Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! (23997 Views)

Your Number One Most Lucrative Business Is Here!! / Valentine's Day Sinking Fund Anybody! / Ladies Turkey Wears Business Is It Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by NobleRomm(m): 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
oka4ugoo:
The other tenants for this ur new apartment how are they faring?

If they are not doing well then one thing is sure, ur new landlord na jazzman. Therefore find ur way back to ur former apartment.

But if the other tenants in the new apartment are doing well then it means ur Village people don finally open ur chapter. In which case you have to pray Psalms 51, 130, 23 and 35 after which break a coconut on the front door of ur new apartment.

Come back here, come give testimony.

I'm the lion himself, ikuku a na afuanya.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Jasseyfrd(m): 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
fourhayz:
Firstly! Move away from that new place with immediate effect.

Secondly! Be very Prayerful

Thirdly! Try studying the people around you i.e The Backstabbers and People that want you down

You know why,it clearly shows that the new place doesn't favour you.

In Life every step you take always look at what's surfacing around it.

You have to study your Societal life and General Life.

It doesn't happen to Business alone,,,, It happens in other fields too...

So Make a Change Now and i repeat be Prayerful!!!

Sincerely u spoke my mind ooh
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by NobleRomm(m): 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
oka4ugoo:
The other tenants for this ur new apartment how are they faring?

If they are not doing well then one thing is sure, ur new landlord na jazzman. Therefore find ur way back to ur former apartment.

But if the other tenants in the new apartment are doing well then it means ur Village people don finally open ur chapter. In which case you have to pray Psalms 51, 130, 23 and 35 after which break a coconut on the front door of ur new apartment.

Come back here, come give testimony.

I'm the lion himself, ikuku a na afuanya.

sir are u joking with this ur comment abi u are dem serious
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Ganjafama(m): 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
follock007:
some intelligent agency has been tipped off to intercept your trade through blackmail or as politicians call it, assassination of character which is done secretly and carefully within your own server with the punishment and reward tactics... that is if they comply they are paid for it otherwise they are killed... they may even send a warning by killing somebody and ask them to keep it secret to prove loyalty... this way you keep working without result but they will hide under the guise of petting you each time you make complain and laugh you in the back but keep trying because soon the scale will fall off from their eyes when an important personality among your secret servers is disappointed
Escaped Yabaleft patient spotted.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by shamecurls(m): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Let me tell you the truth in as much as its bitter.

Go and seek reasons from the elders and ye shall find.

I do not want to conclude on your predicaments but can see a tail light.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by sayisayi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Message braless girl
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by extremelygolden: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Something is terribly wrong with the new place. Some Lagos Landlords are fetish. Tenants move in with cars and lots of household items, and leave with a nylon bag. God will help us.

Try and anoint the whole of the flat every morning before start of business. Fast and pray. And if the owners of the house start hating or attacking you for no reason, then know that something is truly wrong with the house and your prayers are hitting the mark.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Viking007(m): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
ppreye:
Omo this wan weak me o.. No b everywhere person dey move from o. Infact don't ever leave where you are being blessed. Pls move out from that place ASAP
This comment is very underrated.

2 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by lomaone: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
What kinda stuff do u sew, I can patronize you for starters to ur financial freedom

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by wright4christ(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
See, I have had such experience before, moving to a new, larger and seemingly best location, cheaper etc...but the sales dropped.
You know what, don't renew that rent at all, just move out and seek spiritual guidance before renting new place.
Check your staff very well, some of them need to be fired not for any reason than they are the ladder used to enter into the business...this is not an ordinary exercise to be carried out, it is spiritual as well.
Lastly just as I did meet with your mentor if you have one or hire a business consultant and review your plan again....go for the comeback and you will be glad you did.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by akpunda86: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
[quote author=Towerty post=82170510]Good day NL fam. I need your help to get my fashion business back.

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

Please help me with suggestions on how to revive this business. Thank you.

P.s: Expenses did not increase at all. We didn't employ
Girl key z persistence. Cheers
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Kenoxman(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Open a subsidiary that attends to passersby while u still run ur online stuff. Do both simultaneously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by dannywest: 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Check your ads.
Those silly social networks implement silly algorithms all the time.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Reference(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Location has nothing to do with prosperity and in an age of technology the world is a far smaller place and in the age of the internet walls are now all but transparent.

