Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! (23994 Views)

Your Number One Most Lucrative Business Is Here!! / Valentine's Day Sinking Fund Anybody! / Ladies Turkey Wears Business Is It Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by carbon1224(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
Move out of it
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bizibi(m): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
franchasng:
Another reality many Nigerians are yet to realize including those celebrating the victory of failure called Buhari and APC!

Many Nigerians have relocated since 2015, the number may run into millions of Nigerians that ran away from Nigeria due to Buhari induced hardship from bad leadership and stupid economy policies.

Only few Nigerians have enough money to spend on things. The rest spend on basic needs like food, drug, housing and transport while managing and neglecting the rest of their needs like clothing, etc which has led to low patronage for businesses in Nigeria.

So many Nigerians are jobless, no hope, can't even afford to eat well talk more of patronizing business owners. Those working are earning peanut that cannot even take care of their basic needs.

If things continue this way for Nigeria, it won't be funny in the next 10 years cos there will be escalated increase in all manner of crime all over Nigeria. Insecurity will worsen cry
just look at the purchasing power of Nigerians then and now,you will realise it has dropped!!!
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Danwilliams4u43: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
The comments i read here makes me sick, this is the reason why Nigeria and her citizens is backward. from page one to this very moment I am typing this, they was no meaningful solution to this minor issue.

Your landlord is not the problem!
Your new location is either not the problem

Now listing Mr. Man,

Your website might have been affected by Google update or Google penalized your website, because of this your ranking and traffic(customers)dropped, which made you to loose customers.

I would have loved to help but I am occupied, I will advice you post this thread(topic) on webmasters section, this is where you will find solution and SEO expert that will charge you money to recover your lost traffic and even help you to rank higher on Google search engine, which will result to you making more money.

Remember

Recovery your lost traffic is not something you can achieve overnight, it takes months(6-8 months), that is if you hire the right SEO consultant.

I would like to help you out but I am occupied, Thanks.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by BigIyanga: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
Danwilliams4u43:
The comments i read here makes me sick, this is the reason why Nigeria and her citizens is backward. from page one to this very moment I am typing this, they was no meaningful solution to this minor issue.

Your landlord is not the problem!
Your new location is either not the problem

Now listing Mr. Man,

Your website might have been affected by Google update or Google penalized your website, because of this your ranking and traffic(customers)dropped, which made you to loose customers.

I would have loved to help but I am occupied, I will advice you post this thread(topic) on webmasters section, this is where you will find solution and SEO expert that will charge you money to recover your lost traffic and even help you to rank higher on Google search engine, which will result to you making more money.

Remember

Recovery your lost traffic is not something you can achieve overnight, it takes months(6-8 months), that is if you hire the right SEO consultant.

I would like to help you out but I am occupied, Thanks.
sleazy marketer promising more than they can delivre

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Lordbucci2: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
Pls don't renew ur rent!! That is d solution to ur problem.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Ferdinandu(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:
Good day NL fam. I need your help to get my fashion business back.

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

Please help me with suggestions on how to revive this business. Thank you.

P.s: Expenses did not increase at all. We didn't employ new staff.

Mods, pls push this to front page to get the much needed responses. Thanks
From what you have said now. Your problem is not the new location,because walk in customers were rare.
Take these into consideration 1st
You may be doing enough but the tough economic condition of this country in the last 4yrs has really effected every aspect of business, obviously the effects on your seems to correspond with the time you were changing locations, people think of fashion when there is left over money after spending on basics.
Another thing is that you must find a way to beat the recession by finding a way to change your business model. Think of how you are going to tailor your business to meet the requirements of people that are cash strapped., you really need to go into town on your own and research on what people are buying and not buying. You can only survive in business if you learn to adapt to changes.

Don't listen to anyone telling you that there is a spiritual forces involved

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Kamsichime(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
When u expand in life it comes with challenges, but don't give up go look for bible believing church sow that which you want to see in that business into the church and watch God help you sort dis whole thing.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Healthwise2(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
Be prayerful bro, call my number on 0 8 0 3 3 4 3 6 9 3 9

You really need spiritual guidance as well.

Nobody is collecting a dime from you.

You may visit my blog too www.ustazsheriffdeen..com
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Engineer036: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

Things are very tight now ,it is not only fashion even food vendors are complaining.Just be prayerful,all will work out well soonest.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Find out who used d apartment before you......those yahoo boiz plus can go to any length
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by taiwiki(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
What about your old customers? What was their feedbacks?

Maybe they weren't satisfied with your service..

2 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
Check the history of your landlord grin

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
Luciferlove:
Check the history of your landlord grin

Wise advise.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by temi4fash(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
fourhayz:
Firstly! Move away from that new place with immediate effect.

Secondly! Be very Prayerful

Thirdly! Try studying the people around you i.e The Backstabbers and People that want you down

You know why,it clearly shows that the new place doesn't favour you.

In Life every step you take always look at what's surfacing around it.

You have to study your Societal life and General Life.

It doesn't happen to Business alone,,,, It happens in other fields too...

So Make a Change Now and i repeat be Prayerful!!!

This is the best advice you can get..

Always pray before you sight business location
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by SolarHub(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
God of restoration will show up and resuscitate that business in Jesus name
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by drightguy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

Move out of that house!
The owner nor pure.
Don't quote me
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by gabicon: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

All standard organization in the world depend on return customers for cash flow, I hope you have a database of all your customers that patronised you, and I hope you've been keeping in touch with them, sending them festive messages.

