Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,093 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! (23973 Views)

Your Number One Most Lucrative Business Is Here!! / Valentine's Day Sinking Fund Anybody! / Ladies Turkey Wears Business Is It Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Timmykriz(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Ohislee(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
That house might be filled with enemies of progress.

Sorry, I am thinking this way.

2 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by kennyz247(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
travel to south Africa sharpaly my broda
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by anayolity: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Guy your new landlord nah W lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed h

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Chidonc(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
move out of that newly rented apartment, if possible talk to previous tenants about their experiences and why they left, once you rent some apartments and shops things become standstill for you except you leave there. don't wait for your rent to expire just run.

3 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by steefi07: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Revert back to status quo.
Back to the former shop if possible.
Some houses or shop bring bad luck.
And if you want to continue with the new place call for prayers to brake every york.

2 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Duggedised12(f): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Don't renew your rent,go somewhere else and rent. Some houses bring misfortune and since your ordeal started when you moved to the new place i suggest you reconsider renewing your rent .

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by dopedealer(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Go back to the former shop !
You're blessed !!

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by faithfull18(f): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
kennyz247:
travel to south Africa sharpaly my broda
Wicked somebody.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by tellwisdom: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
You left a church for a shrine. Buy me beer, i will help u sad..
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by YorubaKing: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
angry
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by omoteacher(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Some houses are possessed (bad luck) in Naija. I'm talking from experience. I'm not a fan of prayer sha but take the matter to your Maker ' The Almighty Creator'. Some houses are really bad to live in.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by segun18(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bring a Neutral person to Evaluate your business from outside and inside.Something must be wrong somewhere that needs a little bit of twerking here and there.

Every Evil hand upon your Business be loose in the Name of Jesus.

Increase your faith and stay positive.God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by bonnyhope: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
Something must have gone wrong somewhere
Either customers are not getting values of their money or the qualities of services rendered has depreciated.
Or it could be that you have had a competitor close to your business area

3 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Masterrhymes: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
Move out from there, focus on just seeing,
your clients that have bought from you, revive the relationship, nobody sews once unless your service is bad
Towerty:
Good day NL fam. I need your help to get my fashion business back.

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

Please help me with suggestions on how to revive this business. Thank you.

P.s: Expenses did not increase at all. We didn't employ new staff.

Mods, pls push this to front page to get the much needed responses. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Ewedegubbler: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
Check wether your landlady hang broom for the house. if she did then you know where your problem dey come from...
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by ceejay80s(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hotzone:
Sale pure water
Olodo sale pure water or sell pure water, u want to ridicule somebody and u disgraced ur self, tufiakwa

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Tenses: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please have no fear. It is normal with expansion when you don't do it right.

You should have consulted with your customers concerning the change of address and environment. Remember "PLACE" is very important, as important as the PRODUCT in the 7 P,s of the mix marketing Strategy.

Your expansion was too early.

My advice is to start all over.

6 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by quomo: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
Can you go back to the building you started from?
If you can, please leave the new place.
If truly you have not taken any wrong steps, then don't rule out negative vibes. This is just my hunch. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by greatermeme: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

Pray, change your environment and spend more on ads!

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by seunmohmoh(f): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
Tailoring work is an off and on business. Be patient.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bizibi(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
The real next level will start next year, I pity Small businesses......my brother, purchasing power of Nigerians is low so you just have to adapt or mix your biz with other hustles,nigerians are not smiling and don't mind those who praise the government, they are going through it too.we all just have to keep moving forward,it is not easy but in life there is always hope.

4 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by dman4mdmoon(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
Believe it or not, bad luck resides in some buildings/houses! I know most people don't believe this but it happens

3 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by totosucker(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
Pray to the God of business success to reveal to you why your business is failing. I don't know your religious inclination but I think it has to do with something spiritual. If you think it is not spiritual, find out what u were doing before that you are no longer doing now. Sit down and ask yourself some questions. is your new location good for your type of business? Call your customers and let them give you feedback on why they are no longer turning up. Whatever happens, don't give up. Also think of something you can add to your business to draw attention apart from advert.

3 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by greatermeme: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
neoclassical:
Nothing kills business like wrong location and bad management. Once you miss any of the two, forget it. Your case is nothing but wrong location and maybe low quality products. Above all, if you try all you can but nothing seems to be happening, kill the business by selling it off and go into another line of business.
This is not a business location issue! It was said that the biz operates online!

2 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Rubbiish(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
Jgoldie:
I wished I had super power...I would have helped....my paltry sum of 10k cant even do anything...
10k is big money
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by EtovalRealEst: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Location matters,maybe your new location is the problem you should have just open a new branch rather than try to move completely.Apart from that the last two years business has been dull generally. You might need to look beyond your original scope and try to find new set of partnership. May be you can start sewing trendy school uniforms or even set up fashion summer school for kids.Nigeria is going through reform,everyone is jetting out but some of us have to stay right.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by JobsandSchools: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
You are lifted

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by einsteine(m): 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2019
How come you don't get recurring customers?

Most tailors make money from repeat business. You can't be looking for new customers all the time na.

5 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by etoworld2(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Don't you think, something is wrong with the new apartment.
Can you re-concecrate the place(spiritually),
Or rather relocate.
Then, Follow other suggested steps.
Running promos is very reasonable.
Maximize, connections like neighbours, Religious members, and families to pick up.
Do free deliveries too.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Apination(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

Don't just move business anyhow most especially to just any available building. Did you ask questions about previous occupants before moving into the place? I know compounds in my vicinity where nobody moves into, and there's no one staying there, those who stayed there at certain points in time had to flee because nothing worked for anyone the moment they stepped foot in there. I'm not trying to put fear in you but there's one difference from your success story to your present predicament, you better run as far as your legs can carry you undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by paparazzi1987(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
You need to pay 10% tithe plus deliverance fees for your new location. Otherwise, go back to the previous shop grin

You should also stop making yourself look big to your customers, it will intimate them and make them look for shops that looks less intimidating and affordable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? / Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry / Panic As Lady Cries Out She's Going Blind After Installing Contact Lens. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.