Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! (26591 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / I’ll Never Claim My Dad’s Money. I’d Rather Work For Mine – Mike Adenuga’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by actualization: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Call me for advice on...08023410243
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by actualization: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
By my experience ...&... advice....Ull...get through...08023410243/sms....08158446933
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by olilanya: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ademoore07:
I'm sorry to say u are not very close to your dad b4 his demise. I have all my parents account number, ATM passwords and online transactions pins. They release everything to me freely. I only transact business with the accounts based on their instruction. This should have helped resolved your stress.
This has nothing to do with being close to his dad before his demise. If he is the next of kin then he needs the relevant guidance to recover the said amount from the bank. it is a common
observation that most Nigerian parents rarely disclose such to there children.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by stonecoldcafe: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Yes I submitted the LOA and Death Certificate to the bank, filled the form for the said account. They even said that they have done the search to confirm the authenticity of those documents and found them to be true copies. But the reason they have refused to open that account is what I don't know.

Dont underestimate the power of nairaland. It is big and has a wide outreach. Open up here,you dont know the ceo n co that will read and beon your case asap. Reval the name of the officer/officers that have been dealing with your case, state the branch and state the exact dates and approximate times you have visited. Leave credible information and also state your dads name clearly. It is your entitlement and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Make your story more credible with such information. Your helper may just b here esp if the story hits front page

If all fails get d services of a lawyer. Let me give you small expo, banks fear legal issues. Thry hate it with a passion but thats how you wake them up. Just a strong worded letter to begin with
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by fineyemi(m): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!
I wanna ask you some set of questions cos we are same shoes. Though am still waiting for my letter of admin to be granted since Lagos state judiciary just resumed since June. Its so annoying. I have lot of debt to pay.

1st... With what u have said. The money in your dads account is his RSA money which will be in a pension bank eg IBTC.

2nd..You are right, u will be told to open an estate account. Though I haven't started this but have made my enquiry.

3rd...I see no reason y those bank won't pay u your money. What's the name of the bank. And is your dad a Lagos state civil servant. I will like to chat u plss
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by dangoteinlaw: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please for the sensitivity of the issue I won't mention the bank's name. The only thing left is for that bank to open an estate account and transfer in the money, which they are frustrating
o boy them want die your money and you are still claiming for sensitivity issues, abi may you go on Twitter, Instagram or even pay instablog to cast the bank till they release your entitlement, abi be like your story is not true.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by pacespot(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
Cocao:

You cannot come out and say you do not know the reasons they gave you. That is the only way you can get help. Go back and listen to the reasons why the account has not been opened. Update your post here and we can advise accordingly. Your post is very vague and misleading.

Forget about reasons, reasons are as cheap as water for these corporate organizations. If he is one important personality, they would have opened the account immediately after the Letter Of Administration. Do you know what the LOA means concerning the estate of a deceased person? Whoever has the LOA in possession has the exclusive authority to administer such estate, unless someone else is challenging the LOA by filing for a Caveat.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by josite: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
Name the bank and the branch and the legal advisor will call you to go now and see someone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Cocao(f): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
pacespot:

Forget about reasons, reasons are as cheap as water for these corporate organizations. If he is one important personality, they would have opened the account immediately after the Letter Of Administration. Do you know what the LOA means concerning the estate of a deceased person? Whoever has the LOA in possession has the exclusive authority to administer such estate, unless someone else is challenging the LOA by filing for a Caveat.

I know what LOA means very well. There are other process related issues why an estate account may not be opened. That is why I want tot know why, so we can know the advise to give her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by CeterisXVII: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Yes I submitted the LOA and Death Certificate to the bank, filled the form for the said account. They even said that they have done the search to confirm the authenticity of those documents and found them to be true copies. But the reason they have refused to open that account is what I don't know.
Write a letter of complaint to the MD of the bank, copy the Executive Directors, Head of Legal, copy the Head of Internal Audit, and finally copy the CBN Customer Complaints team.

Include a clear description of all you have been through, as well as names and descriptions of all the bank's officials that attended to you, including the name and address of the branch where you wanted to open the Estate Account.

Make sure you include the relevant timelines, as well as how long the whole exercise has been going on, especially the part about the various excuses the bank has been giving you.

Make sure you submit originals of the letters to all the listed parties, and ensure they are duly acknowledged with the bank's receipt stamp on it.

Then sit back and wait. If you do not get a call from a top manager and a resolution of the situation within the next 7 working days, Oga fire a petition against them to CBN.

fanex:
go to the bank's website, get the email addresses of the MD, CEO, COO just the top guys in the corporate head office and copy them in an email you are sending to the problem persons in the branch and watch the magic happen. grin grin grin
Exactly !! Your head dey there. cheesy
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Lakenzie: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
Go back to the court to grant you a garnishee order to effect the opening or banker cheque issu e on your name .Am sure the court will speed up this since they have a percentage of the money has charges.

Banks might be funny sometimes but not to the extent of not honoring a garnishee order , they know the implications .
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ademoore07:
I'm sorry to say u are not very close to your dad b4 his demise. I have all my parents account number, ATM passwords and online transactions pins. They release everything to me freely. I only transact business with the accounts based on their instruction. This should have helped resolved your stress.

This is 100% irrelevant

2 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by pocohantas(f): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
In fact just send a mail to the MD

-You can send a mail to any banker once you know their first name, last name and bank.

-You can also go to their website and send a mail to the whole corporate office.

-You can mention the name here and they will definitely contact you.

-That said, no foul play because once the process to open an Estate Acct has been started, no one will dare touch that account.

