Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo (42150 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Maxymilliano(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike has revealed why he did not meet Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki when he visited the State last week.

Wike, who was in the Edo State capital as part of consultation for his presidential aspiration, neither met with Obaseki nor his deputy, Philip Shaibu.

He also avoided the Edo Secretariat of the party in Benin because the Edo PDP Chairman Dr. Tony Aziegbemi believed to be an Obaseki loyalist.

Wike stated his reasons in an interview with BBC News Pidgin.

He said: “I did not visit Governor Godwin Obaseki because that was not where the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) sent me.

“They sent me to meet the delegates (not the Governor) concerning how our party will win the 2023 presidential election.

“It is not written anywhere that I must go through the Governor before seeing the party delegates.

Governor Godwin Obaseki is not in a relationship with me, he is not my girlfriend, so why should I be quarrelling him?”

Orbih was joined by teeming supporters to receive Wike, who held talks with Edo PDP delegates at the residence of a former Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of PDP, the late Chief Tony Anenih.

Wike and Obaseki have been engaged in a public spat with the Rivers GoVernor describing his Edo counterpart as a serial betrayer and an ungrateful person.

He tendered an unreserved apology to Obaseki’s former godfather and predecessor Comrade Adams Oshiomole for ignoring his warnings on the Edo Governor.

Problem started when Obaseki attacked Wike stating the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is not the personal property of the Rivers Governor.

The Edo Governor said he will not accept political bullies and overlords, reminding Wike how he had dethroned bullies and high handed leaders.

Obaseki emphasised that Edo cannot be bought.

Wike, in return, described obaseki as a serial betrayer and an ungrateful person.

He said: “If you ask anybody or check the DNA of Godwin Obaseki, what you will see in that DNA is serial betrayer and ungratefulness.

“Let me stand today to apologise to Adams Oshiomole, who had been vindicated by telling us that we would see the true colour, the insincerity and the ungratefulness of governor Obaseki.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-did-not-see-obaseki-when-i-visited-edo-by-wike/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Mooh247: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin

Weyrey tutu

Give Wike Presidency and his first assignment would be to jail Obaseki

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Malory: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
This one is not yet the president but he is already seeing himself as a demigod

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by alsudan: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Obaseki doesn’t have to be your GF Wike, it’s called Protocol.

Just hurry up and step down along with your friend Fayose for the Incoming President PGO, your top appointments in his cabinet will be guaranteed.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Rollsnjaguar(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin

Wike is not ready to be President

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by shadeze: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
It's like Obaseki already wants to go back to APC. He was at the APC governor's meeting with Buhari. Wike matter don tire am.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Kriss216: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
. Governor Godwin Obaseki is not in a relationship with me, he is not my girlfriend, so why should I be quarrelling him?”

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Maxymilliano(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Wike should consider a career in Nollywood grin ... He's a good entertainer

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by vibre: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
This Wike sef, always talking like a market woman. I wonder the way he will be talking to those working under him in rivers state

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Malory: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
1870seventy:
yes

Muhammed safiu oyedele aka Mooh247 is a known rapist who raped his nephew and tried to cover up by threatening the mother.
I'm just exposing him.
I know him too well
he's from oyo state and a graduate of Leeds City University and rest.
Hnnnm. This was exactly what I heard about that guy. So it is true after all

10 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by espn(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lol
Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by helinues: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Why should you visit him when you have been busy fighting everyone.

Isn't it obvious that Wike is only positioning himself for the VP position. A presidential candidate would rather make friends with others not the other way round

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by 4ckyou: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
we all know that obaseki is not good, yet Edo people still vote for him just to prevent godfatherism in Edo state, worse is that Adams went to bring someone he called thief for Edo people.

Well Obaseki have 2 years left and I hope he use the remaining year to work for the good people of Edo state

14 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Mooh247: 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
MadamNneka:
dude what's this please.

did I offend you?
do I know you?
please face those facing you not me.
hmmmm

In your mind your I.P can't be released by to the law enforcement agencies for defamation of character by Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun and the site moderators and owners

Continue

So enough you might find out the gravity of slander

13 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Mooh247: 2:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
MadamNneka:
[s][/s]
dear stop following me around.
dey your dey
stop pestering me.
I'm not your mate.
you're not and will never be my type.
get behind me!

cheesy

See a therapist and stop qouting me about looking for attention

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Salvador1: 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Arrogance.
Is this how wike will rule if he eventually become the president?

It seems you never ready for president, cos your approach is not encouraging
Wike should know that Nigeria is not rivers state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by slawormiir: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Patrickyemi: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Story
Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by EjaikreTheViper(f): 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
FVCK Obaseki!!!

FVCK Wike!!!

On the mandate of Peter Obi we stand!!!

Peter Obi we know, Peter Obi we support!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo by Mayng01(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Trash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What APC Must Do To Defeat PDP In 2019 Presidential Election - Hon. Amaechi / 2023- Strategy Igbos Are Using In Campaigning For Tinubu In The Grassroot. / Confusion As Photo Of President Tinubu Appears In PDP Program Of Event In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.