I will suggest you start contacting your old customers and try and make them return customers, create a new campaign and send to all your old customers, sell your newest innovation to them. They have used your services and if they were satisfied they should come back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by leksonltd: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2019
There are a few things you must do ASAP.
1. you need relocate ur business(some places don't work in one's favour "if u know, you know"wink to a place u can enjoy pedestrian traffic and continue your online marketing.
2. Pray and fast.
3. Be patient for his blessings.

Towerty:

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Acidosis(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please summon your SEO expert/digital marketer. Your online ads in recent times have failed to reach/convince the target audience. This is the only solution to your problems. The so called "jazz" in your shop cannot influence Facebook, YouTube or Insta ads. If the so called jazz is real, best it can do is disrupt walk-in customers and their retention rates. Jazz nor dey affect Facebook ads. Your expense on ads should at least attract incoming calls and inquiries. If you're not getting that, simply summon your marketer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bbbwings: 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
Just look at the stupidity on display on this thread.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bbbwings: 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ennyhorlar:
Hmmm.

People are already seeing you as "BIG" and they believe you're "EXPENSIVE"

Who would want to walk into a 2 bedroom fashion school to make enquiries?

1)Slow down on the online Ads, it is not working for now.
2) Talk to your clients on the difference between your previous location and the new and what's the view.
3)Try and secure another accessible store ASAP and like a small shop people can go in and come out and tag it "Mobile branch"

But I make new clothes weekly and those roadside accession tailors are my to go. When I see big glamorous Fashion house like this.. NA JAPA o. To me "NA FOR BIG MHEN"

But if you have extra funds, feel free to invest with us , we offer 20℅ ROI monthly
You made sense a lot with this post.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bbbwings: 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
I am not too keen on spirituality, so I will leave out the spiritual aspect for others.

I have seen way too many books to know that lots of fancy businesses are on life-support.

-First thing is location. You can't continue to rely on 95% online customers and referrals. Online is good, but your immediate environment should also be a target market.

-You are staying in a two-bedroom. Are you visible enough? The difference in rent might be small, but how is the difference in how easy it is for the woman next door to approach your business? See, forget IG packaging o, some of them are struggling to stay afloat. Except you have a circle that will keep patronising you, never rule out the low-income earners in your business.

-Also, my hairdresser once told me it is really not easy to survive in business doing just one thing. In your case, sewing clothes alone. Add other things. Dangote has cement, he has sugar, spaghetti, flour, noodles...etc. You think he doesn't know what he is doing?

Every day Dangote opens shop, he must collect at least N1 from almost every Nigerian. Be you rich, middle-classed or poor!

-Your workers too. Are you sure they are not cornering your customers? It happens all the time in business that involves handiwork. They will slash the price and be doing mad turnover. While your business suffers.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by oka4ugoo: 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
NobleRomm:

sir are u joking with this ur comment abi u are dem serious

Ask any doctor whether medical, herbalist or native doctor the effect of coconut on drugs or charms.

Las las na only God can make all things possible thus I included the praying of Psalms.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Bbbwings: 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:
Thank you so much for all responses. I am so grateful for the suggestion.
Try and respond to comments on here from users who have their heads screwed right.
That way we can learn also.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by onulakak(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
Towerty:

Bro sincerely sorry for your pains now, i will advice you do a swot analysis on your current problem, check out for your competitors, it possible your customers have been snatched by your competitors with quality service, reduced time and low pricing.

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by ghettochild(m): 11:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
The gods demands sacrifice to prevent village people syndrome
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by bitingcool: 12:10am On Sep 13, 2019
greatermeme:
This is not a business location issue! It was said that the biz operates online!

Evil arrow no know wetin be online or offline. They dry progress from the source shocked! Op, does the building have designed block with holes in the top middle? Is there a well in the compound? Are the tenants showing sign of prosperity or management of body and soul.. if not, praise Jah your rent is almost due and Japa.. also seek feedback from past customers... have you been nasty to past clients....tell yourself the truth. Why don't you Operate with passerbys? You dey prouding?? Don't ever have a linear source of clients. It's dangerous. Above all, pray to the living God. You will bounce back
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by SOPWriter: 12:21am On Sep 13, 2019
neoclassical:
Nothing kills business like wrong location and bad management. Once you miss any of the two, forget it. Your case is nothing but wrong location and maybe low quality products. Above all, if you try all you can but nothing seems to be happening, kill the business by selling it off and go into another line of business.
100%
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by drmikeadams(m): 1:24am On Sep 13, 2019
ayodaisi:
Go to God in prayer
grin grin grin

Whenever nigerians tell u this grin Just know they dont have d solution to ur problèmes grin they Will simply pass it on to God grin
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by BigIyanga: 1:51am On Sep 13, 2019
wright4christ:
See, I have had such experience before, moving to a new, larger and seemingly best location, cheaper etc...but the sales dropped.
You know what, don't renew that rent at all, just move out and seek spiritual guidance before renting new place.
Check your staff very well, some of them need to be fired not for any reason than they are the ladder used to enter into the business...this is not an ordinary exercise to be carried out, it is spiritual as well.
Lastly just as I did meet with your mentor if you have one or hire a business consultant and review your plan again....go for the comeback and you will be glad you did.
WTF .. everything is not about religion in this world. Africa is doomed with this type of mentality
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by bravesoul247(m): 2:41am On Sep 13, 2019
Towerty:

what have you been doing before that worked for you to gain clients?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Attend Events Without Makeup? / Rita Dominic's Outfit To The Lagos Fashion Week / Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.