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by UrVillagePpl: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
OlaSammie:
Take this to twitter, tag the bank, CBN and if you don't have plenty followers, you can tag popular twitter figures.

am loving this family all ova again. always there wen u call.... nairaland una too much ..
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by CeterisXVII: 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
Cocao:
I know what LOA means very well. There are other process related issues why an estate account may not be opened. That is why I want tot know why, so we can know the advise to give her.
What other processes may be involved, please? It takes less than a week to open an estate account, once the LOA and BVN details of the administrators are known, and all relevant forms have been filled, after the bank confirms the LOA is authentic. In some banks, it takes 3 days. So what else? shocked
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by wabbyland(m): 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
VajanahDischaj:
you guys shud visit Abuja and u will see justice/solution.

forgive me for asking too much question. is it the bank office in Abuja or the court? forgive me once again for asking this question
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Dancastina: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hi,

I really sympathize with you regarding the frustrating tactics the bank may be using.

I am an experienced estate attorney and would be delighted to assist you if you so wish.

Many thanks.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Ademoore07(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Okpa042:

This is 100% irrelevant
Thanks 4 ur assessment.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by ridbell01(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
Guy you need to seat tight on the matter many of the bankers are robbers in suit
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by webngnews: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
Report to cbn
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by FamousOj: 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello please how were you able to get the letter of administration (LOA) I intend claiming my dads own also but I don't know how to get the LOA from the court..
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by fineyemi(m): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
FamousOj:
Hello please how were you able to get the letter of administration (LOA) I intend claiming my dads own also but I don't know how to get the LOA from the court..
Goto probate
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by masqot(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!
What's the lawyer who assisted you with the Letter of Administration doing? Does he want to collect 10℅ for doing nothing? If he's not working, hire another lawyer cos you might not be able to handle some knotty aspect of the processes. Best of luck.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by galantjoe(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
quentin06:
Another proof that contributory pension is a scam, where are your late Dad's PFAs ? how come none of them is saying anything, better contact Pencom and report the bank and the PFA, they re trying to chop your inheritance.

If your Dad named you as the beneficiary this shouldnt bean issue, these PFAs are so corrupt, they wont tell you that a 'next of kin' and 'a beneficiary' are different entities.

The poster did not specify whether his later father pension RSA or his bank account balances that they refuse him up access.

If iT is pension RSA then he needs not to open any estate account

The post is vague with limited details
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by balogunolu89(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Sorry you have to go throught this trouble..have it in mi d that the bank will ensure due diligence by confirming the authenticity of the letter of adminiatration.
Note that no bank will transer funds from your dads acvount to the eatate account instead a ban draft will be raise in favour of a court with ur dads name also on the draft after which the value of the draft can be paid into the estate account.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by stonecoldcafe: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Write a letter of complaint to the MD of the bank, copy the Executive Directors, Head of Legal, copy the Head of Internal Audit, and finally copy the CBN Customer Complaints team.

Include a clear description of all you have been through, as well as names and descriptions of all the bank's officials that attended to you, including the name and address of the branch where you wanted to open the Estate Account.

Make sure you include the relevant timelines, as well as how long the whole exercise has been going on, especially the part about the various excuses the bank has been giving you.

Make sure you submit originals of the letters to all the listed parties, and ensure they are duly acknowledged with the bank's receipt stamp on it.

Then sit back and wait. If you do not get a call from a top manager and a resolution of the situation within the next 7 working days, Oga fire a petition against them to CBN.

Exactly !! Your head dey there. cheesy

God bless you
Let him include a letter from his lawyer. That moni go come out sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Mayorwer: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

HELP!!!
I will advise you to come to Abuja,there is one human rights radio station in Abuja. It is a very powerful radio station and I can assure you that they will help you.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Mayorwer: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

HELP!!!

I will advise you to come to Abuja,there is one human rights radio station in Abuja. It is a very powerful radio station and I can assure you that they will help you.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Yankee101: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
Approach the head office

The truth is some branches don't see certain types of transactions always so they delay in doing it cos they have to ask questions from the head office

Plus, to give the bank the benefit of doubt, their legal department has to scrutinize the documents for authenticity and give the go ahead (usually 2weeks or so). So follow up. Email the legal department/head office.

But you should have specified what their actual response was. As long as it's not denied you are ok.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by kopey: 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
The problem that most bank do face in most cases on deceased customer account is to discover that, it's polygamous family where other children brought letter from lawyer indicating he has other children. The bank will be reluctant to release such money because in most cases, the way letter of administration is done in Nigeria might not notify the family involved before such letter is issued.Kindly approach the bank operation manager and discuss with him to know the delay. I think is a small matter only the bank want to be careful in releasing such money if the deceased die intestate.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by BigBashiru: 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:
Go and work for your money....let your Dad's money go to charity

Shut the furkk up ye cursed.
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by CeterisXVII: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
balogunolu89:
Sorry you have to go throught this trouble..have it in mi d that the bank will ensure due diligence by confirming the authenticity of the letter of adminiatration.
Note that no bank will transer funds from your dads acvount to the eatate account instead a ban draft will be raise in favour of a court with ur dads name also on the draft after which the value of the draft can be paid into the estate account.
No Sir. shocked If you open the estate account in the same bank where your late father had his account, the bank will simply transfer the money in your dad's account to the new estate account. No need to issue any bank draft, if it is the same bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Home To 9,100 Dollar-Millionaires, Worth $207 Billion / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 40 Key Points From Gtbank's Version Of What Caused Dispute / CAC Denies Registering ‘Wickedness Association of Nigeria’ As A Business (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.