The key to your difficulties stem from a recurring statement.... advertising. I continue to believe advertising is the easiest subsidy we offer in place for a quest for excellence. The better a product or service the less advertising is required to create wealth out of it.

You started with referals but I am 100 percent certain that somwhere along the line you could not manage success and quality slipped. This is the reason for 80 percemt of failures associated with Nigerian enterprises. Like fhe laws of physics say: When volume increasess temperature cools. To maintain heat pressure has to be increased with volume.

IT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO MAINTAIN PRESSURE WHEN EXPANSION COMES WITH SUCCESS

The remedy is simple. Retrace steps and start from scratch. Close down all ancillaries and focus on your core business. Focus brings intensity, intensity is a platform for excellence. Excellence over a long period of time will guarantee success.

BTW: Excellence simply means delivering a product or service that simply cannot be matched, cannot be rivaled. It is not a destination but a journey of discovery. It is a spirit.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by wakaman: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:
Good day NL fam. I need your help to get my fashion business back.

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

P.s: Expenses did not increase at all. We didn't employ new staff.

Mods, pls push this to front page to get the much needed responses. Thanks

Has anything changed in the business? Is there a new trend? Is there a new player on and in the your and the turf? What's your feedback from previous clients? What's your new location like? History? ambience and superstition? If you are inclined.
Be objective about it?

Finally, desist from sexual activities on and around your business!
Don't screw there.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by obstead200(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2019
fourhayz:
Firstly! Move away from that new place with immediate effect.

Secondly! Be very Prayerful

Thirdly! Try studying the people around you i.e The Backstabbers and People that want you down

You know why,it clearly shows that the new place doesn't favour you.

In Life every step you take always look at what's surfacing around it.

You have to study your Societal life and General Life.

It doesn't happen to Business alone,,,, It happens in other fields too...

So Make a Change Now and i repeat be Prayerful!!!
I agree with the move away part. All other points don't seem to count.
@ OP, I think the problem is poor customer research. U assumed that Ur customers will follow you to the new place. Did u think of location accessibility?
Take myself as a customer for example. 90% of my decision on who to patronise or not patronise is based on ease of access to the shop location. I wud gladly pay extra if only to ensure I don't have to leave my normal route to buy something.
If location is not as accessible as the former one, then u need to give Ur customers extra reasons to take the trouble and come to you. Do discounts, do after sales service, do some person to person relationship networking and maintain extra personal relationship with Ur clients.
Then hope for the best. God bless Ur hustle

2 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by porka: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
franchasng:
Another reality many Nigerians are yet to realize including those celebrating the victory of failure called Buhari and APC!

Many Nigerians have relocated since 2015, the number may run into millions of Nigerians that ran away from Nigeria due to Buhari induced hardship from bad leadership and stupid economy policies.

Only few Nigerians have enough money to spend on things. The rest spend on basic needs like food, drug, housing and transport while managing and neglecting the rest of their needs like clothing, etc which has led to low patronage for businesses in Nigeria.

So many Nigerians are jobless, no hope, can't even afford to eat well talk more of patronizing business owners. Those working are earning peanut that cannot even take care of their basic needs.

If things continue this way for Nigeria, it won't be funny in the next 10 years cos there will be escalated increase in all manner of crime all over Nigeria. Insecurity will worsen cry

The saddest part is that the youths cannot see any link between their deteriorating living conditions and the overall economic outlook. That is why you hear something like "no matter how bad the economy is doing, I will make it".

They are blaming 'badluck' for their misery and seeking solutions that don't make any sense; like useless rituals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by obstead200(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
wakaman:

Has anything changed in the business? Is there a new trend? Is there a new player on and in the your and the turf? What's your feedback from previous clients? What's your new location like? History? ambience and superstition? If you are inclined.
Be objective about it?

Finally, desist from sexual activities on and around your business
Don't screw there.
Everything except the bolded makes sense. The bolded is just superstition. Not saying it is right to screw around though.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by ipobarethieves: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
sad
Towerty:

sad
Towerty:

If nobody occupy ur former shop,pls jeave that 2 bedroom flat and go back there .Hope the landlord/ the person dat vacate the 2 bedroom flat neva buried so so unda sha.Seek God face in prayer.All will be well
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by sharone21(f): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Do you also teach via Whatsapp and moderately? Look into this and tell people your Whatsapp contact.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bizibi(m): 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
MrMcJay:

Go and look around. In this same Buhari era, people are getting married, people are getting jobs, people are opening businesses, people are buying new cars, people are building houses, people are getting contracts, businesses are opening new branches.

