your congratulations has nothing to do with good governance
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by SmellingAnus(m): 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
ChristyB:
He hasn't indeed fulfilled 1 emplyment in the state? wow!!
Type what you know shah..

do you live in Rivers State?
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Moventist: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ajagunsegun1:
Anglican my foot

wicked woke my ass
That's insult to about 60% of Rivers people
Governor Wike
Deputy
Speaker
Deputy Speaker
PDP National Chairman
3 Senators from Rivers , are all Anglican . So don't insult Anglican
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Maybe he is gunning for VP slot under APC.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by adekolaelect(m): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
They will insult you ,they won't comment or hail you on this simply bcs whoever says bad things abt the president is their heroes. Be an opposition Politics should not make one to blind by heart and reasoning .You stand on your feet do it how it is and do it how is it is the best action for a man or woman to take.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Jokkarm2: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
why did ebele jonathan not complete it? is it not the road to his area? Wike should hold jonathan responsible for east west road not buhari.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Promisechi79(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Elzakzaky:
You did the right thing
Even Elzakzaky supported Wike

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Xano(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
He said: " I am sure all of you are surprised that I congratulated Buhari. Is it not good for me to congratulate him, than to go to his house in the night?"
"So many PDP Govenrors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."
"We are the only state that the Federal Government refused to pay us our money used to execute Federal projects because I don't go to see him in the night and I won't go. He is not my friend, he is not doing well, but he won in court, should I say that the court did wrong, no."

Interesting statement
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by udemzyudex(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
BloggerAdmin:
Wike has started distracting himself the way past Governors of the State did in their 2nd tenure...

He has not fulfilled 1 employment in the state and he is busy making noise everywhere.

Did you post this just to get likes or you just wanted to display your ignorance online.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by udemzyudex(m): 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Jokkarm2:
why did ebele jonathan not complete it? is it not the road to his area? Wike should hold jonathan responsible for east west road not buhari.

You're dull, you're not bright at all.

Who took over since 2015? Did you even read all what he said in the post?
Rivers state have politicians close to FG/president what have they done to bring any FG benefits to the state?
Did you also read the part he said FG is yet to pay the money they use in executing Federal projects.

Read and understand first.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by DeviIhimseIf: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
omenka:

Na wa o!
i keep saying it
Pdp governors are those that betrayed him especially Northern pdp governors
if not tell him how pdp can snatch some northern states and Atiku failed miserably in those states
don't tell me the northerners love Buhari crap
unfortunately for Atiku his extravagant nature made him not able to keep close circle which made buhari and his team plant many moles within his team and made all his tactic known to them.

Atiku should learn his lessons on this and move on
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by UltimatedeBest(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
I don't mind handing over to Amaechi come 2023

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Turantula(m): 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

"So many PDP Governors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."

Wike is a leader with a stand. Rivers are blessed to have him as Governor.

His message clear and direct. Not those sneaking in and pretending during the day.

In all , You deserve congratulations on your own.

Wailers over to you...
The buffon in Enugu State alias Gburugburu is a typical example. During election period 2019 he secretly urged people to vote Buhari so as to avoid Buhari using Federal might against his reelection
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by wingmanII: 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2019
Wike is just another empty thug and cultist. One of GEJ s mistakes.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by solmusdesigns: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
wingmanII:

Stop insulting Igbos at any given opportunity. What has this got to do with Igbos? You are a Bigot, yet seek protection from the mods. Hypocrisy at its worst

point out the insult in my comment please..
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by wingmanII: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:
cheesy

even in someone else's burial una still dey talk politics. this Wike is just one political hooligans and party dictator

did I read PDP Governors visited Buhari to congratulate him? when their presidential candidate had appeal already? I don't see PDP surviving beyond 2020 only if Buhari can get sense and improve on his poor economic

Must you believe Wike? He knows he goofed big time. Just trying to bluff his way through as a confirmed street thug.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by wingmanII: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
solmusdesigns:

point out the insult in my comment please..

Read your post again. Maybe you were "high" when you typed it.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by solmusdesigns: 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
wingmanII:

Read your post again. Maybe you were "high" when you typed it.

as expected nothing to point out, but i wont stoop low in trading insults.. so good day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Yar'adua Graduates From London University / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Aisha Buhari, Fatima Mamman Daura Fight / Yoruba Nation Can Be Achieved Without Firing A Bullet - Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.