Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? (36533 Views)

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? / Which Is More Harmful Alcohol Vs Soft Drink / More Harmful Than Codeine And Trams Yet Government Haven't Said Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by wwwtortoise(m): 8:13am On Sep 14, 2019
grin

Both are dangerous to health.

Embrace marijuana.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by arizonababa: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2019
Alcohol is better than soft drinks simple
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Skyfornia(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
drunkard spotted
This life I can't kill masef...

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Duggedised12(f): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2019
SamOyovwi:
Too much of water is not bad my guy. 60% of the body is made of water. I drink water like say tomorrow nor dey
read up water intoxication. Too much of everything including water is bad.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2019
Make I kuku drink water jeje, since it is not mentioned here
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by SirGod: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2019
It is good and save to go for Table water in an occassion than the dou.
ProsperChild:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/life/the-healthier-choice-between-alcohol-vs-soft-drinks/
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Amudeneogu: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2019
Both of them are very dangerous because the quantity of sugar in both can cause a lots of problems. it is very unfortunate that the producers of both do not care about healths and lives of the consumers rather, they are only interested in their profits.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Softenergy(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2019
In an environment where its source of water is suspect, I will prefer to drink beer.
But a bottle of sugar laced drink taken every day amount to sugar addict, so all also a beer every day amount to alcohol addict.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by martineverest(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2019
both of them..replace them with tea,juice(home made), decaffeinated coffee and infused water(detox)
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by martineverest(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2019
Softenergy:
In an environment where its source of water is suspect, I will prefer to drink beer.
But a bottle of sugar laced drink taken every day amount to sugar addict, so all also a beer every day amount to alcohol addict.
very stupid excuse..how much is pure water and how much does it take to boil water?
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Softenergy(m): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Make I kuku drink water jeje, since it is not mentioned here
Too much of water can lower your body salt level. Beside non medical use of some substance, all food should be taken in moderation from sugar, beer, soft fizzy drinks, offal, red meat, butter, margarine ,Eba,fufu,ewedu. name it.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Softenergy(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2019
martineverest:
very stupid excuse..how much is pure water and how much does it take to boil water?
As a solar energy technologist, there are some remote areas where boiling water is a luxury, that what I mean.
Are you aware that not all packaged water both in polythene packs and plastic bottle can be authenticated for their purity.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Fallenhunter: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2019
Wheezy123:

A lil correction.. sugar or sugar contents CANNOT make one "diabetic" rather diabetes is not gotten from what we eat or drink. There are two types, Type 1 and type 2 diabetes.. Type 1 is hereditary, Type 2 is when the body (pancreas) is unable to produce enough insulin for the body, so artificial insulin is required.. Now those with Diabetes generally stay away from foods containing sugar and foods high in carbohydrate. Because Insulin regulates the glucose level in the body, so consumption of too much sugar items is bad because it will lead to "Hyperglycemia" due to the inability of the body to regulate the sugar level. This therefore can led to renal/kidney failure, cardiovascular disease and damage to the nerves ... Sugar does not cause diabetes on it's Own. Let's be guided please.. #peace

Not entirely correct. Type 1 diabetes is genetic but type 2 can be caused by several things including consumption of too much sugar, too much carbs, obesity and stress.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Fantazy(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2019
MAGNETIC:

Too much of water is bad
No, its not! U can take ur bath with it
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by hekkyboi: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2019
Wheezy123:

A lil correction.. sugar or sugar contents CANNOT make one "diabetic" rather diabetes is not gotten from what we eat or drink. There are two types, Type 1 and type 2 diabetes.. Type 1 is hereditary, Type 2 is when the body (pancreas) is unable to produce enough insulin for the body, so artificial insulin is required.. Now those with Diabetes generally stay away from foods containing sugar and foods high in carbohydrate. Because Insulin regulates the glucose level in the body, so consumption of too much sugar items is bad because it will lead to "Hyperglycemia" due to the inability of the body to regulate the sugar level. This therefore can led to renal/kidney failure, cardiovascular disease and damage to the nerves ... Sugar does not cause diabetes on it's Own. Let's be guided please.. #peace
A doctor spotted. noted sha. #peace
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nuclear99(m): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2019
pepilo:
all except water
E be like say you never piss for bed before
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by SamOyovwi: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2019
There's nothing like water intoxication. 60% of the body is made up of water. Stop that English
Duggedised12:
read up water intoxication. Too much of everything including water is bad.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by hekkyboi: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2019
Psoul:
This is my 1yr 2months of saying No to soft drinks. I used to take soft drinks so much that I could not take any meal without a bottle of coke by the side. I tried so much to stop it but I could just avoid it for a day and the next day I see myself gulping my favorite cola drink until 29th July, 2018 I was in my office and as I wanted to take my meal, I brought out my bottle of chilled coke. Inside me I heard, "why not say NO to this coke."

That was how my journey of Say No To Soft drinks started. Now, seeing ppl taking those thing makes me feel as if they are taking poison. What we do now in my house is to gather as enough good fruits as possible from markets. Blend them, store them in a fridge, take them in place of processed drinks. We blend the much that can just last for us like a day or two to avoid over-refrigerating or spoilage.

Meanwhile, I am not beer person. I hardly have appetite for beer though I take some good quality wine and not very regularly.

Avoid sugar, avoid raw salt and minimize all those processed food to stay healthy.

JOIN ME CELEBRATE MY 1YR 2MONTHS (and still counting) OF NO SOFT DRINKS
so tell me has there been any difference or result to ur new discovery and saying no to soft drinks? elucidate me buddy
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by hekkyboi: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Not entirely correct. Type 1 diabetes is genetic but type 2 can be caused by several things including consumption of too much sugar, too much carbs, obesity and stress.
yes so far as your pancrease is unable to regulate regulate insulin so sugar coming will definitely be a problem to regulate
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Psoul(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2019
hekkyboi:

so tell me has there been any difference or result to ur new discovery and saying no to soft drinks? elucidate me buddy

Yes a very great difference.
Before now, when looking at things or reading, it will most times appear cloudy and shadowy.
Sometimes, when I read thing, I will feel so much strain in my eyes which will cause pains in my eyes and serious headache.
I wanted to go for medicated glass, but I hate glasses.
I told myself that I know where my problems are coming from. I knew I was taking too much coke.
I also told myself that I was gradually sliding towards getting diabetic.
I looked at the pains and troubles of this sickness and took that decision to shun sugary drinks.

Before then, I was getting up more than 5 time per night to urinate. Sometime when I taste my urine with my tongue I will not get that much salty taste. Sometimes it will just be as if it was ordinary water. I will tell myself guy what is remaining now is for it to start tasting sugary and I will know that I have embarked on that journey that can never be reversed-diabetes.

I was scared to go for medical test cos I know they will definitely find something that will even start killing me before I get the sickness. I decided not to go for any medical test since I know where my problem was coming from.

Now, I feel so good, my sweat and urine taste normal. I have gone for several blood sugar test from different good hospitals, the results are so perfect. I no longer feel any strain in my eyes and no headache from reading books. I can read from now till tomorrow and no any kind of strain or pain.

Most times, I no longer wake up in the night to take a leak. I feel stronger and refreshed. I keep watch on what I and my family eat these days.

I forgot to tell you, I worked for a soft drink manufacturing company for very long years. You can imagine as a young man those days taking bottles of mineral on daily basis. In those days, it was estimated that a bottle of our softdrink contains 9 cubes of sugar.

Also, those one that are Zero sugar have other ingredients that were used to replace the sugar. I must tell u that those ingredients are deadlier than sugar.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Wheezy123(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2019
Fallenhunter:

No bro, make your researches

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by justi40(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2019
I don't take neither
And am perfectly fine though not easy shall
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by RexTramadol1: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2019
Those years wey I been dey tajutajulize
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Duggedised12(f): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2019
SamOyovwi:
There's nothing like water intoxication. 60% of the body is made up of water. Stop that English
k,i get headache i nor fit argue.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by elonize(m): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2019
Both of dem dey kill o,I no get any wen I prefer,I dnt drink much alcohol, neither sugar drinks.if u know d amount of sugar dey put inside soft drinks ehn,I go dey c sm ppo dey drink Pepsi almost every day.too much alcohol makes u age faster Dan normal.den D side effects dey wait u for front.
All dese tinz should b consumed,ones in a while .too much of it n.a. die kwa die
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by deebrain(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
If you’re drinking a glass or two of soda (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
The same thing goes for alcoholic beverages. If you’re having one beer, or one glass of wine or a mixed drink on a regular basis, the effects are negligible. If, however, you are drinking a 750mL bottle of gin every night, after ten or fifteen years, you’ll eventually experience health problems ranging from mental health issues like depression to an irritated liver and/or pancreas and others, and that says nothing about the withdrawal effects.
Too much of anything is never a good thing. But, we’re all human and take just about anything to an extreme level.
My answer: depending on how much of either you consume, they both can wreak havoc on your body, however I think that alcohol is probably the worst out of these two simply because one can become addicted to it

Nairaland owes you a bottle of malt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by omojeesu(m): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2019
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2019
Still eva's got the adulterated versions smiley

obembet:
Water is my favourite. Even if I visit u and u come with red wine or any beer, I go stay away from u. I don't take anything out side Eva water.

That's what keep my mummy healthy according to her.

Op, pls give me glass of krest, I mean water there.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ojtech8291: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2019
Alcohol has the potential to kill instantly. It can lead you to go and rape a person's wife, and it can move one to go and jam a moving trailer etc. A soft drink can kill if only if your antibodies are weak or you refused to treat the ailment when it surfaces. In conclusion, Alcohol has both short and long term killing potential, while soft drink has a long term with a condition attached.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Jman06(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2019
Alcohol is deadlier than soft drinks. That is practical and can be seen even from the intoxicating effects of alcohol. Alcohol affects many organs in the body like the liver, the brain, the intestine, the kidneys etc.
If you want to understand what alcohol does to the body, buy the liver or intestine of an animal from the market, soak it in alcohol (45%) for some time and then observe the damages.

Soft drinks on the other hand are not as deadly as some researchers imply. Provided you aren't living a sedentary lifestyle, soft drinks won't harm you. One bottle of soft drink daily won't harm an active individual. Some research works are poorly reviewed and their findings aren't true!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by hekkyboi: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2019
Psoul:

Yes a very great difference.
Before now, when looking at things or reading, it will most times appear cloudy and shadowy.
Sometimes, when I read thing, I will feel so much strain in my eyes which will cause pains in my eyes and serious headache.
I wanted to go for medicated glass, but I hate glasses.
I told myself that I know where my problems are coming from. I knew I was taking too much coke.
I also told myself that I was gradually sliding towards getting diabetic.
I looked at the pains and troubles of this sickness and took that decision to shun sugary drinks.

Before then, I was getting up more than 5 time per night to urinate. Sometime when I taste my urine with my tongue I will not get that much salty taste. Sometimes it will just be as if it was ordinary water. I will tell myself what is remaining if for it to start tasting sugary and I will know that I have embarked on that journey that can never be reversed.

I was scared to go for medical test cos I know they will definitely find something that will even start killing me before I get the sickness. I decided not to go for any medical test since I know where my problem was coming from.

Now, I feel so good, my sweat and urine taste normal. I have gone for several blood sugar test from different good hospitals, the results are so perfect. I no longer feel any strain in my eyes and no headache from reading books. I can read from now till tomorrow and no any kind of train.

Most times, I no longer wake up in the night to take a leak. I feel stronger and refreshed. I keep watch on what I and my family eat these days.

I forgot to tell you, I worked for a soft drink manufacturing company for very long years. You can imagine as a young man those days taking bottles of mineral on daily basis. In those days, it was estimated that a bottle of our softdrink contains 9 cubes of sugar.

Also, those one that are Zero sugar have other ingredients that were used to replace the sugar. I must tell u that those ingredients are deadlier than sugar.
nice one bro. now u are good to go. fruit is sure a natural medication cos i hv been there.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by tck2000(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2019
#TeamSoftDrinks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon / UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.