Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? (36559 Views)

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? / Which Is More Harmful Alcohol Vs Soft Drink / More Harmful Than Codeine And Trams Yet Government Haven't Said Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Psoul(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2019
hekkyboi:

nice one bro. now u are good to go. fruit is sure a natural medication cos i hv been there.

Thanks bro, nothing like natural food. Eat less of processed food and live more healthier.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by LadyExcellency: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
If you’re drinking a glass or two of soda (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
The same thing goes for alcoholic beverages. If you’re having one beer, or one glass of wine or a mixed drink on a regular basis, the effects are negligible. If, however, you are drinking a 750mL bottle of gin every night, after ten or fifteen years, you’ll eventually experience health problems ranging from mental health issues like depression to an irritated liver and/or pancreas and others, and that says nothing about the withdrawal effects.
Too much of anything is never a good thing. But, we’re all human and take just about anything to an extreme level.
My answer: depending on how much of either you consume, they both can wreak havoc on your body, however I think that alcohol is probably the worst out of these two simply because one can become addicted to it

One can't be diabetic by taking too much sugar. This is complete nonsense.

Organic Chemicals (extremes of the two pH) do weaken pancreas not sugar itself. It's only when the pancreas is weak that excess sugar becomes problematic.

Sugar is not the culprit.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Thonee(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2019
U mean say alcohol dey make person add weight?

I'm coming,Let me go and ask my neighbor.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Holyfield1(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2019
pepilo:
all except water
Even too much of water is bad

Leads to hyperhydration

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
You agree both are evil... You only want us to recommend a better evil for you. I don't recommend anything harmful, I don't want you to be harmed.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by 2shure: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
Me i nostly do goldberg,budweizer. Or i drink satchet origin with blackwood satchet mixed all up in milk and coke.red cup things
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by maasoap(m): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:
soft drink is very dangerous

It can't be more dangerous than alcohol. The reason is that health effects that soft drinks can cause, alcohol can cause it too, most especially diabetes. Now, alcohol can still cause other illnesses that are not associated with soft drinks, this includes liver damage

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by maasoap(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Holyfield1:
Even too much of water is bad

Leads to hyperhydration

You can't drink too much water unless you're in some kind of water drinking competition. We drink water regularly, everyday. But we shouldn't be drinking either softdrinks or alcohol regularly, everyday. It is not just about too much.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by tomsingun4(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
slawomir:
No one can convince me to do away with my best friend
Alcohol runs in my blood
My blood is alcohol.
Something must kill a man.Weed,Woman,Alcohol And money matter. Me i dey do the three wella
Especially that weed and alcohol. As we dey burn tie na so we dey follow up with some bottle of something
I wonder how life go for be without alcohol. It would have been boring
The spirit of alcohol
You don ever high to the extend that you go dey vomit ehnnn and also dey pray say if God fit allow you survive that moment you nor go ever high like that again
Whereas immediately everything clear for your body then you go return back to the bottles
I swear you're a madman !

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ZoeyJ(f): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
LadyExcellency:

One can't be diabetic by taking too much sugar. This is complete nonsense.

Organic Chemicals (extremes of the two pH) do weaken pancreas not sugar itself. It's only when the pancreas is weak that excess sugar becomes problematic.

Sugar is not the culprit.
You can air your opinion without sounding rude, now swerve

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by healthshop247: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2019
Soft drink is the best

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Henri8: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
You must a deeper lifer or one of those yellow apron wearing people.
See nothing will seperate us from the love alcohol.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by favour32(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Both are harmful.

***Alcohol leads to so my unpleasant situations.
It negatively affect the body;
(1) physically and psychologically/mentally.
(2)by increasing the risk of liver diseases.

***Soft drinks can spike blood sugar. Some of the colourants and preservatives are carcinogens.

Consume either of them minimally or avoid.
Warning!
If your family has history of diabetes or
liver cirrhosis, please avoid both.

If you like continue na enjoyment or something must kill a man,abi?

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by churchee: 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
I hate alcohol, that is why I take Hero. grin
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by LadyExcellency: 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
You can air your opinion without sounding rude, now swerve

Please, can you help me identify the rudeness in my assertion.

I just observed that teaching and fact checking is becoming problematic in this country.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by mechanics(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
Alcohol.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by UrVillagePpl: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
If you’re drinking a glass or two of soda (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
The same thing goes for alcoholic beverages. If you’re having one beer, or one glass of wine or a mixed drink on a regular basis, the effects are negligible. If, however, you are drinking a 750mL bottle of gin every night, after ten or fifteen years, you’ll eventually experience health problems ranging from mental health issues like depression to an irritated liver and/or pancreas and others, and that says nothing about the withdrawal effects.
Too much of anything is never a good thing. But, we’re all human and take just about anything to an extreme level.
My answer: depending on how much of either you consume, they both can wreak havoc on your body, however I think that alcohol is probably the worst out of these two simply because one can become addicted to it
yea dats true,,... but wat is it with girls and Fanta...

most girls love fanta so much that the r now Addicted...

wats the reason, pls share make we for learn cool

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Wayne4uall(m): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2019
Psoul:
This is my 1yr 2months of saying No to soft drinks. I used to take soft drinks so much that I could not take any meal without a bottle of coke by the side. I tried so much to stop it but I could just avoid it for a day and the next day I see myself gulping my favorite cola drink until 29th July, 2018 I was in my office and as I wanted to take my meal, I brought out my bottle of chilled coke. Inside me I heard, "why not say NO to this coke."

That was how my journey of Say No To Soft drinks started. Now, seeing ppl taking those thing makes me feel as if they are taking poison. What we do now in my house is to gather as enough good fruits as possible from markets. Blend them, store them in a fridge, take them in place of processed drinks. We blend the much that can just last for us like a day or two to avoid over-refrigerating or spoilage.

Meanwhile, I am not beer person. I hardly have appetite for beer though I take some good quality wine and not very regularly.

Avoid sugar, avoid raw salt and minimize all those processed food to stay healthy.

JOIN ME CELEBRATE MY 1YR 2MONTHS (and still counting) OF NO SOFT DRINKS

AM HAPPY FOR U.. I DON'T TAKE SOFT DRINKS... WAT ARE THE FRUITS U BLEND TOGETHER MAY B I Can start doing that.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ayanbaba2(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wheezy123:
No bro, make your researches
I think he should!
type II is as a result of hormonal disturbance...
insulin- glucagon regulatory pathway, I think!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Seven Diseases Acquired Via MouthAction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.