Buhari or no Buhari, if e go better for you, e go better for you. If na otherwise you dey wish yourself, na you sabi.
i have a contract and I was just lucky they didn't tell me to source for millions for the job, I have biz deals but let us be honest, it is not easy now,even if you know them in aso villa..... Some of us had to adapt fast and when you travel out of this country, then you will understand.when I see people who were doing deals worth billions of naira struggling to get a good deal done now then you will know things are not okay and it is not funny anymore.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by sharone21(f): 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
Do you also teach via Whatsapp and moderately (especially cutting and sewing)? Look into this and tell people your Whatsapp contact.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by REB3L(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

Bro, I'm quoting you directly and I hope you see this. Only people here can speculate but they don't know the inner workings of your company. It's the 21st century. Download books to read on marketing, books written by people abroad. I recommend sell or be sold.
Read them, YouTube videos also. You would find a solution. There's a lot of knowledge out thereCheers.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Carlyboi(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
friendlyadvice:

angry maybe you should stop delaying peoples clothes and stop sewing what they did not send you to sew, ugh naija tailors
Nawa for you o bros cheesy
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Kaybex007(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
My question is what happened to your old customers, were you managing them well, did you update them when you were leaving. I believe that even if it's hard to get new customers, the old ones should still be there. Do you also collect contracts from big organizations, if so what happened to them. You need to work on your public/customer relationship. You don't just sew cloth for person once and leave him to go like that, at least keep in contact with them. Another thing is if you dissapoint your customers, they will definitely not come back, I have a fashion designer who is close to me, he dissapoints every customer I see with him, there was a day he was bragging of having some undone jobs that will fetch his 1.5Million Naira, but not yet done cuz of his unseriousness. Not everything is spiritual, sometimes we are the cause of our problems. And sometimes when your customers come to you and complain about the price you charge him/her, it's an indirect way of telling you that you now have a competitor, which means you should have done something. Just sit down, check where the loop hole are. The first thing you should do is calling your old customers and ask them why you've not been seeing them and also if you have those one that gives you job that fetches you huge sum of money, please go and visit them and sort things out if it's still possible. Another thing which I noticed is that some people plan and move to a bigger place without considering if they've had an increase in their profits, customers which will enable them to have enough to settle their bills. If your old customers are still patronizing you, and no new customers, then you made a mistake by renting a bigger place cuz your profit did not increase and you decided to put an increase in your company expenditure. Don't forget when you move to a bigger place every part of your expenses increases.

4 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by frozen70(f): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

Sorry for the situation of your business

Since you noticed that it started falling since you moved to a new apartment

Pls bear in mind thsy dome buildings have been used or manipulated to make a residence to live in their and their income will be disappearing or going out to renew the oat of that building

You may not know until you leave there with pollybag.

Pls make research
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by wakaman: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
obstead200:

Everything except the bolded makes sense. The bolded is just superstition. Not saying it is right to screw around though.

Bro, the energy involved is no superstition. Don't have pleasure and business in the same ambience, you are bound to be less focused. Think of the ambience of a classroom then a bed room and the tone of energy to be experienced in either places.

So to so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by CoolVoice(m): 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
Well it's sad.. businesses do have ups and down.. but your ability to persist against all odds is what makes you a success in any field. you will need to trace a lot of things back.. Mostly decisions you took after getting the new place.. Is the content of your ads selling the brand? I'm a consultant.. I can give you advise for free for the sake of NL. If you're interested.. reply to this comment

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
OP you need some spiritual bathing
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Time for self reappraisal,
Re-strategising. Find out where you missed it.

Downsize until business picks up again.

Send most of your staff on compulsory indefinite leave.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by baconline(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Divert a little, try making jeans ,see what it takes to reproduce the normal denem jeans imported, do it locally and the sky will be your limit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by sonnie10: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
You probably have started giving your apprentices a lot of people’s clothes to sew. In any craft, Oga na master.
Your apprentice would never do it like you. Your unique handiwork was what people appreciated. You have to put in more work by yourself.

Secondly most people would see an apartment as a living space not a business place. A front store is likely to present an office like environment where people want to go in an do business.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Attend Events Without Makeup? / Rita Dominic's Outfit To The Lagos Fashion Week / Panic As Lady Cries Out She's Going Blind After Installing Contact Lens. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.